• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Update: Ashley was unfortunately disconfirmed as an Assist Trophy in the Nintendo Direct on 8.8.2018.

An Introduction
Ashley is a character who has appeared in the WarioWare series since WarioWare Touched!, which was released in 2004. A witch who lives in Diamond City's Haunted Mansion, she has a sidekick named Red.

Since her first appearance, Ashley has become quite prominent in Nintendo's advertising, appearing in various promotional material, such as 3DS themes and the Nintendo Badge Arcade and being an Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. 4.

Why Ashley?
Ashley has been something of a breakout character (to borrow a TV Tropes term) among the WarioWare cast. Despite not being a part of the original GBA WarioWare crew, she has eclipsed all of them, except perhaps Wario himself. Nintendo clearly seems intent on pushing her, judging by her several appearances.

A 3DS Ashley Theme

The WarioWare series is a long running series now, being over a decade and a half old, and could certainly do with another character representing it. *cough*It could also free up Wario to represent Wario Land better*cough*

Movesets!
When is a support thread complete without a moveset? Enjoy a few of them. And you are encouraged to contribute too!
ASHLEY MOVESET:
Ashley’s main focus is based around being able to mount or dismount her Broom. While on the broom she has much more mobility but somewhat limited attack options. She is a Status Afflicting Hit-and-Run character. Her broom gives her the mobility to move around and avoid foes quite easily, also making her tricky to KO. And her diverse range of spells and curses lets her drop her foes’ attack, defense and speed making them easier for her to kill. She lacks many powerful killing moves, and is very lightweight and frail, but makes up or it with her superior range and mobility, boasting the best recovery move in the game. Her general strategy focuses around debilitating her foes with Spells, Hexes and Curses, while racking up damage to earn kills with some of her ranged attacks.

The moves:

Specials:

B- Switch Spell: Ashley will cycle and through a series of different spells available to her:

-Attack Dropping Spell: Lowers enemy attack and knockback for a limited time, around 10-15 seconds. Can be stacked up to three times. It is colored Deep Red and is shaped like a bolt of Lightining, it fires forward and homes in on opponents. Has decent range and comes out rather fast, the recovery frames are to be watched out for though.

-Defense Dropping Spell: Lowers enemy defense making them more susceptible to Ashley’s weaker moves for a limited time (around 30 seconds). It is Ashley’s primary form of earning KO’s as KOing a foe without dropped defenses will be difficult for her. Can be stacked thrice. This move comes out a little slower than the attack dropping curse, it is also of shorter range. It’s shaped like a Violet Gust of wind , but the duration is also longer.

Speed Dropping Curse: Creates a white flash of short range that makes the opponent move in slow motion. Not stackable, only lasts 2 seconds, can’t be used continuously.

Hellish Curse: One of Ashley’s primary killing techniques. She deals 25% damage to herself to do a powerful close range attack that does massive damage. She will curse her foe, and 10 seconds after, they will be struck by Bad Luck causing them to take a lot of damage and possibly earning a kill. The move is a gamble, like G&W techs, as the damage will vary on what happens to the foe, however, it can pay off and be quite satisfying if used correctly.

Side B- Cast Spell: Ashley will cast whatever spell she has, the effects and properties of the attack depends on the spell. Can also be used in Mid-Air and on the Broom.

Up B- Broom: Ashley transforms Red into a Broom and mounts it to fly around on it. The control is unlimited, you can fly in any direction you want for a limited time. The amount of duration depends on how much magic you’ve charged. Over time, magic will charge, which will allow you to use the Broom. The longer you wait without using the Broom, the more it will charge. While on the Broom you can still use your special attacks, and Ashley will have a few different Normal attacks.

-Pressing Up A while on the Broom will make Ashley do a loop while on the Broom. Using this move exhausts more magic. It’s a great move for avoiding attacks, and it does decent knockback on impact.
-A will make Ashley summon a sprite which will attack automatically. The damage done by this is very minor, but it does good stun, the sprite will stay active until Magic runs out. Using the Sprite will wear out more magic than usual.
-Forward A will make Ashley do a multi-hitting spin. This consumes a bit of Magic on use.
-Down A will make Ashley do a quick break. Uses a bit of Magic on use.
Up B again will make Ashley dismount the Broom.

