• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What am I even supposed to do now? Ashley's dead, Mimikyu's dead. I guess there's still Rayman, Incineroar and Shantae but considering my luck I don't expect anything. The game looks amazing, but I suppose i'll have to look forward to modes instead of characters.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Honestly, I think we should figure out a way to ask Sakurai if he can reconsider Assist Trophies for DLC and turn them into a situation like Little Mac. As long as he says that it's possible, I'm not giving up hope on Ashley as DLC is guaranteed for this game, which may continue for a good amount of time.

I know some have said that once you're an Assist Trophy, you stay that way, but I don't believe that... at least not yet.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Was always rooting for Ashley even though I never joined the support group. Was a shame to see her presented like that. You all have my condolences, But don't let the support die. Stay strong.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Well it's been fun you guys. I'm sorry we didn't get our girl this time, but no one can deny the support was awesome. Over 200 supporters, who could had guessed. I am going to move on to the Geno and Elma threads, but I will still come here because you guys are awesome. :)

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
As upset as i am, i won't let this hinder my hype and enjoyment when it launches. Perhaps Ashley will get her chance another day

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
It’s sad, but let’s not get depressed over this. Life goes on and game is looking great.

Let’s hope for DLC now.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Honestly, guys... I'm not going to give up hope in her. If it means keeping you all together throughout the rest of Smash Ultimate's speculation period, I'm dedicated to that now that K. Rool is in.

Heck, I don't mind taking over for Ashuree for the time being if it comes down to that.

The Eternal Penguin

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I think we should figure out a way to ask Sakurai if he can reconsider Assist Trophies for DLC and turn them into a situation like Little Mac. As long as he says that it's possible, I'm not giving up hope on Ashley as DLC is guaranteed for this game, which may continue for a good amount of time.

I know some have said that once you're an Assist Trophy, you stay that way, but I don't believe that... at least not yet.
I mean if they add her as DLC than they would have to remove content that they worked on from the game. I suppose its possible, but they would have to decide if it is worth removing content in order to add her.

Of course I'll be rooting for her all they way

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Well, fair enough but she had red pupils in the direct and not the Game and Wario pupils
Yes I went back and rewatched several times and I noticed that. However that still doesn't deter me.

Let me give y'all a little history on myself. If you take a gander over at my join date, it'll say October 2008. That's right, by October of this year, I will have had an account on this site for 10 whole years. :crazy: Now some of you have many more posts than me; I haven't been the most active member on this board when compared to some others, but this place has greatly improved my game at this err, uh, game. Well what I mean to say is, I've been playing Smash for a long time, I'm truly indebted to this site for the knowledge & support it has given me over the years, and I've seriously been wanting Ashley in Smash ever since Brawl! This is, yet again, just one more setback for me to add to the pile. I didn't give up after Brawl. I didn't give up after Smash 4 was released. I didn't give up after freaking Bayonetta "Won the Ballot" :rolleyes: And so I'll be darned if I'm ever giving up now of all times! What's so hard about waiting a few more months for some good news when compared to all that? I'll cry for Ashley DLC till the day I die!! I'll even propose the preposterous: We may get another version of Ashley in the roster separate from her assist trophy.. just maybe

By this point, I'm just to darn stubborn to give up on Ashley. Ever. #AshleyFan4Life!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly, guys... I'm not going to give up hope in her. If it means keeping you all together throughout the rest of Smash Ultimate's speculation period, I'm dedicated to that now that K. Rool is in.

Heck, I don't mind taking over for Ashuree for the time being if it comes down to that.
But what are we supposed to do? Ashley's dead. It's over. We get nothing. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada. Nothing! What's the point anymore?

Last edited:

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
I can't NOT play this game, it looks too good.
But even if the pain numbs the sting of seeing Ashley as an Assist Trophy will never truly go away.
Maybe next time guys, maybe next time...
Just turn Assists off. That's what I'm going to do.

But what are we supposed to do? Ashley's dead. It's over. We get nothing. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada. Nothing! What's the point anymore?
We're supposed to act all cheerful and happy because she's an item! Even though Assists won't be DLC, we're supposed to pretend it's possible.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It doesn't change the fact that we shouldn't give up hope on her: do you know how many years it took for K. Rool and Ridley to get in? At least 10+ or even more then that and the fans finally got what they asked for after so long. Now that both of these guys are in, Ashley is now the new K. Rool and Ridley, with eyes mainly being on her because of that.

