• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
What do you guys think would be the Mario spin off series that Ashley has the best chance of appearing in? I have the feeling it would be a sports game, specifically baseball.
My thoughts as well. Baseball seems to have the widest range of characters in terms of roster, so that seems to be her best shot.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
My thoughts as well. Baseball seems to have the widest range of characters in terms of roster, so that seems to be her best shot.
Makes sense. If you want to make full baseball teams while keeping them from feeling too samey, you need a ton of characters. The fact that the Wii game had K.Rool really showcases the potential in this. Ashley easily has an item that could be a bat in her staff

Now that I think about it, it would be rather cool if you could make a full on Warioware baseball team(Plus Waluigi) if we ever get another one of those games. Seems like the sort of thing Wario would rope them into.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What do you guys think would be the Mario spin off series that Ashley has the best chance of appearing in? I have the feeling it would be a sports game, specifically baseball.
Mario Kart, it'd take the least effort. If they take guests from series that are actually Mario-related!

Makes sense. If you want to make full baseball teams while keeping them from feeling too samey, you need a ton of characters. The fact that the Wii game had K.Rool really showcases the potential in this. Ashley easily has an item that could be a bat in her staff

Now that I think about it, it would be rather cool if you could make a full on Warioware baseball team(Plus Waluigi) if we ever get another one of those games. Seems like the sort of thing Wario would rope them into.
Yeah. Sadly, baseball Mario games seldom get made, especially since they cut down on Mario productions that aren't ports of Wii U stuff lately.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Ashley would probably appear in a mario baseball game but i would love to see her in a mario party/ mario kart game

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Ashley would probably appear in a mario baseball game but i would love to see her in a mario party/ mario kart game
Mario Kart would be an amazing addition. Too bad Nintendo loves to add more babies and pink gold versions of their characters instead.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
Yeah if they could add like all spin off character (dimentio ahsley Dixie Mr L...) that would be so cool

SniperGabe

Smash Cadet
I managed to get the rare Warioware Touched Phone Straps! Ashley is in it and she has a bow on the back of her head which isn't in the games! I have one of the few Ashley merchandise!
(Sorry if these images are too big)

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I managed to get the rare Warioware Touched Phone Straps! Ashley is in it and she has a bow on the back of her head which isn't in the games! I have one of the few Ashley merchandise!
(Sorry if these images are too big)
>there are WW phone straps
I think I know what I'll ask for around or after my birthday.

Last edited:

SniperGabe

Smash Cadet
I managed to get the rare Warioware Touched Phone Straps!
I'm going to open them soon, so I'll send more images of Ashley out of the wrapping as soon as I can

I think I know what I'll ask for after my birthday.
They are rare though, so you have to hunt for them (even though I found these as soon as I searched it)

Last edited:

P47

Smash Apprentice
What's the name of Ashley's other theme (the one used in the 3DS theme and in her Gold character trailer) and when was it first used? It's pretty catchy so I hope it sneaks its way in WW Switch :p

Also completely unrelated but what are some ideas you guys have for a Warioware TV show? Maybe every episode Wario has this master plan to get rich that backfires spectacularly at the end. A show just focused on Ashley and Red could work well too since they have a pretty interesting dynamic.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
What's the name of Ashley's other theme (the one used in the 3DS theme and in her Gold character trailer) and when was it first used? It's pretty catchy so I hope it sneaks its way in WW Switch :p

Also completely unrelated but what are some ideas you guys have for a Warioware TV show? Maybe every episode Wario has this master plan to get rich that backfires spectacularly at the end. A show just focused on Ashley and Red could work well too since they have a pretty interesting dynamic.
Pretty sure it's Ashley's Halloween

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrNU93mW06A

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Hoping Warioware Switch gets announced tomorrow!
I've been pretty preoccupied alternating between CTR and Fire Emblem: Three Houses, but I would make time for a new WarioWare!

I'm gonna try not to get my hopes up, but that Vergeben leak that came out around E3 (and, so far, its contents have been pretty trustworthy) also said that a new WW and 2D Metroid were prepped for an announcement sometime this year. If this ends up being the case, well, there's two more games I gotta buy.

