• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
So... with rumors of Waluigi being DLC revitalizing... I think it's time to make a push to support Ashley. The time is just right to ask for her. Ask for a new Wario Ware switch, ask for her to be in mario maker, ask for her to get her own game, and of course, ask for her to be in Smash.

It may not be much but I will be writting an email to nintendo by tomorrow. Who else wanna join?
Is the Waluigi stuff floating around again? At this point I feel really doubtful about it but on the bright side if Sakurai ever does change his mind about him, it would shatter the "No AT Promotions in the same game" precedent and Ashley's odds will skyrocket given her general popularity.

Of course, I'd prefer it if Ashley herself got to be the one to break the precedent instead.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Is the Waluigi stuff floating around again? At this point I feel really doubtful about it but on the bright side if Sakurai ever does change his mind about him, it would shatter the "No AT Promotions in the same game" precedent and Ashley's odds will skyrocket given her general popularity.

Of course, I'd prefer it if Ashley herself got to be the one to break the precedent instead.
The possibility of it happening is small, but Waluigi getting in would pretty much revitalize support for other assist trophies. Of course I'm doubtful that he and other assist trophies will get promoted but I'm hoping that a miracle happens.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I'd be down for Waluigi to get promoted, but I still think it's wishful thinking. I'd absolutely love to be wrong, and I don't think it's impossible for ATs to get promoted. I just don't want to put a lot of stock into a concept that has neither been proven nor disproven, especially given how third-party-heavy Smash DLC tends to be.

Of course, Ashley would be the preferable AT promotion option, out of sheer selfishness, but the insane vitriol around Waluigi is so ridiculous that I can't help but wait for the day it comes crashing down.

Even if Waluigi made it in, it isn't like it wouldn't help Ashley. A lot of the support last year seemed to have come from people who weren't huge fans of the character, per se, so much as people who predicted she might make it. If we find ourselves in that predicament again (where the Internet sees Ashley as a likely candidate), then Nintendo's more likely to notice the interest in the character.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
Well guys, I wrote my mail... I sent it to Nintendo via this form: https://www.nintendo.com/corp/webform.jsp

In my mail I said how much I like Wario games, how much I want to see their characters in other crossovers, and of course how Ashley is my favorite Nintendo character and I want to see many games with her, even her own game! (Oh, and also that I want her in Smash, of course...)

Not sure if it will accomplish much but I feel a little better knowing I did a small part to support Ashley.

Last edited:

P47

Smash Apprentice
Here's a quick meme I whipped up:
It seems like something she'd do tbh

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
To everyone liking my post... I hope you are also sending emails of your own!

Ashley will never get in Smash unless we ask for her. Don't let complacency ruin her chances again. Support her now.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Well guys, I wrote my mail... I sent it to Nintendo via this form: https://www.nintendo.com/corp/webform.jsp

In my mail I said how much I like Wario games, how much I want to see their characters in other crossovers, and of course how Ashley is my favorite Nintendo character and I want to see many games with her, even her own game! (Oh, and also that I want her in Smash, of course...)

Not sure if it will accomplish much but I feel a little better knowing I did a small part to support Ashley.
God bless friendo

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To everyone liking my post... I hope you are also sending emails of your own!

Ashley will never get in Smash unless we ask for her. Don't let complacency ruin her chances again. Support her now.
Finally, someone who gets it.

The :ultbanjokazooie: fans got who they wanted through fierce and frequent dedication, despite their series being dead. :ultridley:and :ultkrool: go without saying. The WW series briefly being on hiatus in the Wii U era has done nothing to increase Ashley's chances, and people thought her popularity would let her get in regardless, which didn't work partly since Nintendo themselves are hesitant in fully using Takeuchi's characters in non-WW things.

While I won't be involved in this campaign, I trust in folks like you to make sure a certain someone won't be :ultwario:-lone any longer.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
E-mails are good, but I never really tried to support anything similarly to that. Other than the "Remake Quest 64" petition I made at some point, anyway.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
While I won't be involved in this campaign, I trust in folks like you to make sure a certain someone won't be :ultwario:-lone any longer.
Well I wouldn't call it a campaign since as far as I know only I have done it lol. Thanks for the encouragement anyways.

By the way, has Nintendo responded to that e-mail yet?
Nope. It says right in the page that they do not respond, but that they do indeed read. I hope it has gotten to someone's eyes.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Just found about this wind waker mod and i'm gobsmacked
Portions of this video felt like it was one step away from going full creepypasta(Especially as the mod starts to differentiate more and more from the original game), but that actually does lead to a rather neat tone. It's the sort of tone you would expect for a full blown Ashley game, minus the whole mod element.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I haven't seen many skins in actions, bar Medli... and obviously Toon Link himself.

I love that more and more skins are getting made. I even heard someone working on a Brian skin(I guess it stopped or something? I dunno). I wouldn't mind seeing Ashley in ALTTP Randomizer too. Though I guess her bunny sprite could be her little devilish helper. There might be a better option, though.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, now that mod trailer is really making me hunger for an Ashley game that paints the world of Mario in a slightly more creepy light, even if it's just aesthetically. Idk, Ashley strikes me as the sort of character that would view the world in a much darker light than everyone else.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know what? I'd actually be okay with Nintendo C&Ding this one, as long as this makes them realise that fans want to play a game starring Ashley. Lord knows no one in the company commits to actually using Ashley in a big way beyond cameos except the Warioware staff.

Have any Zelda mods gotten a takedown notice before?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know what? I'd actually be okay with Nintendo C&Ding this one, as long as this makes them realise that fans want to play a game starring Ashley. Lord knows no one in the company commits to actually using Ashley in a big way beyond cameos except the Warioware staff.

