• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
You know, while I don't think they would ever go with something like Crazy Galaxy as Ashley's own individual game(I feel they would stick closer to the magic element and stuff like that),
Nintendo RD1/SPD1's MO was (exemplified by not just WarioWare, but also Wario Land, Rhythm Heaven, and even Metroid) was always to do something unexpected and creative, and I think taking Ashley's character in a completely different direction than the expected 2sp00ky magicial girl stuff fits in with that.

Plus the intergalatic sheanigans of a guitar-shreddin' witch and her unhinged gunslinging friend is a A+ premise, s'yeah.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Has anyone seen this leak yet?

https://imgur.com/dwlo7dP

As with all leaks, I'm not buying it even if it has Ashley listed as a newcomer and has a Diamond City stage, both of which I want.

Last edited:

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice

As with all leaks, I'm not buying it even if it has Ashley listed as a newcomer and has a Diamond City stage, both of which I want.
Interesting that they got Delfino Plaza returning right, though. Then again, it could've just been a lucky guess based on the fact that Delfino Island got a remix, not to mention it would be weird to bring it back in 4 only for it to get cut in Ultimate.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
The Alph thing kind of kills it for me, but a Temple of Mila stage would be amazing.
That does seem very sketchy, but it has four of the characters that I want (Ashley, K Rool, Simon, and Impa) and I'd be very happy if this turns out to be true. Some of the things there, like the bowling game and the giant ROB stage, sound like an oddball thing Sakurai would do.

And this is yet another leak showing Ashley. More leaks have her confirmed than deconfirmed at this point.

But as with all leaks, no matter how exciting they seem, this must be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind Olimar wasn't playable in the demo, so we can't say for sure whether or not Alph is a costume. They sure seem to want us to think that's the case, but no Alph gameplay was shown in Olimar's trailer aside from a few quick shots. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to sneak Alph in as an Echo like that. Not saying this automatically makes the leak true, but just something to keep in mind.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Keep in mind Olimar wasn't playable in the demo, so we can't say for sure whether or not Alph is a costume. They sure seem to want us to think that's the case, but no Alph gameplay was shown in Olimar's trailer aside from a few quick shots. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to sneak Alph in as an Echo like that. Not saying this automatically makes the leak true, but just something to keep in mind.
This is true, and the leak does have some other WTF things in it that Sakurai would do.

I'm not buying the leak either, but rather pointing out that more "leakers" than not seem to be getting confident about Ashley's chances.

Kariocean

Smash Rookie
Do you think turning on spot pass on Warioware Gold and playing all the Ashley related games would show Nintendo how much we like her?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Do you think turning on spot pass on Warioware Gold and playing all the Ashley related games would show Nintendo how much we like her?
I mean, that assumes they'd be monitoring that to begin with. I'm not sure they'd look there to gauge popularity.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
But yeah, Ashley I’m predicting will be announced next, it just feels right, the character after that I’m not certain about but if I had to guess... Maybe Isabelle?

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
I would figure the best time for a new demo build is for whenever the next character gets unveiled, anyway. Hopefully it'll be Ashley next so we don't have to sit through another wave of Assist trophy deconfirmations.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Anyone take the time to read Ashley's descriptions of her microgames? One in particular mentions that Red hates beetles... and she appears to contemplate getting some because of that. Guess Ashley doesn't need a reason to mess with him... or she plans on using them for coercion in future endeavors involving him.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
But yeah, Ashley I’m predicting will be announced next, it just feels right, the character after that I’m not certain about but if I had to guess... Maybe Isabelle?
All the signs are pointing towards her inclusion, and if the leaks are to be believed, then she does indeed have a very good chance this time.

