• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Burigu

Smash Ace
While I think Ashley is one of the more likely characters to get in (and the only realistic character I'm hoping for), I'm also very skeptical of her being revealed this Direct. It just seems too obvious? Like, it would remove an element of surprise if it's the character we're all expecting (leaks aside), and I don't know of any characters ever being revealed to coincide with releases.
The thing is this reveal wouldn't match with any releases, by mere days is you will but still it doesn't

gloop898

Smash Cadet
All the Ashley hype finally got me to stop lurking and make an account. Hopefully she's revealed on the 8th!

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I can definitely see Ashley being revealed before King K. Rool, and I'm saying that as both a K. Rool fan and an Ashley fan. Ridley and K. Rool are both heavily requested characters and since they just revealed one of their big characters, it would make sense to save K. Rool for later to ease the hype.

In Ashley's case, WarioWare Gold got released and there's still missing content from the WarioWaare series in Smash Bros. There's definitely going to be some form of WarioWare content in the direct, since the timing is too close to WarioWare Gold's release!

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Ashleys fate one way or the other very possible hangs in the balence this very week. How in the world Am I going to sleep.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There was rumors floating around that Ashley would be announced as Fighter 66 followed by Heihachi as Fighter 67, so could it be!?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Hopefully we get to see our fave on Wednesday.

Also, I think we brought this up a while back, but are we assuming her character will be "Ashley" or "Ashley & Red"? He's certainly going to play some major part in her moveset.
If he's a big part of her moveset, then I expect them to be called Ashley and Red, at least in Japan. There's a possibility she's just called Ashley in other regions though like how Olimar is pikmin and olimar in Japan.

gloop898

Smash Cadet
There was rumors floating around that Ashley would be announced as Fighter 66 followed by Heihachi as Fighter 67, so could it be!?
I could see the direct starting with the Ashley reveal and then ending with Heihachi. But I'm not convinced we'll see two newcomers unless one's an echo.

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
I told myself Ashley isn't a very likely character for the game but I'm currently trying (and failing) not to hype myself up for a wednesday reveal. Y'alls enthusiasm is contagious!

Yo I've been lurking for a while, and I can't say I'm a super fan of WarioWare and Ashley, but seeing all the excitement and enthusiasm for this character convinced me to come along for the Ashley hype train. Count me in! Here's to good luck this Wednesday!

Something I wanna ask though, and please don't take this for hate, but I'm wondering why so many of y'all love Ashley so much? I like her cause she's a really cute well designed character, but so are all the WarioWare characters, heck, even Wario himself has a weird charm in those games. Yet clearly Ashley really hit a chord with people that none of the other WW cast has even come close to. What's the secret sauce that makes her so much more popular than the rest of the cast?

I got my own thoughts on this but I'd like to hear some other opinions on it from far more dedicated Ashley fans than me.
I won't rehash the points brought up by other posters so I'll just add, half-serious, half-joking, that one of the core aspect of Ashley's appeal is that she's cute in a way that doesn't threaten people's masculinity. Heh.

Euler23

Smash Cadet
While I think Ashley is one of the more likely characters to get in (and the only realistic character I'm hoping for), I'm also very skeptical of her being revealed this Direct. It just seems too obvious? Like, it would remove an element of surprise if it's the character we're all expecting (leaks aside), and I don't know of any characters ever being revealed to coincide with releases.
I think the conventional wisdom (ie Youtubers) underrates Ashley’s chances. Despite all the evidence in her favour, a lot of people (particularly Waluigi partisans lol) are still going to be surprised if she’s revealed. From the Smash 4 timeline, there’s a good mix of obvious reveal dates and random ones (with veterans slightly weighted towards the former iirc).

As for the odds, I would probably buy Ashley at 1:3. I would sell “Everyone + Inkling + Ridley + Daisy=Final roster” at about 50:1.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Guys, now would be the time to take same leaks seriously. It's not uncommon for the information of a direct to be leaked before it officially airs. It happened last time and I'm willing to bet it'll happen again.

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Guys, now would be the time to take same leaks seriously. It's not uncommon for the video of a direct to be leaked before it officially airs. It happened last time and I'm willing to bet it'll happen again.
There was really only the one fakey I remember from last week that claimed a direct would happen in the next Week or so, it mostly talked about modes and then Said Ashley was fighter 66.

Hat Kid

Smash Cadet
I said earlier that this thread is on fire... Now this thread is Burning Hot Molting Lava!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I believe a long while back we agreed to change our avatars to Ashley's render once she got revealed, although I might be misremembering. Since this might be her time, I though I'd remind y'all (unless I'm wrong lol)

Also, I like Ashley because she's cool

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Now what would her tagline be I wonder. "Ashley brews up trouble", or perhaps they will be called Ashley and Red.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
I feel like now is the time we find out Ashley’s fate. If she is not shown at the direct it practically guarentees her. There are three scenarios.
1) Ashley is revealed
2) Ashley is deconfirmed aka assist trophy
3) Nothing is shown regarding Ashley
1 is the best scenario and 3 is a really good scenario because if she was to be an assist trophy they would have to show her at the direct (cause WarioWare gold, popular,and prominent) and if not it practically guarantees her a playable character.

(Let’s not think about scenario 2)

Burigu

Smash Ace
Also Ashley would be the REAL Nintendo girl with black hair, Bayo is there but 3rd party and WFT is a shade of gray

Euler23

Smash Cadet
Right then. So I have to work and won’t be able to watch the Direct live, but I don’t want to spoil it with a Twitter feed or liveblog. So I’ll have the page loaded and ready to watch at my lunch break. In another tab, I’ll have the preorder page ready for Smash Ultimate. If Ashley is revealed (or at least some interesting single player modes), I’ll pull the trigger (and plan on buying a Switch after I finish my thesis). If not... well they still have until December 7 to win me over.

