• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
What if the plot of Crazy Galaxy involves Orbulon finally deciding to invade Earth?
I always thought it should feature orbulon in some capacity.

I saw someone bring up the idea of putting Tatanga in Crazy Galaxy, which I'd welcome not just because of the whole "Forgotten character being brought back in an appropriate setting", but because it would be a neat nod to the series meta-origins: Tatanga was the main bad guy of Super Mario Land, and it would that game's sequel that would introduce Wario and thus very indirectly, down the line, lead to WarioWare and Ashley. (Cue clip of George Lucas saying "it's like poetry, it rhymes")

thecursedside

Smash Rookie
Hello, I too, am new. It's quite unfortunate though, I've been viewing this thread for a while. I kinda regret not participating when it was active. Well, hopes to Ashley in Smash sometime in the future, I'll show my support.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
If Sakurai doesn't want to make Ashley playable in Smash, then she should at least appear in Mario spinoffs like Mario Kart. She's a neat character and would add much-needed variety to the rosters.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
If Sakurai doesn't want to make Ashley playable in Smash, then she should at least appear in Mario spinoffs like Mario Kart. She's a neat character and would add much-needed variety to the rosters.
I would honestly really want Ashley to be in the Mario Spin offs. Whether it leads to her getting in Smash or not, I want Ashley to grow as a character.

thecursedside

Smash Rookie
Having her in the spin offs would be nice. I can see her possibly getting into Mario Kart Tour, since its gacha elements are suited to bring in more characters. Although ideally, her appearance in a console game would happen as well.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Having her in the spin offs would be nice. I can see her possibly getting into Mario Kart Tour, since its gacha elements are suited to bring in more characters. Although ideally, her appearance in a console game would happen as well.
She would be perfect for the upcoming Halloween tour, but we'll probably get more clones again. Ugh.

P47

Smash Apprentice
Hope you and everyone liking your post are filling those MKT feedback surveys! : p
Where can I find the survey? I know in the beta it was in that scrolling ticker thingy near the top of the screen (and dw I mentioned Ashley, Red, and Orbulon back then and will happily do so again :p )

P47

Smash Apprentice
Settings -> Help and Inquiries -> -> Customer Support -> Feedback.
Done. Fingers crossed they'll get in someday >_< (it's a damn shame they'd happily add more babies and Pink Gold Peach before more Donkey Kong and Wario characters)

Anyways here's another one of my dumb meme edits:
Star_Redinum.png

P47

Smash Apprentice
If you squint hard enough Santa Daisy kinda looks like Ashley :upsidedown:

Anyways here are some Ashley and Red doodles that I did from memory
20191206_163032.jpg
20191206_163307.jpg
20191206_160908.jpg
20191206_160157.jpg

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
So... hey guys... long time no see! Not much to say in here except that I am still wishing Ashley makes it to Smash! Hopefully in wave 2...

With not much more to add, I pay tribute by sharing a random speedpaint of Ashley I found!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOcYqbyclKM

So yeah... let's keep the Ashley chatter alive!

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Happy New Year, people! May your 2020 be grand, and may Ashley find her place on the Smash roster in the next 365 days.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I'd be down for some Crazy Galaxy. This Baito fella better not get my hopes up, or my very expensive and real lawyers will be in touch.

But yeah, I can't think of a better way to celebrate the Tokyo Olympics than immersing myself in the glory of a spin-off of a spin-off of a spin-off of Mario that was announced, like, five years ago by a bunnyman who runs an arcade.

Staarih

Smash Master
Wait what? How? Why?

