• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lord of Ostia, Hector!

Should he be in

• Yes

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 16.7%

• Total voters

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice

Who is Hector? Hector is one of the 3 main lords in Fire Emblem The Blazing Blade (called fire emblem in US) He is a heavily armored soldier who wields an axe with high power yet mediocre accuracy. His signature weapons are "Wolf Beil" which he always possesses and "Armads" a legendary weapon given to him by the arch sage Athos.

Play style in smash: Hector will be a heavyweight fighter, he will have long startup frames and somewhat above average recovery frames. His attacks will be powerful but hard to hit just like he was in his game. He will use his weapon Armads. Like many other heavyweights he will have mediocre recovery.

Moveset:
Jab combo: Hector will swing the axe with one hand to the right and then reverse and swing to the left. These 2 hits will be similar to Donkey Kong's jab. The first hit will deal 3% and the second will deal 4%. This will be a relatively quick attack.

Tilts:
Up tilt: Hector will swing his axe upwards from his right to his left like Donkey Kongs but covering a larger area and having longer recovery. Slams axe on ground at end for a sweet spot hit. Has a somewhat long recovery. Normal hit: 9% sweet spot 13%

Forward Tilt
Hector will quickly thrust his axe forward and then pull it back. Hitting on the way forward and back for about 10%

Down tilt: Hector first raises his axe up and then slams it down, making a shockwave in both directions the shockwave has minor range and knockback. The axe hit box has a fairly small range. Axe will deal 13% and shockwave will deal 8%

Smash Attacks!

Forward smash: Hectors attack animation as a normal lord. He comes back and then jumps forward slamming the ground. This will be about as powerful as bowsers forward smash and will take similar time to start up. Will deal 21% along the entire axe. ( if you want to know how it looks skip to 1:30 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9qQh1tShepo )

Down Smash: Slams axe down on both sides like down tilt but producing no shockwave. Knocks in whatever direction the attack is facing. Deals 18% on either side.

Up Smash: Shoves axe upwards, both of the blades are facing the side and the top of the axe above the handle is the highest point. Similar to Roy's up smash. 18%

Getup attack: Hector slams his axe upwards then pulls himself up with it. 9%

Dash Attack: Slams his axe to them nothing special here. 10%

Specials!?

Neutral special: Hector throws a hand axe forward which loops back around. Travels very quickly and has very few startup or recovery frames. 6% on each way

Side Special: Hector Dashes forward and slams enemies with his axe. Similar to Ike's side b. Can be charged and used for recovery. Deals 8-19% charged to uncharged.

Down Special: Hector slams down his axe directly in front of him (faces players) and makes shockwaves in both directions. Pretty laggy but packs a punch dealing 14% per shockwave. Axe has no hit box and it cannot be mashed like donkey kongs.

Up Special! (The move that inspired this) His recovery will be his Armads critical hit animation. He spins like a helicopter which can trap enemies and continue hitting them until the move ends. First hit 7% each hit after 4% can hit up to 5 times like donkey kongs. He would also have a grounded form which would be same but would also include the final hit shown in gif. Final hit deals 14% (the hit after he stops spinning)

Aerials (yay)

Neutral air: Spins axe in a complete rotation around body. Like charizard's but axe instead of tail. Deals 12%

Forward Air: The actual hit from the above gif. He slows his descent and raises up his axe then slams it down with a powerful meteor effect. Very similar to clouds. Deals 13%

Back air: Tosses his arm over his shoulder to hit opponents behind him. Similar to captain falcons and stays out for a decent time and deals additional damage if hit right when it's hit box starts. First hit: 16% after: 13%

Down air: Hector moves slightly to the side and body slams down, with all 500 pounds of his armor with him. Continues going down like corrins down air and has a high meteor effect. Very long landing lag. Deals 18%

Up air: Hector swings his axe in a small arc above him sending them upwards if hit above him and to the right if hit on his right and left if hit on left. Deals 16% and is his fastest aerial similar to Ike's back air.

Final Smash: Hector will first swing his axe upwards doing 6% and taking all enemies with him. He will go back to the GBA fire emblem graphics and attack all enemies at once with his Armads critical hit doing 35%

Or he could summon both Lyn And Eliwood. They would both run forward like chrom does in robins final smash. They would do a big combo and finish with all three of them slamming enemies back down to earth for a total of 38%

Well I think that's everything. Thanks for reading and any of these percentages could be changed I'm not sure how balanced they are. This is my first idea so cut me some slack :/

(meme the others are Lyn and eliwood)

P.S. I'd highly recommend playing fire emblem blazing blade. You can get a game boy advance emulator.

Last edited:
I vastly prefer Lyn, but would gladly take Mr. Axe Lord. Yeah mine got screwed in skill and speed but who cares when you have an axe and more armor than your average sherman tank?

D

Deleted member

Say what you will about how Fire Emblem is currently represented, but Hector would be cool. He has my support.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hector is the best man.

No, the best Axe Lord. Even though I prefer Ephraim.

Sign me up because he's a sexy beast with an overpowered axe.

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
I vastly prefer Lyn, but would gladly take Mr. Axe Lord. Yeah mine got screwed in skill and speed but who cares when you have an axe and more armor than your average sherman tank?
I also like Lyn more but I feel like she would be too similar to the other fire emblem characters. They are all fairly similar and I wanted hector because he would change the trend. I mean come on all sword users and one magic that is just stupid. Ephraim would also be cool :0

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Hector's just one of the best characters in the franchise.

