• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

The Eternal Penguin

Smash Apprentice
At least Ashley hype lives another day. I got on and trolls were claiming Ashley was assist'ed, it was freaking me out because a lot of people were saying it. Guess people were piggyback riding on a prank or something...or it was all one guy with too much time on his hands
Well that couldn’t have felt good. At least it wasn’t real.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure all of the "leaks" floating around aren't real. They're fun to discuss anyway though.
Of the 200+ Leaks that have been recorded, There might be a few true ones, but nothing with the full roster. The only people privy to that knowledge at the moment want to keep their jobs

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
And some leaks still have a chance, since there is still the the 22nd and it's tournament.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The leak called for a direct on the 22nd, not a tournament. I still don't buy it.
I was not even really talking about the leak, just the fact that there is another tournament. There may not have been anything at this tourney, but perhaps they could reveal something the secound time around. Unlikely, but still possible.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The leak called for a direct on the 22nd, not a tournament. I still don't buy it.
That one I don't buy at all. I do feel bad for all the K. Rool fans that want the July reveal to be true. As a K. Rool fan myself, I don't think He's getting revealed in July.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
That one I don't buy at all. I do feel bad for all the K. Rool fans that want the July reveal to be true. As a K. Rool fan myself, I don't think He's getting revealed in July.
Yeah, same. Back-to-back Ridley and K. Rool reveals would be a very tough act to follow.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Yeah, same. Back-to-back Ridley and K. Rool reveals would be a very tough act to follow.
Yeah, revealing the two most anticipated characters ever right after another wouldn't be a smart move if Nintendo wants to keep people engaged in speculation. I don't think the K Rool fans should really be worried though. He's pretty much guarenteed. I still think a direct is extremely likely though.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Oh boy, so many new posts. Seeing that, I was worried Ashley was seen as an Assist in this tournament.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Sakurai must have just gotten cold feet. That's all. We'll get Ashley next time!

People viewing thread.png

I got a screen cap of everybody at the party last night!!!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Mr. Sakurai must have just gotten cold feet. That's all. We'll get Ashley next time!

View attachment 153357

I got a screen cap of everybody at the party last night!!!
This was the only thread I could trust to keep me posted (I really didn’t want to watch the stream). You guys were basically doing a play by play! While I wasn’t here the whole time (and didn’t stay up all the way), I kept refreshing once in a while to see if anything had happened.

That and the overwhelming positivity. Sometimes you need that in life.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Anything interesting going on in the tournament?

Also, I have updated the supporters list again.
8-peacock-8
009deca
ActualGarbage
AEMehr
anto_oberlin
Ashuree
AtomTrap
Aussie the Naturist
AustarusIV
Banjodorf
Bestmand902
bksbestbwoy
BluePikmin11
Burigu
Calane
Camc10
Captain Shades
Caravan of Noobs
CardiganBoy
CatRaccoonBL
ChocolatGelgato
Citruspark
cj.
Crap-Zapper
culumon
DaemonDD
DarkFalcon
DecaHibiki
DeiSakuChris
Demonfunds
Diddy Kong
Domino11332
DonkaFjord
Drawcia
Drs. FalKoopa
DutchPichu
EarlTamm
EchoAegis
Ed-boy
ErenJager
EricTheGamerman
Erotic&Heretic
FarquadMoses
Fisher
FreshlyBakedCookies
G-Guy
GalacticPetey
GaroMaster
Gerrothorax
GoodGrief741
Greator
harukaamami
Impa4Smash
InfiniteZest
Jazzy Jinx
LancerJayden
Iustinus Tempus
Karafuru
Kenith
Kirbeh
KirbyWorshipper2465
Klimax
kool2419
Kotor
Kyon9898
Legendary Spirit Tamer
lightdasher
LimeTH
Lola Luftnagle
Lord-Zero
Louie G.
Luminario
MainJPW
Makai Wars
MattX20
meleebrawler
MeleeMario64
Mrs.Milky
mynameisBlade
Neyonel
Nintenzilla *Reboot*
Noipoi
NTDO89
Obake
Octorox
OdnetninAges
Oracle_Summon
P.Kat
perfectchaos83
Phantom Joker
Pizza Robo
PokéMurio
Princess_Ashley
pupNapoleon
RetroMetalSonic
Russell_SSB
Samcrumpit
Sari
sayaka11
Scicky
SEGAGameBoy
SHOTSTUNDAVE
SiddShidds
Siggy88
Slyshock
sman3579
SmashMaster02
Smashoperatingbuddy123
smash puffle
smileMasky
SneakyLink
Snorkel the dolphin
Space Detective
Spinosaurus
SpookySociopath
Souldin
SSBBDaisy
SSBCandidates
Staarih
StormC
Strider_Bond00J
Superyoshiom
Takasmash
Thatkidwiththeafro
The Eternal Penguin
ThePsychoWolf
TheSoldier
ThoughtfulWanderer
tjdmhem
ToasterBrains
Tony Duck
TreeBranch
TumblrFamous
verysleepywolf
Witdamon
Wegenbarth
WhiteEaglePL
Wungsten
XenothiumX
Xhampi
Xman321
xpnc
Yellowlord
Yellow-SpottedBlackMagick
YeppersPeppers
Zabadoo
ZTurtle
「Hinata」

