• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I beat Ashley's spirit last night. It was pretty funny as Red Ridley killed himself.
I couldnt tell if Red was affected by the reverse curse thing because he kept killing himself on me too. I heard Ashleys spirit was hard and I didnt find it too difficult. Regardless, Im glad she was cool enough to warrant legend status.

Greedy

Smash Rookie
NNID
WarriorWare
Now hold on a moment. It's possible that if the first fighter pass performs well a second one will be made. Which will give Ashley (And other AT characters) a second chance.
Don't hold your breath, man. That pass could have a 100% attach rate and Nintendo could still be like "nah, we're done." Nintendo has always been more than willing to throw money away by refusing to continue support of a game for more than a year no matter how successful it is.

If you don't want Joker, don't buy Joker. It's pointless to eat dirt for a company in hopes they'll do something for you in return. They won't. Given how often Sakurai grandstands about the pain Smash puts him through, it's even less likely.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Don't hold your breath, man. That pass could have a 100% attach rate and Nintendo could still be like "nah, we're done." Nintendo has always been more than willing to throw money away by refusing to continue support of a game for more than a year no matter how successful it is.

If you don't want Joker, don't buy Joker. It's pointless to eat dirt for a company in hopes they'll do something for you in return. They won't. Given how often Sakurai grandstands about the pain Smash puts him through, it's even less likely.
It's his job. He's allowed to jokingly complain about his job the same as everyone else. Sometimes I feel that the smash community takes Sakurai's word too seriously.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
You don't know how much I agree with this.

It's his job. He's allowed to jokingly complain about his job the same as everyone else. Sometimes I feel that the smash community takes Sakurai's word too seriously.
Sure, but he stopped being funny a decade ago.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
In exciting WarioWare news, the Feb. 2019 issue of Nintendo Dream magazine is going to have an in-character QA with Ashley and Mona

did they start a band?
That's cute. Shame I'll probably never be able to read it.

In other news, I made a DLC prediction image for fun, this is what I got

Smash DLC Prediction.png

Curious to see how close I get.

Last edited:

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
That's cute. Shame I'll probably never be able to read it.
I know a Japanese guy on the super mario wiki who subs to the magazine so I'll see if he's willing to post the material.

For some reason, Nintendo has just put up new art of Santa!Ashley on the japanese WarioWare Gold site. Wonder if her speech bubble says something different.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ashley is one of those characters who I think it's only a matter of time for. Unfortunately, I think she was snubbed for this game because Game and Wario was an absolutely garbage game that not only sold terribly but was dumped on hard by critics with most agreeing it was by far the worst in the series. If Wario Ware Gold had released in like 2016, I think the situation would be much different.

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Ashley is one of those characters who I think it's only a matter of time for. Unfortunately, I think she was snubbed for this game because Game and Wario was an absolutely garbage game that not only sold terribly but was dumped on hard by critics with most agreeing it was by far the worst in the series. If Wario Ware Gold had released in like 2016, I think the situation would be much different.
I agree. Despite her being an up-and-coming character with plenty of exposure between Smash 4 and Ultimate, her most recent home outing at the time spelled uncertainty for WarioWare. And to make matters worse, the competition for unique newcomers this time around was fierce, driven even further by the fact that there were only six unique newcomers, all of whom earned their positions for different reasons.

So long as WW games keep getting made, I'm sure Ashley will happen, like you said. And although it's only speculation at this point, an Ashley spin-off game would certainly speed up the process.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Thanks for your words of support. Im not quite sure if Gold coming out earlier wouldve landed her spot with how exclusive the roster picks were this time around, but I do believe she's got a great chance of getting into Smash 6 if Ware Switch follows the trend of main series selling great on that console.

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
I never thought Ashley was particularly likely (but like, not a completely unreasonable want either) because imo, she hasn't quite broken out of being just a popular side-character in a series that hasn't done too well in the past decade (though at least WarioWare Gold is a modest success in Japan). For her to get in, I think any of these three scenarios need to happen:

-Crazy Galaxy is Real (and presumably not some throwaway eshop thing)
-Ashley becomes a proeminent character in other ways (ex: Mario Kart, party etc)
-The probable Switch WarioWare is a big success and elevates the series the same way Fire Emblem Awakening did (I see this as the most probable scenario)

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
I never thought Ashley was particularly likely (but like, not a completely unreasonable want either) because imo, she hasn't quite broken out of being just a popular side-character in a series that hasn't done too well in the past decade (though at least WarioWare Gold is a modest success in Japan). For her to get in, I think any of these three scenarios need to happen:

-Crazy Galaxy is Real (and presumably not some throwaway eshop thing)
-Ashley becomes a proeminent character in other ways (ex: Mario Kart, party etc)
-The probable Switch WarioWare is a big success and elevates the series the same way Fire Emblem Awakening did (I see this as the most probable scenario)
I disagree with this reasoning. Lots of characters were in smash before being popular. I am not sure why the bar is suddenly insurmountably high for any character that Sakurai decides to snub.

Last edited:

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
I disagree with this reasoning. Lots of characters were in smash before being popular. I am not sure why the bar is suddenly insurmountably high for any character that Sakurai decides to snub.
I'm not dumb enough to pretend which character gets in Smash is an exact science, especially when a lot of it involves timing issues and corporate politics invisible to the average message board dweller. But I don't think I'm saying anything unreasonble when stating that Ashley ultimately isn't that visible or important in the grand scheme of things, and that she'd probably have been considered more if she was in succesful games rather than her last major role being in a bad game that sold poorly (as was the case when smush's project plan was completed).

