• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Remember, there's a good chance there are characters we just plain won't see until they're unlocked in-game, not to mention DLC is very, very likely to happen again. If she isn't shown this time, we can continue to hope until the game comes out, and if not that, until we get the final DLC character (if any.)
Oh, I agree. Even if she's not shown today her chances are still good, and there's no way that Nintendo isn't going to do DLC for some characters.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
tenor.gif

Almost time, let's see how many characters will end up in the disconfirmed graveyard. Hopefully not our little witch!

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
I have a big smile on my face seeing all these excited reaction images and seeing how happy everyone is. I hope it pays off for all of us.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well: I'm going to be disappearing before the direct starts, but I hope Ashley gets in and if not, she makes it through any Assist Trophy segments! See you all on the other side!

Euler23

Smash Cadet
Less than 15 minutes until the direct and I can’t watch it live at work. I don’t want spoilers and I can’t watch it at lunch, so I’ll be shutting off all social media for the next 6 hours. It’s been fun, and I look forward to seeing y’all on the other side.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It still would be odd for Nintendo to promote Ashley as much as they did if they weren't going to do anything with her. Nintendo doesn't do things without reason.

Five minutes remain. I'm cautiously optimistic, but honestly, I'll be happy if she's not shown at all as that means she still has a chance rather than be shown as an assist.

And I wish there was a way to disable the chat on the livestream.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Oh boy here's the assist trophies.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Still an assist trophy :(.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
It sucks that Ashley isn't in. That K. Rool reveal made up for it, personally, but I'm sorry that you all didn't get what you wanted.

If DLC is announced, I know who to rally behind, in spite of her role as an Assist. If Ridley and K. Rool can get in Smash, so can Ashley! It'll just take a little longer!

Pinkanator

Smash Rookie
I could not be more sad about this. I'm in such a weird state of confused hype, sadness, and disbelief. I was sure she was in... It just doesn't make sense... All the signs... Jeez...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, that sucks. It was a slaughter this direct, but I can't say I am disappointed. I loved so much about what they showed, except for Ashley being an assist still. I don't hate assists like some other do, and I agree with Sakurai's view on the whole thing. Oh well.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Why Sakurai? Why do you do this? First bomberman, then Castlevania gets two reps, and now deconfirming Ashley? Come on, you gave us everything else we needed. Lowkey I’m still happy with k. Rool and fountain of dreams, but still, this made me sad

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I’m just confused as to what was preventing her inclusion, she had everything going for her, she wasn’t popular, she had moveset potential, she was consistently promoted by Nintendo, I’m honestly confused as to why she wasn’t included.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
This is an absolute crime punishable by law! I will not rest until Ashley is playable!

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Welp, that's the only character left I cared about disconfirmed, that's going to be a long wait till december now.

Still with Dark Samus now in, that's yet another assist trophy who made it, so it's not hopeless.

And with both Ridley and K rool in, it leaves the top spot for most wanted newcommer free for next time.

Top Bottom