• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

StormC

Smash Hero
I know somebody here watched a ton of JP most wanted/expected/predicted videos and Ashley was on every single one of them. Both pre-E3 and post E3
Problem is it might not have manifested on the ballot much due to the Assist Trophy.

Stuff like the 3DS themes should already indicate Nintendo thinks of Ashley as a marketable product, though.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
I think everyone here should do something like that if she isn't playable. I need to think of mine. :p
I will change my profile to Asuna and post asuna for smash on 5 threads if Ashley is not playable(late for the betting part been playing WarioWare Gold)

Dilliciouz

Smash Cadet
I know somebody here watched a ton of JP most wanted/expected/predicted videos and Ashley was on every single one of them. Both pre-E3 and post E3
That's awesome, that does make me feel better I haven't watched any of the japanese prediction videos myself so that really good to hear.

Problem is it might not have manifested on the ballot much due to the Assist Trophy.

Stuff like the 3DS themes should already indicate Nintendo thinks of Ashley as a marketable product, though.
Really hope nintendo trying to push her and the demand of fans are enough to finally get her playable.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice

True. Although I bet they considered that there would be less votes because of the mindset of her being an Assist trophy already in smash 4. She was ranked very high so they know the votes would have kept going up and up. Ashley for Smashley!!!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Since Ashley was used in a Pay to Play game (Badge Arcade) they realized she had tons of marketable potential, even more so if they put her in Smash.

Kariocean

Smash Rookie
Well we got nothing but at least I unlocked Pumpkin Panic in Warioware gold during the stream

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If we had a reveal, the last day of the event might be the best time to do so. But yeah, I expect nada myself. But hey, the Beehive's first appearance I think, which means we got some new information. Not a lot, but... eh.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
If we had a reveal, the last day of the event might be the best time to do so. But yeah, I expect nada myself. But hey, the Beehive's first appearance I think, which means we got some new information. Not a lot, but... eh.
Problem is that Smash 4 isn't on Sunday. I kinda doubt the Melee crowd would care about a Smash Ultimate announcement.
I could only see a Smash announcement that day if it's, like, Heihachi after the Tekken 7 finals.

As for Beehive, I recall seeing it before.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I knew inside there was going to be inevitable disappointment since Sakurai didn’t rt but I wanted to keep the dream going. Oh well.

She lives another day.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Yeah, I wasn't expecting any announcement today. Which means Ashley still hasn't been deconfirmed.

Hopefully that means a Direct sometime this month.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well that's it. No reveal as expected but we got some nice gameplay.
Not to mention...

ASHLEY LIVES ANOTHER DAY.

That's like my mantra at this point.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Really, the lack of any info whatsoever was what I was expecting. It wasn't what I was hoping for, but at least we didn't get the worst case scenario where Ashley was spotted as an AT.

Hopefully that means a Direct sometime this month.
Or that Gamescom gives us enough info that it may as well be a Direct as well. Or that we get both that and a Direct sometime before it. That works.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, we did see that Ike's Aether can block(via super armor) Giga Bowser's Final Smash itself(as in the punch), so I guess that's something?

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else remember when WarioWare was leaked back in December of 2017?

It included Wario Land and WarioWare for the Switch, the leak itself got a good portion of Gold right, like Amiibo support, having a Story mode, 300+ mini-games, etc. I am somewhat expecting a direct with WarioWare Switch and Wario Land announced, then Ashley revealed within the same direct.

That would be ideal.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Evo isn't over just yet for Smash. Until the weekend is over, we cannot say there was nothing.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Regardless of what happens this weekend (****ing nothing, btw) I still believe Ashley to be Fighter 66. Consider it a gut feeling

It included Wario Land and WarioWare for the Switch, the leak itself got a good portion of Gold right, like Amiibo support, having a Story mode, 300+ mini-games, etc. I am somewhat expecting a direct with WarioWare Switch and Wario Land announced, then Ashley revealed within the same direct.

That would be ideal.
And they'll also reveal Link's Awakening 3DS! That's something I've wanted for a long time.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman

That would be ideal.
I am really hoping there's a Wario-themed Direct at some point because of all that, since it'd be Ashley's best odds.

