• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

Yeah, but we just wanted to hang out with other smashers in our region and just play around you know? And the TVs aren't small. When we went in, we saw 2 big screen tvs and they also reserve two tvs to demo Snes and Genesis games (lawl) and they also have an xbox booth.

And Colin and I actually walked in late one day and found people playing friendlies but whatever.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Woah, we've got a smash scene down here.

Apparently, Matt (Ever_Power hangs out with Ricky, John, etc) went there for a while now, and everyone there knows how to wavedash, l-cancel, all that jazz. These guys are pretty into playing too since they stick around and gather every wednesday down here, so it's actually kinda cool.

>_>

As for results, *headdesk*

XD Well, first off every round was on FD (so lots of Falcos) and when it was my turn to go and play, I didn't know that I put in my controller in the second player slot. So I had a falco ditto with a dude, and when the match began, I SHL off the screen and suicided. X_X But no johns. I kinda felt like I should've bounched back, but its' all good.

As for later on, I got a bye (more or less) then played someone's Ice Climbers with my Samus. Afterwards, another Samus player saw me play and even said that he was kinda nervous to play against me, but I kinda wrecked in the beginning with my Sheik and got knocked out. X_X I didn't really pick it up until I noticed I was down by like three stocks and then got two quick KOs in succession but got D-smashed off the screen.

>_> So yeah, it's actually pretty cool here. We've got a lot of new blood down here, but the guys who do play aren't like horrible or anything. In fact, I was kinda surprised with them and kinda disappointed at the same time since I felt like I should've done better. :/ I gotta get rid of the jitters and get out to more tourneys.

Too bad they're all on Wednesday though. >_> Wish they could host a Saturday tourney once in a while so it's a lot more convenient.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Blarg. Be happy Im Dual Registered as a BTR and a P-Cola Smasher. Anypoo, (520)401-6747. Call me for smash or DIE. :D Well...Die of being bored I guess.

eet

Smash Ace
well me shyg and phil might be getting an apartment soon, so when we do Ill prolly hold a big smash party/tourny and eveyrone can come and sleep there for however long they want lol

SirSka

Smash Cadet
I finally got together with one of the people in my old smash crew, and I still took him down. He only beat my Link, which is rusty, and then he got all scared when I pulled out my Ganon. I need more tournaments so I strike that same fear in everyone else.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Another reason for me needing a tourny, is that someone needs to put me in my place. I've got a big head because I can 3 stock the cpu.
[edit] Constantly.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
That probably means you can 4 stock the Iceman (I would've put a higher number, but 4 is as high as it goes). Sex Kick 4 Life.

Sudai

Stuff here
I can probably talk my friend into letting us use his guest house again.

-Ska, only 3 stock? :/ I'm dissapointed in you. 4 stock 0% easy as Mario or Doc despite not playing either anymore. XP

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Nyte, I believe it would be in your best interest not to challenge eet to a Peach ditto. I mean I trust in your skill to some extent, but with Marth, not Peach. Also, I like the banner and the new name you gave us. I didn't even realize it said Battle Rouge til a little while ago.
To everyone that knows this already, don't call me a noob, I just found it out. To everyone that doesn't know, this is interesting. You can break the gun in Corneria. Roy can break it with the sheild break, and it looks cool.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
No, My Marth vs. Peach. I cant play peach for SH*T. Glad you like the banner. Battle Rouge comes from Eet and Shyguy.

Also, no smashy at my place. I gots no TV for smashing. Perhaps yours place eet? Grandma dislike company.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
O_O

Woah, I just noticed the banner as well. XD Too bad I"m not BR man, and I'm not a Mario user too though I do love the guy. My main's always been Capt Falcon but seriously, sweet stuff with the banner.

*loves NickNyte 4 life*

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Nah, I'm actually in New Orleans now which has a surprisingly active smash crew.

>_> Maybe we should make a banner and faceoff against BR. XD

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
on the banner i guess put me as falco even thouhg im probly maining doc and also gonna be using mario and IC when i come back but falco is who i was usin when i left so put him(im still gonna use him too)

i wouldnt even wanna be in this but since we have iceman how could i resist

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
we would so own n.o in a crew baTtles plzzz we got me, EET and frickin ICeman no one can beat that **** (ur just lucky tim isnt here or then it would just be total ownage)

twally

Smash Apprentice
just a thought

you know, i am new to this whole tournament thing...really i am, but would it be possible to get a huge crew battle (like 20?) between all the baton rouge people vs the new orleans guys. i for one would love to see it happen and would also like to participate if anyone is interested. i think we should keep this one the back burner for a little. just throwing it out there...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
To my knowledge there are actually 40 smash players down here that can play. >_>

40 is a big number, so I'm thinking we can definitely slim it down and get a top 20 up for us. First we have the Ricky, Ray, John, Matt "The New Orleans guys." Then we've got all the other people who play at gametrader and such who are starting to pick up on advanced tactics. Then we have four Jesuit guys (>_> I'll let you measure our worth) to seal the deal unless we get to recruit Houma. >_> Oh, and if RAM's over at that time we get him.

But I don't know how many guys actively play in Baton Rouge. >_> I mean, I know Sudai's got a lot of friends, Iceman, Icecow + people, Eet, Shyguy (who's back from a hiatus!!! :)), NickNyte, and Twally and his brother.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Nyte you rule. I finally have a crew. Now I need to make the next tourny. Screw college. I can take a day off. Well labor day sounds pretty good. Or the Saturday of that weekend, or Sunday. I just want to play. Oh and Sudai I am coming down next weekend. I need some prctice with real people. You should get your friends together and we should have an STD.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Haha, I've created a crew. Anyway Eet came over. Pwned me....except for Marth dittos. I am the best Marth in the BTR and I reside that title. Ell, Ill Fastfall quicker than you just to start fighting again. [/inside joke]

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Eet lies. We had to like...finish it off with one last match....And yes, I do blame the loss cause Spongebob playing on the TV in the front. The laugh made me die twice by Marth's blood soaked blade.

[edit] Fixed the banner.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
I finally found someone else up here who likes to play smash, but he isn't near my level. I even beat him with my Ness who I recently started playing, Ganon is still my main. I need to look around to find some other players.

Top Bottom