I'm legit confused right now lol
Though I hope this sends a message to Nintendo that there is demand for more Wario games, especially since the Switch has none of them.
Some UK retailers wanted to get rid of 3DS stock and had major offers/discounts for them, you could get a game for like under five bucks. That's why it jumped into the Top 10 (Yo-Kai Watch is also there).
Even so, the more people play WarioWare Gold, the better. It's such a fun game haha.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

P47

Smash Apprentice
https://smashboards.com/threads/nintendo-applies-39-trademarks.500242/

I saw that in the Adeleine thread, apparently Nintendo renewed some game trademarks which include WarioWare Smooth Moves... could that mean anything for our witch in training?
As far as Smash is concerned probably not since she comes from Touch and her Mii Costume was Smash x WW Inc. If Master Mantis' rank B card in WWG is anything to go by though the next WW game could be some kind of sequel to Smooth Moves since it straight up mentions both the Wii and Switch.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Assuming everyone has heard about/seen the mini Direct from this morning, I wanted to try to spark a little discussion.

I know that this thread, back in its heyday, was prone to letting its imagination run a little too wild. We convinced ourselves that Ashley was a shoo-in, and found ourselves in a world where that simply wasn't the case. Twenty-four hours ago, the realm of Smash DLC appeared to be nothing but outlandish guest characters and the occasional Fire Emblem addition.

But I can't seem to shake the potential implications of that Arms/Smash character announcement. Which of all those characters have they deemed so impressive that they and they alone deserve to rep Arms as a playable character in Smash?

I have my ideas on what they might do, but I don't want to put any ideas in anyone's head, or parade my (oft-wrong) predictions as gospel. I want to hear what everyone else thinks will come of this strange reveal.

There are quite a few different outcomes, some which could work to our benefit, and others to our detriment, but we will have to wait a few months for a definitive answer. For now, I leave you with this:

ARMS STUFF.png

In the Direct, when they posed the question of who we think they'll choose as the playable Arms character, they showed the entire roster. None of the characters who already exist as Spirits, nor Spring Man (the resident Assist Trophy), were omitted.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
I know that this thread, back in its heyday, was prone to letting its imagination run a little too wild. We convinced ourselves that Ashley was a shoo-in, and found ourselves in a world where that simply wasn't the case. Twenty-four hours ago, the realm of Smash DLC appeared to be nothing but outlandish guest characters and the occasional Fire Emblem addition.
This doesn't seem like a friendly way to start discussion. Just saying.

thecursedside

Smash Rookie
Assuming everyone has heard about/seen the mini Direct from this morning, I wanted to try to spark a little discussion.

But I can't seem to shake the potential implications of that Arms/Smash character announcement. Which of all those characters have they deemed so impressive that they and they alone deserve to rep Arms as a playable character in Smash?

I have my ideas on what they might do, but I don't want to put any ideas in anyone's head, or parade my (oft-wrong) predictions as gospel. I want to hear what everyone else thinks will come of this strange reveal.

There are quite a few different outcomes, some which could work to our benefit, and others to our detriment, but we will have to wait a few months for a definitive answer. For now, I leave you with this:

View attachment 267293

In the Direct, when they posed the question of who we think they'll choose as the playable Arms character, they showed the entire roster. None of the characters who already exist as Spirits, nor Spring Man (the resident Assist Trophy), were omitted.
Ultimately (heh), I think it comes down to two main results. The first is that Spring Man gets in while staying an assist trophy, which provides some hope for Ashley. The second is literally anyone else besides Spring Man or Ribbon Girl gets in, showing that non-flagship characters have a chance.

Depending on who the non-flagship character is (if that is the outcome), it could point to either popularity (Min Min or Twintelle) being a factor or uniqueness (Helix or Lola Pop) being a factor.

Personally, I never believed that spirits held a factor in confirmation or not. As for my personal predictions, I believe Min Min will be the candidate, simply because she has kicks to better round out a moveset and a simple, natural extension to the basic ARMS mechanics in her chargeable dragon arm. Plus, she won the Party Crash sooo...

The realities I do wish for are Lola Pop, for it would be extremely unique to have a moving shield and bounce around (plus I play her the most), or Spring Man, to provide a new hope for Ashley.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
It's been a while since this thread was active. Well, if Spring Man is the character then that is a great boon for every character that is an assist trophy. I feel like an upgrade being shown first of the pass is a great sign for other characters in a similair situation.

Top Bottom