If you give up now, she's never going to get in, even if it means waiting for a new Smash game: we must keep on supporting her as K. Rool and Ridley's fans did.

Last edited:

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Ah well. I was really rooting for her (even if just recently) and was pretty bummed when she got Assist Trophied not gonna lie. But still, it was fun while it lasted, and for anyone feeling sad, my advice is this. Don't feel salty over what didn't happen, feel happy for others who did get what they want! Simon and K. Rool looks amazing and Chrom and Dark Samus are great choices for Echo Characters! It's OK to feel sad, but never forget that the game still looks amazing and that there's a ton of people that are super happy about this Direct, so take joy in their joy!

Noipoi

Howdy!
It doesn't change the fact that we shouldn't give up hope on her: do you know how many years it took for K. Rool and Ridley to get in? At least 10+ or even more then that and the fans finally got what they asked for after so long. Now that both of these guys are in, Ashley is now the new K. Rool and Ridley, with eyes mainly being on her because of that.

If you give up now, she's never going to get in, even if it means waiting for a new Smash game: we must keep on supporting her as K. Rool and Ridley's fans did.
I dunno, i'm just upset. She's the only one I really wanted, I don't know what to hope for with this game anymore.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I dunno, i'm just upset. She's the only one I really wanted, I don't know what to hope for with this game anymore.
Look, I get it: the Assist Trophy confirmation really did sting, and I know a lot of people including me weren't happy about it. But at this point, all we can do now is accept it for the time being and hopefully, with our fan outcry and support for her, we can convince Sakurai to remove her as an Assist Trophy and implement her as a fighter for DLC, for example. I suppose it makes sense to wait and see on what DLC will be like, yeah, but I'm not giving up hope.

Don't give up hope now, and I mean that.

Last edited:

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice

Agreed. After all, there is still hope for in other games like MK8DX ect.

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
You share my mindset. I find it really hard to care. Right now I don't even want to buy the game at all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My condolences to everyone in the thread, I'm so sorry. Although it does prove that Sakurai doesn't give in to pressure so easily.

In any case, let's just hope that Gold does well enough to keep Ashley and the rest of the WW crew relevant.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
God. This sucks. Getting K.Rool and Simon was awesome, but this is still very disappointing. I thought for sure Ashley would get in this time. The stars were aligned in her favor... ugh. At least there's always next time... right?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Even as unlikely as it may seem, there is always the next game.
Will there be though? Does Sakurai have to keep adding more characters? How could he top the Ultimate version of the game? The next game will have downsizing. If there was a chance of her getting in this was it.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Look, I get it: the Assist Trophy confirmation really did sting, and I know a lot of people including me weren't happy about it. But at this point, all we can do now is accept it for the time being and hopefully, with our fan outcry and support for her, we can convince Sakurai to remove her as an Assist Trophy and implement her as a fighter for DLC, for example. I suppose it makes sense to wait and see on what DLC will be like, yeah, but I'm not giving up hope.

Don't give up hope now, and I mean that.
They don’t even have to remove the AT. Just program it that it doesn’t appear when the playable character is being used in the fight.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
They don’t even have to remove the AT. Just program it that it doesn’t appear when the playable character is being used in the fight.
Exactly! That's what they should do here, honestly.

But still: I refuse for this thread to die because of what happened today: I won't stop fighting for her, and neither should you guys.

If K. Rool of all characters can finally get in because of how much fans have been wanting him, I'm damn well sure Ashley can get in too at some point.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I mean I think it’s pretty evident there is demand for her (Look at all the supporters for crying out loud)

We just have to take our next step.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
It's not over til it's over, I still have hope for now. It stings that she isn't even given credit on the assist trophy part of the site, nor did she even get a proper reveal. It may not be as good, but we can still hope for Kat & Ana.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I am so sorry to you guys. I know how passionate some of you were about Ashley and her chances of making it into the roster. I really thought she'd be added so that genuinely surprised me. But Y'all are some of the nicest people around and you can bounce back from this.
Are you the guy with the youtube channel? You are aren't you? Duuude, I've been watching your new content like mad lately :lick:
This really, really sucks man. I don't even have anyone to root for anymore.
What am I supposed to do now?
you can give me a link over to where ever you post your art becuz it is wonderful Embarrass
i realize now might not be the best time to ask you this but im afraid you might disappear for a while after this or even for good ??? (i hope not)
Well it's been fun you guys. I'm sorry we didn't get our girl this time, but no one can deny the support was awesome. Over 200 supporters, who could had guessed. I am going to move on to the Geno and Elma threads, but I will still come here because you guys are awesome. :)
I will see you over on the Geno boards :starman: I have hope for our Star warrior :starman:
Of course, you can still catch me over here as well ^^

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Being relegated to AT status for a second time sucks but if there’s a second Smash Ballot. we could possibly ask for Ashley for the next Smash game.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Honestly? My outlook is not good for a Smash 6 appearance.

