• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Hat Kid

Smash Cadet
I'm at a restaurant and the waitress serving my table has black hair and is named Ashley...
IS THIS A SIGN!?!?
I kinda had a similar scenario. Where I work I can sign up people for a program where they get discounts and stuff in store. The first and only customer that I signed up today was a girl named Ashley (Also had black hair)!

What do you guys hope her taunts will be any new Ideas?
A taunt I personally would like is if she points at you with her wand and/or gives you a dirty look and says “You must be cursed...”

Last edited:

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
Yo lads, poppin' in real quick and leaving just as fast to avoid any possible leaks simply to say

ASHLEY
FOR
SMASHLEY

TOMORROW'S HER DAY AND YOU BETTER BELIEVE THAT

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I was thinking 2 newcomers plus an echo fighter. This doesn't change that, but it gives Verge more points.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
It's going to be Simon Belmont tomorrow. Someone on /v/ noticed a massive error on Nintendo's part. Go to the Smash site, right-click on the Galaga music, and open in new tab. They've labeled it "Bloody Tears."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APSRqnT8hvo&feature=youtu.be
Welp, let's hope Ashley is still absent from assist trophies, assuming theres more shown. Or even be revealed alongside Simon. He feels like a character that would be revealed at or near the end of the direct

Euler23

Smash Cadet
That just means he’s in it, not that he’s getting revealed tomorrow. Or he’s an assist trophy.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
That just means he’s in it, not that he’s getting revealed tomorrow. Or he’s an assist trophy.
Music doesn’t really mean anything for a character, correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t rhythm heaven get a song in smash 4? Same with lip in brawl?

Last edited:

Euler23

Smash Cadet
Music doesn’t really mean anything for a character, correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t rhythm heaven get a song in smash 4? Same with lip in brawl?
Certainly. His stock value has to go up from this leak, but it doesn’t mean he’s in for sure or that he gets revealed tomorrow.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What this screw-up means is Castlevania content is going to be in Smash Ultimate. That's the only guarantee.

Though I think Simon will be playable myself. But that's just my opinion and my Captain N bias.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Come on, why would there be an accidental Bloody Tears title on the video RIGHT before the big Direct?

I'm still holding out a lot of hope for Ashley tomorrow and as a fighter in general, but it's looking more likely that at the very least, Simon is gonna be in.

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
Even if it is Simon tomorrow, if Ashley is nowhere to be seen then her chances of being an October reveal are still super good. Don't get discouraged yet!

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
Someone came up with a theory which I agree with: If Simon was playable, surely Castlevania music videos would have a Castlevania icon, NOT a generic music note icon. YouTube thumbnails can be seen when editing a video. Wouldn't that be a really, really hard mistake to make? You wouldn't give a Pokemon song a generic note icon, it would have a Poke Ball. Shouldn't Castlevania music have a C or a cross or something?

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Hoping for a daal Ashley and Simon reveal because they both have that haunted mansion aesthetic, but I'd just be glad if she's not assist trophied.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
If it was going to be a Nintendo character I thought it would be Ashley or the Gen 7 Pokemon. The Mii outfit, mystery mushroom, her being one of the Badge Arcade mascots and her getting own mini-game in WarioWare Gold are reasons why I think Ashley is one of the most likely newcomers.

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
I'm just hoping for a dual character reveal. Hopefully it's like the Final Smash Direct where both Corrin and Bayo were revealed. It's slim considering how few characters are being revealed, but that's the only way Ashley could be revealed tomorrow. But Simon is definitely in, and probably getting revealed. At the very least, we should hope she doesn't get deconfirmed.

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
I'm banking on a dual Ashley/Simon spooky reveal! That's been my guess even before this recent music leak happened.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Hoping for a daal Ashley and Simon reveal because they both have that haunted mansion aesthetic, but I'd just be glad if she's not assist trophied.
It's possible! I was always kinda expecting at least two reveals from tomorrow's Direct. Maybe they could open with Ashley, and then at the end, they announce Simon as a surprise third-party character? Maybe they could tie Ashley's Mansion into it somehow, too!

I feel like their trailers might not intertwine like that, but whether it's Ashley or not, I definitely think we'll get a first-party newcomer along with Simon tomorrow. Don't lose hope yet!