Down B- Hex Zone: Ashley, casts an AOF attack on a zone where all foes who enter it are harmed by evil spirits. It can be used in Mid-air and on the ground. There is no knockback from this move, but damage is consistent. Ashley can only cast one of these at a time. And the start up time on it is relatively long, so it’s best used when there is a decent opportunity.

Neutrals (on ground):
Neutral A- A simple lightning spell that drains energy and stuns foes while used. Can be held down for continuous damage, however the stun effect wears off rather quickly, it also has a slow start. Using this move allows Ashley to charge magic for her broom much more quickly as it drains it form her foes. It has medium range, just far enough to stay safe from foes. But close enough to make comebacks a threat on a wiff. Homes in on foes at closer ranges. Think SIth Lightning.
Side A- Commands Red to attack, Red will dash at her his foe and tackle them. Not much delay, but the attack lasts long enough to allow Ashley to string moves while it takes place. A very good combo starter.
Up A- Ashley twirls around hitting her foes with her twintails. Very quick start, and a great follow up, not much range though. Hits 3-5 times and has very few recovery frames.
Down A- Gravity Rune, Ashley places down a Gravity Rune which slows down foes and makes them heavier.
Dash A- Ashley stumbles after running. She hits her opponent with Mr. Bunny while trying to regain balance.
Side Smash- Ashley Smacks her foe with Mr. Bunny. Has surprising range, and can make a good poke uncharged, and is considerably powerful at full charge.
Down Smash- A more powerful version of her NA. At full charge it releases a mean bolt than can KO with the hexes and at high damages. Only fires directly in front of her, but it has better range than her NA. The longer the charge the better the range as well. Has more knockback at closer ranges.
Up Smash- She holds up her magic wand and casts a blast above her head. It’s quick enough to be good AA, but it’s not too powerful without charge. However, at full charge she hair whitens and her eyes turn red, releasing a decently powerful blast that can KO. The hitbox is radial meaning that opponents will be sent flying in the direction of the angle that they were hit from.

Aerials:
Nair- Ashley twirls in mid-air. The prime hitbox is at her feet for this move. It’s a meteor Smash. However, it’s a tricky one as she gains a bit of air when using this move. This is especially hindering considering Ashley’s slow falling speed.
Uair- Ashley turns Red into an umbrella. The impact is at the opening of the umbrella. You can hold A to maintain the umbrella open and have Ashley descend slowly. Similar to Peach’s parasol, however, Ashley doesn’t have the added benefit of her horizontal mobility, her can slightly move left or right, but only a bit. Likewise foes can be hurt while the parasol is open, but the hitbox is only at the side, and it’s of minimal stun, meaning heavy foes bypass it completely.
Fair- Ashley whacks foes with Mr. Bunny. It’s a quick swipe and a great Short Hop follow up to her Side A. In fact a basic Ashley combo goes like: SideA>SH>Fair>UpA>Down Smash>NeutA
Bair- Ashley turns Red into her wand and whacks foes with it doing two spins. It’s a simple combo buffer, does decent damage, but not much knockback.
Dair- Ashley turns Red into her Wand and stabs down with the hilt. Has a slight bounce of hit allowing for multi-hits for those with quick fingers.

Final Smash:
You are TOAST: Her hair turns white and her eyes red while she casts a powerful spell that turns all foes into pieces of buttered toast for around 10 seconds making them easier to KO. However, being the clutz she is, it is possible for Ashley to screw up, turning herself into Toast for 10 seconds.
Ashley is a user of dark magic and uses her staff in many of her attacks.

AA: Hits with her staff vertically, then pokes it forward.

Forward tilt: Releases dark magic from her staff.
Up tilt: Swipes her staff over her head. Darkness effect.
Down tilt: Swipes her staff along the ground in front of her. Can cause tripping.

Up Smash: Thrusts her staff upwards (1st hitbox), which releases a blast ofdarkness (2nd hitbox).
Forward Smash: Swings her staff like Peach's f-smash.
Down Smash: Spins around while holding Red who sticks out trident.

Neutral Aerial: Spins around with her hands spread out. Her hair form another hitbox.
Forward Aerial: Sticks out Red in front of her who attacks with his trident. Slow, but has a large range.
Down Aerial: Sticks both her feet downwards.
Back Aerial: Hits with the base of her staff. Weak disjointed attack.
Up Aerial: Spins her staff horizontally (like Pit's u-air). The top of the staff causes more damage than the base.

