• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to see Marx and/or Starfy be playable. I'd say that I also want Kururin playable, but I would be satisfied with any Kururin content present (say, maybe the return of the Helirin as an Assist Trophy?).
Ooo Marx or Waddle dee, I don’t know who I want more.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Anyone have any pipe dream characters that you want in smash ultimate?(I’m curious on everyone’s favorites other then Ashley who is a shoo in)
Mine is eevee in which each attack is a different eeveelution... I absolutely adore Umbreon.
: )
Rex and Pyra from Xenoblade 2, that game is really good, but the whole, "Smash development plan ended in 2015" I don't have hope for them

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Rex and Pyra from Xenoblade 2, that game is really good, but the whole, "Smash development plan ended in 2015" I don't have hope for them
We got dlc(hopefully)... Pyra would be so cool

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Ooo Marx or Waddle dee, I don’t know who I want more.
Of course, Waddle/Bandanna Dee is more realistic, being the fourth of Kirby's little gang of musketeers, but if the next Kirby rep was up to me, Marx, hands down. Just look at how awesome and flashy his moveset is in Star Allies and tell me that wouldn't be the coolest thing ever. Also, we don't have a "cosmic jester god" in Smash, and you'd be darned to find a better one than Marx.

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
I think that the Direct will probably primarily reveal new modes, and in that case there'll probably be a lot to talk about. They will probably also go over some of the final smashes we didn't see at E3.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyone have any pipe dream characters that you want in smash ultimate?(I’m curious on everyone’s favorites other then Ashley who is a shoo in)
Mine is eevee in which each attack is a different eeveelution... I absolutely adore Umbreon.
For me, it's Rayman. Love that guy. I'd also like Paper Mario and Amaterasu.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I still think Ashley has a a good chance. I'd say she's more likely to get in at this point than K Rool, who I think they're saving for last if he's in. All the signs are aligning in Ashley's favor.

Aside from Ashley, my biggest hopes are K Rool and Dixie. They deserve to be in after being shafted since Melee. I'd also be happy with Geno.

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
It would never happen, but Cordelia from Fire Emblem just because I love her character. I think in the absolute best case scenario, the only way she would ever get in would be if they just did something similar to what they did with Bowser Jr. and make what is essentially a Pegasus Knight character, except they're on foot lance wielders and the different costumes are different Pegasus Knights throughout the series. In that case they'd essentially be forced to include her since she's the most popular one in the series. Final Smash would also obviously have to be the Triangle Attack. But I know none of this is ever happening, so I'm not really hoping for it. There'd also be a **** storm because people don't want more Fire Emblem characters.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Probably Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters. I think he'd fit in well since he's a fairly iconic FG character but his main issue is that he's 3rd party.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Umbreon was so cool when it could mean look+baton pass combo. Still the slickest design out of all the eeveelutions~

I can think of tons of 'obscure' characters from various RPG's (Star Ocean comes mainly to mind) but i suppose the one im mainly rooting for is Saria from the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
She's always been one of my top favorite one time appearance Zelda characters along with Midna, but unlike Midna, she got snubbed from Hyrule Warriors! >:C
Other notable sages from OoT got to make a playable appearance, but not Saria, noooo~ the one who Link had the closest relationship with! The one who raised him! It didn't help my saltiness factor at that they released the game THREE frickin times with all this extra DLC included but still never added her not even once.. ugh

im over it now; i'll never see her in Smash either oh well

She's like Lip. Nintendo seems to just wanna forget her but unlike Lip Sakurai actually acknowledges Lip's existence and wished Panel de Pon was also popular outside of Japan at one point. So I still believe Lip has a fraction of a chance but the Forest Sage has become a forgotten Nintendo character :c

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I would've done so too, but was too lazy to come up with a better username then my childhood best friend and a random british word. Luckily I'm not popular.
Hey, at least you didn't name yourself after a tree branch you saw out your window because you couldn't come up with anything. That would be pretty embarrassing.
Wonder how long the Direct will be, like 20 mins?
I'm hoping for at least 40 minutes. It will probably be shorter, but I'm already getting my hopes up for Ashley so I might as well get myself as hyped as I can lol.
My most wanted after Ashley is Bandana Dee, and a Rhyhtm Heaven rep claims 1st place (sorry guys, but Rhythm Heaven is one of my favorite franchises of all time). I consider them all shoo ins though. Despite not playing much of their games, I would also really like to see Isaac and Chibi Robo to give their franchises the representation they deserve. They seem unlikely as of now however. Paper Mario with partners has also been a character I desired as well, but I don't see him happening either. A character I think has a chance however is Geno. I'm playing Mario RPG currently just so I can get hype for his potential inclusion. If he's in Mallow needs to be an assist.

