• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I think I own you this one, a lot of you point out that I was missing some badges, well yep that was true, I didn't include this ones because I only wanted the ones designed by Ko Takeuchi. So here they are!

Also I want to design my own Ashley for Smash, but I would like to have your help! Here's all her official artwork in every game. Which one is your favorite or rather which parts of each design you like the most, in that way we can create the perfect one!

When the design is done we can even suggest some recolors or maybe even outfits!
Honestly, all I need is the Game & Wario design with red eyes.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I think I own you this one, a lot of you point out that I was missing some badges, well yep that was true, I didn't include this ones because I only wanted the ones designed by Ko Takeuchi. So here they are!

Also I want to design my own Ashley for Smash, but I would like to have your help! Here's all her official artwork in every game. Which one is your favorite or rather which parts of each design you like the most, in that way we can create the perfect one!

When the design is done we can even suggest some recolors or maybe even outfits!
I like the middle Ashley and the Ashley to the left of her most. They have the red eyes, stockings, hair, and proportions that I associate with Ashley. Anything but Gold's Ashley would be fine in Smash to me. I just feel like it strays to far from her original design. I think it's very likely her Smash design will be more detailed than what normal Ashley is, so her clothes could use a little more flair. The orange outline around her dress could be changed to something like Peach's. I think maybe a small design on her tiara (I think that's what it is) could work as well. Also, we can't forget about Red when designing a smash Ashley, although I don't expect much difference to him as his design is fairly consistent

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Poor Red lol. Never gets his design updated. Hardly anyone remember him, either.

I bet you it won't be like Rosalina and Luma. Ashley will be called "Ashley" and Red will get zero credit. :^(

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Poor Red lol. Never gets his design updated. Hardly anyone remember him, either.

I bet you it won't be like Rosalina and Luma. Ashley will be called "Ashley" and Red will get zero credit. :^(
Yeah poor red. He's more known for being a wand than himself :(. I'm pretty confident though that they will be named Ashley and Red if Red has any involvement outside of the wand, which he should. I could also see it being a Pikmin and Olimar situation where the other character(s) are taken out of the name in translation.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Red and his transformation abilities might be the key to Ashley getting in, honestly. It could be the extra push needed to inspire a moveset for Sakurai.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

He got a design update in Gold, though.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
He got a design update in Gold, though.
Oof I completely forgot about Gold. I feel like they'd still use the other versions of Red anyways. I think it's likely the new trident will be the one in smash though, as it's more detailed

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah poor red. He's more known for being a wand than himself :(. I'm pretty confident though that they will be named Ashley and Red if Red has any involvement outside of the wand, which he should. I could also see it being a Pikmin and Olimar situation where the other character(s) are taken out of the name in translation.
I'm guessing it's just Ashley and he only ever shows up as himself in taunts/victory.
Really, the only reason Rosalina & Luma stuck as a name is because you technically control Luma as a character.
(he also does most of the legwork in that duo but y know whatev)

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I'm guessing it's just Ashley and he only ever shows up as himself in taunts/victory.
Really, the only reason Rosalina & Luma stuck as a name is because you technically control Luma as a character.
(he also does most of the legwork in that duo but y know whatev)
Well, you're technically controlling Red too (I might be stretching it a little lol). Also, is there another character on the roster that uses another character in attacks that doesn't have the other character in their name? I feel like Red would be in her name even if he only ever appears in taunts, although I think he'll be a bigger part in her move set. Red is the wand after all, and I just don't see Sakurai completely ignoring him.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, what if Ashley becomes an Echo Fighter of Rosalina?
I mean she would become my new main and I would be estatic about her inclusion regardless. But I feel like they could totally make an original moveset, and I think that's a lot more likely than making her an echo fighter.

Also, is there another character on the roster that uses another character in attacks that doesn't have the other character in their name?
Olimar... At least in regions other than Japan. In Japan, they are called "Pikmin & Olimar". (Same with Alph.)

Last edited:

Lisbon Mapping

Smash Apprentice
I support! I just hope that if she does become playable, she won't be in the design her assist trophy has in Smash 4.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman

Could this be Ashley's song? I am not sure, I will need a bit of time to translate as it's very early in the morning. Maybe I'll ask for help this time. And this is here too from the website

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman

This Tweet has been confirmed today, Japanese Gaming source just announced a summer sale for Nintendo along with New 2DS LL packed with Mario Kart 7 and 2DS LL packed with Animal Crossing.

Will we see a direct this month?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Could this be Ashley's song? I am not sure, I will need a bit of time to translate as it's very early in the morning. Maybe I'll ask for help this time. And this is here too from the website

Damn, it’s completely rendered in 3D, and so far it seems like the only sub-game to be rendered in complete 3D.

