• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I think we all know that the only Wario character who had a chance was Ashley.
Not 9-Volt as a “classic Nintendo amalgam”? (Granted it’s an idea from IGN back in the Brawl days...I wanna make sure I cite my sources)

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Not 9-Volt as a “classic Nintendo amalgam”? (Granted it’s an idea from IGN back in the Brawl days...I wanna make sure I cite my sources)
I think people believe Ashley was the only one with a chance because she's been shown to have more prominence than her peers outside of the games.

People have pretty much given up on a Ware rep getting in base, but maybe there's a chance of Kat&Ana get in as an Ice Echo. Or maybe Mona because of her seniority.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I think Ashley getting “disrespected” is the best thing that could happen at the moment. Ashley being the odd one out attracts attention and would naturally add more supporters. If she was revealed normally no one would question why Ashley wasn’t revealed normally and just skip over her. Like the chart said on previous pages Ashley is the only one revealed in gameplay without a name and is still not on the website. I don’t know about you guys but if it was me I would be looking up everything about the character (assuming I never became a supporter or heard of her)

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Sigh. Well we can at least hope that maybe she can be DLC and Sakurai will remove her or replace her in the assist trophy Department and promote her to playable character like I think he will With Waluigi

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Speaking of which, why have they been MIA alongside the likes of shadow and Isabelle? They couldn’t possibly be playable. Or could they?
It's kinda weird that Kat & Ana survived both Assist Trophy massacres. There's going to be 50+ Assist Trophies so we'll have to wait and see if they get promoted or not.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Ashley's response to a big wave of mandrakes or boss: "It's about to get interesting...". Good grief, she doesn't just shrug off danger, she lives for it. That's probably why she brought one to the potluck: to her it just isn't fun if there's no risk of something going horribly wrong.

With that in mind her boast of becoming the world's greatest witch comes off as something of a challenge. It just sounds so full of... defiance.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda weird that Kat & Ana survived both Assist Trophy massacres. There's going to be 50+ Assist Trophies so we'll have to wait and see if they get promoted or not.
Yeah, I wouldn't look too much into missing Assist Trophies. Remember when we did the same for Ashley? There's still many missing, like Dillon, Skull Kid, Isabelle, Sable, Saki, etc. In fact, besides Gray Fox and Ashley, did we see any returning other returning ones in the last Direct? I do kind of buy into the theory that Ashley may have been thrown in that Direct specifically to halt the support when the team realized how popular she was becoming.
I don't really see how Kat & Ana would work all that well as IC clones. I suppose there are some moves where mallets could be switch for blades, but others wouldn't, and I the changes to hitboxes would be significant.
The only "looking too much into it" that has consistently paid off so far were missing alt colors for Chrom and Dark Samus. By default, Chrom was missing from Robin's Final Smash and Dark Samus's AT was missing, but it's a less safe thing to bank on since other Final Smashes and ATs haven't been shown. It looks like we have a much fuller picture of alt colors (where's Meta Ridley tho?).

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah, I wouldn't look too much into missing Assist Trophies. Remember when we did the same for Ashley? There's still many missing, like Dillon, Skull Kid, Isabelle, Sable, Saki, etc. In fact, besides Gray Fox and Ashley, did we see any returning other returning ones in the last Direct? I do kind of buy into the theory that Ashley may have been thrown in that Direct specifically to halt the support when the team realized how popular she was becoming.
I don't really see how Kat & Ana would work all that well as IC clones. I suppose there are some moves where mallets could be switch for blades, but others wouldn't, and I the changes to hitboxes would be significant.
The only "looking too much into it" that has consistently paid off so far were missing alt colors for Chrom and Dark Samus. By default, Chrom was missing from Robin's Final Smash and Dark Samus's AT was missing, but it's a less safe thing to bank on since other Final Smashes and ATs haven't been shown. It looks like we have a much fuller picture of alt colors (where's Meta Ridley tho?).
We never actually saw Robin's Final Smash. And indeed I don't how you can translate slamming a hammer into the ground... with a katana.

