• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
not going cause tournies with mk banned are dumb and me not being there shows that your actually losing a person because of this decision. If you had made it mk legal let me know who wouldn't have come. Mk legal people come>Mk banned people not coming. Have fun!

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
If there's an issue with money or getting a ride there, that's a legit reason, but it's pretty straightforward. You either come or not. Or you know, you might have some personal obligations to take care of which I fully respect. If you are able to make it, then I highly suggest you come.
What's this stuff?

"Meta-hybrid rule: Metaknight is banned unless both players agree to let him be played during the game or set"

It's pretty straightforward. You either ban Metaknight or not.

Agree'd with Mar. Hmmm, that's odd. I don't usually agree with him.

D

Deleted member

i almost trolled brawl. but that would be gay. i totally think mar is a ***, but that has nothing to do with brawl.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
not going cause tournies with mk banned are dumb and me not being there shows that your actually losing a person because of this decision. If you had made it mk legal let me know who wouldn't have come. Mk legal people come>Mk banned people not coming. Have fun!
I wouldn't go if MK was legal so it's even now. Looks like they like me more MAR.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
What's this stuff?

"Meta-hybrid rule: Metaknight is banned unless both players agree to let him be played during the game or set"

It's pretty straightforward. You either ban Metaknight or not.
It's called I'm the TO and I can make the rules how I see fit. :)

And I respect MaR for not attending a tournament with rules he doesn't agree with and also not raising a ruckus over it. I also responded to MaR's comment on the tournament thread. Even though MK is banned unless both players agree upon it, those who play MK and actually show up, I see them play MK pretty frequently during the tournament, so those who never show up to my event have no weight in their complaint.

This goes out to anyone with MaR's argument: By now it doesn't matter whether MK is legal or not, at least on a local tournament level. I've been running brawl events long enough, I've seen the consequences for having MK legal and banned. The turnouts really weren't that different, and if MK got banned, then people would get really angry and start to get on my case for it. So I took a gamble and went meta-hybrid, and I've had the greatest results form that. I've had the most positive reactions to that. The turnouts for Get Hype have been averaging 12+ people (a little more than that) each time, so I see no reason to change what I've been doing now. We have new people in the community who are able to fill up your spots in the bracket if you choose not to show because of rules or whatever other reason you have for not showing up.

I still encourage anyone who is able to make it to show it, I know I can always guarantee people re going to have fun. A bunch of great people how up to Get Hype so it's definitely worth the experience.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
It's called I'm the TO and I can make the rules how I see fit. :)

And I respect MaR for not attending a tournament with rules he doesn't agree with and also not raising a ruckus over it. I also responded to MaR's comment on the tournament thread. Even though MK is banned unless both players agree upon it, those who play MK and actually show up, I see them play MK pretty frequently during the tournament, so those who never show up to my event have no weight in their complaint.

This goes out to anyone with MaR's argument: By now it doesn't matter whether MK is legal or not, at least on a local tournament level. I've been running brawl events long enough, I've seen the consequences for having MK legal and banned. The turnouts really weren't that different, and if MK got banned, then people would get really angry and start to get on my case for it. So I took a gamble and went meta-hybrid, and I've had the greatest results form that. I've had the most positive reactions to that. The turnouts for Get Hype have been averaging 12+ people (a little more than that) each time, so I see no reason to change what I've been doing now. We have new people in the community who are able to fill up your spots in the bracket if you choose not to show because of rules or whatever other reason you have for not showing up.

I still encourage anyone who is able to make it to show it, I know I can always guarantee people re going to have fun. A bunch of great people how up to Get Hype so it's definitely worth the experience.
No need to shout.

Okuser

Smash Ace
this "mk-hybrid rule" or whatever is NOT a concession to mk players or an incentive for MK players to attend in any way. it's just silly.

but he can run his tournaments however he wants no one really cares at this point. I'll just keep going to standard rule set tournaments like Who's Tyler and whatever else, it's not a big deal.

D

Deleted member

I would definitely attend if it was on the Sunday or Monday...If that means anything.
basically the only conflicts are 1 person can only make wednesday and you can only make sun or monday. i know its kind of a long drive for you, but ill schedule it on monday if you really think you would come. need to know ASAP though becuase i want to make the tourney thread tonight if possible

Murdok

Smash Cadet
basically the only conflicts are 1 person can only make wednesday and you can only make sun or monday. i know its kind of a long drive for you, but ill schedule it on monday if you really think you would come. need to know ASAP though becuase i want to make the tourney thread tonight if possible

Not a big deal man... You can go ahead go for Wednesday. I will make the next one.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I'll have to check my calendar. The only thing that would keep me from going besides something else planned that day would be the which I am low on. Gas would be like 100$ zomg.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well my damn tournament is probably going to be canceled...AGAIN. Jezz Bomber is being a TO THIS frustrating?
Being a TO has its trying moments, but I still love it. There's a lot of lessons to be learned though like patience and never expecting anything to go according to what you planned -> in every aspect of it, like people showing up on time, equipment malfunctioning, random nonsense occurring, etc. You just need to roll with the punches and do what you know is necessary to make your tournament run smoothly. May I ask what the problem is as to why you might have to cancel your tournament again?

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
This time there was no good reason. My old youth pastor just said, lol I canceled it because he didn't want to push it a day forward. Even after I told him I could be back tomorrow so we wouldn't have to reschedule; he just canceled it for no good reason.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Oh, well in that case, you definitely want to go find another venue. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. I know how hard it is to find a venue sometimes. I consider it one of the most difficult things when it comes to being a TO, sometimes you get lucky and find a place to be a good venue, other times you got nothing.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Oh, well in that case, you definitely want to go find another venue. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. I know how hard it is to find a venue sometimes. I consider it one of the most difficult things when it comes to being a TO, sometimes you get lucky and find a place to be a good venue, other times you got nothing.
Shoutouts to the original SmashCon crew for finding Ohana Pier!

EDIT: Will I be seeing any of LA's melee players at WHOBO? I'm going to enter Melee, just in case 64 doesn't end up getting enough interest.

ChKn

Smash Ace
This time there was no good reason. My old youth pastor just said, lol I canceled it because he didn't want to push it a day forward. Even after I told him I could be back tomorrow so we wouldn't have to reschedule; he just canceled it for no good reason.

Just find a new venue via social contacts, etc.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Thanks for the support man.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Dude you think I have money to rent a venue?

I've never had to rent a venue when I was a TO. Doing so is a completely bad idea, unless it's a Con. I just asked local game people if I can run a tournament there, and all but one were completely supportive.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Is there any non-franchise video game store (i.e. not gamestop, locally run)?

Yo BSP:

As soon as the console goes off, where's all of that skill? I can't take any of that with me or speak on it as a productive use of time. If only I had done something else...maybe more exercise?
Pick up Table Tennis. You can apply so many theoretical skills (i.e. reading opponents, studying film, knowing how to position, etc.) to that. The rest is just physical. I know they have a club at Yale.

I'll just VM you.

ChKn

Smash Ace
We have PNT and EGL, but I haven't kept up with EGL in a few years. I got really busy and had to put all of my focus on not ****ing up in school lol.

Top Bottom