REASONS TO SUPPORT HECTOR
AXE
MORE FIRE EMBLEM
PATRICK SEITZ
TANK ****ING EVERYTHING
AWESOME CHARACTER
You forgot:
He's mother****ing Hector.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It would be so amazing to have him, yet he doesn't even get the love he deserves from Intelligent Systems. :urg:

I want Hector, I want him badly. Fire Emblem 7 is one of my favorite games, and I've been playing it a lot lately. Just yesterday I finished Hector Mode even. Dude is cool as ****.

Yet, I doubt he'll ever come to be, because we already have Roy running around. :4feroy: He's pretty much the poster boy for Elibe in Smash (and for good reasons, cause Roy is actually a real cool Lord). And he's way past his prime. I guess miracles could always happen... But I honestly doubt it, unless we get a FE6 + FE7 remake.

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I doubt more than one fire emblem character will be added if any because most people dislike them and adding more to make them less of clones will just make people mad there are so many. I wish they would do more with some of the older games especially since blazing blade was the first American one.
It would be so amazing to have him, yet he doesn't even get the love he deserves from Intelligent Systems. :urg:

I want Hector, I want him badly. Fire Emblem 7 is one of my favorite games, and I've been playing it a lot lately. Just yesterday I finished Hector Mode even. Dude is cool as ****.

Yet, I doubt he'll ever come to be, because we already have Roy running around. :4feroy: He's pretty much the poster boy for Elibe in Smash (and for good reasons, cause Roy is actually a real cool Lord). And he's way past his prime. I guess miracles could always happen... But I honestly doubt it, unless we get a FE6 + FE7 remake.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
TIL that Hector won first place in the round 2 "choose your legends" poll for FE heroes.

If that's the case, honestly I can see Hector being in the top 5 likeliest additions for this next smash. If not, we could see him as an additional FE assist trophy. OR, if Lyn gets in we could see him in a similar situation to Chrom, but for Lyn.

(FYI the only other characters I consider being likelier than Hector are Lyn, Celica, and a new lord from the new FE. Maybe Alm as well. That's not too bad, didn't people think Robin was the 3rd most likely FE character last smash?)

Enchess

Smash Lord
With our luck, if we get a representative from Blazing Blade it'll be Eliwood as yet another Marth clone haha. I'd prefer Lyn, but Hector is pretty awesome, so I support this.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hector is the only ever official axe Lord. Of course he's gotta bd popular. Yes I also still want him, but no am not seeing it happening. Unless Smash hits the 100 character roster.

Lyndis4Smash

Smash Rookie
If Lyn doesn't get in, I'd gladly take my boy Hector. He's a straight badass, and the one who lead the way for other characters like Ephraim/Ike to follow in his footsteps.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Hector is such a fun character, it would be quite amusing to see him alongside, or rivaling, Ike as FE strongman. Plus, he doesn't use a sword which is what FE desperately needs.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Hector getting 1st in this years CYL could be the push he needed for Smash since he already got 3rd place in the last one. It's still pretty unlikely though, being so late in Smash 5's development cycle.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Hector is my most wanted Fire Emblem character to appear in Smash Bros
Sign me up :D

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
Hector is a character I want very much and his heavy weight, and his interesting axe hit boxes will be amazing if he is put in

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
Although I love your move set, I think you may be able to implement lightning into his move set

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, that's one thing I notice people tend to sleep on when it comes to Hector.

Armads is the Thunder Axe. Hector would basically be Smash's Thor. :p

Roberk

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's one thing I notice people tend to sleep on when it comes to Hector.

Armads is the Thunder Axe. Hector would basically be Smash's Thor. :p
I really hope CYL can have an influence on DLC, I won't be able to wait until Elibe Echoes for Hector to be relevant again. He's just too awesome to not have in Smash.

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
I really hope CYL can have an influence on DLC, I won't be able to wait until Elibe Echoes for Hector to be relevant again. He's just too awesome to not have in Smash.
I completely agree, Hector is AMAZING and his axe and design and personality are all great

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
Do you guys think Armads should have its original design (it is gray) or its new one (it is gold)

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
Will they each have their own colors like Little Mac and Hologram Mac
I also wonder if they will have the Armads that appeared in FEH or in Awakening

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I still need to complete Blazing Blade, but I’m most definitely on the Lyn squad...Hector (knowing nothing about him yet), would be just as good an an alternative as Celica and Anna

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
Maybe, they could also give hector alts so he looked like he does in FE6, old

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
But if we give him an old and young version with two axes we get into a lot of alts

Xigger

Smash Lord
I feel like this thread could use a huge revival due to the success of Fire Emblem Heroes. Hector is one of the major characters in FEH, in both special events and special banners, and is one of the main protagonists from Blazing Blade, just like Lucina is in Awakening.

rupan

Smash Cadet
I like axes, put Hector in the game already!
(In my opinion there are already plenty of sword characters in the smash roster so an axe character would be really nice)

Last edited:

hermes

Smash Apprentice
He was my sex symbol in the chilhood and a fun badass character but its very unlikely to have hector. Roy represents elibe games..

Btw is sakurai addicted to swords? We have a mage and a dragon sword users.. so hector as an axe/sword user? ^^

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hector definitely feels like a fan-servicey newcomer, who would add something by adding a super heavy weight to the roster. Ike seems a little faster than usual this time, and Hector could be just as powerful but a little more heavy. He first had to be reasonably popular on the ballot however, and am not sure if that's the case honestly.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm always for some axe users but I think it would be cool if they made Ike's father Greil a skin swap.

hermes

Smash Apprentice
Ahhhh greil is dreamdaddy <3 <3 <3 no chance to come though

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
1st step legendary hero in feh
2nd step legendary smash character

Top Bottom