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
We never actually saw Robin's Final Smash. And indeed I don't how you can translate slamming a hammer into the ground... with a katana.
Yes, I realize we never saw it. I meant that Robin’s FS wasn’t shown off and that we can NOW safely say that Chrom won’t be in it. If it actually had been shown off and Chrom wasn’t there, that would be a dramatically safer bet that Chrom was playable. It would basically be akin to saying “Kat & Ana” no longer have an Assist Trophy as opposed to it just not having been shown. Guess I made it sound like we saw it, but it doesn’t really change my point. Too many other ATs are missing to make too bold of predictions.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yes, I realize we never saw it. I meant that Robin’s FS wasn’t shown off and that we can NOW safely say that Chrom won’t be in it. If it actually had been shown off and Chrom wasn’t there, that would be a dramatically safer bet that Chrom was playable. It would basically be akin to saying “Kat & Ana” no longer have an Assist Trophy as opposed to it just not having been shown. Guess I made it sound like we saw it, but it doesn’t really change my point. Too many other ATs are missing to make too bold of predictions.
We should take this discussion to the Kat & Ana support thread, but there isn't one.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
We should take this discussion to the Kat & Ana support thread, but there isn't one.
Well, my original post was related to Ashley, but I was just making a clarification. But it is surprising Kat & Ana don’t have a thread.
It does make me curious to know how interested others here would be to see another WarioWare character besides Ashley being playable. Would people be happy to see the series further represented or would they see it has harmful to Ashley’s chances down the road?

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I was thinking of removing Ashley from my sig and replacing her with someone like say Shadow, but I just don't have the heart to do it.

And maybe because I am kinda buying the conspiracy of her AT being a fake out.
I don't have a signature here, but I plan on keeping my rotation of Ashley avatars for a while.

Perhaps I should actually make a signature for listing my most wanteds...
Far be it from me to tell you guys what to do, But I'd say keep the Ashley Avatars/Sigs. Our goal is to continue to support her and show that the interest still exists despite being an AT. I'm actually thinking of making an Ashley Avatar when I get the time to do So.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, my original post was related to Ashley, but I was just making a clarification. But it is surprising Kat & Ana don’t have a thread.
It does make me curious to know how interested others here would be to see another WarioWare character besides Ashley being playable. Would people be happy to see the series further represented or would they see it has harmful to Ashley’s chances down the road?
I think maybe it's a bit late, but if really I saw other people interested in Kat & Ana I might be tempted to start a thread.

Who would you support as another warioware character? I want Kat&Ana or Mona, though that's cuz I want more cute characters. :)

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
For better or for worse, I'm seeing people are open to the idea of Assists being promoted via DLC. So Now's as good a time as any to start campaigning for that.

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I think maybe it's a bit late, but if really I saw other people interested in Kat & Ana I might be tempted to start a thread.

Who would you support as another warioware character? I want Kat&Ana or Mona, though that's cuz I want more cute characters. :)
I would be down for Kat & Ana, Mona, or 9-Volt. Kat & Ana have been in Smash for a long time now, and it would be cool to see them move up to playable. I'm an Ice Climber fan, so I bet their dual mechanic would be fun. I'd support Mona as a major character who could represent WarioWare zaniness well. I've seen some movesets for 9-Volt that have interested me, where he could bring in retro elements of Nintendo that are worth representing but don't work so well as characters (like Hanafuda and the Ultra Hand).
As for how that would effect Ashley's chances... it shouldn't be a big deal. I don't think Sakurai thinks in terms of "series quota" as much as a lot of us do, so if he saw two WarioWare characters that he thought would make good playable characters, he would go ahead and add two. Sure, he did express concern about Fire Emblem's bloat once, but I feel the threshold would be higher than 3 WarioWare characters (more like 2.5 since Wario is also representing Mario and Wario Land, really). It didn't stop him from adding Corrin and Chrom, anyways.
So, there shouldn't be much concern supporting other WarioWare material, even though Ashley won't be playable in the base. If it gets people interested in the series, then it's actually actively good for her.

xNaz

Smash Cadet
Whose the girl next door, living in an assist trophy?

"You better vote me in, cuz I'm Ashley!"

Her life is living hell, because no one uses items!

"Unban items for next EVO please?"

Don't let yourself be fooled by the backlash from her fanbase,

"Sakurai, why do you hate Ashley?"