Sakurai's statement on what Smash Ultimate could've been before he decided on "EVERYONE IS HERE" suggests that he has a "reboot" game in mind, slashing much of the roster and devoting focus to revamping the game itself.
I could see Wario making the transition, but... Would WarioWare be seen as needing a second rep in such a scenario? It's just... I want to believe, but I don't see it.
I disagree Smash 6 is so far off in the future I don't think we can say anything about what's going to happen then. We don't know it Sakurai will be director.

How many characters do you think we'll have in Smash Ultimate by the time DLC is finished? Probably 80 something right? If Sakurai is up to it he may have made it a lifetime goal to one day have 100 characters in Smash before he can die in peace! The man has certainly shown us dedication and I wouldn't put it past him to do so!

Even if the Roster shrinks for Smash 6 I'm sure we will still have newcomers.

aarchak

Smash Ace
Once I saw Ashley deconfirmed, I knew I had to come here and see the reaction, and man, it was way different than I expected. People were far more invested in Ashley than I thought. Wow, it's weird, because I hadn't heard of Ashley until I first saw this thread on Smashboards. However I don't think she would have much chance until the next game, as I don't think Sakurai would change her into a fighter in the same game.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Once I saw Ashley deconfirmed, I knew I had to come here and see the reaction, and man, it was way different than I expected. People were far more invested in Ashley than I thought. Wow, it's weird, because I hadn't heard of Ashley until I first saw this thread on Smashboards. However I don't think she would have much chance until the next game, as I don't think Sakurai would change her into a fighter in the same game.
Well thanks for stopping by. we had cookies but they're dead now too.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
How many characters do you think we'll have in Smash Ultimate by the time DLC is finished? Probably 80 something right? If Sakurai is up to it he may have made it a lifetime goal to one day have 100 characters in Smash before he can die in peace! The man has certainly shown us dedication and I wouldn't put it past him to do so!
If we end up with that many and we don't have Shantae or Kat&Ana playable... I'd probably be done with smash for good, considering every game after this is going to be much smaller.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
And that next step would be?
We need to start a campaign, like with what K Rool did, to let Nintendo know that we want her to be playable.

We can start a hashtag, make an account for awareness, just to help with our cause.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Seeing Ashley disconfirmed was hard. I really thought she had a good chance. I'm glad we got to speculate for so long on this thread though. The optimism here was contagious, and it was the most fun on Smashboards I've ever had. You guys made me an Ashley supporter, and for that I'm grateful. It may hurt now, but we shouldn't give up! The Ridley and King K Rool fans never gave up, and look where they're at now! If Sakurai wasn't aware of Ashley's popularity during the planning phases, he sure as heck does now! If support continues, I'm sure she'll be first in line for DLC. Having an assist trophy is not a point against her. There's is no way Sakurai would ignore a character for a silly reason like that. We've got this guys!

Saiko18

Smash Rookie
I mean, it would make sense... they deconfirmed Ashley, but showed nothing about Kat & Ana. Either they were cut, are coming for the next onslaught, or could be playable. It would definitely make up for the loss of ashley, but I refuse to get my hopes up after this direct. Adding shovel knight, zero, and ashley to the list... man that sucked.
Totally agree with you. Although I just can't see them being completely cut from the game since they became regulars as assist trophies...I guess time will only tell. I honestly couldn't see Zero ever being a playable character, so I actually thought it was pretty cool to see him as an assist. And now my next wanted character is Tails, but who knows, I'm sure Shadow would be chosen over him...

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I jumped to anger and it probably won't go away for a day or two.
Yeah, I don't feel angry right now because I do feel as if every Newcomer revealed today (Echo fighters take little development time so I consider them negligible) deserves a spot in Smash and I'm really happy for Simon and King K. Rool.

I will admit though I get the feeling in the future I'll feel angry when I see a character that doesn't please me as much get in over Ashley. I'm going to be the "Why did X character get in over Ashley?" guy.

Top Bottom