• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
I just await her reveal (and really considering she not only was an assist trophy, she is also a mii costume, its really only a matter of time) and then the plethora of Ashley and Bayonetta fanart.
TOO LATE!!!

InfiniteZest

Smash Rookie
Back on the support again! I haven't been on these forums since Brawl, but I was pushing for Ashley last time around and I'll do it again! It's starting to push into "overdue" territory.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Back on the support again! I haven't been on these forums since Brawl, but I was pushing for Ashley last time around and I'll do it again! It's starting to push into "overdue" territory.
Welcome back InfiniteZest! You said it! Ashley is waaaaaay overdue!

Found some more fan service if anyone was looking for it.

Gotta love the Ashley and toon Link those two are adorable together.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
TOO LATE!!!
Well I'd say that pretty much confirms Ashley for Smash. Looks like our job here done. Guess we’ll have to pack our bags and find another character to support :p

On a side note: Yeah! We made it to page 3! Time to celebrate! \ ^o^ /
(It’s all thanks to FreshlyBakedCookies and his extra post! Hehehe…)

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I just await her reveal (and really considering she not only was an assist trophy, she is also a mii costume, its really only a matter of time) and then the plethora of Ashley and Bayonetta fanart.
Yeah, If a character makes it in Smash they get a huge amount of fanart following.
(It’s all thanks to FreshlyBakedCookies and his extra post! Hehehe…)
I See what you did there.

sman3579

Smash Cadet
So you think if Ashley (or any other WarioWare character for that matter) made it that she would have some of the micro games incorporated into her moveset, or do you think they would make something more out of scratch?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So you think if Ashley (or any other WarioWare character for that matter) made it that she would have some of the micro games incorporated into her moveset, or do you think they would make something more out of scratch?
I think it might be a combination. I think she will have some spells and her broom, but she could also things implemented from her "total drag" series of microgames. Especially since that was in her debut game.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I'd say a little bit of both.

I have actually come up with a few things from her games that she can use in her moveset.
Ashley can shoot purple electricity from her hand.
I think this could work as a final smash. Ashley flies up on her broom and uses an orb to cast a spell and electrocute the whole screen.
One creative thing I thought of is Ashley being able to transform characters into random objects from her games. We know Ashley is capable of transformation magic (transforming her teacher into a spoon as she states in her song). One thing I thought that would be funny is if Ashley would were to transform an opponent into random objects like the hotdog on wheels. The opponent is trapped in that form for a short period of time. The more % built up they have the longer they are stuck in that form. Depending on the object such as a hotdog with wheels Ashley can hit it and it will go rolling across the stage like one of those item boxes on wheels. Other possible objects I thought of could be a hamburger to be eaten and gain health and a bomb that will explode. The object transformation will be chosen at random sort of like Game & Watches Judgement attack.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I'd say a little bit of both.

I have actually come up with a few things from her games that she can use in her moveset.
Ashley can shoot purple electricity from her hand.
I think this could work as a final smash. Ashley flies up on her broom and uses an orb to cast a spell and electrocute the whole screen.
One creative thing I thought of is Ashley being able to transform characters into random objects from her games. We know Ashley is capable of transformation magic (transforming her teacher into a spoon as she states in her song). One thing I thought that would be funny is if Ashley would were to transform an opponent into random objects like the hotdog on wheels. The opponent is trapped in that form for a short period of time. The more % built up they have the longer they are stuck in that form. Depending on the object such as a hotdog with wheels Ashley can hit it and it will go rolling across the stage like one of those item boxes on wheels. Other possible objects I thought of could be a hamburger to be eaten and gain health and a bomb that will explode. The object transformation will be chosen at random sort of like Game & Watches Judgement attack.
Well then why does her assist trophy create a cloud of purple gas when she appears? Is there any reason why she does that?
I have one thing to say to that.
HAHAHA! That's just awesome!