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Took an Ashley Mii online for the first time and first match was against Bayonetta. Chuckled a bit at that match-up.

(Bayo was no match for Ashley)

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
Happy new year to all!

I hope this year spells something good for the little witch!

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Hello Ashley fans. I am here to inform you on a new movement that could help benefit you and other deconfirmed characters a lot. It's called #UpgradeAssists and it's been getting bigger as of late. The idea is that we would bring up arguments as to why that character should be playable or just talking about them with the hashtags #UpgradeAssist and #AssistAlliance. Even if you don't have a Twitter, you can join the server listed below to learn aways of how to push your character. We are low on Ashley fans, so yeah.

It's a server and Twitter community all about supporting the idea of AT's and deconfirmed characters being promoted to playable or just still talking about them for the future to come. I advise all of you to join this server and help fight for their cause. It could benefit us for future Smashes if we do everything they say. See you all there.

https://discord.gg/pHF5jgf
This is great. We assist trophy supporters need to stick together.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is great. We assist trophy supporters need to stick together.
Indeed. As a united force, we should help spread positivity and prove that we just want our favorite characters playable.

And who here is in the Ashleycord? I would like one of you to spread the word and link to them so they can get involved.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Hello Ashley fans. I am here to inform you on a new movement that could help benefit you and other deconfirmed characters a lot. It's called #UpgradeAssists and it's been getting bigger as of late. The idea is that we would bring up arguments as to why that character should be playable or just talking about them with the hashtags #UpgradeAssist and #AssistAlliance. Even if you don't have a Twitter, you can join the server listed below to learn aways of how to push your character. We are low on Ashley fans, so yeah.

It's a server and Twitter community all about supporting the idea of AT's and deconfirmed characters being promoted to playable or just still talking about them for the future to come. I advise all of you to join this server and help fight for their cause. It could benefit us for future Smashes if we do everything they say. See you all there.

https://discord.gg/pHF5jgf
I joined! (^o^)

I think we should start a catchy new hash tag to help out Ashley too! How does #AshleyForSmashley sound everyone???

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I joined! (^o^)

I think we should start a catchy new hash tag to help out Ashley too! How does #AshleyForSmashley sound everyone???
#AshleyForSmashley

I support this tag a lot.

I love it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Been a long time since I chatted in here. How have you guys been? Activity has certainly went down a bit.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Been a long time since I chatted in here. How have you guys been? Activity has certainly went down a bit.
I think most discussion has migrated to the discords. I would like to stress that keeping discussion visible in forums like this is important as well because it's actually public.

In other news, I really should get back on my moveset... Once my computer's fixed I'll get right on it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think most discussion has migrated to the discords. I would like to stress that keeping discussion visible in forums like this is important as well because it's actually public.

In other news, I really should get back on my moveset... Once my computer's fixed I'll get right on it.
Never been the most active on Discord, so I would not know. Actually, I don't think I am even apart of the Ashley Discord, now that I think about it. We should bring back at least some chatting to this forum, it's currently the online equivalent of a ghost town.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I'm doing good, thanks for asking! It's honestly a big part of the reason that I haven't been active here too much: my personal life's keeping me busy, haha.

As far as Discord goes, I am technically a part of it, but can never bring myself to get too active because the constant notifications just irritate me, haha.

In my spare time, I am working on a little project that I like to call "my ideal Smash Bros sequel". It's fun trying to compile a somewhat realistic roster of characters, stages, items, modes, etc., and then depressing to realize it'll never happen.

Of course, a playable Ashley is a fixture of any draft I come up with.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm doing good, thanks for asking! It's honestly a big part of the reason that I haven't been active here too much: my personal life's keeping me busy, haha.

As far as Discord goes, I am technically a part of it, but can never bring myself to get too active because the constant notifications just irritate me, haha.

In my spare time, I am working on a little project that I like to call "my ideal Smash Bros sequel". It's fun trying to compile a somewhat realistic roster of characters, stages, items, modes, etc., and then depressing to realize it'll never happen.

Of course, a playable Ashley is a fixture of any draft I come up with.
Same on the notifications. Anytime I get back on I have 100+ of those things waiting for me.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Same on the notifications. Anytime I get back on I have 100+ of those things waiting for me.
Muting a server is an option or just taking away all notification sounds in your settings.

But yeah, the place has gotten bigger when AshleyCord and AshleyWare teamed up with #AssistAlliance as of late. As well as NintenZ pushing her on Twitter more. So more effort is put into keeping her in the public eye.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Does anyone else find it kinda funny that the top potential newcomers of the two Mario based franchises that branched out(Yoshi and Wario) are a wizard and witch respectively?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Does anyone else find it kinda funny that the top potential newcomers of the two Mario based franchises that branched out(Yoshi and Wario) are a wizard and witch respectively?
But... Kamek's spirit is part of the Mario series and he appears just as much there as he does in the Yoshi games these days.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
But... Kamek's spirit is part of the Mario series and he appears just as much there as he does in the Yoshi games these days.
I guess, but I always thought Kamek would be a Yoshi rep, as he did make his debut in Yoshi's Island. It also would also be nice to give another one of the original Smash series a second rep. All that would be left to do is the herculean task of getting F-Zero a second rep and then we would be golden.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, not that much.

Kamek is poorly placed franchise-wise, but he's still a Yoshi character first and foremost. Also, the Yoshi series feels magical at times.

A witch sounds pretty neat, and Wario has tons of transformations, so "magic" doesn't sound that odd.

Top Bottom