She sees no play at all, because items aren't fair,

"Who has times for casual **** like that?" ♫

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I would be down for Kat & Ana, Mona, or 9-Volt. Kat & Ana have been in Smash for a long time now, and it would be cool to see them move up to playable. I'm an Ice Climber fan, so I bet their dual mechanic would be fun. I'd support Mona as a major character who could represent WarioWare zaniness well. I've seen some movesets for 9-Volt that have interested me, where he could bring in retro elements of Nintendo that are worth representing but don't work so well as characters (like Hanafuda and the Ultra Hand).
As for how that would effect Ashley's chances... it shouldn't be a big deal.
Now that you bring it up, I agree that adding more Wario characters can only help Ashley. After all, getting another Wario rep could help get more people into the series, and more people would find Ashley to be a viable option for smash, thus making her more likely during dlc.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah of course we're gonna promote the Ashley discord. Now what do we name this account? Just "Ashley for Smash", "Ashley for Ultimate", Ashley Fan Page"?
Yeah Ashley for Smash is good, it gets the point across that it doesn’t necessarily apply just to Ultimate and is just an awareness campaign.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Has everyone recovered from the assist trophy massacre? lolol
Besides accepting it, I likely won't. Ashley's the only character I want left that I don't consider a pipe dream XD

It's really hit my desire to speculate.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Besides accepting it, I likely won't. Ashley's the only character I want left that I don't consider a pipe dream XD

It's really hit my desire to speculate.
honestly when I saw the Ashley assist i knew the thread went to pieces. Also has anyone been seeing that one guy on twitter who keeps on making the Ashley supporters look bad?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Did someone here already mention the quote "Nothing scares you." for Pumpkin Panic? I was under the impression that the "greatest witch" was the highest one you could get.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
honestly when I saw the Ashley assist i knew the thread went to pieces. Also has anyone been seeing that one guy on twitter who keeps on making the Ashley supporters look bad?
Really, it's just turned my speculation desire into support.

I have not. If you know who it is, you can direct them here and maybe we can have them chill a bit and join the cause to help her fandom increase.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Since it keeps getting brought up, I may as well do my own analysis on the potential reception from the fanbase in the event that Kat & Ana got promoted.

While WarioWare's cast is a generally beloved one, Kat & Ana fall behind a bit as far as popularity goes as best as I can tell. When people discuss potential new Wario characters, along with the most popular Ashley I pretty much only see 9-Volt, Mona, Jimmy T. and the odd Captain Syrup brought up. Therefore, my first point is that Kat & Ana are not considerably popular in their own series.

Kat & Ana also suffer from a similar problem that Ashley has; relative importance to their series. But unlike Ashley whose prominence has been steadily increasing, Kat & Ana have very much remained just another pair of members in the cast. The only thing they have over Ashley is seniority, and not only do I doubt the importance of that in the face of popularity but they also don't have any seniority over the other original WarioWare characters. My second point thus is Kat & Ana are no more important than any other member of their cast.

They're also... some of the most lacking in moveset potential from the series. 9-Volt could incorperate various old-school Nintendo games and products into his moveset, Mona and Jimmy T. could just have plain goofy WarioWare fun, and Ashley has magic on her side, but... What would Kat & Ana be? Just Ice Climbers but with swords? They only fill a niche that has already been filled to a brim, and even if you look at them very charitably their gimmick is still already taken by the Ice Climbers. Third point then is Kat & Ana would not be the most interesting/unique characters from their games.

And of course, they used to be Assist Trophies. There's a lot of popular characters stuck in snowglobe hell, aside for the obvious Ashley. There's Alucard, Bomberman, Ghirahim, Gray Fox, Isaac, Isabelle, Knuckles, Krystal, Lyn, Magnus, Midna, Ray MK III, Rodin, the Sablé Prince, Saki Amamiya, Shadow, Shovel Knight, Skull Kid, Starfy, Sukapon, Takamaru, Tingle, Waluigi and finally Zero.
That's 25 different characters (counting Ashley), who all seem more popular than Kat & Ana from my experience. Even if you remove the 3rd-parties on the principle that they're in different leagues, that's still 17 characters who see more anticipation than Kat & Ana. My fourth and final point taken from this is Kat & Ana are far from the most wanted characters who're stuck in Assist Trophy hell.

So, imagine the reaction to an AT who wasn't at all popular among them being promoted, and they aren't even the most popular, important or creative characters in their own series. Yeah...