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna try not to get my hopes up, but that Vergeben leak that came out around E3 (and, so far, its contents have been pretty trustworthy) also said that a new WW and 2D Metroid were prepped for an announcement sometime this year.
He didn't say anything about their release timing beside a vague statement that he heard about WarioWare Switch "for a while" but I'm feeling unreasonably confident about a warioware announcement regardless

I didn't feel like bumping this thread while it was going, but mariowiki brought back the "favourite Wario character" category for its yearly polls this year. Here are the results
1567547314909.png

P47

Smash Apprentice
He didn't say anything about their release timing beside a vague statement that he heard about WarioWare Switch "for a while" but I'm feeling unreasonably confident about a warioware announcement regardless

I didn't feel like bumping this thread while it was going, but mariowiki brought back the "favourite Wario character" category for its yearly polls this year. Here are the results
9-Volt at 3 surprised me. I know people love his microgames but I never really cared much for him as a character. Glad to see Orbulon get some love though
Also 5-Volt at 5 is a helluva coincidence

P47

Smash Apprentice
Nothing Wario related unfortunately but with more DLC coming outside of the FP I hope people start speculating about Ashley and Red again

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Here's my two cents:

When Sakurai talked about the new DLC in the Banjo-Kazooie spotlight, he seemed to emphasize the special position Smash Ultimate is in, where this prestigious and ridiculous level of crossover madness has been reached - the levels of which will never be reached again - and so they're going all out with insane character picks from throughout the history of gaming. To prevent myself from getting my hopes up, I'm choosing to believe that his remarks mean that the remainder of this game's DLC will be just as off the wall as the first Fighter Pass has been.

On the flipside, he made sure to emphasize that the future of Smash, post-Ultimate, will feature significantly less worlds colliding with each other. That is where our day in the sun will more than likely be, IMO, because the focus will no longer be on bringing everyone back, or putting in the craziest and least predictable characters ever, but on trimming the fat and bringing the focus back to Nintendo (well, at least putting a bigger spotlight on Nintendo than Ultimate has provided).

I suppose, so long as DLC is made, there is always the slight chance that Ashley will make the cut. But, at this rate, we're more likely to see Gordon Freeman, or The Heavy from TF2, or Cuphead, or Earthworm Jim, or Steve, or Sub-Zero, or any number of completely out-of-left-field choices that I never would have even considered in the running to be a Smash character when I was a wee lad playing Melee with my brother.

As far as today's Smash-related releases, I have finally bought my first two pieces of Ultimate DLC, in the form of Banjo-Kazooie and the Sans Mii Costume. BK is the first and currently only Fighter Pass character to excite me in any way, shape, or form, and Sans...well, I've got a soft spot for memes.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Here's my two cents:

When Sakurai talked about the new DLC in the Banjo-Kazooie spotlight, he seemed to emphasize the special position Smash Ultimate is in, where this prestigious and ridiculous level of crossover madness has been reached - the levels of which will never be reached again - and so they're going all out with insane character picks from throughout the history of gaming. To prevent myself from getting my hopes up, I'm choosing to believe that his remarks mean that the remainder of this game's DLC will be just as off the wall as the first Fighter Pass has been.

On the flipside, he made sure to emphasize that the future of Smash, post-Ultimate, will feature significantly less worlds colliding with each other. That is where our day in the sun will more than likely be, IMO, because the focus will no longer be on bringing everyone back, or putting in the craziest and least predictable characters ever, but on trimming the fat and bringing the focus back to Nintendo (well, at least putting a bigger spotlight on Nintendo than Ultimate has provided).

I suppose, so long as DLC is made, there is always the slight chance that Ashley will make the cut. But, at this rate, we're more likely to see Gordon Freeman, or The Heavy from TF2, or Cuphead, or Earthworm Jim, or Steve, or Sub-Zero, or any number of completely out-of-left-field choices that I never would have even considered in the running to be a Smash character when I was a wee lad playing Melee with my brother.

As far as today's Smash-related releases, I have finally bought my first two pieces of Ultimate DLC, in the form of Banjo-Kazooie and the Sans Mii Costume. BK is the first and currently only Fighter Pass character to excite me in any way, shape, or form, and Sans...well, I've got a soft spot for memes.
Actually, about what Sakurai said...

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I do believe it's possible for assist trophies to get promoted into playable fighters now that we're in wave 2 of DLC. As unlikely as it may seem, I hope both Waluigi and Ashley get promoted in the future DLC.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Actually, about what Sakurai said...
Be that as it may, Smash Ultimate has had a huge focus on being a gigantic crossover event, and Smash DLC has been a completely ridiculous free-for-all that took the crossover nature of Ultimate and ran with it. And Nintendo still chose to leave in that bit - albeit translated (and the quality of the translation, I'm not privy to) - where he describes his mindset on Ultimate's DLC. Sure, Sakurai hasn't explicitly stated whether or not the second wave of DLC will continue this crossover-focused trend, but as of now, I simply think it's safe to assume that things will keep going the way they've been going.

