• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I feel that tomorrow will seal Ashley's fate one way or another, but if she's not shown at all tomorrow, then the hope lives on.

And is it just me, or has this site been super laggy since the announcement of the Direct? The likely huge info dump tomorrow will probably crash it.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I feel that tomorrow will seal Ashley's fate one way or another, but if she's not shown at all tomorrow, then the hope lives on.

And is it just me, or has this site been super laggy since the announcement of the Direct? The likely huge info dump tomorrow will probably crash it.
Been the case ever since last night, and images have started to break too. Will suck if it does crash because I'm sure a lot of us will have a ton to say, no matter what happens.

I didn't get to log onto Smashboards the day of E3 until several hours after the direct, so does anybody know if it crashed or experienced slowdown around the time it was happening?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Been the case ever since last night, and images have started to break too. Will suck if it does crash because I'm sure a lot of us will have a ton to say, no matter what happens.

I didn't get to log onto Smashboards the day of E3 until several hours after the direct, so does anybody know if it crashed or experienced slowdown around the time it was happening?
I can't even open my alerts because it's going so slow right now.

This direct is going to crash this site if it can't handle the extra traffic.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
There has been a major lack of WarioWare content in Smash, the only thing we have is Wario himself and the stage. I think with WarioWare Gold released it would be a great time to show off Gamer, perhaps a new WarioWare stage, some WarioWare assists, new and returning like Kat/Ana and Mona! then reveal Ashley as the newest playable character.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, first time posting here after liking a bunch of posts! Yeah!:ultpacman:

So, to go quick with this, thanks to this thread and WarioWare Gold, my interest in Ashley have grown so much that, I really want now that the cutest witch in Diamond City get her chance in Smash as a playable character in Ultimate.

BUT...

My actual reason to post here is the following:

Do you think the reason why they haven't revealed Gamer yet, may be due that, 5-Volt design could have her design changed to Game & Wario to Gold? And if this was the case, the didn't show it because it could have given clues about Ashley inclusion?

This is is just a theory of course, but I thought it be interesting to ask here, on that, 'have a great day and hope for the best!

StormC

Smash Hero
Does anyone know the best way to link the stream to a friend who can't watch it live but also doesn't want spoilers? I'm worried about linking the YouTube stream if recommended videos involve spoilers.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Hey, first time posting here after liking a bunch of posts! Yeah!:ultpacman:

So, to go quick with this, thanks to this thread and WarioWare Gold, my interest in Ashley have grown so much that, I really want now that the cutest witch in Diamond City get her chance in Smash as a playable character in Ultimate.

BUT...

My actual reason to post here is the following:

Do you think the reason why they haven't revealed Gamer yet, may be due that, 5-Volt design could have her design changed to Game & Wario to Gold? And if this was the case, the didn't show it because it could have given clues about Ashley inclusion?

This is is just a theory of course, but I thought it be interesting to ask here, on that, 'have a great day and hope for the best!
That's a good point to consider. I'm curious why Gamer hasn't been revealed yet.

Either they're updating it to reflect the changes made in WarioWare Gold
Or it's not coming back and is possibly being replaced by that rumored Diamond City stage, which would be perfect to coincide with an Ashley reveal.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I don't know if you guys' have unlocked the "Party People" Record in WarioWare Gold, but it is so freaking cozy. Even if Ashley doesn't make it in, I really hope we get a stage based on her library that teleports you into her books. It would be a great place to cram all the chill tracks found in Wario.

mouthofxenu

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know the best way to link the stream to a friend who can't watch it live but also doesn't want spoilers? I'm worried about linking the YouTube stream if recommended videos involve spoilers.
I had to do this with the E3 Direct. Viewing streams after the fact normally exposes you to lots of news or reaction video thumbnails. But if you first link your friend to nospoiler.com and give them the link to the YouTube stream recording, they can copy and paste the YouTube link to the space on nospoiler and view the video free of worry.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Really want an English Version of that Smash Ultimate japan only remix of Ashleys song. Its Bumpin!

Ravampt

Smash Rookie
Apologies for being under a rock for a while, currently at Alaska. BUT DID THEY JUST ANNOUNCED A SMASH DIRECT?!? So hype. Praying for Ashley to be fully revealed as a playable fighter !!

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Apologies for being under a rock for a while, currently at Alaska. BUT DID THEY JUST ANNOUNCED A SMASH DIRECT?!? So hype. Praying for Ashley to be fully revealed as a playable fighter !!
Dang Alaska that sounds fun, I hope youre able to watch it live. No idea when it's on in Alaska times but probably early tommorow morning!!

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Since this is probably the last day of proper Ashley speculation, I will give some last minute thoughts on Ashley's possible aerials. I think Ashley's broomstick is way too important to be relegated into a simple recovery and I don't think Sakurai would go too in depth to give it separate aerials. Instead, I propose that all the maneuvers she uses in the Game and Wario be turned into her aerials and put her in broomstick mode.

Up air/Down air: Each are a directional barrel roll

Back air: She gets a boost from the brush of her broom and it has a hit box from that side as well as a ramming hit box.

Forward air: She shoots lighting out of her finger. It works sorta like Villager's slingshot but with stun.

Neutral Air: This is her eject button. The broom turns into a parasol and it works the same ways as Peach's parasol

Up Special: She could have a an up special that doesn't recover like Jig and sorta Yoshi and instead it creates that screen nuke lightning from G&W, but I think that's better reserved as a chargable special that could be released and charged in the air. I'm partial the idea of her summoning a moon diagonal to her and crashing into it, as part of her vertical recovery up special.