WarioWare fans would be pissed that they aren't Ashley/9-Volt/Mona/Jimmy T. General Nintendo fans would be pissed that they got in before so many other great Nintendo characters. Sword haters would be pissed that there's another god damn swordfighter character. Fans of Assist Trophy'd characters would be incredibly pissed that Kat & Ana of all characters were among the first promoted.

I think Kat & Ana would stand a very good chance of becoming the most controversial pick in the series' history. They could make the reactions to R.O.B., Corrin and Bayonetta look tame and even joyful. I cannot imagine the developers being so completely ignorant of this. If they were at all smart, they would never pick them to be among the first promoted.

Last edited:

Hat Kid

Smash Cadet
I kinda havn’t... lol. I’ll be OK. But when I start remembering and seeing things like the character Roster with no hopes of Ashley I’ll get a little sad. XD

I’m also in the same boat as PerfectChaos where Ashley was the only character I really wanted that actually had a chance to join Smash (I doubt Masked Man has a chance...).

I’ve seen that guy. People keep making fun of him. I forgot his name though. I only skimmed through his twitter.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
There's a very... Very small part of me that thinks Kat and Ana haven't been revealed yet due to conspiracy theories that I'd rather not talk about. I doubt they've been cut since they are 2 time assist Trophy vets, but I do think it weird that Ashley was shown off before them

Last edited:

Hat Kid

Smash Cadet
I do think it weird that Ashley was shown off before them
Imo, it’s the “let’s kill off th Ashley Fan base asap before it gets even bigger and people don’t get their hopes up even more.” Or ripping of the bandage as others have said.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Imo, it’s the “let’s kill off th Ashley Fan base asap before it gets even bigger and people don’t get their hopes up even more.” Or ripping of the bandage as others have said.
That's really what I hope it is. Cause that does give me some slim hope that since the support was noticed that the possibility for DLC could still be on the table.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
No. Probably when I get Ultimate I'll still be bitter about it. It'll feel like going to an amusement park with a cold. In this metaphor, only DLC Ashley can cure my illness.
Since it keeps getting brought up, I may as well do my own analysis on the potential reception from the fanbase in the event that Kat & Ana got promoted.

While WarioWare's cast is a generally beloved one, Kat & Ana fall behind a bit as far as popularity goes as best as I can tell. When people discuss potential new Wario characters, along with the most popular Ashley I pretty much only see 9-Volt, Mona, Jimmy T. and the odd Captain Syrup brought up. Therefore, my first point is that Kat & Ana are not considerably popular in their own series.

Kat & Ana also suffer from a similar problem that Ashley has; relative importance to their series. But unlike Ashley whose prominence has been steadily increasing, Kat & Ana have very much remained just another pair of members in the cast. The only thing they have over Ashley is seniority, and not only do I doubt the importance of that in the face of popularity but they also don't have any seniority over the other original WarioWare characters. My second point thus is Kat & Ana are no more important than any other member of their cast.

They're also... some of the most lacking in moveset potential from the series. 9-Volt could incorperate various old-school Nintendo games and products into his moveset, Mona and Jimmy T. could just have plain goofy WarioWare fun, and Ashley has magic on her side, but... What would Kat & Ana be? Just Ice Climbers but with swords? They only fill a niche that has already been filled to a brim, and even if you look at them very charitably their gimmick is still already taken by the Ice Climbers. Third point then is Kat & Ana would not be the most interesting/unique characters from their games.

And of course, they used to be Assist Trophies. There's a lot of popular characters stuck in snowglobe hell, aside for the obvious Ashley. There's Alucard, Bomberman, Ghirahim, Gray Fox, Isaac, Isabelle, Knuckles, Krystal, Lyn, Magnus, Midna, Ray MK III, Rodin, the Sablé Prince, Saki Amamiya, Shadow, Shovel Knight, Skull Kid, Starfy, Sukapon, Takamaru, Tingle, Waluigi and finally Zero.
That's 25 different characters (counting Ashley), who all seem more popular than Kat & Ana from my experience. Even if you remove the 3rd-parties on the principle that they're in different leagues, that's still 17 characters who see more anticipation than Kat & Ana. My fourth and final point taken from this is Kat & Ana are far from the most wanted characters who're stuck in Assist Trophy hell.