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Do you think they would use that as one of her special moves? Maybe as her down B. She can surround herself with a poison cloud.
perhaps but it might be tough to balance. I don't know I think dropping a poison cloud would be kind of boring especially since she can do so many things with magic.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Do you think they would use that as one of her special moves? Maybe as her down B. She can surround herself with a poison cloud.
I got a good idea for her Down B! Ashley pulls out her cauldron and stirs it. Ashley needs one last final ingredient for it to work which would be one of her opponents if they fall in. If Ashley captures her opponent she gets a random buff such as becomes big, gains greater knockback, becomes metal, heals or, it just blows up. It's all random.

edit: needed to add more detail

Last edited:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
The doll Ashley holds is a voodoo doll right?
I came up with another possible Down B. What if the first time you press Down B and you're next to an opponent she plucks a strand of their hair out then the next time you Press Down B Ashley holds out the doll in a similar manner to how Peach holds out Toad. If a player hits the voodoo doll the opponent whom you plucked the hair out takes damage along with the player who hit the doll.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I got a good idea for her Down B! Ashley pulls out her cauldron and stirs it. Ashley needs one last final ingredient for it to work which would be one of her opponents if they fall in. If Ashley captures her opponent she gets a random buff such as becomes big, gains greater knockback, becomes metal, heals or, it just blows up. It's all random.

edit: needed to add more detail
Being a casual player I don't know how tournament players feel about random effects (such as Game & Watches Judgement) Not that I care but, It does seem like a good portrayal of Ashley's character of being young and still learning how to cast spells and brew potions makes her likely to fail in her attempts. The Cauldron was where Ashley made her first appearance so I'd say it's iconic. I'd say I could also see it being used in one of her victory poses.

The doll Ashley holds is a voodoo doll right?
I came up with another possible Down B. What if the first time you press Down B and you're next to an opponent she plucks a strand of their hair out then the next time you Press Down B Ashley holds out the doll in a similar manner to how Peach holds out Toad. If a player hits the voodoo doll the opponent whom you plucked the hair out takes damage along with the player who hit the doll.
I do find the Voodoo doll Down B special very creative, however, It sounds like another counter. How many characters in Smash now currently have a counter? 12 I believe. Although, it is a mix up of a usual counter I guess, I think it would be better if the counter mechanic was taken out and have her pull out a needle and stab the doll (After plucking a hair out of course). It would be sort of like Solid Snake's Down B were he places a remote explosive on a character.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
The Cauldron was where Ashley made her first appearance so I'd say it's iconic. I'd say I could also see it being used in one of her victory poses.
Each character gets what? 3 Victory poses right? If you think the cauldron should be one then what would you say about her other 2? Maybe have Red standing by her side dancing around.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Each character gets what? 3 Victory poses right? If you think the cauldron should be one then what would you say about her other 2? Maybe have Red standing by her side dancing around.
Maybe have one where she is sitting on the moon with Red.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Definitely a long overdue addition to the roster. Sign me up cause she’d be a great magic user.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Welcome to the Ashley thread Nintenzilla*Reboot* ! Thanks for your support!
No problem, she could really add something fun with all the transformations Red does and all of the magic she can conjure!

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think it'd be neat and potentially unique if she was not only a spell caster is Smash...
But a spell caster that focused primarily on damage over time (DoT) effects/ spells/ hexes/ curses.
Smash doesn't have a DoT'er yet and I always loved playing those types of spellcasters in RPG's.
You just throw on some spells and let the damage get progressively heavier.

Last edited:

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
I think it'd be neat and potentially unique if she was not only a spell caster is Smash...
But a spell caster that focused primarily on damage over time (DoT) effects/ spells/ hexes/ curses.
Smash doesn't have a DoT'er yet and I always loved playing those types of spellcasters in RPG's.
You just throw on some spells and let the damage get progressively heavier.
Closest thing to Dot is the Pikmin. Cursing players is definitely something that could fit within Ashley's playstyle.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hi everyone! Sharing my love and support of Ashley! Tomorrow is her day on RTC, so go check out the thread to share how likely you think she is!