All that being said, I want things to change. I want Wave 2 to be Nintendo characters, specifically Assist Trophy promotions (with Ashley and Waluigi on the top of that pile, of course [and also a Three Houses character, too, please]). But we probably aren't going to get any idea of the bigger picture until they start talking about Wave 2.

P47

Smash Apprentice
Hm do you know who'd be perfect for this? :ohwell:
the Ashley Train begins once again
why.png
this is easily the worst thing I've ever made dear god

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Be that as it may, Smash Ultimate has had a huge focus on being a gigantic crossover event, and Smash DLC has been a completely ridiculous free-for-all that took the crossover nature of Ultimate and ran with it. And Nintendo still chose to leave in that bit - albeit translated (and the quality of the translation, I'm not privy to) - where he describes his mindset on Ultimate's DLC. Sure, Sakurai hasn't explicitly stated whether or not the second wave of DLC will continue this crossover-focused trend, but as of now, I simply think it's safe to assume that things will keep going the way they've been going.

All that being said, I want things to change. I want Wave 2 to be Nintendo characters, specifically Assist Trophy promotions (with Ashley and Waluigi on the top of that pile, of course [and also a Three Houses character, too, please]). But we probably aren't going to get any idea of the bigger picture until they start talking about Wave 2.
Regardless whether third-parties are involved or not, it's still a crossover.

I mean, you got :ultmario: going on adventures with the :ultzelda: cast, while some of Nintendo's biggest villains co-exist in the same universe. :ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultridley::ultkrool: Not to mention the sheer absurdity of :ultvillager:, :ultwiifittrainer: and the :ultduckhunt: dog interacting with each other.

I imagine that this next wave would mostly be something of a buffer period, until they can afford managing to secure negotiations for some more third parties. But yeah, it's nothing but conjecture at this stage.

Sadly, I still don't think ATs will stand a chance, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Regardless whether third-parties are involved or not, it's still a crossover.

I mean, you got :ultmario: going on adventures with the :ultzelda: cast, while some of Nintendo's biggest villains co-exist in the same universe. :ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultridley::ultkrool: Not to mention the sheer absurdity of :ultvillager:, :ultwiifittrainer: and the :ultduckhunt: dog interacting with each other.

I imagine that this next wave would mostly be something of a buffer period, until they can afford managing to secure negotiations for some more third parties. But yeah, it's nothing but conjecture at this stage.

Sadly, I still don't think ATs will stand a chance, but we'll see.
You get what I'm saying, though. Yes, Smash, at its core, is a Nintendo crossover event. But I was referring to how Smash Ultimate took the "guest appearance" concept started in Brawl and cranked it up to eleven. And, until we see evidence of the contrary, I'm going to prepare for the very real possibility that Sakurai intends to continue down that path.

And, again, if the opposite happens, then awesome, because I'm sick of not wanting to buy the DLC, and more Nintendo fighters means a higher likelihood of me caring.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In any case, Nintendo would at least want a handful of their recent products to get some sort of promotion, after Sakurai gets his own wishlist in. Quid pro quo, otherwise they wouldn't have planned DLC against Sak's will.

Heck, Mortal Kombat has reached the point where people just want Netherrealm to have faith in their own goddamn product instead of dedicating half of its DLC content to guests that won't come back anyway, barely fit in, or both. But that's neither here nor there.

Just like the FP supposedly being the end, this may be yet another case of jumping to conclusions. Best to wait and see rather than immediately assume it'll be nothing but increasingly expensive third parties.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Hey guys! I haven't post anything here for a while but I wanted to share my Smashified version of Ashley that I did to celebrate the announcement of more characters coming to Smash. Who knows maybe with enough support we could reach our goal!

Here's my original tweet if you want to share it:
https://twitter.com/Leehzart1/status/1170790891629531138?s=20
I dig what you did with her design! The shoes give her more of a fantasy vibe, and it's funny how just two of those little hair spikies can put her physical appearance more in line with the song lyrics about not combing her hair. Solid work, I'd say!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

:( This sounds like it’s all 3rd party again

Top Bottom