So, imagine the reaction to an AT who wasn't at all popular among them being promoted, and they aren't even the most popular, important or creative characters in their own series. Yeah...

WarioWare fans would be pissed that they aren't Ashley/9-Volt/Mona/Jimmy T. General Nintendo fans would be pissed that they got in before so many other great Nintendo characters. Sword haters would be pissed that there's another god damn swordfighter character. Fans of Assist Trophy'd characters would be incredibly pissed that Kat & Ana of all characters were among the first promoted.

I think Kat & Ana would stand a very good chance of becoming the most controversial pick in the series' history. They could make the reactions to R.O.B., Corrin and Bayonetta look tame and even joyful. I cannot imagine the developers being so completely ignorant of this. If they were at all smart, they would never pick them to be among the first promoted.
I think the people pushing for Mona, JImmy, and Volt would be perfectly content with Kat and Ana getting in considering they are a part of the original 8.

I think you're being a little unfair to their moveset potential, not only do they possess a niche with just one other character, they have an assortment of animal partners who can help them fight as well.

But I agree that they don't have the necessary popularity to get them past that newcomer threshold, I think if they do get in it will be because they were a late addition as a climbers clone to appease fans of Warioware.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
I think the people pushing for Mona, JImmy, and Volt would be perfectly content with Kat and Ana getting in considering they are a part of the original 8.

I think you're being a little unfair to their moveset potential, not only do they possess a niche with just one other character, they have an assortment of animal partners who can help them fight as well.
Fair points.

I still think though that my two points on them still not being characters that people really ask for, and that they would be very strange choices when you look at all the alternatives still stand however. I simply couldn't see them happening before so many other characters, unless Sakurai was out of his mind.

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Tried to come up with a moveset incorporating as much as I could from the games as well as some skin ideas

Intro - ashley rides in on her broom and hops up. It changes to red and the two high five
Walk - based off her walk in warioware during cutscenes
Dash - rides on her broom Dash attack - drops from her broom and spins with her bunny
Jab - a 3 hit combo with her bunny
Uptilt - spins her wand above her head
Ftilt - spins her wand in front of her
Dtilt - lays on the ground, snaps her fingers creating a blast of fire
Crouch - like bayo but she lays over a book. The book poofs away when she gets up
Fsmash - a fast bolt of lightning from her wand
Dsmash - the skull book slams down in front of her
Upsmash - summons a monster plant that shoots up and chomps
Nair - spins her wand around her
Fair - shoots a purple blast from her wand that goes a short distance
Bair - a multi hit. Red stabs behind her with his trident
Dair - red stabs his trident below her
Upair - red stabs his trident several times above her
Grab pummel - red throws pumpkins at the opppnent while ashley holds them
Throws - ashley cooks the opponent in a caludron b4 launching them

Up special - does a firey loop t loop with her broom. After she falls with her umbrella
Neutral special - hex charm. Casts a purple cloud like her at. It has a debuff period after use but it remains for 10 seconds. While the opponent is in the cloud they become lighter, and their damage is reduced while ashleys damage is increased.
Down b - pumpkin toss. Ashley summons a pumpkin and throws it. It bounces along the ground. If it hits the opponent it splatters.
Side b - like pacman side b. She creates a line of pink dots and rushes forward during it. Can be aimed

Final smash - ashleys hair becomes white and she cooks the opponent in a massive cauldron as red throws in spices. The humngur then appears and eats the cauldron. Launching red and ashley away while the opponent dies

Taunt 1 - motions "shhh" while flaring her hips.
Taunt 2 - red taps ashleys shoulders and points at the opponent. Ashley nods
Taunt 3 - summons a random item from warioware that falls on red

Idle 1 - hugs her bunny
Idle 2 - flips her pigtails behind her
Idle 3 - brings her wand up to her face and shouts hocus pocus

Lose - becomes a demon like angry face like from the game while red claps for her

Attachments

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Tried to come up with a moveset incorporating as much as I could from the games as well as some skin ideas

