• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
> It starts off as Wario getting an invitation back to Smash, the letter says he is eligible to bring a guest with him this time around, he goes to Waluigi's house, knocks on the door and invites Waluigi. Waluigi is finally happy, so they walk off to Smash together. Wario hands Waluigi his card to get in.

> So Waluigi takes the bus over to Smash HQ, he leaves and entered the building. "Card?" the girl asks, Waluigi digs in his pockets, oh, he left it on the bus. Ashley's on the bus notices it then proceeds to pick it up and cashes it in! Boom, Ashley joins the brawl.
It'd be humorous but I think this is just rubbing salt in the wound for Waluigi fans. If she got a trailer I could see it being like Luigi doing his ghost hunting shenanigans and getting in trouble in Ashley's mansion.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Not sure, but could involve bayonetta do to witches stuff, could involve Robin In someway also. Higher chance it's something comedic with Wario. Be cute in the style of the wario ware games.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
If Sakurai is still open to doing newcomer cinematics with varying art styles, then it is necessary that Ashley's be illustrated by Ko Takeuchi. I'm sure I don't need to explain why.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So this isn't actually relevant to Smash exactly, but I just had a random thought. Do you guys think Ashley has a chance of showing up in the next Mario Kart game, whenever that might be? It seems like she fills a similar role as Isabelle in being a mascot for Nintendo and she comes from WarioWare, and Wario is already in Kart normally. Seems like she would be a perfect fit, assuming they want to continue adding other Nintendo characters to the Kart games. I imagine her chances for that would be even better if she is in fact in smash as well.

Luminario

Smash Lord
So this isn't actually relevant to Smash exactly, but I just had a random thought. Do you guys think Ashley has a chance of showing up in the next Mario Kart game, whenever that might be? It seems like she fills a similar role as Isabelle in being a mascot for Nintendo and she comes from WarioWare, and Wario is already in Kart normally. Seems like she would be a perfect fit, assuming they want to continue adding other Nintendo characters to the Kart games. I imagine her chances for that would be even better if she is in fact in smash as well.
She seems like a fantastic choice for a lightweight, but they seems to enjoy sticking to the babies for that weight category.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
I'm not sure of her chances, but Id play her! I imagine making it playable in Smash would only help her chances.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I never even though to put two and two together with both Bayonetta and Ashley being witches.

That'd be such a weird strange pairing.

Do it, Sakurai. Do it.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
That is a wonderful idea!

Ashley should be in her mansion playing a game or even watching the Smash Bros trailer. "So cool...." she mutters before she got herself an idea. To Transport herself into Smash Brothers.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
If Ashley makes it into Smash she might be naturally integrated into all the Mario Spin offs a la Diddy Kong.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Nintendo typically keeps WarioWare and Mario at a distance, for some reason - the only exceptions I can think of are a court in Mario Power Tennis and Ashley's Mario Maker costume - but if Ashley continues to ascend beyond her home franchise, then it just might happen. Of course, an appearance in Smash would only speed up that process, especially with everyone and their mother scrambling to stockpile Ashley amiibo.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Tad late for this topic but i'd say my admiration for Ashley starts with the Brawl OST. I never owned Brawl but I listened to that sound track a lot 9 years ago. Unfounded Revenge, Ice Climber, and of course Ashley's Song were played non stop. Over the years I've known of Ashley and still enjoyed her song but I wasn't a mega fan until I've saw YTPMV's using Ashley and I adored them.
And then I was fully converted to Ashley worship when My Nintendo first opened and Warioware Touched was available. after that I went through a Warioware craze for a few months trying to grab as many Warioware games I could. I currently have all of them except Mega Party Games and Twisted.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman

I heard somewhere Tingle was popular in Japan, I know not if this is true or not, but he's deconfirmed now which gives more room for Ashley. Then again, I'm not sure if they were competing in the first place, to me, it seems silly to want Tingle playable.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi

I heard somewhere Tingle was popular in Japan, I know not if this is true or not, but he's deconfirmed now which gives more room for Ashley. Then again, I'm not sure if they were competing in the first place, to me, it seems silly to want Tingle playable.
Tingle had his own little spinoff series on the DS in Japan, so he's definitely better liked over there than in the West. I wouldn't say that he and Ashley were really competing, though. Honestly, I'm kinda sad to see him disconfirmed. He's the closest thing to a Zelda character that I would actively be excited for (other than Mipha).

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
That Tingle looks like he retains the Majora's Mask version of himself. That means his Wind Waker assist trophy is still missing in action.
Also Tingle was popular enough to lead 2 games and 2 DSi ware by himself. One DSi game being a Balloon Fight clone.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Aww thats sad for Tingle fans I'm sure he woulda been a funny character, though I dont know if that means he's completly deconfirmed it is a hit to his chances I guess.

The selfish part of me thats all in on Ashley sees every deconfirm as a plus for her, even though thats really not true haha.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Also Tingle was popular enough to lead 2 games and 2 DSi ware by himself. One DSi game being a Balloon Fight clone.
I don't know if I'd be willing to touch those games with an 11& 1/2-foot pole, and that's coming from someone who's always had a sort of ironic respect for Tingle...

