• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

Fan art I found on Twitter.
"I can dream"?! I can actually see this happening, though. Right there in a trailer, Sakurai would appear and it'd be hilarious: him offering an invitation and Ashley would probably just say "whatever", then her transition into the Smash style and tagline would immediately pop up.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Since the topic of Ashley talking in Ultimate is prevalent do you guys think she should have a codex along with Red about the other characters?

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Since the topic of Ashley talking in Ultimate is prevalent, do you guys think she should have a codex along with Red about the other characters?
She should but she most likely wouldn't. I don't even know if we'd get codecs that aren't Snake's and Palutena's if they are getting new conversations for different characters. Ashley and red talking about characters like bayonetta would be so great though.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Since the topic of Ashley talking in Ultimate is prevalent, do you guys think she should have a codex along with Red about the other characters?
While I think we would all love that, it ain't gonna happen. In all likelihood both the Pit and Snake codecs are coming back, probably with all the codecs updated due to how things have changed and that generally seeming like something Sakurai would do. Also, both of the codecs have something to do with the character's original game, like Snake's codec calls in game and Kid Icaruses constant godly face time chat room(That is what I like to call it). Ashley does not have anything like that. I could see Ashley possibly butting in on Palutena's guidance though, as that seem's like something she could and would do.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Imagining Viridi and Ashley getting into it during Ashley's Palutena guidance and i'm freaking out.
Just two snarky, furious, egotistical children yelling at each other.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys don't give up hope, Ray Chase also said he wasn't contacted for Roy either, I wouldn't be too worried about the whole situation since voice acting is usually handled late and under NDAs, I just had to look into the whole thing a bit more.

Fan art I found on Twitter.
This artwork is perfect, I honestly love how it represents our little witch!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
you ready for some special moves? for some *quality* drawings?
Here we go

My specials are based around the idea of Ashley as a debuff character.
This move is similar to Villager's Tree in that it has multiple stages.

Step 1: Ashley looks through a tome and finds a potion to create. The potion chosen is random but a thought bubble appears above Ashley's head to indicate which one she chooses.

Step 2: Ashley takes out a cauldron and mixes in the ingredients for the potion. It takes about three seconds to complete, but mashing B will make Ashley work faster (but this may cause her to mess up the recipe...).

Step 3: "Did it work...?"
Ashley will hoist up the finished potion. If Ashley successfully follows the recipe it will sparkle, but if she messed up, it will release a puff of green gas.

Step 4: Ashley will hold the finished potion in her hand. Pressing B will make her drink it, and pressing A will throw it like an ordinary item.
If the potion turned out a Success, you can drink it to receive helpful buffs, but if it's a Failure, you can toss it to give adverse effects to the enemy.

Positive potion effects: Giant, +Speed/Jump, Golden (decreased knockback), Healing, Curry, Invisible.

Negative potion effects: Shrink, -Speed/Jump, Flower, Sleep, Bomb.
Ashley casts a beam that resembles the Magikoopa's spell. While its speed and range are slow, if it hits it will turn opponents into inanimate objects. Cursed enemies can still run and jump, but are unable to attack in any way until they go back to normal. (It only lasts a few seconds).

Enemies might be turned into a broom, a bucket, a head of garlic, or a spoon, among other things.
Ashley uses magic to turn her broom into a rocket which blasts her into the air. Has high knockback and can be charged and angled similar to Diddy Kong's barrel rockets, but doesn't go as far.

Once at the apex of her flight Ashley can glide around on her broom similar to Palutena's jump glide custom move.
Basically what Ashley did as an Assist Trophy. It works similar again to Palutena, as it pushes enemies away from Ashley similar to Heavenly Light. The cloud causes gradual damage and spontaneous taunting as well as tripping and slow.
Taken directly from WarioWare Smooth Moves, Ashley casts a spell on a potted plant, causing it to become a gargantuan Piranha Plant-like creature that whips enemies with its vines and bites whoever gets close.