Make it happen, Sakurai!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I predict it'll start with Ashley, a popular character but not huge.
In the middle, an echo. Probably Isabelle.
Then at the end someone huge like Geno, or a third party like Crash.
give me some good single player modes and it'd be perfect!

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
That's my thinking as well.

All the signs have been pointing to Ashley and Isabelle.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Right then. So I have to work and won’t be able to watch the Direct live, but I don’t want to spoil it with a Twitter feed or liveblog. So I’ll have the page loaded and ready to watch at my lunch break. In another tab, I’ll have the preorder page ready for Smash Ultimate. If Ashley is revealed (or at least some interesting single player modes), I’ll pull the trigger (and plan on buying a Switch after I finish my thesis). If not... well they still have until December 7 to win me over.

Make it happen, Sakurai!
Man it's a real bummer you aren't able to watch live. It'll be torcher.

On another note. In the likely event she's confirmed. I'll then be dyiiing to see her Amiibo later.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
To me, it's too soon after Ridley to reveal really popular choices like K Rool and Dixie. My gut is telling me they'd be revealed last like Duck Hunt was last time.

Ashley just seems like the most logical choice, assuming she's playable. Isabelle gets revealed as the echo midway through. It ends with a third party character, probably either Simon or Heihachi.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
K
2 uniques and a echo sounds about right since they don't have as much time

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
So since we often discuss leaks:

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426683907

> August direct will reveal Heihachi.
> Moving platform stage for Tekken.
> Another one I can't recognize teased.
> Jin, Kazuya, Yoshimitsu assists.
> Yoshimitsu hunts down enemy.
> September direct will reveal Lloyd.
> Transforming Palmacosta stage for Tales.
> No other one teased.
> Genis assist, casts three spells.
> Vergeben can be trusted.

One reply says that we're getting 8 characters total, but it's unclear if it's said by the op.

tl;dr Heihachi for this Direct, Lloyd for a September Direct, and Vergeben "can be trusted".

Apparently, no one on Reddit or SourceGaming can find the Lloyd Irving model seen in the images posted to this thread.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

> No other one teased.

One reply says that we're getting 8 characters total, but it's unclear if it's said by the op.

tl;dr Heihachi for this Direct, Lloyd for a September Direct, and Vergeben "can be trusted".

Apparently, no one on Reddit or SourceGaming can find the Lloyd Irving model seen in the images posted to this thread.
Not buying it, especially after it's backing up Vergeben.

And do we really need this many third party characters? Seriously, Lloyd over Geno?

Noipoi

Howdy!

> No other one teased.

That leak was just debunked in the Smash Ultimate discussion thread. It's from a fan made video.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
OH... I see news of the direct already hit this place.. lol am i slow ^^;
Maybe a bit of a cruel question, but if you had to choose between Ashley getting her own game within the next year or her being in Smash Ultimate, which would you pick?
In Smash definitely. That would just lead her to getting her own game all the more quickly! Maybe next year perhaps? ;)
Question! All of you are going to main Ashley?
Absolutely! She'll be right up there with my BOI Link~
Link has never had the best track record when came to tier listings in Smash (unlike Mario and Pika :p) But I've always been loyal to him and I will remain loyal to Ashley!
I'm a big Rosalina fan and I was hyped for her in Smash 4, but I was not a fan of her play style (and I personally felt dirty when I would get those janky Luma kills when my opponent was only at 35%...)
I'm sorry you felt that way; no one should be made to feel ashamed of their character choice, not even Bayo mains, who let's be honest here is 10 times more jank than Rosy ever will be lol
I never saw Rosy as OP as the other top tiers, I think she's pretty fair actually- it's really Luma you gotta watch out for. Some people like to compalin about her, but she's only ever good to the point of OP good while Luma is out, but all the other top tiers get to be OP 100% of the time so I don't see it as her broken. I play Rosy on the side; she's awesome!
You know, if Ashley is a sort of character that debuffs the opponent, like a lot of us are thinking, how strong would that be? We have had those who can buff themselves, but that typically came at a cost, like with Shulk's trade offs or Lucario's damage to itself.
Ashley's cost/draw back of her debuffing is that she's still considered a 'mediocre magician', so i expect her spells to have a randomized aspect to them similar to Game & Watch's hammer move. Sometimes they will be incredibly powerful, and other times they will 'misfire' and she will suffer the effects instead.
Sakurai puts a great amount of research and detail into the chosen characters Smash, so i see him incorporating this quirk of hers into her moveset somehow.
Here is a beautiful fanart by Bellhenge you may want to see.
Ashley's in the very front, sweeet~
Let's all try and predict how Ashley's reveal trailer is going to go.
I could see some kind of psyche out trailer where we're shown Simon Belmont traversing through a haunted mansion looking for Dracula, and when he finally finds Dracula's throne Ashley is sitting there instead- the camera zooms in on her face and she gives that little smirk of hers! x'D
Something I wanna ask though, and please don't take this for hate, but I'm wondering why so many of y'all love Ashley so much?
What can we say? She's cast a serious spell on us~<3 @_@
I'm under the idea that it'd be fitting for Ashley and Geno to be revealed in the same trailer, starting with Ashley up until it comes to the line "She doesn't play with dolls and she never combs her hair." in which it'll turn the trailer into a hybridized reveal, showcasing both Geno and Ashley together
So instead of playing with dolls she fights with them instead? XD
Kyon9898, aren't you Ashley Channel on Youtube? If you are then I subscribed!
I subbed too :3

Top Bottom