I'm keeping my expectations low, but it would be great to have her be the next character reveal.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

One thing to note is it looks like it's piggybacking off Vergeben, but lacks Isabelle and a Pokemon newcomer. Of course, Vergeben could be lying now (or the whole time) but we don't know. The Alph part is a dead giveaway though. If they had any plans to make him an echo, he would already be one. It's obvious through the site he is not. Also, this leak implies Gamer doesn't return. That would be really dumb considering it's back for Gold. I also want to believe this is fake because it has Karate Joe as the Rhyhtm Heaven rep. This seems to be the popular choice, but I don't think it's the character Sakurai would go with. I'd like to think he'd make a unique character like the chorus kids or marshal, but that's just me.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
One thing to note is it looks like it's piggybacking off Vergeben, but lacks Isabelle and a Pokemon newcomer. Of course, Vergeben could be lying now (or the whole time) but we don't know. The Alph part is a dead giveaway though. If they had any plans to make him an echo, he would already be one. It's obvious through the site he is not. Also, this leak implies Gamer doesn't return. That would be really dumb considering it's back for Gold. I also want to believe this is fake because it has Karate Joe as the Rhyhtm Heaven rep. This seems to be the popular choice, but I don't think it's the character Sakurai would go with. I'd like to think he'd make a unique character like the chorus kids or marshal, but that's just me.
There are parts of this one that sound completely true and fitting for Sakurai to do, but things like Alph is a huge red flag. Best to take it, like all leaks, with a huge grain of salt. I only posted it because more "leakers" seem to be including Ashley in their newcomer lists than not.

And I'm convinced that Vergeben is trolling us and doesn't have any credible Smash information.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
With Luigi's Mansion and a rumored WarioWare Switch and Wario Land, I think a direct would be perfect for August. And we could get info on other new titles as well. Then at the end, a WarioWare styled animation plays with all his crew begging him to pick them, under pressure he points to Ashley, who wasn't really asking to be in but she gets in anyway-

And enjoys beating up the characters of Smash. At the end of the trailer, she is joined by all (most) (some) of her co-workers for her Final Smash.

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Something kinda random but maybe worth some note, the secret Ashley from the Warioware gold site, where you click her and she turns white, is the only instance where a main character in the GOLD style has pupils. Even when Ashley goes super white hair mode within the game itself, she does not have the black pupils like in the secret Ashley image.

(In the 2d art I mean I'm aware she has Pupils in pumpkin panic, tho they are hardish to see)

Last edited:

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Here's the original Vergeben leak
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch/76614511
He's also said that Isabelle is in but didn't specify whether she was an echo or not. He also said there was another newcomer he knew about but wasn't sure if was real. Today he said there is a gen 7 pokemon but it's not Decidueye, Lyconroc, or Mimikyu. id treat all his info with a grain of salt.
Vergeben is an attention seeker without any legitimate insider knowledge whatsoever.

As I mentioned in the K. Rool thread, someone did some digging and found that Vergeben is not the original source of the Simon Belmont claim, but it was in fact Stealth_, a sketchy "leaker" in his own right.

With that in mind and also knowledge of the rest of his history, it seems very safe to assume that Vergeben is just taking any info he hears and just repeating it for the sake of glory, and screwing with us by making us debate over what the Gen. VII Pokémon is going to be.

Don't pay him any attention.

Alph being an Echo is what seals this as fake for me. Alph's treatment in pre-release media has him being essentially "the same character" as Olimar, as can be see by him being by himself in some of Olimar's screenshots and certain shots of the showcase video.

Even if we're charitable and assume this is a very last minute decision, could an Echo really be finished in less than six months while other things still need work? I doubt it.
One thing to note is it looks like it's piggybacking off Vergeben, but lacks Isabelle and a Pokemon newcomer.
This leak predates Vergeben's claims of Isabelle and a Gen. VII Pokémon.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
With Luigi's Mansion and a rumored WarioWare Switch and Wario Land, I think a direct would be perfect for August. And we could get info on other new titles as well. Then at the end, a WarioWare styled animation plays with all his crew begging him to pick them, under pressure he points to Ashley, who wasn't really asking to be in but she gets in anyway-

And enjoys beating up the characters of Smash. At the end of the trailer, she is joined by all (most) (some) of her co-workers for her Final Smash.
I really hope the rumored Wario stuff is true, and that would be a perfect tie in to reveal Ashley in Ultimate. It's been too long since we've had a true Wario Land game.