Intro - ashley rides in on her broom and hops up. It changes to red and the two high five
Walk - based off her walk in warioware during cutscenes
Dash - rides on her broom Dash attack - drops from her broom and spins with her bunny
Jab - a 3 hit combo with her bunny
Uptilt - spins her wand above her head
Ftilt - spins her wand in front of her
Dtilt - lays on the ground, snaps her fingers creating a blast of fire
Crouch - like bayo but she lays over a book. The book poofs away when she gets up
Fsmash - a fast bolt of lightning from her wand
Dsmash - the skull book slams down in front of her
Upsmash - summons a monster plant that shoots up and chomps
Nair - spins her wand around her
Fair - shoots a purple blast from her wand that goes a short distance
Bair - a multi hit. Red stabs behind her with his trident
Dair - red stabs his trident below her
Upair - red stabs his trident several times above her
Grab pummel - red throws pumpkins at the opppnent while ashley holds them
Throws - ashley cooks the opponent in a caludron b4 launching them

Up special - does a firey loop t loop with her broom. After she falls with her umbrella
Neutral special - hex charm. Casts a purple cloud like her at. It has a debuff period after use but it remains for 10 seconds. While the opponent is in the cloud they become lighter, and their damage is reduced while ashleys damage is increased.
Down b - pumpkin toss. Ashley summons a pumpkin and throws it. It bounces along the ground. If it hits the opponent it splatters.
Side b - like pacman side b. She creates a line of pink dots and rushes forward during it. Can be aimed

Final smash - ashleys hair becomes white and she cooks the opponent in a massive cauldron as red throws in spices. The humngur then appears and eats the cauldron. Launching red and ashley away while the opponent dies

Taunt 1 - motions "shhh" while flaring her hips.
Taunt 2 - red taps ashleys shoulders and points at the opponent. Ashley nods
Taunt 3 - summons a random item from warioware that falls on red

Idle 1 - hugs her bunny
Idle 2 - flips her pigtails behind her
Idle 3 - brings her wand up to her face and shouts hocus pocus

Lose - becomes a demon like angry face like from the game while red claps for her
That is well done... now send it to Sakurai
: )

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Nope, not quite yet. Every night I have some sort of nightmare related to Ashley. But Gold is really helping me overcome it. That game is phenomenal. The presentation, the voice-acting, the gameplay, the side modes.... They're all really really fun. This and RH Megamix are compilation games done correctly. Unlike Mario Party Top 100

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I've pretty much recovered. While I still want and support Ashley, I don't feel like I need her anymore. The roster right now is really phenomenal, and if this was it, I think I'd be okay. It also helps that I have other likely choices like Bandana Dee and a Rhythm Heaven character to be excited for. I'm sure I'll still be disappointed she wasn't included for a long time, but I think I'll live. I'm also getting my hopes up for DLC so maybe that's why I'm so okay with it lol.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I've pretty much recovered. While I still want and support Ashley, I don't feel like I need her anymore. The roster right now is really phenomenal, and if this was it, I think I'd be okay. It also helps that I have other likely choices like Bandana Dee and a Rhythm Heaven character to be excited for. I'm sure I'll still be disappointed she wasn't included for a long time, but I think I'll live. I'm also getting my hopes up for DLC so maybe that's why I'm so okay with it lol.
at least someone has recovered lol

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
Just reading Ultimate information kind of hurts after the Ashley deconfirmation. I didn't know how much I really wanted her until her chances disappeared. I don't really have much else to be excited for in my life because I'm a loser, so Smash hype has been really good for me, and making fun of other people's choices has given me a lot of pleasure. I'm probably much more engaged in this Smash cycle than I was in Smash 4, and now I know how people must have felt when Ridley was revealed as a boss for Smash 4. It's a ****ty feeling. I'm still trying to look forward by rooting for characters like Karate Joe, Saki, and Rayman, but it's not the same because I wanted Ashley so much more, and the speculation about her was far more exciting.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Just reading Ultimate information kind of hurts after the Ashley deconfirmation. I didn't know how much I really wanted her until her chances disappeared. I don't really have much else to be excited for in my life because I'm a loser, so Smash hype has been really good for me, and making fun of other people's choices has given me a lot of pleasure. I'm probably much more engaged in this Smash cycle than I was in Smash 4, and now I know how people must have felt when Ridley was revealed as a boss for Smash 4. It's a ****ty feeling. I'm still trying to look forward by rooting for characters like Karate Joe, Saki, and Rayman, but it's not the same because I wanted Ashley so much more, and the speculation about her was far more exciting.
I can relate to certain things on here oof. Also it might just be me but it feels like this thread has died down a little inside

Top Bottom