• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I mean how can you rally behind ashley when Warios main villian isnt even in Smash
Captain syrup

Im curious out side of Magic (thats already in Smash a lot) what does she have to offer she is
1/10 of a Protagonist at best

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
I mean how can you rally behind ashley when Warios main villian isnt even in Smash
Captain syrup

Im curious out side of Magic (thats already in Smash a lot) what does she have to offer she is
1/10 of a Protagonist at best
Besides her magic, a lot of people like Ashley's design and personality, not to mention the potential she has for having an interesting moveset. Also, I don't mean to be hostile, but it's not cool to come into a character's support thread and talk about why someone else deserves to be in Smash over them.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dad Wario drawing.

I’ve always headcanoned that the reason so many of Wario’s friends are kids is because he stuck up for them when they were being bullied - albeit by threatening the bullies with the prospect of a shoulder to the face. Yeah, not a good role model exactly.

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Dad Wario drawing.

You can't see it unless you click on the Tweet, but I love that Red is trying to catch snowflakes with his tongue!

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Today I was listening to this video:
And I noticed something interesting. This video has a lot of unused voice clips, and at around 00:03-00:04 there are clips of Red grunting in a similar way that Ashley does in Pumpkin Panic. Which makes me wonder, was Red originally going to have a role in Pumpkin Panic, and if so, what?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Someone made an Ashley mod for Mario Kart Wii.

If they were to introduce more obscure characters from the Donkey Kong Expanded Universe™️ to Mario Kart, I feel Ashley would be a perfect candidate for testing the waters. She has a huge fan base already, and probably wouldn’t stick out too much to a casual fan given how self-explanatory her character design is. King K. Rool fits that description too.

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
If they were to introduce more obscure characters from the Donkey Kong Expanded Universe™️ to Mario Kart, I feel Ashley would be a perfect candidate for testing the waters. She has a huge fan base already, and probably wouldn’t stick out too much to a casual fan given how self-explanatory her character design is. King K. Rool fits that description too.
I agree. I wish that they added Ashley to the 2020 Halloween Tour instead the uncreative and lackluster Witch Peach.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I still think Ashley is an inevitability in Smash at some point, not necessarily Ultimate. But her usage in marketing material and such did seem to die down for some reason. Maybe when the rumored Warioware switch is announced or something.
Ashley breaking out of her snow globe as one of the DLC characters would be good promotion for Warioware Switch. But we'll have to wait and see how things pan out first.

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Ashley breaking out of her snow globe as one of the DLC characters would be good promotion for Warioware Switch. But we'll have to wait and see how things pan out first.
Ashley's treatment during the August 8th direct with how she was haphazardly stuck at the end of the it raises a lot of questions for me. A bit of a tinfoil hat conspiracy, but what if WarioWare Switch was already planned at the time of Ultimate's release, so they then decided to release her as DLC rather than in the base game? Food for thought

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ashley's treatment during the August 8th direct with how she was haphazardly stuck at the end of the it raises a lot of questions for me. A bit of a tinfoil hat conspiracy, but what if WarioWare Switch was already planned at the time of Ultimate's release, so they then decided to release her as DLC rather than in the base game? Food for thought
It's possible. And if they were to promote one of the Assist Trophies, she would be one of the most likely ones because of her popularity and her Assist Trophy being around since Smash 4.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Last edited:
Top Bottom