Up B: Her staff turns into a broom and she rises into the air and glides. When it ends, sends her into free fall.
Neutral B: Release a blob of darkness from her staff. Chargeable.
Side B: Throws Red in front of her (like DDD throws a Waddle dee). If Red hits an opponents, press Z and Ashley teleports near the opponent and grabs him. Can also be used similar to a tether recovery.
Down B: Summons a giant Venus Fly-trap in front of her. Her best killing move.

Final Smash - The Meanest Potion
Although really unimaginative, I found this one more in-character than other ideas coming to my mind. Basically, it's the Cook Kirby FS under a different coat of paint. However, Ashley's Final Smash needs button mashing to be successful, as a nod to WarioWare microgames.

List of supporters
A big thanks to Ashuree Ashuree for compiling the list!
8-peacock-8
009deca
actualgarbage
aemehr
angrysun88
anop
anto_oberlin
anubace
arkaizer
ashuree
auscher
aussie the naturist
austarusiv
banjodorf
bestmand902
bksbestbwoy
bornwinner
burigu
calane
camc10
captain shades
caravan of noobs
cardiganboy
catraccoonbl
cheryl~
chocolatgelgato
citruspark
cj.
crap-zapper
crushermania1592
culumon
cybersai
daemondd
darkfalcon
darkfoxteam
decahibiki
deisakuchris
deltasceptile
demonfunds
dezeray112
dilliciouz
dogtooth
domino11332
donkafjord
dr. jojo phantasma
drawcia
drs. falkoopa
dutchpichu
earltamm
echoaegis
ed-boy
erenjager
ericthegamerman
erotic&heretic
the eternal penguin
euler23
famicomdisk
farquadmoses
fisher
flynn__
fooltheflames
freshlybakedcookies
galacticpetey
geoffrey druyts
gerrothorax
gloop898
glowsquid
goodgrief741
gotta
greator
guybrush20x6
harukaamami
hat kid
hylianherobigboss
impa4smash
infinitezest
isaac: venus adept
iustinus tempus
jave
jazzy jinx
jeck
karafuru
kariocean
kenith
kirbeh
kirbyworshipper2465
klimax
kmdp
kool2419
kotor
kumashock
kyon9898
lancerjayden
leehzart
legendary spirit tamer
lichzim
lightdasher
limeth
lisbon mapping
lola luftnagle
lord-zero
lordvaati
louie g.
luminario
mainjpw
makai wars
marvel-otaku-man
mattx20
mediyogurt
meleebrawler
meleemario64
mouthofxenu
mr cotton
mrs.milky
mynameisblade
nap_
neyonel
nimbostratus
nintenplayer
nintenzilla *reboot*
noipoi
nonno umby
nootherpersona
ntdo89
obake
octorox
odnetninages
onua
opossum
oracle_summon
p.kat
papagenos
perfectchaos83
pik3rob
pizza robo
pokémurio
princess_ashley
pryze
pupnapoleon
randomace
ravampt
red dead redeemed
retrometalsonic
rileyxy1
royaru
russell_ssb
saiko18
samcrumpit
sari
sayaka11
scicky
segagameboy
shinylegendary
shotstundave
siddshidds
siggy88
skullkidking
slyshock
sman3579
smashmaster02
smashoperatingbuddy123
smash puffle
smilemasky
sneakylink
snipergabe
snorkel the dolphin
sonicmario
souldin
space detective
spinosaurus
spookysociopath
ssbbdaisy
ssbcandidates
staarih
stormc
strider_bond00j
supersceptile15
superyoshiom
tailstheassassin
takai
takasmash
tct~phantom
thatkidwiththeafro
thephantombrawler
thepsychowolf
thesoldier
thoughtfulwanderer
tjdmhem
toasterbrains
toilermoiler
tony duck
travix man
treebranch
true blue warrior
tumblrfamous
verysleepywolf
villagerx3
wegenbarth
whiteeaglepl
wiredrm
witdamon
wungsten
xenothiumx
xhampi
xman321
xpnc
yellow-spottedblackmagick
yellowlord
yepperspeppers
zabadoo
zoljinx_
zturtle
「hinata」

Support Ashley today~!