We are now up to 148 supporters since Wednesday!
Huh, I guess wanting Ashley to be voiced by Ian Sinclair, question the difficulty of forgetting a game that was never released in your region, wondering if a newcomer was ever revealed because their game was announced/releasing soon on a Nintendo console, and suggesting that Etika needs to punch a hole through his wall to one-up himself for destroying his shelf makes you an Ashley supporter.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I had a dream last night where Ashley was disconfirmed. Not as an Assist Trophy, mind you, but as one of Wario's costumes, where Wario is dressed like a safari explorer person and Ashley rides around on his shoulder. I was a sad boy.

Then I woke up and realized that that would be the stupidest disconfirmation in the history of mankind.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
oof no reveal as expected, but I suppose it was nice seeing how the game plays out and everything. It would be cool if they reveal a character sometime
but only like one though so we can still speculate other characters

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Huh, I guess wanting Ashley to be voiced by Ian Sinclair, question the difficulty of forgetting a game that was never released in your region, wondering if a newcomer was ever revealed because their game was announced/releasing soon on a Nintendo console, and suggesting that Etika needs to punch a hole through his wall to one-up himself for destroying his shelf makes you an Ashley supporter.
Oof. I assumed everyone on that list gave explicit support to Ashley. I don't think you should be on the list if that's not the case. It's only fair to you, and it would be misleading to do otherwise.

Last edited:

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
My apologies about that. I have removed you from the list, and thank you for letting me know about my mistake.

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
I'm late to the party to say this, but 4chan's /v/ has threads where people are insisting that Ashley and K. Rool were shown as assists in the stream last night. THEY WERE NOT. Don't believe anything until you see official proof from Nintendo themselves. Screenshots can easily be faked.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'm late to the party to say this, but 4chan's /v/ has threads where people are insisting that Ashley and K. Rool were shown as assists in the stream last night. THEY WERE NOT. Don't believe anything until you see official proof from Nintendo themselves. Screenshots can easily be faked.
It was the same build used in E3 right? I didn't see anything different.

From what little I saw, they like Ike. And that one Ike player almost be IC but the time ran out, and lost at sudden death.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
aah thanks for the heads up

so has anyone heard any news about smash or anything? I heard from the other day that Nintendo is putting more content for Mario kart 8 deluxe, possibly new characters?

The Eternal Penguin

Smash Apprentice
aah thanks for the heads up

so has anyone heard any news about smash or anything? I heard from the other day that Nintendo is putting more content for Mario kart 8 deluxe, possibly new characters?
I mean there is another tournament/stream thing next week at the same time. But realistically nothing will be revealed there.

As for the Mario Kart 8 content, I think it was just more Labo support. But I could be mistaken. If there were new characters I would pray for Ashley to be there as well.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I mean there is another tournament/stream thing next week at the same time. But realistically nothing will be revealed there.

