• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lord of Calamity: Velvet Crowe for Smash

7NATOR

Smash Master
In Regards to Tales of Berseria

To go along with Sharklord's theory about Tales of Character being delayed, for one of the reasons being to see if Velvet was an option, I hear that Berseria is a good number of people's First Tales of Game, which I think is a good thing. People that may not be familiar with Lloyd or Yuri would be with Velvet

I do think that Tales of Berseria not being on Switch currently is a Disadvantage that Velvet has, in comparison to Yuri who's game is the only Tales of Game on Switch, however with this being the anniversary, it's not too late to change this, and of course, like with Joker, Velvet could still get in, since she could ride of Tales of History with Nintendo

zferolie

Smash Hero
was Tales of Fest already, or soon? hopefully we hear about the new tales of game... I still really need to finish Beseria... but its been so long i wonder if i should just countinue where I was or start over... i was more then halfway i beleive

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So I'm actually seeing some Velvet discussion in other threads. A lot of people think a Tales rep is coming. Does anyone else think she might have a shot? If nothing else just because we already have 2 sword fighters in the pass, maybe Sakurai wants to add a Tales character that's not a swordy.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Well might as well revive as the Tales wars are back on again. Velvet has quite an uphill battle against Lloyd and Yuri, both of them have a good amount of merits why they could be the Tales rep, but I am still hoping that somehow Velvet can pull it off.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Well might as well revive as the Tales wars are back on again. Velvet has quite an uphill battle against Lloyd and Yuri, both of them have a good amount of merits why they could be the Tales rep, but I am still hoping that somehow Velvet can pull it off.
I agree, let’s see what kind of route they want to take with the Tales rep, we have a lot of sword users but none of them would be interesting as her.

There is a lot going for Velvet as well even more than Lloyd if you ask me, she has her daemon arm mechanic, she is a Female, and in exception of her controversial design she is total badass. :3

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I actually think she might have a better shot than people think. With Sakurai's comment about a character being fun to play being more important than being well known, I think Velvet makes the most sense since she has a lot more interesting stuff to work with.

Kiefster

Smash Rookie
Greetings Tales fan and Smash Players alike,
I've been watching this board for quite sometime and finally decided to make an account. I took notice on how you guys support the possibility of wanting Velvet Crowe to join Smash. In anticipation of this, I made a discord server just for us to band together to support this movement. If you indeed feel incline, please join this server: https://discord.gg/PYncTehBJu
In addition to this I have covered my own opinions on Velvet herself, which also features me talking about Reimu here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOGqulC2Hmc.

So with all this in mind, it is an absolute pleasure to meet you all! I want nothing more than want not only Velvet to join Smash, but I want an Eleanor spirit as well. (She's my tales waifu) That is all for now! Let's keep the movement going!

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Velvet Crowe from (“Tales of Berseria”) via Bandai Namco probably coming summer 2022 in Fighter's pass 3

1 ( “Tales of” ) is a huge franchise in Japan and has not gotten much Switch representation yet as of July 2021.

2 Bandai Namco helped develop SSBU

( 3 Tales of Games will be announced for Nintendo Switch Summer 2022 )

4 A purloined name to be read off by the announcer; would be Velvet.
4.1 similar to how Xander Mobus did not know ( Cloud from FF7 ) would be in SSB4 https://twitter.com/XanderMobusVO/status/664984767591411712

5 She would also have unique gameplay mechanics.

6 Tales of Berseria would be a smooth ( development wise ) port to Switch. Originally PS3

7 ( Tales of Berseria released 2016 ) ( Tales of Zestiria released 2015 ) ( Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 released 2011 & 2012 )

Reasons for believing in a fighters Pass 3​

1 As long as there’s an opportunity to make more fighters, Sakurai said he wants to push the record further. 11th Sep 2019

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sakurai-no-way-future-smash-bros-games-will-have-as-many-fighters-as-ultimate/

2 Sakurai has a history of going back on his words for the fans. ( I.E. going back on no more after fighter’s pass 2 )

2 SSBU DLC seem to be going the same direction as SSB4. ( I.E. Sakurai going back on no more after fighter’s pass 2 )
http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-no-premium-smash-bros-dlc-currently-planned-more/ this article is from 2014

3 Nintendo is trying to grow an official Smash Ultimate competitive scene and therefore likely their client base

3.1 Nintendo announced a partnership with PlayVS to bring ( SSBU / Splatoon 2 ) e-sports leagues to 3,000 High schools
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2021/nintendo-partners-with-playvs-to-bring-competitive-fun-to-high-school-varsity-athletics/

3.2 Nintendo will most likely in 2022 announce another partnership with PlayVS to bring SSBU e-sports leagues to Colleges
https://www.ginx.tv/en/smash-ultimate/nintendo-forces-playvs-to-drop-smash-ultimate-collegiate-league

3.3 Super Smash Bros Ultimate frequently draws high volumes of students and is the National Esports Association’s recommended event for gauging student interest in collegiate e-sports. https://www.nea.gg/collegiate-smash-series

4 How many DLC characters was really a decision up to ( Shuntaro Fuwakara Nintendo President as of 2018 ) and the other companies who agreed to give the licensing of their characters to ( Nintendo and Masahiro Sakurai. )
4.1 Sakurai only gets first right of refusal so, only a Nintendo ( CEO / President / other high level ) can rule out a fighter’s pass 3.

5 Nintendo is trying to redo their ( best year 2017 ) in 2022. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7ffpzyd2JM&t=648s

Last edited:

Kiefster

Smash Rookie
Btw good sir, feel free to join the discord above to join the cause. Although I wish I can agree with the possibility of a pass 3, fact remains that the chances would be pretty steep since the next figher would indeed be the last one. Unless one would imagine the next fighter is indeed Velvet, given that patterns of miis we had in the recent fighter, Kazuya. So maybe the pattern of Lloyd as the mii costume would mean she is the true Tales rep and not him. Maybe Sakurai would go back on his word, but another thing to consider is eventually Sakurai may step down.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hmm, I really should finish this game... though i can't even remember where I was in it... I know i was decently far?

zferolie

Smash Hero
My collectors eddition still hasn't mailed, and they said it may be delayed... how can I play the game then? :( Anyone else having this issue?

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Question; why does Milla Maxwell have very little support when contrasted with Velvet Crowe?

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Milla Maxwell is a co protagonist of her game while Velvet Crowe is the main protagonist. Also Berseria is just a newer game so its more fresher in the fanbase's mind.
Makes sense. Thanks. I just happen to enjoy the title Lord of Spirits over Lord of Calamity.

although i do think Velvet would probably get a more interesting move-set

Kiefster

Smash Rookie
I still think the possibility is pretty plausible. The one obstacle that was in Velvet's way has been reduced to mii costume. I still believe because Bamco helped co-produce Ultimate it would at least guarantee her a spot. Having said that, nothing is stopping Yuri Lowell or another Tales character from probably taking the spot. The last thing I want to think of is for the next Smash game, say more than a few years from now. If Tales gets a rep by then should Alphen be considered? By then I'd probably give Lloyd the base roster. Just an idea.

Kiefster

Smash Rookie
Well it was a pipe dream but I suppose Tales rep should be for sure in the next game. Congratulations for Sora for making the cut!

Top Bottom