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
THERE SHE IS! THERE'S MY WITCH QUEEN!
She has such potential and such popularity. Magic is truly neglected in smash and so far we don't have something akin to a debuffing character. I really feel she'd add something unique to the game that so few other characters can do.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
All right, now this is what's up! I fervently support this. Now, the Mii costume based on her was a damn good purchase I made, but I'd love nothing more than the little lady to join the fray and kick some...well, you know.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Support. Perhaps she'll follow in Mac's footsteps and get promoted at some point. I don't really see Wario getting another rep for the time being, but she seems like the most likely candidate. Like I said in the Mona thread though, I'd happily take either of them.

(Or Syrup. Wario Land is criminally underrepresented. Wario's wacky Wario Ware incarnation fits him well, and I wouldn't change it, but at least give us a stage or something. Some more music? I'll even take Smash Run enemies or whatever, if that mode or something similar makes a return.)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Still mad that the best remix of her theme is Japan-only. Instead, we get the subpar Brawl remix.

Still support.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Still mad that the best remix of her theme is Japan-only. Instead, we get the subpar Brawl remix.

Still support.
Funny, I liked the Brawl Remix of her theme more.

It was what got me to support Ashley in the first place. The English song kind of blew my young mind. :laugh:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Sure, I'll support.

Out of all the WarioWare characters, she's the one advertised the most. The Nintendo Badge Arcade in particular has been showing her a lot of love.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo loves Ashley. Have you seen the badge arcade? There is a ludicrous amount of Ashley (and Nikki) badges:

Normal Ashley, Halloween Ashley (in, like, a million different outfits), Christmas Ashley, Splatoon Ashley, Military Ashley, Legend of Zelda Ashley, Kimono Ashley, Ashley in some sort of old-timey-esque outfit thing I dunno, Pink Dress Ashley, IT NEVER ENDS!

Her popularity has already been acknowledged in Smash through the assist trophy and Mii outfit, so I believe it's only a matter of time before she becomes a full fledged character, and when that time comes, I'll be ready.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Nintendo loves Ashley. Have you seen the badge arcade? There is a ludicrous amount of Ashley (and Nikki) badges:

Normal Ashley, Halloween Ashley (in, like, a million different outfits), Christmas Ashley, Splatoon Ashley, Military Ashley, Legend of Zelda Ashley, Kimono Ashley, Ashley in some sort of old-timey-esque outfit thing I dunno, Pink Dress Ashley, IT NEVER ENDS!

Her popularity has already been acknowledged in Smash through the assist trophy and Mii outfit, so I believe it's only a matter of time before she becomes a full fledged character, and when that time comes, I'll be ready.
Wow, that's certainly a lot of Ashley alright. Never really bothered with the badge arcade, so I didn't know they were giving her that much attention with it. Maybe she really will ge the Mac treatment then.

Luminario

Smash Lord

Don't forget Isabelle too, her along with Ashley and Nikki make up the Badge Arcade idol trio.

I'd like Ashley's up B to function similarly to Braixen's broom in Pokken where you could use it to get in and out of fights with no freefall, allowing her to both continue combos with it or to get out and use projectiles at a safe distance in dangerous situations.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
she's getting a lot of love from the Badge Arcade, but I really hope it extends to something a bit more substantial.
How about as DLC for MK8D?
This please. In fact a whole pack dedicated to Wario, and another for DK would be great. It's all still part of the Mario unvierse so it should be fair game right? Though sadly that'll likely never happen and instead we'll get something like Cat Mario and Metal Luigi.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Defo. She would be awesome and a great Wario character. More witches are always welcomed by me.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Defo. She would be awesome and a great Wario character. More witches are always welcomed by me.
Well, you aren't named WitchKing for nothing. :p

Also, Lana/Cia too plz

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
This please. In fact a whole pack dedicated to Wario, and another for DK would be great. It's all still part of the Mario unvierse so it should be fair game right? Though sadly that'll likely never happen and instead we'll get something like Cat Mario and Metal Luigi.
Pink Gold Peach...

What's next...? Aqua Silver Rosalina? Emerald Green Luigi?