Last edited:

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
I think the chances of a shared trailer between Ashley and Simon are low to just not possible, but a reveal at the beginning and a reveal at the end is very possible.

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice
Someone came up with a theory which I agree with: If Simon was playable, surely Castlevania music videos would have a Castlevania icon, NOT a generic music note icon. YouTube thumbnails can be seen when editing a video. Wouldn't that be a really, really hard mistake to make? You wouldn't give a Pokemon song a generic note icon, it would have a Poke Ball. Shouldn't Castlevania music have a C or a cross or something?
The music in the mistitled video was still the galaga medley which uses the generic icon, that's why it doesn't have the Castlevania branding.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I think we are going to get Castlevania content. At the very least we're getting music. Simon could be playable or an assist trophy.

I could still see Ashley and Simon being revealed in the same direct. It would make sense since they're both horror themed characters.

And even if Ashley isn't shown, either as playable or as an assist, then her chances are still good. In fact, her chances would be higher depending on who else is deconfirmed.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm not sure how I'd feel if Simon is the only reveal. I mean, if it means Ashley wasn't shown as an assist I'll take it, but I wanna know already lol.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
tbh, the whole leak doesn't make sense. Why edit the title of the Galaga song? There's no logical reason to do so.

As a Side note, this site is a pain in the ass to navigate right now. >_>

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Someone at Nintendo is getting fired.

It doesn't have any real impact on Ashley's chances. So as long as she's not an assist, the hope still lives on.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I am not sure how to feel about this right now, I am happy for Castlevania fans, but this character reveal does nothing for me since I have never played those games, I am not sure about multiple reveals tomorrow, but I hope Ashley if not revealed, and lives for another day

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Simon Belmont Tomorrow? I guess it's too obvious to reveal Ashley right now? That or we might have two character's revealed tomorrow Ashley in the begging and Simon at the end. As long as Ashley isn't returning as an assist she'll still have a good chance, although, it will feel a little discouraging since now is the perfect time to reveal Ashley.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Remember, the music slip could be just that. Or a confirmation of a stage, or just a song that may be on Luigi’s mansion. I still have 0 reasons to believe Belmont will be playable. Ashley’s not done yet!

Last edited:

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Remember, the music slip could be just that. Or a confirmation of a stage, or just a song that may be on Luigi’s mansion. I still have 0 reasons to believe Belmont will be playable.
Yeah after thinking about the situation more I'm hoping that a slip will be the case. GameXplain claims it "confirms" that Bloody Tears will be the music update for tomorrow but, with the information we know now that is incorrect reporting. What I'm saying is that it might not have been the intended updated for tomorrow but, an update for a later date. It greatly alludes to Simon being reveled tomorrow but, at the same time it doesn't confirm Bloody tears will be the update for tomorrow.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Either way, I'm still feeling good about tomorrow. Final Prediction is Ashley, Isabelle and Simon.

That said, I'm getting ready for bed. Don't wanna oversleep

FarquadMoses

Smash Cadet
Even if Ashley is nowhere to be seen tomorrow. I wonder if Nintendo was unable to get Ashley's WarioWare Gold voice actress to record lines (assuming Nintendo wanted to keep things consistent) quick enough to get an Ashley reveal trailer out this fast.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys, I'll probably be heading to bed very soon: I probably won't return until after the Direct ends, so we'll just have to see what happens. Either way, see you all on the other side!

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Not entirely sure this really confirms anything but there you have it I guess..

Remember, the music slip could be just that. Or a confirmation of a stage, or just a song that may be on Luigi’s mansion. I still have 0 reasons to believe Belmont will be playable. Ashley’s not done yet!
I came here to say pretty much the same exact line. Even if the slip up is legit (doesn't sit well with me seeing as this galaga clip has been up for a week and then all of a sudden this?) It still doesn't confirm a Castlevania character, let alone Simon. Or even a stage for that matter. Heck maybe not even a song becuz no one has actually heard it yet, there's just been temporary title change that happened and then was taken back.

I still have hope for Ashley!

A Simon and Ashley double reveal would get me sent to the ER room.. Oh my god.
You and me both :teeth::skull:

Last edited:
Top Bottom