• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Hey, first time posting here after liking a bunch of posts! Yeah!:ultpacman:

So, to go quick with this, thanks to this thread and WarioWare Gold, my interest in Ashley have grown so much that, I really want now that the cutest witch in Diamond City get her chance in Smash as a playable character in Ultimate.

BUT...

My actual reason to post here is the following:

Do you think the reason why they haven't revealed Gamer yet, may be due that, 5-Volt design could have her design changed to Game & Wario to Gold? And if this was the case, the didn't show it because it could have given clues about Ashley inclusion?

This is is just a theory of course, but I thought it be interesting to ask here, on that, 'have a great day and hope for the best!
I've actually been thinking that was a possibility for a while, and it's a real possibility as they are already redoing a a lot of stages. I don't think it's gonna happen though. It would probably just be easier to keep it how it is. The stage probably just didn't get revealed for no reason at all, like Delfino

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I've actually been thinking that was a possibility for a while, and it's a real possibility as they are already redoing a a lot of stages. I don't think it's gonna happen though. It would probably just be easier to keep it how it is. The stage probably just didn't get revealed for no reason at all, like Delfino
I feel similarly, but for different reasons. 5-Volt in Smash 4 was a series of 2D images, if I remember correctly. If Gamer's update was a matter of drawing new pictures based on Gold 5-Volt, then it was probably one of the easiest stages to update, haha. It might not be as tin-foily as "they need it for an Ashley reveal", but it probably isn't because 5-Volt needed updating, and Sakurai's team just put it off for two years.

Kariocean

Smash Rookie
You know I've never thought about it but if Ashley gets announced tomorrow one thing that's going to take some getting used to is seeing her running because Ashley does not look like the kind of person who runs

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing WarioWare Gold since launch day, and it is super fun. Man, I missed this series. I really hope Ashley is revealed tomorrow so we can have a true WarioWare character (and my favorite one to boot) in the game.

Given that, it'd be kinda cool if he somehow added Akira, despite his series not being relevant at the moment. Who knows what could happen, really.
I mean to be fair, Akira has probably appeared in more crossovers than his own series at this point. I have at least 5 games he appears in, and I've never owned a Virtua Fighter game. (Except the Genesis version of one of them, but that's not really Virtua Fighter in terms of gameplay since it is forced to be 2D.)

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
You know I've never thought about it but if Ashley gets announced tomorrow one thing that's going to take some getting used to is seeing her running because Ashley does not look like the kind of person who runs
You know, her running animation could always be her on her broom, kind of like how Inkling goes into squid form for their run

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen any fake leaks out today - or at least none that people here think are credible enough to share. You'd think that this would be a prime opportunity for some attention seekers or trolls.

It's going to be a long night for the Smash community regardless of who gets in or not.

Hat Kid

Smash Cadet
Maybe she could “fly” or something? Kinda how Cloud and Rosalina “run”.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
So I got Warioware Touched! today. It wasn't supposed to arrive for a while longer though. I think this is a hint guys. Ashley obviously used her magic to have it shipped to me faster so I could experience her first appearance before her Smash reveal. I'd go ahead and say she's a lock for the direct.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
We've had the talk about Ashley's chances before during the safety of that drought, but now that a direct is actually happening, what are your guys' chances that Ashley gets confirmed tomorrow?

I'm honestly scared and think there's a 30% chance of her getting confirmed while the rest of the percentage is split between her not being shown off or her getting deconfirmed.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I think she's gonna be shown off in some way. Whether playable or as an assist. Both best and worst case scenarios are on the board. Though if she isn't revealed as playable I'd take her not being shown at all for a while longer. Anything to keep her chances alive.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
We've had the talk about Ashley's chances before during the safety of that drought, but now that a direct is actually happening, what are your guys' chances that Ashley gets confirmed tomorrow?

I'm honestly scared and think there's a 30% chance of her getting confirmed while the rest of the percentage is split between her not being shown off or her getting deconfirmed.
I think she has around a 66% chance to be confirmed. She's likelier than many others. She has a 0% chance to be revealed as an assist because she's a playable fighter ;)

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus

I give her a solid 90 percent chance of being confirmed tommorow.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I think at this point it's 50/50 either way. There is a good chance she'll be shown off as playable, but she could also be regulated assist trophy limbo like Waluigi.

If she survives the assist trophy slaughter and isn't shown at all, and if other characters are deconfirmed, then her chances only increase.