Back to Ashley, she'd certainly get even more popular thanks to Smash.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Ashley is great, only problem I can think of is her personality being different in regions, in Japan, she's a shutout who wants friends, but a ***** who hates everyone in the English versions iirc
When it comes down to it, they'd likely just go with her Japanese personality as they did with Wario. Either that or they'd continue doing what they've already been doing in the WarioWare series. Make her different between the Japanese and western versions. They could easily just give each version different lines/inflection, they have to record Japanese and English voice overs anyway.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Ashley is great, only problem I can think of is her personality being different in regions, in Japan, she's a shutout who wants friends, but a ***** who hates everyone in the English versions iirc
I think that depends on whether or not they'll put that much of her personality into the game like that. If they maintain her constant bored look then they can have a different personality in each region like what Kirbeh said. I'd like them to stick with her constantly bored personality for the English versions, I feel it'll be entertaining having Ashley's KO voice clip to be "oh no, not again" with barely any emotion just like how it sounds in her original theme song.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That's not really a problem. All they have to do is have her emotes and animations be a bit less specific and have her dialogue (which changes between versions) do the rest.

Not unlike, you know, how it is in the WarioWare games :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Given enough people hate Wario's silly gross Smash portrayal, imagine how they would react to a less hostile, lonely Ashley in Smash.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Ashley would be a nice inclusion. One i've wanted since Smash Wii U/3DS was first announced honestly.

Plus we need more magic users in the roster.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
ashley stars in her own April fools spinoff title too

I really think Ashley is a strong contender to make more appearances outside of WarioWare titles, and a playable form in Smash is something I think they would be interested in doing with her.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think Nintendo is slowly starting to realize Ashley's popularity exceeds her role as a supporting WarioWare character. Or at least respond accordingly.

Also fwiw I'd be into that game. Too bad it's fake. :/

Luminario

Smash Lord
Bringing this witch back from the dead as y'all are truly sleeping on her chances. Also cause I made a moveset.
Ashley clearly has the makings of a viable debuff mage character, capable of inflicting a variety of weaknesses onto opponents into order to hinder their stats and abilities. Being a mage, Ashley has a variety of ranged attacks, but is incredibly light due to being so small. As with all her appearances she doesn't have many voice lines.

Entrance: Ashley flies in on her broom, she gets off and the broom (who is actually Red) turns into her wand.
Idle: Ashley just stands there, looking pretty bored.

Jab: 2 swipes with the wand followed by a jab forward with the base forward.
Flurry: the skull spellbook appears in front of Ashley, opens, and starts wildly turning pages as an attack. Flurry finisher is the book closing abruptly. Keep in mind the spellbook is almost as tall as Ashley is herself.
Ftilt: Spin then downward swipe with the wand.
Utilt: Spins the wand skyward, knocking opponents above away. Good vertical range.
Dtilt: Upwards swipe with the wand. Very good combo starter.
Dash: Ashley magically spins the wand in front of her. Multihit. Think Mewtwo's dash attack with an item from Melee.

Fsmash: Ashley holds out her wand, and a vicious purple explosion appears just in front of her. Bit of a startup but very strong and her most reliable kill move.
Usmash: Ashley summons her skull spellbook above her and after a small startup the book shoots an orb of dark energy straight upwards. The orb reaches slightly less than Palutena's Usmash and gets weaker the further it travels.
Dsmash: Ashley grabs her wand with both hands and turns it as if she's mixing something in a cauldron, while a whirlpool of dark energy appears on the ground around her feet, sucking people in then blasting them out. Pretty similar to Peach's Dsmash.

Nair: Lets go of her wand in front, before it spins wildly and goes around Ashley once in a clockwise direction.
Fair: Ashley brings out a small vial of an unknown substance and throws it forwards in a slight arc. If this vial hits an opponent or the ground it creates a small explosion. Bit of a startup and can be reflected.
Bair: Ashley turns her wand back into Red and holds his hand as she turns around backwards. Red then swipes with his trident at those behind her. Good range but weak unless you get the trident sweetspot.
Uair: Ashley turns her wand into an umbrella and opens it above her for a second. This attack slightly halts her falling momentum. Quite a bit of endlag.
Dair: Grabbing the top of the wand, Ashley jabs the base downward fast.

Grab: Red turns back to imp form and tries to grab anyone in front.
Pummel: Red jabs the opponent with his trident.
Fthrow: Red wails on the opponent a few times before hitting them away.
Bthrow: Red turns into the broom, flying the opponent around Ashley before swatting them away behind her.
Uthrow: Red turns back into the wand and Ashley cast a spell rune on the ground below the opponent which shoots up a pillar of dark fire.
Dthrow: Red turns into the broom and whacks the opponent from above, shooting them up. Good combo throw.