As for the Mario Kart 8 content, I think it was just more Labo support. But I could be mistaken. If there were new characters I would pray for Ashley to be there as well.
well I already know about the july thingy, there was this leak that said there would be a direct, so we could hope of something oofy

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

What else can they do with the labo in MK8?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
They're going to add the ability to put that little cardboard antenna on your Switch and act like you're controlling a remote-control Mario Kart.
A mode where a player plays as lakitu and uses the labo fishing rod to control it.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
A mode where a player plays as lakitu and uses the labo fishing rod to control it.
Don't be ridiculous. Nintendo would never let us play as Lakitu in a Mario Kart game.

But you know what isn't ridiculous? Robot functionality. Each step with the Robot backpack is pressing the acceleration button once, so you have to keep sprinting in place for the game to think you're holding the button down. And you have to waggle your body left and right to steer. Also, the only way to drift is to crouch, so you have to learn how to run in place while crouching. Punch to use an item.

(I would pay good money to see someone play Mario Kart like that, honestly...)

Edit: (Just in case anyone didn't know, I was being silly in this post. DonkaFjord, that was a pretty clever Labo idea.)

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
None of them are all that notable if I'm being honest, all of them are slight variations of each other.
The most notable one to me is the one that says that "King" and "Ponytail" will be announced this month, and that's not even because it's reliable. I just think it's funny that someone pretending to be a leaker didn't even have the guts to officially come out and say who's being announced when.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Dumbest way I've tried to guage Ashley's popularity yet. She has 2142 plays on that Anikator Genie game.

To compare, Bandana Dee has 2400, Isaac has 4000, And Isabelle has a whopping 15000.

Edit: MONA HAS 1009!! SHE DID IT, FELLAS!!

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
How reliable is this guy?
Last time I questioned the guy we got the JP intro and the EU Demo (I believe the tweet in question was something like "We'll be getting new Warioware Gold info this week!" or something along those lines). I don't know if he knows things or is just good at guessing based on previous trends. He's also been saying things about another Wario Land being revealed in July. His timeline for July in general is really interesting.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Don't be ridiculous. Nintendo would never let us play as Lakitu in a Mario Kart game.

But you know what isn't ridiculous? Robot functionality. Each step with the Robot backpack is pressing the acceleration button once, so you have to keep sprinting in place for the game to think you're holding the button down. And you have to waggle your body left and right to steer. Also, the only way to drift is to crouch, so you have to learn how to run in place while crouching. Punch to use an item.

(I would pay good money to see someone play Mario Kart like that, honestly...)

Edit: (Just in case anyone didn't know, I was being silly in this post. DonkaFjord, that was a pretty clever Labo idea.)
There are a few people who stream using a Dance Dance Revolution dance pad to play normal games (they use it as a D-pad.)
I like how you had to edit in that it was a joke haha.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
if he's right about the direct, then i'd assume they'd at least do a small segment for smash, mabye a character reveal, I really think they should reveal a character each month until release, it would make for a great way to maintain hype, and hey if they're doing Wario themed reveals in this direct, it would only make sense to reveal a certain someone we all know.

Last edited:

The Eternal Penguin

Smash Apprentice
Last time I questioned the guy we got the JP intro and the EU Demo (I believe the tweet in question was something like "We'll be getting new Warioware Gold info this week!" or something along those lines). I don't know if he knows things or is just good at guessing based on previous trends. He's also been saying things about another Wario Land being revealed in July. His timeline for July in general is really interesting.
You would think that they would mention a new Wario Land at e3, but who knows. If there is a direct I would assume it would mostly focus on new info for things like Luigi’s Mansion and Super Mario Party, as well as Warioware Gold and maybe that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe stuff they mentioned.

Those games may have had stuff not make it into the e3 presentation in order to maximize room for smash bros. Speaking of which literally all those games are related to Wario or Mario in someway. So it would be a Golden opirtunity for Ashley.

Top Bottom