• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm in New Orleans for about a week, gonna have some free time to kill, anybody still play melee around here?

We do have Melee, and PM. As a Midwest guy, you might know Dope, who is in the area now. We have a tournament on Saturday in Nola as well.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
I'll be gone by Saturday, but I do miss Dope, thanks for that heads up. I'll have time early afternoon today and then 8-5ish the next few days, inconvenient I'm sure but that's what I got

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
omg japanese i must counter with korean!!!!!!!!

오늘 내가 예뻐!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also hi ran where did you come from

TFerg

Smash Apprentice
Man that's all I want to hear is fun was had. I had a blast too and it was great meeting you. :D

Haha thanks on the compliment but I know it ain't no melee play.. . And sorry about the $2, I really would have been fine not MMing, for the future. xP
Yeah but even $1 per person teams made it mean at least something, and 8-player smash was just not that hype lol
Funny, but no outplays to be had. So I wanted to see how the game felt in 'srs' doubles. It wasn't that bad to be honest, I would play Smash 4 doubles again.

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
<3

"たましい”は正しい、でも望みはそいつは日本語を話します。
僕は その 漢字を 読みませんw 日本語を 話すのが できますけど、 ちょっとだけ。 本当に 難しいね。。。

based japanese translator extension hand holding me to read/write in japarooni.

'V'

Smash Lord
Competed in P:M at SALT today to try to get an idea of how competitive 3.5 will work in the future. Got 3rd using my old characters with Zelda only taking me some of the way while the Spacies carried me to as high as I got. Losses were inevitable, but some I felt were more brutal than they should've been.

So here's my prediction on what the meta's gonna look like for this build:

- The good characters in Melee will become good again.

- A few outliers from the good Melee characters will be relevant (Ganon just to name one, but there are other candidates for this).

- The stage list will need yet another makeover since there are too many viable ones again.

- Falcon and Ganon will be the anti-floaty, anti-crouch canceling, super hype characters that everyone will have at least one of just because.

- The game has potential to be more offensive in general

Not sure if I care too much for 3.5 as of right now, but we'll just have to see in the next few months. Maybe something cool will happen.

I still haven't tried out Peach yet to see if I like her or not, so there's that at least.

heyitshoward

Smash Apprentice
SALT was SO hype
i have never been so happy to yell random stupid **** into a mic
everyone should watch all the videos with taylor playing in them

also who is swordply on reddit

Last edited:

-Ran

Smash Master
I'll be gone by Saturday, but I do miss Dope, thanks for that heads up. I'll have time early afternoon today and then 8-5ish the next few days, inconvenient I'm sure but that's what I got
I passed on to Dope that you're in the area. He said he'll attempt to hit you up. I'm off on Wednesday, but that's all I've got that would line up with your times. I usually work lunches.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Wintercon Hype

Schedule off work now.

January 24th

http://smashboards.com/threads/jan-...24th-bonus-pots-baton-rouge-louisiana.378385/

Everything is being edited and finalized over the next few days expect many things to change on that schedule thankyou.
Yo Bomber, my El Gato 60 just came in the other day. I can let you guys use it for super sexy smash 4 stream quality. I also have component capture card with a component to composite converter (Means that: Stream will be in 480p max Wii quality, TV will still be Yellow, red, white cords so no frame delay) for Brawl and P:M if you want to use that as well.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
僕は その 漢字を 読みませんw 日本語を 話すのが できますけど、 ちょっとだけ。 本当に 難しいね。。。

based japanese translator extension hand holding me to read/write in japarooni.
おれは同じく日本語を 話す、そして漢字を読みません。おれはhttp://jisho.orgを使える、その言葉を探す。XD

Last edited:

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
I really don't see the point in having Brawl with Smash 4 AND P:M being at the same event, but that's just my opinion. Seems like it would just make the event longer.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I passed on to Dope that you're in the area. He said he'll attempt to hit you up. I'm off on Wednesday, but that's all I've got that would line up with your times. I usually work lunches.
Might you be able to come to Smash Bash 4 this Saturday? :o