Anop

Smash Apprentice
I think she has around a 66% chance to be confirmed. She's likelier than many others. She has a 0% chance to be revealed as an assist because she's a playable fighter ;)
I HOPE you are right. I'm really nervous and scared right now lol, imagine tomorrow!

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
No need to be worried, channel your wicked wednsday energy.

Btw, 16 hours to go Ashley fans!

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
While I personally have her at 50/50, if I were a gambler, I probably would put some money on Ashley's chances tomorrow. Here's why:

She's popular, especially in Japan. This direct appears to be more aimed at Japanese viewers.
Badge Arcade
3DS themes
Mii costume
Not shown as assist trophy initially
She's currently more relevant than characters like K Rool (WarioWare Gold just came out and Nintendo has been promoting her)
Great moveset potential
Most "leakers" seem to think she will be playable, although this should be taken with a huge grain of salt

We just need to wait and see.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

I'm not really into giving percentages but I'd think it's more in her favor than not. 66,6% being revealed as fighter against 33,3% chances to be an assist I guess? :)

Btw, 16 hours to go Ashley fans!
In my timezone, I can already say that the direct is today... Guess I'll cheer in french for the occasion, ALLEZ ASHLEY!

Hat Kid

Smash Cadet
I wanna say 60% as well, slightly in her favor. But that’s me being cautious. I don’t wanna over-estimate it.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm still cautiously optimistic about Ashley's chances tomorrow. All the signs do point to her favor and she's more likely to be seen than someone like K Rool or Geno.

But I'm 90% sure we'll know her fate tomorrow regardless of what happens.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
I'm still cautiously optimistic about Ashley's chances tomorrow. All the signs do point to her favor and she's more likely to be seen than someone like K Rool or Geno.

Same, trying not to get my hopes too high but i do have a strong feeling we'll finally see what Sakurai chooses to do with her. Lets hope she's still not confined in an AT

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I'd peg Ashley's odds for tomorrow as something like this:
Confirmed Playable = 45%
Confirmed Assist Trophy = 30%
Live to Fight Another Day = 25%

It seems like the right time to confirm her if she is playable (Gold's release, a Direct timed for Japan, and the opportunity for a lesser-impact reveal to follow Ridley), and I don't know if she'd survive another Assist Trophy round if she is an AT. So I think there are strong odds we find out tomorrow what her fate is.

Unfortunately, I've got a work meeting right when the Direct starts. The wait is gonna be brutal. As such, I'd put my own odds of getting spoiled before I get to actually watch the Direct as 70% due to me either being to weak-willed to wait or by seeing a recommended video or something.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman

If I had to split my thoughts up, personally:

70% chance of not being in the Direct at all
15% chance of being an Assist Trophy
15% chance of being playable

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

For the comparison with K.Rool I believe he will be announced, but later. Ridley followed by K.Rool would be -should I say - too big. It could somehow make other newcomers less hype.

Who else is going to be watching the thing while it’s live?
4PM for me, it will be easy to watch :p

winged hero

Smash Rookie
Big wario fan both land and ware. Also been fan of ashley since I first played warioware on ds and heard her theme. I like to be added to the support list.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm going to do everything in my power to watch it live. I have nothing going on all week. All I gotta do is wake up early enough and I can be bad at that.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
To be honest I may have been a bit hasty with my 90 percent odds of seeing her confirmed tommorow, I didn't really think things through so if I had to be more fair about the situation I'd say her chances are really, 100 percent Baby, Woo.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
For the comparison with K.Rool I believe he will be announced, but later. Ridley followed by K.Rool would be -should I say - too big. It could somehow make other newcomers less hype.
I think K Rool is in this time as well, but he'll be the one of the last characters they reveal. Or they could keep him secret like they did with Wolf in Brawl.

A character like Ashley makes the most sense right now to be honest.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think K Rool is in this time as well, but he'll be the one of the last characters they reveal. Or they could keep him secret like they did with Wolf in Brawl.

A character like Ashley makes the most sense right now to be honest.
I don't believe in secret characters this time. Even secret characters like Duck Hunt had trailers in directs. Keeping him secret would be a huge thing, but at the same time, it would be an error to not exploit the hype he would generate before the release.

For this direct, as said previously on this thread, we can definitely bet on popular in japan characters. Not necessarily the most popular, but a big one still. Ashley and Isabelle are indeed the perfect fits for that, it's similar to Rosalina's reveal I think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom