• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I've been supporting Tingle and Ashley as choices for a while now. There's a lot of fun and unique characters. Sure, many of our favorites will never get in, but I never really understood the hate towards different characters that get so beyond crazy that people make derogatory nicknames, or flame/troll others. There's no point. Not that people should like every character. That's just silly.
"Hi, it's an average smash fan here! All my favorites include everyone in the base game + Waluigi, Geno, and Isaac!"(otherwise known as heavily over-saturated in the smash community, but lets not talk about that...)But actually that's why I dislike those characters (Aside from Isaac and Geno being from games I have never played, nor do I ever plan to). Too many people constantly talking about them, and I feel things like Piranha Plant are a step in the right direction. Give basic enemies a chance more often! Dry Bones for smash!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
"Hi, it's an average smash fan here! All my favorites include everyone in the base game + Waluigi, Geno, and Isaac!"(otherwise known as heavily over-saturated in the smash community, but lets not talk about that...)But actually that's why I dislike those characters (Aside from Isaac and Geno being from games I have never played, nor do I ever plan to). Too many people constantly talking about them, and I feel things like Piranha Plant are a step in the right direction. Give basic enemies a chance more often! Dry Bones for smash!
I didn’t think it was possible to disagree with so many words at the same time.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
Listen, I’m just stating my opinion about characters I see pop up way too often in smash discussion.
I can agree with you on that one. The smash community loves bandwagoning a few characters while dismissing all other as illegitimate. "Dixie is the only character missing". Really?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
For better or for worse, there are 29ish Character IDs that are currently unused in the data. At the very least, it shows that there is a possibility of going past the initial 5.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that alts do take up a slot as well as double up characters like Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer. Very likely means we won't get 29 total DLC characters but it does show they are open for more.

StormC

Smash Hero
I can agree with you on that one. The smash community loves bandwagoning a few characters while dismissing all other as illegitimate. "Dixie is the only character missing". Really?
When people say that, I think they just mean they consider Dixie the most glaring omission, or think she should have been in Smash a while ago, and not literally "don't add any more characters other than Dixie."

Euler23

Smash Cadet
Well, they are kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point. If you exclude third-parties, one-hit wonders, new Pokémon, and the next batch of Fire Emblem characters there aren’t a lot more to choose from.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well, they are kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point. If you exclude third-parties, one-hit wonders, new Pokémon, and the next batch of Fire Emblem characters there aren’t a lot more to choose from.
Are you for real? There are tons of Nintendo characters from represented franchises that are not yet in, and tons of franchises that have nothing.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I could list the nintendo characters who aren't in at this point who should be... wait a minute, that would take a while.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I had a dream last night there were on going series of Ashley and Wario and Nintendo movies. In my dream the movie I was watching was the 5th movie where Ashley had to save all the other Nintendo characters from being brainwashed by Wario with her magic, which made her immune. It was pretty cool. There were toy tie ins with mc donalds and stuff, so there was finally a bunch of Ashley merch out there to buy!

WarioWare with all it's characters could truly make for a really fun ongoing cartoon. Nintendo could make all kinds of memorabilia from it... They really are ignoring a potentially untapped market that the Pokemon Company has been abusing for years...

Nintendo, if you are reading this, when will I be able to buy my Ashley alarm clock? Or my Ashley beginner witches cookware set?

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I had a dream last night there were on going series of Ashley and Wario and Nintendo movies. In my dream the movie I was watching was the 5th movie where Ashley had to save all the other Nintendo characters from being brainwashed by Wario with her magic, which made her immune. It was pretty cool. There were toy tie ins with mc donalds and stuff, so there was finally a bunch of Ashley merch out there to buy!

WarioWare with all it's characters could truly make for a really fun ongoing cartoon. Nintendo could make all kinds of memorabilia from it... They really are ignoring a potentially untapped market that the Pokemon Company has been abusing for years...

Nintendo, if you are reading this, when will I be able to buy my Ashley alarm clock? Or my Ashley beginner witches cookware set?
Man, it's always really irritating when I have a dream that involves video games, because nine times out of ten, when I wake up, the merch in question is a figment of my imagination.

The other night, I had a dream that I was shopping at Toys R Us an hour before it closed, and they had this untapped section of really cool Nintendo stuff. I got a box set of all of Ashley's Badge Arcade badges for free, haha.

So yeah, Nintendo. I want to see an Ashley amiibo, various plushes, some gacha keychains, a Nendoroid, some figurines...

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
Fun fax: WarioWare Touched was released on December 2 2004 in Japan. Happy b-day Ashley! (and mike)

Also a month back, they announced a cross-promotion between WarioWare Gold and Band Brothers P where people could remix WarioWare songs and the winners would be made downloadable in the later game. They started to upload the entries and lemme tell you, this is a pretty damn swell medley of all the Ashley themes

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Fun fax: WarioWare Touched was released on December 2 2004 in Japan. Happy b-day Ashley! (and mike)

Also a month back, they announced a cross-promotion between WarioWare Gold and Band Brothers P where people could remix WarioWare songs and the winners would be made downloadable in the later game. They started to upload the entries and lemme tell you, this is a pretty damn swell medley of all the Ashley themes

That was a really neat mix.

Greedy

Smash Rookie
NNID
WarriorWare
There's one thing and one thing only that'll make me shut up about Ashley in Smash, and that's putting her in the game. I might live the remaining 70 or so years of my life never seeing it happen, but I won't do it silently. Her continued absence on the roster just utterly baffles me at this point.

I would buy so many Ashley amiibo, dude. I'd, like, buy one to use, one to keep in the box, and then just buy more periodically that I just give away to whoever wants them.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I could list the nintendo characters who aren't in at this point who should be... wait a minute, that would take a while.
I'll do it for you:

Dixie Kong
Pig Ganon
Captain Toad/Toadette
Waluigi
Paper Mario
Impa
Bandana Dee
Porky Minch
Ninten
Masked Man
Krystal
Skull Kid
Ghost type Pokemon
Rock type Pokemon
Gen 3 Pokemon
Cranky Kong
Funky Kong
Lanky Kong
Tiny Kong
Elma
Rex & Pyra
Mona
Ashley
Lyn
Medusa
Viridi
Hades
Isaac
Marx
Spring Man/Girl
Black Knight
Saki Amamiya
Ray 01
Lip
Mach Rider
Ayumi Tachibana
Mike Jones
Kamek
Wart
Birdo
Tatanga
Captain Syrup

I can't seem to think who else... but I know there is a lot more.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I decided to dial down the Ashley-ness of my profile, but she's still present, and currently sitting at first place on my wishlist.

She hath officially joined my esteemed pantheon of favorite Nintendo characters, along with Porky, Marx, Snorlax, Meta Knight, Ridley, and some other ones. One of these days, she will receive easily-obtainable merchandise, and I will proudly display it next to my Snorlax plushes and Porky figurine.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
And Joker is our first DLC character! Was hoping for Erdrick for first, but I'll definitely take Joker

Euler23

Smash Cadet
So they're putting in more PlayStation characters. At least I know I don't need the Fighter Pass.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
So they're putting in more PlayStation characters. At least I know I don't need the Fighter Pass.
Now hold on a moment. It's possible that if the first fighter pass performs well a second one will be made. Which will give Ashley (And other AT characters) a second chance.

Last edited:

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
Now hold on a moment. It's possible that if the first fighter pass performs well a second one will be made. Which will give Ashley (And other AT characters) a second chance.
On the contrary, if the first pass of third parties performs well, we will never see another Nintendo character again.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
On the contrary, if the first pass of third parties performs well, we will never see another Nintendo character again.
Its still less effort to get a first party in the game. And after this round of DLC, there probably isnt that many big 3rd parties they can pull from.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
After ******* around a bit in Training, certain Pokemon and assists are not usable on certain stages. (Moon on Greatbay and Palkia on Spear Pillar being prime examples).

At the very least, it shows that conditions on assist trophies can be placed depending on the situation.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
After ******* around a bit in Training, certain Pokemon and assists are not usable on certain stages. (Moon on Greatbay and Palkia on Spear Pillar being prime examples).

At the very least, it shows that conditions on assist trophies can be placed depending on the situation.
Also, I hear that in Young Link's Classic mode he only gets Zelda assists from thoe trophies.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice

Good to know. Anyone that knew one bit of programming could have expected that.... but for some reason some people REAAAALLY latched on the "AT promotions would bug the game!" or something... Thanks for the post, I've ammo now :3

Its still less effort to get a first party in the game.
Maybe.... the hard part is getting Sakurai to do it, though.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
Ashley is probably one of the most well treated non-playable characters in the game. She has an Assist Trophy, a Mii Costume, a Four Star Sticker, and she not only has her own theme song but THREE versions of it(or atleast in smash 4 there were 3)!

Which is great and I am grateful, But still in the words of Captain Picard from Star Trek....

Euler23

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the spirit battle is pretty good. WarioWare Inc. stage and you start by fighting "Red" (mini-Ridley) while under Ashley's curse. After the Assist Trophy vanishes, the Mii Swordfighter dressed as Ashley comes out. Throughout the battle, directional controls will randomly be reversed.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Yeah, the spirit battle is pretty good. WarioWare Inc. stage and you start by fighting "Red" (mini-Ridley) while under Ashley's curse. After the Assist Trophy vanishes, the Mii Swordfighter dressed as Ashley comes out. Throughout the battle, directional controls will randomly be reversed.
That mini Ridley is relentless as ****.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Has anyone else been repping Ashley online? Might as well play Sakurais game, so Ive been maining mii swordfighter since day 1

20181211_230654.jpg

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
If you get it from World of Light, I haven't started it yet. I've been doing Classic only so far.
I dont know if you can get it from WoL, but you can get it by buying off the shop in the vault part of the main menu. Ive also heard that classic mode can randomly give it to you aswell.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I made a Mii specifically for when I get the Ashley costume, which I still don't have. I've mostly just been grinding on the Spirit Board. Collecting obscure Nintendo characters is just way too addicting, haha.

Top Bottom