Sudai and I will be going and it's been a good while since we've seen you. :) Or at least me anyway XD

i'm too lazy to say this sentence in japanese, but i use this
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/rikaikun/jipdnfibhldikgcjhfnomkfpcebammhp?hl=en
you just hover over words with this one, and it gives you the form they're in + all the different translations depending on whether it's just hiragana/katakana/kanji, it's really useful

EDIT: apparently if you just say "J A P" it gets censored, lmao
Nice nice :p I can make sentences myself but just use Jisho to check or look up something I don't know, and Google Translate to confirm it at least makes some sense in there too. It's hilarious in that it never gets slang though XD

Yeah, that's censored because it's a derogatory war term. Use Jpn instead or just JP :p

Last edited:

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Smashcon has always tried to do some for all communities by having each game represented at our event. We've always wanted to be fair and give every game a bit of the spotlight. I know Brawl, Smash 4 , and PM might give us some trouble but we'll be fine. This is why I put in our first post that the schedule may change a bit. I wish to separate the major time consuming games as much as possible. That way we don't seem to be held up by players being in multiple tourneys much. Which is gonna be a problem with the philosophy we have of having every iteration of smash.

I remember there was some talk of PM being 3 stock since it takes so long, we're considering that option right now. Plus with 3.5 we don't know if it has made anything change. Brawl will be two stock I'm almost absolutely sure of it but I need to talk it over with some of the TOs involved first. I feel if we push Smash 4 out fast enough everything else will run smoothly. That is if Smash 4 gets a big turnout. The Wiiu version is coming out soon and we'll see how well the game is truly received by the community making it a bigger turnout for us or smaller.

So as you can see we have many things that might change how we're running our event approaching. Give us sometime and we'll figure out the perfect balance for how we should run things as smoothly as possible.

-Fancy

'V'

Smash Lord
That's all good and all, but adding on another event in general will just add more time no matter how you swing it, even with dropping some stocks for games. More people will be drawn in from the events as well, especially with Smash 4 around. I definitely feel that Smashcon should try to expand it to a 2-day event instead of trying to cram everything into just 1 day just to not have it finish in time. Last time I think the venue even let us run an hour after the venue had already closed and it still didn't finish. Is a 2-day event up for consideration at Laser Tag?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
@ smash-con smash-con ...2 stock brawl...come on. You might as well just not have it if you're gonna do that let's be real lol
Alright then, no Brawl it is. Problem solved.

Edit: You want to 'be real lol'? Alright. Brawl is a pretty slow game with an extremely defensive playstyle. Even if you're fairly aggressive, it's still not as fast as its predecessor or its mod. Brawl was dying, now it's virtually obsolete now that a new (campy) game is out. You're lucky it even made the cut.

Last edited:

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Lol I love how everyone is like jumping down Brawl's throat and bashing it and **** XD. I don't ****ing care. Brawl is dead and has been dead for months now. Like I said: either do it right or just don't do it at all. No sense in half assing something that's already dead am I wrong? Look at you @ iceman48 iceman48 you're hilarious! Trying to start a brawl argument. "Wow zomg bawl is so slow and it sucks. Your game is dumb and it's dying and you're lucky your dumb little game is even gonna be played." Prime example of why I think less and less of the smash community every day. People just looooooooove to talk **** about Brawl in anyway they can! I could sit here and talk about why I love the game and how I'm said that melee asshats have bashed it into it's death. But honestly I've set the bar so low for the etiquette of the smash community now that I really just don't care anymore. I show up to tournaments, hang out with friends and play smash. Either way, I'm going to smash con, I'm playing melee, i'm playing brawl (if it's there), i'm playing project M, and i'm playing smash 4 and I'm gonna have fun playing video games.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I don't like internet fights. You started with the sarcasm, I kept the ball rolling. You can play Brawl, that's fine.

