• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
P:M 3.5 comes out on Friday. Thoughts?
That's a really brave move for them to release right before Smash 4 U, but it's somewhat understandable for them to do it before so that it won't be directly conflicting compared to releasing it after.

Either way, that's pretty awesome that at least they're getting something out before everyone gets completely immersed in Smash 4 @ gc controller for several months developing metas. I'll have to update my archive and get it somewhere on my profile so people can find it if they need it.

Yams Everywhere

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1934-0304
I feel like the PMDT is doing this in response to PM's exclusion at Apex 2015. Previously, the PMDT stated that they were going to release 3.5 at a later time so that it wouldn't interfere with smash 4 sales. With the removal of PM at apex, it seems like they released 3.5 as an act of vengeance or something. I feel like this will result in even more of a divide in the smash community. People will be too hyped for 3.5 to pay attention to smash 4.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
I feel like the PMDT is doing this in response to PM's exclusion at Apex 2015. Previously, the PMDT stated that they were going to release 3.5 at a later time so that it wouldn't interfere with smash 4 sales. With the removal of PM at apex, it seems like they released 3.5 as an act of vengeance or something. I feel like this will result in even more of a divide in the smash community. People will be too hyped for 3.5 to pay attention to smash 4.
what lol

TFerg

Smash Apprentice
Predictions for 3.5 PM.

-I win more cause my character is strictly getting buffed if recoveries/silly matchups are getting nerfed
-higher tier melee "only" players win more
-PM only players will lose more at first, but then swing back fast. Other than DF, maybe. I think he will still win
-Taylor will beat Justin/DF consistently and suddenly love PM
-The mysterious @ Sudai Sudai will return so I can put a face to this guy who was pretty good then randomly quit

Last edited:

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
Predictions for 3.5 PM.

-I win more cause my character is strictly getting buffed if recoveries/silly matchups are getting nerfed
-higher tier melee "only" players win more
-PM only players will lose more at first, but then swing back fast. Other than DF, maybe. I think he will still win
-The mysterious @ Sudai Sudai will return so I can put a face to this guy who was pretty good then randomly quit
MM me scrub

Sudai

Stuff here
Taylor won't love it. Winning/losing doesn't sway his opinion of a game enough.

I didn't randomly quit. I've been a casual since like 2-3 years ago. lol

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I hope what happened with Apex doesn't spread to other Majors.
Me either, but I think we got kind of lucky with Nintendo's allowing of it to be played for money in the first place. And please post here one more time. Your post count has me brimming with anticipation.

Edit: 5 hours later. Come on man, the suspense is killing me.

Last edited:

NightRaid|tAmA?

Smash Cadet
annnnd I'm back with my new account. @ TFerg TFerg has the next Godlike been announced.

P.S. changed my tag from SKjet to tAmA because who doesn't like a japanese word that means Soul and a couple of other things.

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
From what little I have seen about 3.5, I'll say this: I'll miss my Din's Fire minefield. :(

But, like I've done in the past, I'll just have to adapt and find a way to make the new Din's fire work. For all I know, it might actually prove to be useful. Idk, I will call it like I see it when I get around to playing it.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
probably going to play peach a little more lol.
she's basically melee peach but no one explores her, it's sad : (

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I don't even much care, I could play me some Smash4 for Wii U, gamecube controller feels godlike by comparison to 3DS and even pro controller.

GG's to @ TFerg TFerg even if you hate the game and just played for the lulz. Also GGs to Chauncey and that other guy I played against, y'all was legit and fun to hang and chat and play with.

'V'

Smash Lord
probably going to play peach a little more lol.
she's basically melee peach but no one explores her, it's sad : (
Fun fact, Zack:

My first P:M main was, in fact, Peach. I was able to consistently get Top 4 with her for a while. Even got 3rd at one of the Shrimps. Consistently beat Magi_ with her too before I switched. Definitely an underexplored character. Give her more a shot. You may be surprised.

Yeah The Grudge is looking pretty hype right now. I wanna see ALL the MM's. lol

Missed the Game stop thing, but I'll just buy the game in a week. Hehe

TFerg

Smash Apprentice
I don't even much care, I could play me some Smash4 for Wii U, gamecube controller feels godlike by comparison to 3DS and even pro controller.

GG's to @ TFerg TFerg even if you hate the game and just played for the lulz. Also GGs to Chauncey and that other guy I played against, y'all was legit and fun to hang and chat and play with.
Hey man I had fun just hangin and laughin, your Greninja is pretty sweet.

congrats on taking our 2$

Last edited:

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Man that's all I want to hear is fun was had. I had a blast too and it was great meeting you. :D

Haha thanks on the compliment but I know it ain't no melee play.. . And sorry about the $2, I really would have been fine not MMing, for the future. xP

Last edited:

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
I'm in New Orleans for about a week, gonna have some free time to kill, anybody still play melee around here?

Top Bottom