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
The guys at Nintendo seem to give Ashley a lot of love over there. With badges upon badges, her song being everywhere, and fake games. It seems like they want her to be more than just a Warioware side character. Maybe an appearance in Smash could boost her already high popularity and give Ashley her own game.

Probably not but I want Ashely in Smash and I want to see Crazy Galaxy be a real game.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Now that I'm done for the semester I have much more time not stressing over classes. So I decided to make a moveset for Ashley! FalKoopa FalKoopa feel free to add it to the front page :)

Ashley

Character Concept: Zoner/Debuffer. Ashley is a slow and floaty character. Most of her normals/smashes/aerials are also relatively weak. However, her specials are what capitalizes on her abilities as a spellcaster. She can trap and control opponents and the stage with her side and down specials, and harm the opponent with several ranged debuffs.

Normals

· Jab: Multihitting move. Red pops out and swipes twice with his pitchfork, and then jabs repeatedly.
· Side Tilt: Ashley produces dark magic slightly away from her, hitting opponents with darkness. This has great range (similar to the range of Mega Man’s jab/side tilt).
· Up Tilt: Ashley waves her doll above her in an arc.
· Down Tilt: Ashley swipes her wand down, dealing minimal damage but tripping the opponent.
· Dash Attack: From her running animation, Ashley twirls and spins a decent distance, hitting opponents in her path.

Smash Attacks

· Note: All Smash Attacks cause Ashley’s hair to turn white.
· Side Smash: Ashley points her wand forward and a purple explosion will appear in front of her.
· Up Smash: Ashley charges up her wand and raises it in the air. A small thunderbolt will hit the wand and create a small field around it. It will not have the same range as Pikachu, but will cover above her and to the sides.
· Down Smash: Red pops out and circles around Ashley, swiping the ground with his pitchfork.

Aerials

· Neutral Air: Ashley spins around with her wand protruding outwards. Similar to Villager’s N-Air.
· Forward Air: Quickly swipes forward with her wand. This has good range as the “swipe” produces a darkness effect in front of it.
· Back Air: Ashley turns around slightly and smacks the opponent with her doll.
· Up Air: Red becomes a parasol and Ashley whacks opponents upward. Good for juggling.
· Down Air: Red spikes with his pitchfork. Spiking move.

Grabs

· Red pops out of Ashley’s hands and grabs at the opponent. This has great range, and can act as a tether, but like most characters with great-ranged grabs, it has long ending lag, so use carefully!
· Pummel: Red hits the character on the head with the hilt of his pitchfork.
· Forward Throw: Red shapeshifts into a Venus Flytrap and bites the opponent, sending them forward.
· Back Throw: Ashley grabs Red’s tail and yanks him backward, causing the player to be thrown behind her. This is her best killing move.
· Up Throw: Red throws the opponent upwards, jabbing them with his pitchfork.
· Down Throw: Red turns into a broom and sweeps the opponent down.

Specials

· Neutral Special: Hocus Pocus! Similar in function to Shulk’s Monado arts, press B to shift through Ashley’s 4 different hexes. Once activated, press B again to shoot out a hex that will have some effect on the opponent. These spells have great range, covering a distance of about half of Final Destination. If an opponent is hit by the spell, it lasts for 10 seconds. Once a hex is active, you are unable to activate this move again until the current hex/debuff is over.
o Attack Drop: Ashley becomes surrounded by red tinge. An average-moving spell when shot out. Lowers the damage output of the opponent (0.7x less damage) when active.
o Defense Drop: Ashley becomes surrounded by green tinge. An average-moving spell when shot out. More knockback taken to the character (1.2x more) when active.
o Speed Drop: Ashley becomes surrounded by blue tinge. A quick-moving spell when out. Lowers the speed of the opponent (0.7x less) when active.
o Poison: Ashley becomes surrounded by purple tinge. A slow-moving spell when shot out. Deals poison damage over time to the player (overall does about 15% damage)
o Note: Ashley will lose the tinge around her when the hex lands; the character hit with the spell will then have that color when the hex is active (this makes it easier to see who is debuffed and when you can use this move again!).