Also shoutouts to like every Kirby character ever. They all seem like they would be a blast to play lol.

Edit: Rip forgot to mention Dixie and K Rool which are pretty likely. I'd also really like to see Skull kid as Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game

Last edited:

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Definitely Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI or Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
It would never happen, but Cordelia from Fire Emblem just because I love her character. I think in the absolute best case scenario, the only way she would ever get in would be if they just did something similar to what they did with Bowser Jr. and make what is essentially a Pegasus Knight character, except they're on foot lance wielders and the different costumes are different Pegasus Knights throughout the series. In that case they'd essentially be forced to include her since she's the most popular one in the series. Final Smash would also obviously have to be the Triangle Attack. But I know none of this is ever happening, so I'm not really hoping for it. There'd also be a **** storm because people don't want more Fire Emblem characters.
I've always been an advocate of adding mounts to diversify FE's representation, so Cordelia's a fine pick regardless of my indifference to her character. While we're talking about Dream never ever picks, Bow Knight Severa from Fire Emblem would be my undisputed one, but I'll settle for Brave Lyn as possible DLC.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I don’t know why, but I’ve always wanted Koopa Troopa and King Boo to be playable. And I know they don’t stand much of a chance, but they’ve got better odds than the waaaah

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
Guess I should say this since I don't think I've come across it in the thread. While it hasn't been 100% confirmed, looking at Japanese Warioware Gold footage, it seems that Ashley's current Japanese voice actress is Inori Minase (this is entirely a guess based on how the voice sounds very distinctly like hers, so I could be wrong), who's famous for voicing characters like Rem from Re:Zero and Chino from Gochiusa, so if you're a fan of her, Ashley's her chance to get into Smash.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Guess I should say this since I don't think I've come across it in the thread. While it hasn't been 100% confirmed, looking at Japanese Warioware Gold footage, it seems that Ashley's current Japanese voice actress is Inori Minase (this is entirely a guess based on how the voice sounds very distinctly like hers, so I could be wrong), who's famous for voicing characters like Rem from Re:Zero and Chino from Gochiusa, so if you're a fan of her, Ashley's her chance to get into Smash.
We have sent messages to Erica Lindbeck enquiring about her voicing for Ultimate to see if she was under NDA and got no response back. We could ask our resident japanese translator, kyon, to shoot her or Ashley's previous voice a message too.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Umbreon was so cool when it could mean look+baton pass combo. Still the slickest design out of all the eeveelutions~

I can think of tons of 'obscure' characters from various RPG's (Star Ocean comes mainly to mind) but i suppose the one im mainly rooting for is Saria from the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
She's always been one of my top favorite one time appearance Zelda characters along with Midna, but unlike Midna, she got snubbed from Hyrule Warriors! >:C
Other notable sages from OoT got to make a playable appearance, but not Saria, noooo~ the one who Link had the closest relationship with! The one who raised him! It didn't help my saltiness factor at that they released the game THREE frickin times with all this extra DLC included but still never added her not even once.. ugh

im over it now; i'll never see her in Smash either oh well

She's like Lip. Nintendo seems to just wanna forget her but unlike Lip Sakurai actually acknowledges Lip's existence and wished Panel de Pon was also popular outside of Japan at one point. So I still believe Lip has a fraction of a chance but the Forest Sage has become a forgotten Nintendo character :c
Someone who shares my love of Umbreon yay.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Is the Order a Rabbit? :3

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
We have sent messages to Erica Lindbeck enquiring about her voicing for Ultimate to see if she was under NDA and got no response back. We could ask our resident japanese translator, kyon, to shoot her or Ashley's previous voice a message too.
I think pretty much everyone who knows anything about Smash Ultimate that hasn't been revealed yet is under NDA, so I doubt we'll get anything out of that.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I think pretty much everyone who knows anything about Smash Ultimate that hasn't been revealed yet is under NDA, so I doubt we'll get anything out of that.
The idea was, if Lindbeck responded at all then that would mean she's not in the game because that would breach her NDA. That's the only real evidence you could gleam from doing something like that.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
THE ASHLEY HYPE TRAIN CAN FINALLY SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!!! CHUGA-CHUGA! CHOO-CHOO!

It brings a tear to my eye to know the speculation is coming to an end! It was a great pleasure rock'n out with you guys!