Although this is a pipe dream, if Ashley does make it into Smash, I'd love to see her and the WarioWare cast be the new Snake Codex and Palutena's Guidance.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
So guys... will we truly get a direct this month that announces Ashley? Because honestly, I have no idea. >_<
My gut feeling is that Nintendo is going to treat Gamescom as their news dump for now. Will it include a Smash newcomer? Who knows, but I think that will be where they cover other upcoming subjects like the paid online and games.

Of course, there's no confirmation of any of that, and Gamescom could very well just be a repeating of information we already know about. Who knows?
Ashley and Simon Belmont duking it out at her mansion when
Here's a hot insider tip for you: October will have a dual announcement of both Simon and Ashley in Smash, and a WarioWare cartoon animated by the Castlevania cartoon studio. You heard it here first folks.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
This leak predates Vergeben's claims of Isabelle and a Gen. VII Pokémon.
I meant that the leaker seems to believe Vergeben but is missing info he gave out later. I wouldn't have really considered Simon a likely choice before Vergeben. Either way they're probbaly fake, which is fine with me. I'd much rather be surprised.
If it takes this long to get one direct, then we should get two characters revealed.
I'm really hoping for an Ashley and Chorus kids double trailer in their games' art style, but I couldn't think of a good way to make it work. The best I could come up with is if Ashley opened their dimension or they helped Ashley or Wario with a rhythm micro game .

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Wasn't it said that the ballot would be used in the future? If so, I see Simon Belmont as highly unlikely, due to the fact that he was barely around during those times, unlike characters like Ashley, the Dee, or K. Rool. I'd say he definitely wasn't nearly as popular as Bomberman back then, who got the AT treatment. Just because nintendo got snake back doesn't mean Simon's in. He didn't even remotely pop up until the vergeben leak, and that "leak" about him being came from Stealth, one of the least credible leakers out there.

StormC

Smash Hero
Wasn't it said that the ballot would be used in the future? If so, I see Simon Belmont as highly unlikely, due to the fact that he was barely around during those times, unlike characters like Ashley, the Dee, or K. Rool. I'd say he definitely wasn't nearly as popular as Bomberman back then, who got the AT treatment. Just because nintendo got snake back doesn't mean Simon's in. He didn't even remotely pop up until the vergeben leak, and that "leak" about him being came from Stealth, one of the least credible leakers out there.
Simon could be in for reasons completely unrelated to the ballot.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't it said that the ballot would be used in the future?
It was, I believe.

I could see Simon being a sleeper hit honestly. A lot of people had lost hope for Snake, and may've voted for Simon as a substitute Konami rep. And that's ignoring people who wanted Simon from the start.

Not to mention that as StormC says, Simon could very well be in on his own merits, ignoring the ballot.

StormC

Smash Hero
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76614511?page=7#76

This is one of the times he's mentioned it. He's said it several times, though.
"Simon was picked for a variety of reasons actually from what the initial person who leaked me him had said before I got the information verified and vetted.
Simon did surprisingly well in the Smash Ballot, has the history with Nintendo, and the Netflix series was an additional factor that work out perfectly for the situation."

Seems like the ballot would not be the "main" reason for his inclusion of this is to be believed (which I have my doubts on).

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
"Simon was picked for a variety of reasons actually from what the initial person who leaked me him had said before I got the information verified and vetted.
Simon did surprisingly well in the Smash Ballot, has the history with Nintendo, and the Netflix series was an additional factor that work out perfectly for the situation."

Seems like the ballot would not be the "main" reason for his inclusion of this is to be believed (which I have my doubts on).
Here we go: https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...part_ii_a_statement_of_previous_ones/dyy40b4/

From a different source I've heard that there will be Ice Climbers and a Konami rep that seems to be Simon Belmont, which was due to how well he actually did in the Smash Ballot.

Top Bottom