· Side Special: Lightning Bolt. Press Side-B once for a quick spark of lightning to shoot out of Ashley’s hand. Holding the Side-B will make three lightning bolts shoot out in succession. These can be angled up or down, depending on the situation. One spark of lightning has similar damage/knockback to a fireball.

· Up Special: Broom Ascent. Ashley ascends upward with her broom. The entire broom has a hitbox. You can direct it a la Fox/Falco’s Up Special.

· Down Special: Cauldron Mine. Similar to Snake’s mines. Two-turn setup. Press Down-B once and Ashley pulls out a small cauldron, placing it where she is standing. Press Down-B again and she will point her wand to the cauldron, causing it to explode.

Final Smash
· Pantalones Giganticus: Ashley swipes a hex forward, and it travels in a straight path. Anyone caught in the path will be transported to a cutscene. Ashley enlarges them and yells out her spell “Pantalones Giganticus!”. Instead of it doing what it is supposed to do, nothing happens. Ashley then sighs “Oh no, not again” as the characters instead explode, knocking them backwards as a finishing blow.

Last edited:

TheSoldier

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2020-0559-7730
Who's the girl next door, living in the haunted mansion?
You better learn her name because it's Ashley!

https://imgur.com/a/jd3cdPS

Ashley Render done by me.
Model is from Smash Wii U.

A character that could help define the Wario series. (Because really, with one character, is it really a series?)
A smaller built character, she would be floaty like Ness.

Her moveset could consist of her wand, her demon friend Red, and MAGIC!
I don't know what her regular or smash attacks could be, but her specials could be:

Up Special:
A simple recovery, she hops on her broom and flies up. Can move left and right, but only lasts a few seconds. If you touch the ground, you automatically land, but if you're still on it when time runs out, you go into free fall, unable to attack or defend yourself.

Neutral Special:
A kinda Chaos Control, a large red bubble appears around you, growing bigger the longer you hold the button down. When the button's released, the bubble bursts, and anyone caught in the explosive pop gets frozen for a few seconds (It depends on how big the bubble is.) The bubble will automatically burst if held down 3 seconds. If Ashley is hit while the bubble is being made, it pops at the size it is. It has a small cooldown as to not spam it.
Down Special:
Changes her wand into Red, and Red into her wand, with an animation as to balance it out some. (Note: If she uses her Neutral Special or any other attack that uses her wand, she switches back.)
Used for her side special.

Side Special:
Now, this will depend on the down special.
If Red is out while the special is activated, she points forwards, and he flies forwards, clawing the air.
He doesn't stop unless he hits a wall, someone hits him, or he goes a far distance away from Ashley.
If Red is away from Ashley, she can't use her other specials, but she can also call Red back by pressing the Special button again. If she is using her wand is out when the side special is activated, she casts a random spell. The projectile would be a moving puff of smoke, with it's color giving away it's effect. The effects would be:

• Blue would freeze any opponent it touches.
  • Red would burn whoever it touches.
  • Yellow would shock them.
  • Green would poison them.
  • Black would drain health and heal Ashley.
  • And Purple would... be a dud.
The projectile should have a small 1-2 second cooldown to avoid spam. Some effects would appear more often (Blue, Red, or Yellow), and some would be rarer (Black). The Purple is there kinda like Game & Watches Number One on his hammer.

So, that's it. I really hope she gets added.
Comment your thoughts below!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited:

TheSoldier

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2020-0559-7730

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I`m kind of torn between Ashley and Mona since they both have what it takes to be a second Wario rep, but i`ll still gladly accept either of them if we do get a second rep.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I don't know, I feel like Ashley has an edge over any Wario character just because of how pushed she is. Since her DS debut, she has become increasingly popular. Plus, and this is more subjective, but I feel Ashley has more personality and character than Mona.

I love Mona though. I'd love for either of them to get into the game. But I think Ashley will probably be seen as a frontrunner if the franchise gets a new character.

Top Bottom