• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Hat Kid

Smash Cadet
Simon would be OK. But I just want Ashley. Please Sakurai! Please please please! I don’t think Sakurai knows how happy he’d make so many of us if he made Ashley as a playable character.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Only 4 hours left (can't believe I haven't fallen asleep yet).

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
The time's surprisingly going by really fast. Almost wonder if I won't even notice that it's about to start. :laugh:

Speaking of which, anyone want to take a guess at how many users will be in this thread right when the Direct is about to start? Assuming Smashboards doesn't crash

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Speaking of which, anyone want to take a guess at how many users will be in this thread right when the Direct is about to start? Assuming Smashboards doesn't crash
My guess is around 180 - 220 users.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I came here to say pretty much the same exact line. Even if the slip up is legit (doesn't sit well with me seeing as this galaga clip has been up for a week and then all of a sudden this?) It still doesn't confirm a Castlevania character, let alone Simon. Or even a stage for that matter. Heck maybe not even a song becuz no one has actually heard it yet, there's just been temporary title change that happened and then was taken back.
Yep, wouldn’t entirely consider Simon a lock yet, and the direct would be depressing if someone really “leaked” the new fighter...

Royaru

Smash Cadet
If Ashley not appear as an AT, then, her chance could increase a lot...Totally sure that AT section will be the most tense in the whole direct

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
If Ashley not appear as an AT, then, her chance could increase a lot...Totally sure that AT section will be the most tense in the whole direct
Yup. That part may kill me, especially since most of the characters I want in general could be made into ATs

Royaru

Smash Cadet
Yup. That part may kill me, especially since most of the characters I want in general could be made into ATs
Same, it was painful to see Krystal and Sukapon as AT in the prior E3. Ultimate will have more than 50A AT , so today will see a lot of them, and many crushed dreams. I wish Ashley survive to this "slaugther"

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I really don't hope ATs are now being treated as "compensation" for those with good but not good enough ballot results. If I see another AT montage today, I'll be waiting for the end of it with bated breath.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster

The last hours are upon us and there are three outcomes for Ashley. Either she will be revealed as playable, be an assist trophy again, or neither gets confirmed and we have to wait longer. Let's see what happens!

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
You know that's how Sakurai thinks.
That I do, unfortunately. That was his mindset behind Ridley as a stage hazard in Smash 4, wasn't it? I know for certain fanbases, an AT is all they could reasonably expect, but for others like this one, it'll probably feel like an insult.

Euler23

Smash Cadet
No blog update still. Guess they’re not going to show their hand until the direct.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I still don't know why Nintendo would put all that effort into promoting Ashley and then not do anything with her. It seems like a wasted potential if she's not playable.

Even if Simon is confirmed and Ashley is not shown as AT, it still doesn't mean the hope for her is dead. The AT section is what I'm most worried about.

My prediction earlier was Ashley, Isabelle, and a third party character and that third party character is most likely going to be Simon.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Nope. Am hoping they update it sometime in this last hour. They usually give an estimated amount of time for these close to when it starts.

I'll be happy if it's 25 minutes, if not longer.
I guessed 20 mins but secretly inside I'm hoping for something longer. Hehe.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Remember, even if Ashley is not shown today, the hope still lives on. It's not over until it's over no matter what happens in the direct or what any attention-seeking leakers say.

BornWinner

Smash Rookie
1 HOUR REMAINS

Will Ashley be for Smashey or will her chances go poof?

Find out soon...

Also I just read about 100 pages of this thread to catch up. The hype train's real.

Euler23

Smash Cadet
Quality over quantity. If they can show my guy getting in, another two characters and a new adventure mode reveal in under 10 minutes, I’ll gladly take that over 45 minutes of patch notes.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's been an eventful time since I logged off last night.

My piece on the Simon thing is that we still don't know the rest of the Direct's contents. Ashley could still very well be revealed, and even if not as long as her Assist Trophy is still absent she still has a chance.

Anyway, Direct's happening in an hour. Can't wait.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
1 HOUR REMAINS

Will Ashley be for Smashey or will her chances go poof?

Find out soon...

Also I just read about 100 pages of this thread to catch up. The hype train's real.
Thats a lot of reading, thank you for the Ashley Energy!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
And remember. the music thing could be just that. Smash has had music from games without any representation before. There's also the possibility that Simon is an assist trophy, not playable. We can't assume he's playable just because a leaker said so.

I'm still hedging my bets on 3 characters reveals. Two new ones and an echo. There's still no reason not to believe in Ashley's chances.

Euler23

Smash Cadet
Regarding Assist Trophies - besides the obvious point I won’t mention I must say that if Mr. Resetti is in it, he bloody well better be one of the Assist Trophies you can kill:mad:!

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
I'm scared, you guys.
Just take deep breaths. If she's an Assist, that's it. We're done. It's been a very nice run and I've loved meeting all of you and hope to see you again in a few years. If she isn't shown whatsoever, we're not out of the woods yet. If she is shown as playable, we party. Expect to see an Assist and then just be pleasantly surprised if she doesn't show up at all.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
As long as she's not shown as an assist trophy, she still has a good chance. We'll know in thirty minutes. Even if that leak is true, there was no mention of Ashley either way, and it would make sense to reveal a similarly themed character to Simon.

But I do think this is do or die time for many characters.

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
But I do think this is do or die time for many characters.
Remember, there's a good chance there are characters we just plain won't see until they're unlocked in-game, not to mention DLC is very, very likely to happen again. If she isn't shown this time, we can continue to hope until the game comes out, and if not that, until we get the final DLC character (if any.)

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Just take deep breaths. If she's an Assist, that's it. We're done. It's been a very nice run and I've loved meeting all of you and hope to see you again in a few years. If she isn't shown whatsoever, we're not out of the woods yet. If she is shown as playable, we party. Expect to see an Assist and then just be pleasantly surprised if she doesn't show up at all.
Agreed, I tought this game speculation would be my last but I might just come back if Ashley doesn't make it and frankly if she keep making appearance like she's been the last few years there's no way she won't make it next time (and I mean who else would even be left to add by then).

As far as I'm concerned it's more a question of WHEN than IF for her.

That said I'm still crossing my fingers for this game and even more crossing my fingers for this direct.

Top Bottom