It is completely indestructible for 10 seconds but eventually withers away.
...and now for my incredible art depicting these moves
ashley_specials_rough.png

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I don't think the whole voice acting thing matters just yet. Far as I know, Erica's original statement to not being contacted for Smash was in regards to Celica. Something else to keep in mind, it's fully possible to record both Warioware Gold and Smash Ashley content without Erica even knowing about it. (I guess, depending on what the Smash voice lines are). It's something I seem to recall happening on at least one occasion. If Nintendo is dead set on keeping the roster a secret, than that's one way to do it. Not even Xander Mobus knew the actual roster for Smash 4 and he's the announcer. They had him read a **** ton of names, many of which that aren't in the game just to make sure he doesn't know.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I don't think the whole voice acting thing matters just yet. Far as I know, Erica's original statement to not being contacted for Smash was in regards to Celica. Something else to keep in mind, it's fully possible to record both Warioware Gold and Smash Ashley content without Erica even knowing about it. (I guess, depending on what the Smash voice lines are). It's something I seem to recall happening on at least one occasion. If Nintendo is dead set on keeping the roster a secret, than that's one way to do it. Not even Xander Mobus knew the actual roster for Smash 4 and he's the announcer. They had him read a **** ton of names, many of which that aren't in the game just to make sure he doesn't know.
What other names did her read?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Actually, if Nintendo wanted to really keep the roster a secret, then having her record lines for both games during their simultaneous development span is actually really smart of them. They really wanted to avoid potential leaking so having her do the lines during her session for WarioWare Gold's development would be a VERY smart move.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
He didn't say specifically what extra names he read (I don't think he was allowed to mention that), but he did definitely say that a lot of them didn't wind up being in the game.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
He never specified (He may be contractually obligated not to disclose that information). I just remember him saying it on a Podcast interview. He's very insistent that He knows as much of the roster as we do.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm pretty sure he said one of the names was Optimus Prime in an interview.

That's how much they wanted to keep things under wraps.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
He read every name you could think of, pretty much.
Pretty sure there were even ones like Goku on there?
Wonder if that list included cut veterans, or newcomers who would eventually come in Ultimate.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm thinking out-loud about the (admittedly minor) idea that they could be reusing old voice clips from those sessions.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
you ready for some special moves? for some *quality* drawings?
Here we go

My specials are based around the idea of Ashley as a debuff character.
This move is similar to Villager's Tree in that it has multiple stages.

Step 1: Ashley looks through a tome and finds a potion to create. The potion chosen is random but a thought bubble appears above Ashley's head to indicate which one she chooses.

Step 2: Ashley takes out a cauldron and mixes in the ingredients for the potion. It takes about three seconds to complete, but mashing B will make Ashley work faster (but this may cause her to mess up the recipe...).

Step 3: "Did it work...?"
Ashley will hoist up the finished potion. If Ashley successfully follows the recipe it will sparkle, but if she messed up, it will release a puff of green gas.

Step 4: Ashley will hold the finished potion in her hand. Pressing B will make her drink it, and pressing A will throw it like an ordinary item.
If the potion turned out a Success, you can drink it to receive helpful buffs, but if it's a Failure, you can toss it to give adverse effects to the enemy.

Positive potion effects: Giant, +Speed/Jump, Golden (decreased knockback), Healing, Curry, Invisible.

Negative potion effects: Shrink, -Speed/Jump, Flower, Sleep, Bomb.
Ashley casts a beam that resembles the Magikoopa's spell. While its speed and range are slow, if it hits it will turn opponents into inanimate objects. Cursed enemies can still run and jump, but are unable to attack in any way until they go back to normal. (It only lasts a few seconds).

Enemies might be turned into a broom, a bucket, a head of garlic, or a spoon, among other things.
Ashley uses magic to turn her broom into a rocket which blasts her into the air. Has high knockback and can be charged and angled similar to Diddy Kong's barrel rockets, but doesn't go as far.

Once at the apex of her flight Ashley can glide around on her broom similar to Palutena's jump glide custom move.
Basically what Ashley did as an Assist Trophy. It works similar again to Palutena, as it pushes enemies away from Ashley similar to Heavenly Light. The cloud causes gradual damage and spontaneous taunting as well as tripping and slow.
Taken directly from WarioWare Smooth Moves, Ashley casts a spell on a potted plant, causing it to become a gargantuan Piranha Plant-like creature that whips enemies with its vines and bites whoever gets close.