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
The idea was, if Lindbeck responded at all then that would mean she's not in the game because that would breach her NDA. That's the only real evidence you could gleam from doing something like that.
Does she even respond to fan e-mails? It doesn't really supply us with evidence since it's just as if not more likely that she didn't even read it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
THE ASHLEY HYPE TRAIN CAN FINALLY SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!!! CHUGA-CHUGA! CHOO-CHOO!

It brings a tear to my eye to know the speculation is coming to an end! It was a great pleasure rock'n out with you guys!
We're not in the clear just yet, but I think it's really time.
I feel it in my gut, and as we've previously established my gut knows when somethings happening.
here's hoping Wednesday finally gives us Ashley!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
@Erotic&Heretic. And Jazzy Jinx Jazzy Jinx .
Where my fellow twintails fans at? :bobomb:
On the (unlikely) chance you're not aware of this anime, this show is super hilarious:

Shantae. T_T

I'm aware that Diddy Kong is in Smash but it seems like an uphill battle for Western-made characters and an even steeper hill than that for Indies. Even if I do think she's around the top for an Indie rep.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Does she even respond to fan e-mails? It doesn't really supply us with evidence since it's just as if not more likely that she didn't even read it.
Exactly, her being silent means nothing because it could just mean that she ignores fanmail. But if she actually did respond, well that rules out the possibility of her being in the game.

There's always the chance she doesn't get revealed or deconfirmed.

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
Exactly, her being silent means nothing because it could just mean that she ignores fanmail. But if she actually did respond, well that rules out the possibility of her being in the game.
Be honest with yourself. Is that how you want the Ashley hype train to end?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I'm really excited for this direct, but I'm so anxious of the second assist trophy massacre. We are no doubt going to see new and returning assists, and it's even possible blog updates from now on will feature the ones not shown off at the direct. An outcome we don't like to think about could occur even during random gameplay shown to demonstrate other features. I know I will always be on edge knowing Ashley, Bandana Dee, or a Rhythm Heaven character could pop out of an assist trophy at any moment. If they don't appear at least I can rest easy knowing they are likelier than ever.

To add something more positive to this post, I just saw Gamexplain's video and I realized how much I want a full fledged story mode with a deep plot and everything. Ashley could stand out so much there, even without talking. She has so much personality!

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
I'm really excited for this direct, but I'm so anxious of the second assist trophy massacre. We are no doubt going to see new and returning assists, and it's even possible blog updates from now on will feature the ones not shown off at the direct. An outcome we don't like to think about could occur even during random gameplay shown to demonstrate other features. I know I will always be on edge knowing Ashley, Bandana Dee, or a Rhythm Heaven character could pop out of an assist trophy at any moment. If they don't appear at least I can rest easy knowing they are likelier than ever.

To add something more positive to this post, I just saw Gamexplain's video and I realized how much I want a full fledged story mode with a deep plot and everything. Ashley could stand out so much there, even without talking. She has so much personality!
Ya I’m scared too but I know Ashley will pull out a win in the end. She will not be an assist trophy and you can count on that.

Noipoi

Howdy!

While i'd love a new story mode, I don't think there was enough time unfortunately.
A good adventure mode would be enough for me.

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
I'm really excited for this direct, but I'm so anxious of the second assist trophy massacre.
I think best case scenario is we get a character reveal right at the start like the Final DLC Direct, so the rest of the Direct doesn't have me anxious at the thought of an Ashley deconfirmation.
Ashley could stand out so much there, even without talking. She has so much personality!
I'd like it if she had the same kind of presence that Lucas did in the original Subspace Emissary since she's pretty shy. Maybe have her team up with Lucas as a callback to his role in the original story.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
While i'd love a new story mode, I don't think there was enough time unfortunately.
Yeah, I don't really think it's likely haha. I really do hope a story mode does make to in as DLC though, but that's still a long shot. Melee's adventure mode or the great maze from that leak earlier would be great

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
I think it's very possible. I think Smash Run has a good chance of returning, and they can just reuse enemies from there. People would actually prefer it that way anyway. Also, a lot of the work that went into Subspace Emissary was done on the cutscenes. As long as they get a different team or just a different studio altogether to make them, then I don't see the problem. Depending on the team size, I think it could be very possible.

Calane

Smash Ace
Mine is Adol Christin from the "Ys" series, but I'm pretty sure that would never happen.

Sticking to Nintendo characters, I'd say Saki Amamiya from "Sin and Punishment".

Top Bottom