That being said, I'd love to see what interesting ideas Nintendo could brew for Ashley. Considering Crazy Galaxy was only an April Fool's joke, I can imagine a legitimate product would be insane.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
I like to think Crazy Galaxy was a failed pitch that might be reused once Ashley's popularity truly reaches a global appeal. That's why I hope she makes it in Smash to make that reality come true.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I like to think Crazy Galaxy was a failed pitch that might be reused once Ashley's popularity truly reaches a global appeal. That's why I hope she makes it in Smash to make that reality come true.
I think anyone with any interest in Ashley as a character probably feels that way about Crazy Galaxy, haha. I will say, despite the strange departure from Ashley's established character, I would certainly give CG a chance, so long as it looks fun. Heck, I'd import it, if need be (assuming it's on the Switch).

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
I like to think Crazy Galaxy would be about Ashley slowly learning people skills and making friends with the other characters in the concept art. I imagine she would get launched to space because of some sort of mishap involving Wario and Dr. Crygor and then Ashley's quest from then on would be getting back home. As for gameplay I'm don't know but it's going to be made from the Rhythm Heaven and Warioware devs so I'm sure it's going to be insane.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I like to think Crazy Galaxy would be about Ashley slowly learning people skills and making friends with the other characters in the concept art. I imagine she would get launched to space because of some sort of mishap involving Wario and Dr. Crygor and then Ashley's quest from then on would be getting back home. As for gameplay I'm don't know but it's going to be made from the Rhythm Heaven and Warioware devs so I'm sure it's going to be insane.
Honestly, seeing the WarioWare/Rhythm Heaven devs work on something as potentially ambitious as Crazy Galaxy would be awesome. I love both those franchises, but it would be cool to see that team step away from minigames and try their hand at an adventure game, or something of the sort.

Calane

Smash Ace
I feel like if Ashley ever got her own game, it'd probably end up being something like "Super Paper Mario". A strange mix between a platformer, an RPG, and an adventure game with a funny, yet emotional story. I figure the game would have Ashley make a lot of different potions and rely on Red's transformations to make her way through the adventure.

...Well, at least that's what I would do if I had to make an Ashley game. Don't know much about WarioWare, so this is probably a terrible idea.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Mario Kart really ought to be expanded to Nintendo Kart.
Yeah I agree! MK 8 Deluxe having Link, Isabelle and Inklings, feels like nintendo are slowly warming up to that idea also.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
There will be a point when Ashley starts popping up in Mario Kart. If she makes it in Smash I think that'll speed up the process of her appearing in other games. Her appearing in Mario Maker is already pretty cool.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
There will be a point when Ashley starts popping up in Mario Kart. If she makes it in Smash I think that'll speed up the process of her appearing in other games. Her appearing in Mario Maker is already pretty cool.
Out of all the Mario Maker costumes (outside of those cross over promotion ones) Ashley was the one that raised eyebrows to me. It was a very pleasant surprise to see and I really am hoping she "graduates" into a much bigger character in the Mario-verse.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
It's interesting to note a lot of the Ashley push happened in 2015, such with Mario Maker, the badges, etc. The year Smash 5's roster was decided was within this range. I'm feeling pretty confident about this.

I'd also really enjoy seeing Ashley's character take off, once Ashley is popular, and I mean way beyond what she is now...it'll be a good day; though a part of me will miss the days when Ashley was an underdog climbing the ranks. But I suppose in the end, what I really want is to see my girl, Ashley, up there with everyone else.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
1529558456597.png

Not only did Ashley have badges, but I forgot she also had a job at Lawson, a real store in Japan. They used Ashley to promote a real store! This is old news but thought I'd point it out.

If she can promote a real life store, she can promote in Smash bros via playable! I WANT THESE CARDS

Edit : Oops, didn't realize the double post

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
"When Tingle joins the battle, Alfonso is in charge of the balloon!"
Alfonso: "Leave it to meeeeeeeeeeee.!"

Edit: Clearly, great minds think alike. ^

Last edited:

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 149371
Looks like Tingle's Back in the Game!!!
I never thought Tingle was likely but, now I wonder if he'll reprise his role as an AT.

I'd be curious to know how Tingle placed on the Japan pole. Just like Ashley he's one of those big in Japan characters, however, unlike Ashley the West seems to be willing to embrace a more prominent Ashley. If Ashley get's in Smash there probably will be a demand for her own spin off series worldwide.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
greatbay.jpg

Made my own mock up to look a tad bit more authentic.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
When the massive Island Turtle joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of being the island.

Alfonzo : *Rises from the sea* Leave it to me!!!
Island Turtle is basically a lock.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 149370

Not only did Ashley have badges, but I forgot she also had a job at Lawson, a real store in Japan. They used Ashley to promote a real store! This is old news but thought I'd point it out.

If she can promote a real life store, she can promote in Smash bros via playable! I WANT THESE CARDS

Edit : Oops, didn't realize the double post
Interesting... Are those points for the Nintendo Badge Arcade or something?

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
I believe so, or they could be for Eshop in general. Ashley has worked for a few people now, WarioWare Inc, Dimond Software and now Lawsons! Heck, and she even runs her own mask business.

And here people ask how she pays the bills. In fact, it is implied she's also a movie star in WarioWare itself, and Mario and Luigi series featured WarioWare as a movie. It fits with Mr.Creator of Mario himself see's Mario and friends as actors, and maybe this goes beyond the normal Mario universe into the extended Mario-verse.

But then again, there are some plotholes in such a theory it isn't worth overthinking about. Ashley works just as hard as Mona, having to work at several places, go to some sort of school and make room to perfect her spells every single day.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I feel like more Mario spinoff rosters needs more RPG characters/more subseries characters instead of lame clones. Ashley in Mario Kart would be awesome!

Top Bottom