• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Long Island Smash Thread: Billy Joel and Wings Over

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I am new to this forum, you seem to have the sentiment I am looking for. I moved here two years ago, and haven't played brawl since. I used to be really good and won some 'amateur' tourneys, probably not like the competitive scene here but still. I'd be very interested in playing some brawl, I am in Flushing. thennekmay@gmail.com ---please, I miss it so much.
Wow it's been forever since I have seen this thread active, but you can find Vinnie and I on FB my name is Brian Schmeling. Add me on there and use the NY/NJ smashbros thread there cause the thread in here has been dead forever.

K MAY

Smash Rookie
Wow it's been forever since I have seen this thread active, but you can find Vinnie and I on FB my name is Brian Schmeling. Add me on there and use the NY/NJ smashbros thread there cause the thread in here has been dead forever.

There are quite a few facebookers with the name 'Brian Schmeling' Add "Thennek KMay Yamire" that's me.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
any of you guys still around to play? im in the 516 area, around garden city / new hyde park

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
So if I end up going to Stony Brook in Fall 2014, what does the Smash scene look like? I hear there was a pretty bangin tournament recently.

skitts

Smash Rookie
whats up guys , had a erg to get back into melee again , only problem is i need a game cub controller !! where can i buy one? looking to buy it new =)

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
whats up guys , had a erg to get back into melee again , only problem is i need a game cub controller !! where can i buy one? looking to buy it new =)
Look on the amazon smash store. You can get the new white ones for ~40 I believe. Or you can get a used for 15-20.

Comatose

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm gonna be attending SBU in the fall. Any smashers there wanna get together and play a bit this summer? (Assuming you won't be back home outside of LI)

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Brawl is rather alive on LI and is being played regularly in Nassau and Suffolk, please make sure to reach out to myself to get in on this!!

Also weeklies at Empire gaming in farmingdale are in full effect/had a great turnout last week.

Make sure to stop by for Brawl, Melee, OR PM! Brackets run every Thursday night!

AceMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KnowledgeMan
Hey, I'm on Long Island in Stony Brook looking for a challenge, I beat all my friends and people who are nearby and my biggest rival is leaving for Canada, I destroy people around where I live, I'm looking for a challenge, I have beaten some of the hardest games of all time (Battletoads, Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, TMNT, etc.) I live in Stony Brook, contact me on this site if you wish to fight my melee main is:foxmelee: my secondary is:marthmelee: though I can play almost any character in the game, my brawl main is:pikachu2: my secondaries are:metaknight::falco: and just like melee I can play almost any character, people call me "The Prodigy", if you're nearby please challenge me.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm on Long Island in Stony Brook looking for a challenge, I beat all my friends and people who are nearby and my biggest rival is leaving for Canada, I destroy people around where I live, I'm looking for a challenge, I have beaten some of the hardest games of all time (Battletoads, Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, TMNT, etc.) I live in Stony Brook, contact me on this site if you wish to fight my melee main is:foxmelee: my secondary is:marthmelee: though I can play almost any character in the game, my brawl main is:pikachu2: my secondaries are:metaknight::falco: and just like melee I can play almost any character, people call me "The Prodigy", if you're nearby please challenge me.
Are you just in Stony Brook or are you going to school there? A lot of people play at Stony Brook university. There's weekly tourneys on LI at Empire, as well as some out in Suffolk County.

Phresh123

Smash Apprentice
I live in Brooklyn, NY and was looking to get into anything BRAWL related.

I have a car so i'll basically travel anywhere thats somewhat close by. Been trying to play people for the longest in brawl although i know it's dying out!

Let me know i'm always down to play.

AceMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KnowledgeMan
Are you just in Stony Brook or are you going to school there? A lot of people play at Stony Brook university. There's weekly tourneys on LI at Empire, as well as some out in Suffolk County.
Really? I was unaware, I live in Stony Brook, thanks for the information, is there a special thread for LI tournaments? Also plz inform me when u hear of one if there is no special thread.

Last edited:

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Really? I was unaware, I live in Stony Brook, thanks for the information, is there a special thread for LI tournaments? Also plz inform me when u hear of one if there is no special thread.
Most of the info is on the LI melee facebook group =/. I know you were saying you didn't have one

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Its all one FB at this point my friend as this thread hadn't been used for some time and on FB we just have a group for smashing at empire. They also have a group for the SBU players and I had tended to frequent the SBU area for brawl!!!

I live in Brooklyn, NY and was looking to get into anything BRAWL related.

I have a car so i'll basically travel anywhere thats somewhat close by. Been trying to play people for the longest in brawl although i know it's dying out!

Let me know i'm always down to play.
If you have FB you should add some of the LI brawl players and some of the queens brawl players. As of right now LI is the most active community out of the LI/NY. If you are ever looking to play with some people you can usually find Will/Vinnie/theDul0r/myself/raptor at the LI weeklies head in farmingdale on Thursday! You should stop by.

Phresh123

Smash Apprentice
Its all one FB at this point my friend as this thread hadn't been used for some time and on FB we just have a group for smashing at empire. They also have a group for the SBU players and I had tended to frequent the SBU area for brawl!!!

If you have FB you should add some of the LI brawl players and some of the queens brawl players. As of right now LI is the most active community out of the LI/NY. If you are ever looking to play with some people you can usually find Will/Vinnie/theDul0r/myself/raptor at the LI weeklies head in farmingdale on Thursday! You should stop by.

I would love to stop by!

Is there a link to the event?

Also is there a fb group with nyc smash players? I'd love to connect with you all.

Top Bottom