B: Hex. Upon pressing B Ashley summons her spellbook and begins charging a curse. Pressing B while the book is out will let you cycle through the different curses available to you, shown by the colour the book is currently glowing and a symbol above it. It takes around 2 seconds to charge a curse and if you change to a different curse the charge time is reset and you'll have to wait another 2 seconds. When the curse is fully changed Ashley will stop charging and her wand will start to glow in the colour of the curse charged. Upon pressing B with a curse charged Ashley will cast a lightning bolt forward (around the range of Ness' PK Fire) and anyone hit will be affected by the current curse. Can be reflected and can't be stacked, so the new curse takes over the old one. There are 4 curses available:
Red: Attack Hex. Symbol is two swords crossing. Lowers how much % and knockback the opponent's attacks do.
Blue: Defence Hex. Symbol is a shield. Raises how much % and knockback opponent receives from attacks.
Green: Speed Hex. Symbol is a wing. Lowers land and air speed. Doesn't last as long as the other curses.
Yellow: Item Hex(Butterfingers). Symbol is a Present Box. Causes the opponent to immediately drop any item they pick up, including ones summoned in matches like Link's Bombs and Peach's Vegetables.
Side B: Sigil. Ashley shoots a projectile from her spellbook straight forwards. Without any Hex charge, this is simply a weak ball of dark energy, but with the Hex charge this attack does a variety of things depending on the colour of the charge. Uses up the Hex charge.
No charge: Weak ball of dark energy. Alright pestering tool similar to Lucas' PK Fire and travels slightly further than it but with more endlag.
Red charge: Powerful firey explosion with large blind spot near Ashley. Essentially Palutena's Explosive Flame with less size.
Blue charge: Shoots 3 fast icicles forwards, one after the other at different heights. Good range.
Green charge: Shoots a green ball quickly forward that then slows and stops before popping a second later and sending a windbox away from it. Opponents that touch the ball before it pops will make it pop immediately and take damage.
Yellow charge: Creates a rotating star in front for just a second that reflects. Hits through opponents shields like Palutena's Reflect but hits the opponent away further.
Up B: Broom Ride. Ashley turns the wand into a broom and flies it in a straight line in any direction chosen. Around the same range as Fox's Up B. quick with a slight hitbox on the broom.
Down B: Rose's Thorns. After quite a bit of startup, summons a miniature version of the rose monster plant from Smooth Moves in front of Ashley. This plant then stays still on the ground with only its head visible until an enemy comes into range and it chomps upwards like a Piranha Plant. Due to its head being so visible it's easy to take out with any attack. Mostly used to cover ledge options but other strategies can easily be worked in with using it. Only works on the ground.

Final Smash: Hocus Pocus. The dark cloud from her days as an Assist Trophy. Her version of Luigi's Negative Zone.

Taunt 1: Red turns back into imp form at her side and strikes a pose, as Ashley brings out her bunny and hugs it.
Taunt 2: Ashley turns away from the camera before turning her head slightly to face it as her eyes shine red for a second.
Taunt 3: Ashley turns her wand slowly as stars spin around her, just like in her Smooth Moves cutscene before she casts her spell.
I also had the silly idea of her reveal trailer being a magic show/judging competition where Mario, Wario and Peach are the judges. They go through a number of contestants (which include Lucas accidentally setting fire to Wario's hat and Palutena creating a blinding light show, which has Wario looking completely unnerved while wearing sunglasses) before getting to Ashley with her giant rose plant monster.

I really feel that Ashley could become to Wario what Diddy is to DK, as she could tag along into more Mario spin offs. While the more athletic Sports spin offs might not suit her she'd be great for Mario Kart as she adds another lightweight to the game, is popular, and has a personality no one else comes close to.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I could see her and Red teaming up, unleashing a barrage of attacks and sending them flying to the stratosphere. Similar to :4robinm:'s Pair Up, this. Now, I wouldn't know where to begin if Ashley and Red were to be played like :rosalina:.

I won't go over a huge list of moves, but I think I may have a passable idea for smash attacks.

• Side smash - Thrusts her wand out in front of her. Similar to :4robinm: but does darkness damage with less end lag.
  • Up smash - Raises her hand to the sky releasing a burst of darkness energy. Think :4lucas:'s but it recovers faster.
  • Down smash - Points her wand to the ground, releasing a burst of elemental energy. Like :4mewtwo:'s but the attack chooses between fire, electricity, freezing, darkness, or paralyze (rarest of the five). Good knockback with low lag afterwards.