I'm afraid however, because it's possible that only WarioWare Gold was real from that leak, and the other games were made up to throw Nintendo ninjas off the trail (though GREZZO recruiting for employees with the "make a legend" thing again is suspicious).

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
It was fun getting hyped. We drew quite a crowd! The most I saw was 103 people viewing the thread at a time.

We could still get a reveal over the weekend but I wouldn't bank on it. I'll keep watching with caution though.

The August direct is looking inevitable. It's more important to put a character in the direct that at EVO. Especially if It's right around the corner. You don't want to put character reveals too close to each other.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
An August Direct is looking increasingly likely, especially with the online service right around the corner. They'll want to get some information out about that.

I'm almost positive that we won't get any information at EVO, which of course means that any leaks involving reveals at EVO are fake.

So Ashley hope still lives on.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
On another note, the thread is less than 1500 replies away from being number 1. In all liklyhood the thread is now gonna calm down a bit as Warioware Gold passes by and we wait for Gamescom or an August Direct, but it is still rather impressive how far we have gone in the last week alone.

Noipoi

Howdy!
On another note, the thread is less than 1500 replies away from being number 1. In all liklyhood the thread is now gonna calm down a bit as Warioware Gold passes by and we wait for Gamescom or an August Direct, but it is still rather impressive how far we have gone in the last week alone.
Unless the K Rool thread picks up the pace we will surpass them in a few weeks.
That's really amazing, going from a 3 page thread to number 2 and almost number 1 in two months.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
People will probably still talk about the August direct. As soon as It's announced it will flow at a mile a minute.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
That's really amazing, going from a 3 page thread to number 2 and almost number 1 in two months.
Which means that there's clear support and fan demand for Ashley to be playable.

I hope Nintendo and Sakurai are paying attention.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Which means that there's clear support and fan demand for Ashley to be playable.

I hope Nintendo and Sakurai are paying attention.
Oh yeah, Sakurai totally browses Smashboards.
If that was true we would have gotten Geno, K Rool and Ridley 10 years ago.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
This thread gained over 10 pages in less than 24 hours. Not everyday will be like this of course but, we had a good number of supporters jump on board between then.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, Sakurai totally browses Smashboards.
If that was true we would have gotten Geno, K Rool and Ridley 10 years ago.
I meant outside of here as well. I'm sure he's received countless requests for all three of them, and Ashley.

Ultimate seems like the best time to add fan favorite characters, and Ashley has rapidly built up a sizable fanbase since Smash 4.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
A proof of concept for the daily reply growth project. I'll be sure to add the other top threads in too tomorrow.

Ashley Chart.PNG

I'm sure there's something I can do to make this more presentable, so please don't hesitate to give your critique. If you want, I can give you the stats to make your own.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
A proof of concept for the daily reply growth project. I'll be sure to add the other top threads in too tomorrow.

I'm sure there's something I can do to make this more presentable, so please don't hesitate to give your critique. If you want, I can give you the stats to make your own.
Just like Ashley herself, this thread has been on a steady increase all the way to the top!

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I've always kind of wondered if NoA employees secretly browse this site. Reggie and Bill probably are too busy to do so but, maybe some of the tree-house people?

The Tree-house is something that came up since Smash 4. They might be able to make suggestions to the higher ups.

I mean It's too late to do that for Ashley now. If she's in she's in if she's not then hopefully this will have an impact for DLC or Smash 6.

People probably look at this forum and think that if Ashley's support is this big here then it must be big on other places.

That's kind of what happened with Bandanna Dee. During Smash 4 Bandanna Dee was a popular "Smashboards" character (Well at least for English speakers at the time. I don't know how Japan felt). Somehow he gained tracking during the ballot and Now he's migrated to everywhere else.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Ashley is the only WarioWare rep I can see getting in. The only other WarioWare characters I can see getting in are Kat & Ana, but they have been ATs for the last 2 games and I think that they will stay in that capacity.

Top Bottom