I'm not privy to the details of how the tourney in question came to be 2 stocks, but if I had to guess, they didn't have time to run everything. When I say "you're lucky Brawl made the cut," I wasn't being sarcastic. They probably had to choose between shortening Brawl's length of time or cutting it altogether. They chose to give preferential treatment to the newest iteration of the series everyone is going there to play.

You say "I don't ****ing care." I don't know, sounds like maybe you do. And before you respond, read this post again and understand that I'm not bashing Brawl at any point, nor have I said anything that can even be misinterpreted as untrue. Same goes for the last post. Brawl is a slow game, it is dying, and there is a new game taking its place.

I'd also imagine you'd like to keep it civil seeing as we might actually meet at some point.

Edit: Mother ******

Last edited:

heyitshoward

Smash Apprentice
good work brandon
spread the gospel

in other news this adam brines guy on facebook is simply phenomenal, i love him
not only has he worked for whatever important companies and done work on spectrometers and written papers, he's also appeared and starred in many movies and tv shows while having been to over 7 different countries. not only that, but he's also saved two lives and is patenting his invention while writing oriiginal screenplays. AND it turns out he's a TOP SOCAL SMASHER too?? what a genius, he must have been educated by albert einstein.

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
Lol I love how everyone is like jumping down Brawl's throat and bashing it and **** XD. I don't ****ing care. Brawl is dead and has been dead for months now. Like I said: either do it right or just don't do it at all. No sense in half assing something that's already dead am I wrong? Look at you @ iceman48 iceman48 you're hilarious! Trying to start a brawl argument. "Wow zomg bawl is so slow and it sucks. Your game is dumb and it's dying and you're lucky your dumb little game is even gonna be played." Prime example of why I think less and less of the smash community every day. People just looooooooove to talk **** about Brawl in anyway they can! I could sit here and talk about why I love the game and how I'm said that melee ******s have bashed it into it's death. But honestly I've set the bar so low for the etiquette of the smash community now that I really just don't care anymore. I show up to tournaments, hang out with friends and play smash. Either way, I'm going to smash con, I'm playing melee, i'm playing brawl (if it's there), i'm playing project M, and i'm playing smash 4 and I'm gonna have fun playing video games.

Melee mm at wintercon?

BSP

Smash Legend
I assumed everyone that played/cared about Brawl would move on to Smash 4, and I'm sure others think the same, so it's just the first game up for consideration on the chopping block.

Vaughn is absolutely right though. Time constraints are very real at Laser Tag. If it was me, I'd cut brawl and add it if enough interest was shown. So...maybe at least 10 people saying they'd enter? I don't know if I'll enter it or not, but I wouldn't be really sad if it wasn't there.

Plus, Pac-Man isn't in Brawl, nor is Uncle Mario :(

Last edited:

_D._

Smash Apprentice
Ramusar do you even play brawl seriously anymore? Do you even want to get better in that game?

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
All I was trying to say is either do brawl 3 stock or don't do it all. lol ya'll are crazy. Like I said, I'm going to play video games and have fun XD. Iceman, no hate dog. Butt pirate, yeah sure but you're gonna kick my ass. Make it Project M and we'll get a better match doe. D, eh...I mean. If there is a tournament for it that isn't too out of my way I'll go and sort of take it seriously. But honestly, I used to practice Brawl with melee and P:M and now I don't even practice it anymore. So no, I guess I don't want to get better at the game.

I assumed everyone that played/cared about Brawl would move on to Smash 4, .
Dog, if they added SDI, took away the new ledge hog mechanic, fixed my brawl mains (minus MK, he's good where he is), and gave me invisibility back on the ledge. Then totally. But right now, I see smash 4 as a dumbed down version of brawl. Disclaimer: this is MY opinion. No need to jump down my throat ppl.

I don't like smash 4 as a competitive game. 1v1 rust me then

Last edited:
Top Bottom