Have any Zelda mods gotten a takedown notice before?
While I would want Nintendo to take notice of the desire for an Ashley, I don't think C&D would be necessary for that to happen. I also haven't heard many cases of Nintendo C&Ding stuff like this as of recently. In general, it seems Nintendo are being a little bit more kind to these sort of fan projects. Could be wrong though, I am not all knowing on what Nintendo has done in regard to take downs.

SniperGabe

Smash Cadet
I don't think Nintendo has ever C&D'd mods, but I at least hope Nintendo takes notice of the (little, I haven't seen much) recognition that this mod giving to the best witch

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Y'know I first misread "Redeads" as "Rednecks". Wouldn't that be an odd course to take for an Ashley game? lol

Neat mod, though.
It would certainly be the most modern witch hunt I've ever seen.

While we are on this topic, what would you guys want from an Ashley game? Concept, gameplay, aesthetic, etc.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It does. That would be Marisa.
Glad I remembered that much. Now that I think back, Ashley did have that minigame back in Game & Wario that was kinda like a bullet hell(Except, you know, lacking most of the hell part). I just wonder who her enemies would be, as properties like Touhou seem to value the character you face off against.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, welp. I thought this was just a continuation of Wind Waker Randomizer, not a separate romhack. >.<

Still, super awesome. I love seeing these kinds of things(Wahcarina of Time being another neat one).

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
While we are on this topic, what would you guys want from an Ashley game? Concept, gameplay, aesthetic, etc.
One idea I had was something like Earth Defense Force (or the x360/ps3 iron man game, if anyone played that) where you'd fight a lot of enemies on big open maps and Ashley could get on her broom for fast travel and use her magic blasts for Game & Wario, but also throw vehicles around with telekinesis, mind control things, use pyrokinesis... etc. Basically give her all the psychic powers and make her Akira-level of overpowered

Last edited:

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
Excuse my french but this is FRICKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what we need in the Ashley community now... high effort projects to share with the world and convince everyone that the potential for Ashley is there.

And now I feel like a huge hypocrite because I haven't put nearly enough effort into supporting Ashley...

I know it might seem like I am jumping on the mod bandwagon but... I would love a Zelda style action adventure game for Ashley! I've always thought of Ashley as being the intellectual type, so solving puzzles would be right up her alley. You could also interact with the other residents of Diamond City to solve sidequests... and maybe we could get to learn about Ashley's past?

One idea I had was something like Earth Defense Force (or the x360/ps3 iron man game, if anyone played that) where you'd fight a lot of enemies on big open maps and Ashley could get on her broom for fast travel and use her magic blasts for Game & Wario, but also throw vehicles around with telekinesis, mind control things, use pyrokinesis... etc. Basically give her all the psychic powers and make her Akira-level of overpowered
Sounds awesome! I've had a similar idea for a while that a Wario Warriors game would be awesome. All the Warioware employees plus Captain Syrup and the rest of the Wario Land cast joining forces to beat baddies together... Awesome ain't it? Plus with a name like "Wario Warriors" you know it's destined for greatness!

BTW, it is nice to see the thread being active! I have been thinking... maybe we should change the thread title into something less pessimistic? Like, The Witch Strikes Back or something... I think we need to set a different mood in here!

Edit: Oh and I noticed I said "awesome" way too much. Welp, I can't help it since Ashley is so awesome!

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Maybe a Metroidvania style game with different abilities like Aria of Souls / Order of Ecclesia / Bloostained?

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman

Following your lead, today I was informed the new Dr. Mario game has a Feedback section so I'll download the app for the express purpose of telling Nintendo I need M.D Ashley and also a threat to firebomb NOA's headquarters if Crazy Galaxy isn't made into a real game

Last edited:

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
Following your lead, today I was informed the new Dr. Mario game has a Feedback section so I'll download the app for the express purpose of telling Nintendo I need M.D Ashley and also a threat to firebomb NOA's headquarters if Crazy Galaxy isn't made into a real game
Wow I didn't know that... after reading your post I downloaded the app and sent a feedback already (asking for Ashley and also Lip, I mean, Dr. Lip in a Puzzle game? Should happen!), so thanks for sharing!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One game I remember is a MegaMan clone called Krion Conquest. It's basically a witch instead of MegaMan, with similar abilities/bosses/etc.

You could potentially look for a similar idea for a fun Ashley spin-off or romhack.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
For some reason, even though I barely know anything about the game, my mind has been wondering how an Ashley game similar to the Alice games would work. Maybe it's due to the art style those games have and my desire to see a slightly more twisted interpretation of Mario's world(Doubt they would go as far as those games though).

SniperGabe

Smash Cadet
Oh also, for an Ashley game, I would agree about it playing like Zelda, unless they wanna go the classic route and make a Zelda style game with Ashley that controls like Pumpkin Panic.
I also had an idea that it could play like Kid Icarus: Uprising, flying sections on a broom, land sections for fighting and funny banter between Ashley and Red!
Although, someone is making an Ashley game, where it's a platformer, but you can also use attacks. It reminds me of Shantae even though I've never played Shantae

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I would love a promote assist trophies pass with waluigi and ashley(you can have what you want for the 3 others especially if dante got in)but i doubt it will happen.
Since wario is already a spin off of mario that would make an ashley game a spin off of a spin off . That's quite confusing but if that mean more ashley then bring it on!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What do you guys think would be the Mario spin off series that Ashley has the best chance of appearing in? I have the feeling it would be a sports game, specifically baseball.

Top Bottom