• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I honesty thought that I was getting better in brawl, but sadly that just doesn't seem to be the case.

I thought I was the sh*t, but sadly I'm just a lowly little fart. : (

Shoutouts to Crulz

:phone:
Are u serious? Dude you're not that bad, u just need to continue training and any problems u have research and ask questions. Imo I think u could be a very good player if u stay dedicated. Btw if u guys get tired of writing out my username just call me Bman or my real name Leon.

champ21bell

Smash Cadet
Are u serious? Dude you're not that bad, u just need to continue training and any problems u have research and ask questions. Imo I think u could be a very good player if u stay dedicated. Btw if u guys get tired of writing out my username just call me Bman or my real name Leon.
Much appreciated brawlman!! Thank you!!!

:phone:

Turazrok

Smash Master
I can still spread froot loops on it and spray it with a hose while you're sleeping old man wiggins.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
you only get good at brawl when you stop worrying about being good and start focusing on the game.
like once youre good at brawl it wont even matter to you that you are good. once being good doesnt matter at all then i feel like you have a good grip on the gameplay.

idk if that makes sense or not

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Its not just a game, its a way of life... but seriously tho don't kill yourself trying to get good. You'll get better as time passes.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Yeah, and speaking of that is any of that other stuff in the OP gonna get changed? Stuff like the LA tourny organizers and the Brawl PR.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Jonathan, don't let it get ya down.

Slam, you kind of got the point down. Once you get good, you then focus on getting better, to see yourself improve. That's how I look at it.

And I'll be making the call to Dibbz either tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm aiming on NOM 14 to be the first Saturday of November, which would be November 5th.

EDIT: I'm CONSIDERING wanting to take over the OP, since you know, I'm active and care and stuff.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
sudai did i see you at Dibbz last saturday cuz it says youre from metiri (wrong spelling dont care) and everything and thats where i was staying.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Whatt? After everyone realizes that this new regenerated diddy kong metagame isn't fun or better in anyway, they will unban MK. lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lee convinced me... don't ban mk
i would love to hear lee's reasonings but yeah, anyways, im a pretty hardcore anti-ban advocate. alabama voted on banning mk at our tournaments and the vote went down 32-1 or something like that. dead serious. im straight up alone on this **** in alabama. started some drama in our thread, pummled literally everyone with STRAIGHT UP reasoning, but ultimately, they still said "loool he is soo broken pick mk = win lolololol!!"
sounds like a fun state to smash in right?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
noone is stopping people from playing MK in friendlies, or forcing MK-solo players to enter mk-banned tournies. he's a videogame character judged by a community and lacks rights as a human. 'how can u do that to mk?!'
brawl is overrated anyway, and while MK has dominated the tourney scene for 3 years now...it'd be nice to let the majority of players enjoy the game they want to play -regardless of his valid or false brokenness.
in other words, its really not that big of a deal. fun > fairness, and more people enjoying the game = a GREATER good for the community. anti side had their turn, let pro side at least enjoy what little is left of brawl. srsly.
think of it like low tier tournaments. you ban a ton of characters so people can use low tiers. banning MK doesn't 'allow' as much as it 'encourages' more character and stage diversity. (especially on account of just his sheer popularity) its a good thing

shaSLAM

Smash Lord

Slam, you're "STRAIGHT UP reasoning" was terrible and uninformed and a lot of it was "STRAIGHT UP wrong."
???????
talking bout how im right cuz i was....
dont understand im not right?
gotta think about that one...
nope
cant
figure it
out.
was right.

whattt you searching my posts or something dude??

but cyphus, word. so youre saying regardless of it being justified or unjustified it just so happens that more smash players will have fun with mk banned so ok i can deal with the ban on that premisis. word indeed.

but anyways, my main issue behind mk getting banned was the motives behind it because he is not a truely broken character going by the definite meaning of broken. that was my main argument. of course, alabama argued that there is no definition for the term "broken"

D

Deleted member

bro·ken
adj \ˈbrō-kən\
Definition of BROKEN
: violently separated into parts : shattered
: damaged or altered by breaking: as a : having undergone or been subjected to fracture <a broken leg> b of land surfaces : being irregular, interrupted, or full of obstacles c : violated by transgression <a broken promise> d : discontinuous, interrupted e : disrupted by change f of a tulip flower : having an irregular, streaked, or blotched pattern especially from virus infection
a : made weak or infirm b : subdued completely : crushed, sorrowful <a broken heart> <a broken spirit> c : bankrupt d : reduced in rank
a : cut off : disconnected b : imperfectly spoken or written <broken English>
: not complete or full <a broken bale of hay>
: disunited by divorce, separation, or desertion of one parent <children from broken homes> <a broken family>
— bro·ken·ly adverb
— bro·ken·ness \-kə(n)-nəs\ noun
See broken defined for English-language learners »
See broken defined for kids »
Examples of BROKEN

1. The street was covered with broken glass.
2. <a broken vase that could not be repaired>

Origin of BROKEN
Middle English, from Old English brocen, from past participle of brecan to break
First Known Use: 13th century
Related to BROKEN
Synonyms: busted, fractured, fragmented, shattered, smashed
Antonyms: unbroken
Related Words: blasted, detonated, exploded; cracked, slivered, splintered, split; collapsed, imploded; demolished, destroyed, devastated, pulverized, ruinate, ruined, wrecked; damaged, defaced, disintegrated, dynamited, mangled, mutilated; eradicated, exterminated, extirpated, obliterated, wiped out; breakable, brittle, delicate, fragile, frail, frangible
Near Antonyms: fixed, healed, mended, patched, rebuilt, reconstructed, repaired; infrangible, unbreakable
see all synonyms and antonyms
[+]more[-]hide
Rhymes with BROKEN
oaken, spoken, token

Top Bottom