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Nintendo better have plans for a new proper Wario Ware game (i also want Wario Land too), it has many great characters and Ashley is undoubtedly the most popular, so she has potential.
That said, i support!

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Right...I shall pick up where I left off on an appropriate movelist, and I'm going over standard moves for now...
  • Jab - Lowers her wand to hip level and thrusts it forward then she'll rapidly repeat this motion. Identical to :4palutena:'s but does darkness effects
  • Dash attack - Spins her magic staff in a similar fashion to :mewtwomelee: when it does dash attacks with a Star Rod
  • Side tilt - Spinning roundhouse kick
  • Up tilt - Headbutts in front of her, which is similar to :4pacman:
  • Down tilt - Uses her staff to swipe the ground in front of her similarly to :4robinm:
  • Neutral air - Twirls once with arms outstretched. Essentially :4ness:'s n-air, kids.
  • Forward air - Fires a small projectile of darkness from her wand. Long range but gets weaker the farther it goes. Low landing lag.
  • Back air - Same as f-air but Ashley will end up facing the opposite direction when the move is over
  • Up air - Points her wand above her and creates a burst of darkness. Knockback is right on par with :bowsermelee:'s u-air.
  • Down air - A one-footed stomp which always spikes airborne foes. Slow start-up/recovery but the landing lag is somewhat low.
  • Pummel - Uses the handle of her wand to bop the enemy. Same speed as :4tlink:'s pummel.
  • Forward throw - Bashes away the opponent with her hip, the same as :4peach:'s b-throw.
  • Back throw - Same as f-throw but they go flying right behind her.
  • Up throw - Tosses foe upward and fires a darkness projectile to launch them farther
  • Down throw - Animation on this one is similar to :4sheik:'s but has quite the KBG to make it a kill throw

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So why exactly is this Ashley's thread so vacant?
She's probably like top 3 in terms of AT's primed for promotion. We should be talking about her!

Also, she's awesome <3

Luminario

Smash Lord
She's probably like top 3 in terms of AT's primed for promotion. We should be talking about her!

Also, she's awesome <3
She doesn't really suit this site's demographic. People might think she's pretty likely but they might not be overly fond of her or have nothing interesting to say about her.
It's a shame, I'd really like to hear about how other people envision her moveset.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Popping in to say I support this. She'd be pretty rad as a pure witch/spellcaster archetype.

Also, she's awesome <3
I genuinely will never forget the outrage on Miiverse and the general internet when she got confirmed as an Assist Trophy last time. I wish if I had the collage of reactions handy still.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Old Ashley supporter since Pre-Brawl checking in! I think that this is actually Ashley's best chance of making it into the game, she was an assist trophy in the last game, and we have a new WarioWare game for the 3DS. We need the girl next door who lives in the haunted mansion!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Without question, Ashley's song being in Brawl was one of my biggest hypes.
...don't let yourself be fooled by her innocent demeanor...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
She doesn't really suit this site's demographic. People might think she's pretty likely but they might not be overly fond of her or have nothing interesting to say about her.
It's a shame, I'd really like to hear about how other people envision her moveset.
Ha, that's one way of putting it. They're rather talk about Donkey Kong villains that haven't appeared in a decade.
Ashley's moveset could be so much fun. At the very least, she could make use of Kirby's Brawl FS.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Another Wario character is a must. Can’t really choose between Ashley and Mona, both would work really well and have their own reasons for being in.

I don’t exactly see her as a spell caster type character though, I don’t think that’d fit the zaniness of WarioWare.

Calane

Smash Ace
Besides Takamaru, Ashley's pretty much the only other character I'm really hoping for. I don't know why, but I always thought it'd be cool if they gave her that weird Magikoopa spell as her neutral special. You know, the one with the colorful shapes? It could transform any projectile it touches into a random item or something.

I know it'd be pretty weird to reference a Mario enemy in the moveset for a WarioWare character, but I just think it fits somehow. Or not, I don't know.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Without question, Ashley's song being in Brawl was one of my biggest hypes.
...don't let yourself be fooled by her innocent demeanor...
It's still odd how a new remixed version of her theme is only in the Japanese version of Smash 4.

Top Bottom