You guys think this is how she could look in Smash?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Damn, it’s completely rendered in 3D, and so far it seems like the only sub-game to be rendered in complete 3D.

You guys think this is how she could look in Smash?
I think that she would be closer to Game & Wario personally, as the project was decided quite early. It would be a similar case to the Inklings actually, coming from Splatoon 1 despite the second game being released. This is also similar to the villagers in Smash 4, coming from the Wii despite ACNL being released (there's even a stage). Smash does have that habit of taking characters or at least appearances from the last generation. This doesn't applies to everything of course, but I can see Ashley being such a character.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Are you all gonna buy Warioware Gold? I'm will because I've grown quite fond of the Wario ware series as a whole since I started supporting Ashley and downloading the games on my phone.

Siggy88

Smash Apprentice
Yup, the game looks like tons of fun. Though I'm torn between it and the X Legacy Collection.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Are you all gonna buy Warioware Gold? I'm will because I've grown quite fond of the Wario ware series as a whole since I started supporting Ashley and downloading the games on my phone.
If I still had a 3DS, I totally would. Shame that it's not for Switch because it's looking like the best game in the series.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm actually saving some money for Octopath Traveler, so I will not buy WarioWare day one sadly. But the game seems really fun and packed with content, I also loved the french voice acting so far.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I've decided to break my vow of financially focusing on my Switch library just to buy this game, Day 1. It looks so fun, I just can't pass it up.

Obake

Smash Rookie
Has it been confirmed that Erica Lindbeck is voicing Ashley? I saw another name as the credited VA. I think her name was Christina Peyser or something.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Has it been confirmed that Erica Lindbeck is voicing Ashley? I saw another name as the credited VA. I think her name was Christina Peyser or something.
It hasn't been confirmed that it's Lindbeck She hasn't said anything on it either. It's just sounds a lot like her, and I'm confident that it's her.

Christina Peyser was Ashley's VA in every other game, and her voice in Gold just doesn't match her previous performances.

The Warioware Gold Demo is out in NA now, everyone. If you wanted to try out Warioware, now is the perfect time to start.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Ashley makes front page instead of Wario!
Are you serious? Instead of Wario. WARIO! the guy the series is named after they put Ashley on the cover?
If that's not a testament to her popularity I don't know what is.

The Game and Wario design is probably my favorite, if you gave it red eyes it'd be perfect.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Are you serious? Instead of Wario. WARIO! the guy the series is named after they put Ashley on the cover?
If that's not a testament to her popularity I don't know what is.

The Game and Wario design is probably my favorite, if you gave it red eyes it'd be perfect.
I kinda like the longer twintails and more flared skirt. Now I know why Smash 4's trophy looked a bit off to me- because G&W made some proportion tweaks.

Ashley's the only one to get two portraits (as far as I know.)
I mean even Red gets one so she has 3 different ones related to her whereas they usually shared the same art/Red is the wand.

It is getting kinda ridiculous how hard they are pushing Ashley- Kinda feel bad for Mona and 9-Volt fans.

edit- Also I love Mona's design in Gold. Plus Summoning Ashley and Master Mantis aren't doing the poses that everyone else is doing.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Ashley's the only one to get two portraits (as far as I know.)
Oh it would be sick if we got an Ashley Girl stage like how we get a Wario Man stage at the end of every Warioware. Ashley being one of the first hosts in Gold kinda sets her up to have pretty basic games, sadly. At this point, she's pretty deserving of having two stages.

Not saying this indicates that, just that I want it.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
It doesn't surprise me that Ashley's getting this kind of attention, but it's exciting, nonetheless.

There is no doubt in my mind that Ashley has the star power and recognizability to make it as a playable character in Smash. It's just a matter of whether Sakurai wants to play along or not.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Is it okay that I used to really ship Ashley and Young Criket.

I had that as a head canon for awhile dunno why.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I kinda like the longer twintails and more flared skirt. Now I know why Smash 4's trophy looked a bit off to me- because G&W made some proportion tweaks.

I mean even Red gets one so she has 3 different ones related to her whereas they usually shared the same art/Red is the wand.

It is getting kinda ridiculous how hard they are pushing Ashley- Kinda feel bad for Mona and 9-Volt fans.

edit- Also I love Mona's design in Gold. Plus Summoning Ashley and Master Mantis aren't doing the poses that everyone else is doing.
Why feel bad for 9-Volt when he has both his friend 18-Volt and now even his mother 5-Volt joining him in his Nintendo representation?

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace

So this is the power of Ashley Instinct...
oofy this means Ashley is gonna be op

also idk if anyone has thought about it but I feel like you know a character is about to be in smash when theyre shown off in sales or being promoted alot
(don't mind me this is just me using my tinfoil hat to keep faith that Ashley or zero will be in smash oofy)

Top Bottom