It is completely indestructible for 10 seconds but eventually withers away.
...and now for my incredible art depicting these moves
I just want you to know I had the same idea for her Final Smash,
but I called it "Planta Giganticus" as a reference to this part of her song "Pantalones Giganticus! Oh no, not again..."

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wonder if that list included cut veterans, or newcomers who would eventually come in Ultimate.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm thinking out-loud about the (admittedly minor) idea that they could be reusing old voice clips from those sessions.
Smash Ultimate is reusing announcer calls from Wii U/3DS and he recorded a LOT of them so...
Probably.

StormC

Smash Hero
They’d definitely have him read for Ridley due to his popularity and plausibility of being in Smash 4, then they just reuse that for Ultimate.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I must say, my optimism in Ashley's chances have been fluctuating recently, but the last few days, it's been at an all-time high. Call it a hunch, but I think we're about overdue for a character confirmation, and I think Ashley would be an ideal reveal this soon into the game. She's popular enough to where people would get excited, but not so popular to where she should be distanced from an event like E3. Not to mention, her prominence in the East would nicely coincide with Ridley's in the West. Oh, and it would line up as a nifty advertisement for Gold.

Of course, I don't know how frequently we'll be getting Smash newcomers, considering the apparent shortage of them that Sakurai alluded to, but still, we have a little over five months until the game is in our hands. Surely, they'll reveal something to keep a constant flow of hype going.

The Eternal Penguin

Smash Apprentice
Smash will be playable at Evo 2018, which just so happens to start on August 3rd. The same day WarioWare Gold launches in America.

Even if its not Ashley, I think a newcomer announcement is quite likely.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
As someone whose only experience with WarioWare is the original GBA game, I’m awfully tempted to pick up Gold to catch up. Plus Ashley’s design in it is my favorite of hers.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Smash will be playable at Evo 2018, which just so happens to start on August 3rd. The same day WarioWare Gold launches in America.

Even if its not Ashley, I think a newcomer announcement is quite likely.
Don't count on an EVO reveal at all. Nintendo gives zero ****s about it.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Guys it's almost imposible to catch up with this thread, I could do it in early stages, but since this thread get going, I am missing lot of things.

Maybe a bit late to say but Erica Lindbeck is a great choice for Ashley I loved her as Celica, such a sweet voice, to be honest I didn't know it was her until reading her.

Maybe I am not that active here, but I support Ashley all the way, I REALLY hope to see the dream come true!

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Alrighty. I wont get my hopes up.
I suppose I'll explain myself a bit. I watch EVO every year and when all these other Companies do crazy **** just before or after Grand Finals, Nintendo hasn't even sent an Intern to say hi to the fanbase. Ultimate's presence at EVO is purely marketing since there's going to be a lot of people there whether they are Smash fans or not. It's not uncommon for Fighting game Demos to be at EVO.

Leehzart

Smash Cadet
I think I own you this one, a lot of you point out that I was missing some badges, well yep that was true, I didn't include this ones because I only wanted the ones designed by Ko Takeuchi. So here they are!

Also I want to design my own Ashley for Smash, but I would like to have your help! Here's all her official artwork in every game. Which one is your favorite or rather which parts of each design you like the most, in that way we can create the perfect one!

When the design is done we can even suggest some recolors or maybe even outfits!

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I think I own you this one, a lot of you point out that I was missing some badges, well yep that was true, I didn't include this ones because I only wanted the ones designed by Ko Takeuchi. So here they are!

Also I want to design my own Ashley for Smash, but I would like to have your help! Here's all her official artwork in every game. Which one is your favorite or rather which parts of each design you like the most, in that way we can create the perfect one!

When the design is done we can even suggest some recolors or maybe even outfits!
I'm not sure about everyone else, but we are definitely gonna need the stockings and the red eyes.
For outfits I'd imagine her pajamas would make for a good alt.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Hm...Is the middle Wario DIY?

Good proportions...check. Red eyes and stockings...double check check. I can't think of anything the others did this one didn't do better.
But...I do like the 3D equivalent of Gold Ashley as well.

Top Bottom