• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

'V'

Smash Lord
Yeah, I guess I've actually been stepping my game up even though I haven't really been practicing. I'll take it, though. Staying in the smash scene is what's allowing me to keep hanging out with you guys, so I guess I'm not stepping away from it just yet, though I am quite tired of Melee at least.

I don't do money matches for Brawl anymore, especially if the other person uses Meta Knight. The game's waaaay too silly and random for that. Tourneys are good enough.

And what else can I say? Shoopidy Bop.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess I've actually been stepping my game up even though I haven't really been practicing. I'll take it, though. Staying in the smash scene is what's allowing me to keep hanging out with you guys, so I guess I'm not stepping away from it just yet, though I am quite tired of Melee at least.

I don't do money matches for Brawl anymore, especially if the other person uses Meta Knight. The game's waaaay too silly and random for that. Tourneys are good enough.

And what else can I say? Shoopidy Bop.
You're on the PR now, big chief, so you are "better than me", and I have to challenge you and defeat you to prove my manhood and mate with women and take my place as one of the chieftain.

so yeaaaaa...

'V'

Smash Lord
Last time I checked, money matches don't affect if you get on the PR or not. And if they do, then it's definitely not much. It's mostly tourney attendance and tourney placement.

Sorry, but I'm not gonna accept money matches just because some guys feel like having their balls dropped by being placed on a PR.

Bottom line: Go to tournaments.

That's all I'm going to say. Everything else said on the matter at this point will be ignored.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
For you Melee players:

Gameware Monthly 34 will have Melee. Make sure you come to it because this will be THE LAST Melee tourney that I will run for it and it will also be THE LAST Melee tourney that I will enter.

There will also be Street Fighter, Marvel, and Casual Gaming.

It's going to take place on January 20th.

Gameware Monthly 34

General Rules:

- Registration begins at 6:00 p.m.
- Tournaments start at 7:30 p.m.
- $5 Entry Fee (w/ $1 Venue Fee)
- Double Elimination Brackets
- 60/30/10 Pot Split

- Bring Your Own Controller

TOURNAMENT RULES

Super Street Fighter 4 : Arcade Edition Rules

- 99 seconds
- Best of 3 matches of best of 3 rounds (Finals are best of 5 matches)
- Loser of a match may switch their character and ultra combo, the winner may not

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Rules

- 99 seconds
- Best of 3 matches (Finals are best of 5)
- Loser of a match may switch characters, the winner may not

Super Smash Bros. Melee Rules

- MBR Recommended Ruleset
- Singles ONLY

Casual Gaming

- As long as there is space that can be provided and if you've brought a setup, you may play any casual game. Try not to be disruptive, please.
for melee peeps

Curlz

Smash Lord
Mar showed up before I did in the scene. He posted once or twice and never heard from him again until now. Lol.

Vaugh, MMs actually do count towards the PR. So if anyone except Vaughn, Lee, JNig want to Money Match me, I should be at the next BRM. Name your price. I'm gonna be on this next PR. ;]

:phone:

smasher salt

Smash Rookie
hey is the gameware monthly at the same place as the other tournaments v held?

Also does anyone else need a ride on the way from hammond?

Top Bottom