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Ugh im getting so nervous! I went and bought a witchy outfit today to prep for tomorrow
Really hoping I can pop off with happiness tomorrow morning and not break into tears over her being an AT

Ravampt

Smash Rookie
Dang Alaska that sounds fun, I hope youre able to watch it live. No idea when it's on in Alaska times but probably early tommorow morning!!
I just plan on watching it not live, but on YouTube, without reading the title or comments xD

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Since this is probably the last day of proper Ashley speculation, I will give some last minute thoughts on Ashley's possible aerials. I think Ashley's broomstick is way too important to be relegated into a simple recovery and I don't think Sakurai would go too in depth to give it separate aerials. Instead, I propose that all the maneuvers she uses in the Game and Wario be turned into her aerials and put her in broomstick mode.

Up air/Down air: Each are a directional barrel roll

Back air: She gets a boost from the brush of her broom and it has a hit box from that side as well as a ramming hit box.

Forward air: She shoots lighting out of her finger. It works sorta like Villager's slingshot but with stun.

Neutral Air: This is her eject button. The broom turns into a parasol and it works the same ways as Peach's parasol

Up Special: She could have a an up special that doesn't recover like Jig and sorta Yoshi and instead it creates that screen nuke lightning from G&W, but I think that's better reserved as a chargable special that could be released and charged in the air. I'm partial the idea of her summoning a moon diagonal to her and crashing into it, as part of her vertical recovery up special.
I like it, though I feel like if Ashley is playable Sakurai will take a lot of liberties with her. I know people (myself included) thought if Ridley made it in he'd be full of references with his attacks but he doesn't have as many as expected. Ashley has nowhere near as much to pull from though, so I can see the few things she's shown in cutscenes being used, with the rest of the moveset being whatever Sakurai feels like. Like, I can see her just wacking stuff with her wand or hair.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think I am gonna stick to Smashboards during the direct. Then again, I don't typically go on anything else during these sorts of things.

Last edited:

Sparklealyst

Smash Rookie
Heya guys I wanted to make an account before hell breaks down tomorrow. I'm not trying to jinx anything but tbh I'm feeling really confident tomorrow is gonna be the day Ashley gets her day. just a hunched but I'm really feeling it.

All I want to say is Get hyped!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I decided to avoid smashboards till after I watch the direct tomorrow because I actually want to be hype for who we get or loose

(Still gonna be on the boards but just avoid leaks and whatever)

Hope to see Ashley or k rool

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
If this thread ends tomorrow, I hope it ends with the beginning of a social thread!
And if it doesn't end at least there's always next time!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Heya guys I wanted to make an account before hell breaks down tomorrow. I'm not trying to jinx anything but tbh I'm feeling really confident tomorrow is gonna be the day Ashley gets her day. just a hunched but I'm really feeling it.

All I want to say is Get hyped!
Welcome new Ashley friend! You came right at the end, we're getting a social thread soon!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that we'll get three newcomers. Two originals, one echo, just like at E3.

The direct starts off with a more low key character trailer that's not expected by many in the community, but that many wanted. Fingers crossed for Ashley.
An echo fighter will be dropped in the middle of the direct. My money's on Isabelle, but it could be Chrom (even though I don't want any more Fire Emblem characters).
The direct ends with a trailer for either a third party character (no idea who) or ends off with a more requested character (K Rool?) to keep the hype going.

But I'm still going to go with my gut feeling and say that K Rool won't be revealed until around November.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I like it, though I feel like if Ashley is playable Sakurai will take a lot of liberties with her. I know people (myself included) thought if Ridley made it in he'd be full of references with his attacks but he doesn't have as many as expected. Ashley has nowhere near as much to pull from though, so I can see the few things she's shown in cutscenes being used, with the rest of the moveset being whatever Sakurai feels like. Like, I can see her just wacking stuff with her wand or hair.
Ridley isn't that complicated. He breathes fire and stabs people with his tail, while flying to various degrees. Sometimes he grabs, claws and bites to mix things up. The one "canon" move people go on about is his "tail pogo" from the 2D games, but honestly that would be dumb-looking in 3D graphics.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

It'll be Crash Board-icoot at this rate, yes. Which would be bad, since I want to share my joy of the reveals here.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ridley isn't that complicated. He breathes fire and stabs people with his tail. Sometimes he grabs, claws and bites to mix things up. The one "canon" move people go on about is his "tail pogo" from the 2D games, but honestly that would be dumb-looking in 3D graphics.
I will say though, they still sneak in some nice little nods. His fire breath moves in the same way it originally does in Metroid, and the scraping move is a trick he has pulled more and more after he first did so in Brawl, only this time it is on the floor.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Btw sometimes Nintendo says how long the direct will be generally, Is that not the case this time do we still not know the length?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I will say though, they still sneak in some nice little nods. His fire breath moves in the same way it originally does in Metroid, and the scraping move is a trick he has pulled more and more after he first did so in Brawl, only this time it is on the floor.
His down air stomp is also a move he does in Prime 1 and Other M, just lacking the flaming shockwave. And of course the mouth vulnerability when charging up fire also from Prime.

Last edited:

MetroLSD

Smash Apprentice

It’s been laggy for me as well.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I recognize that Sakurai would probably go nuts with an Ashley moveset. I was simply giving a unique and referency moveset that could appease the skeptics who think Ashley doesn't have moveset potential because she's rarely playable in Wario games (or hasn't been playable as people wrongly point out). The aerials are usually some of the most asspully moves a character has, so the fact that Ashley has such an easy moveset to pull from on that front should silence some of those critiques.

Last edited:
Top Bottom