• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I really like both the new voices, but I do kinda miss the old Ashley. I'll probably get used to it though. I can't wait for Gold to come out! I think I'm going to play smooth moves right now to satisfy my Warioware needs.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I wonder if Ashley's New VA has already been recorded for Smash. Back during Brawl people thought Krystal was getting in the game because her voice actor claimed to have done recordings for Smash. Turned out Krystal's was only heard in the codec calls.
Unfortunately according to her Twitter page, as of June 2nd Erica Linebeck has not been contacted to record lines for the game, which makes me a little concerned...

MattX20

Smash Hero
The last Wario Ware game I played was Smooth Moves for the Wii. I never got DIY or Game and Wario.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Unfortunately according to her Twitter page, as of June 2nd Erica Linebeck has not been contacted to record lines for the game, which makes me a little concerned...
Well, she wouldn't be able to tell anyone even if she did do her voice, and there's always the possibility she got a different voice actress for Smash. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I heard some of the characters in the demo or in trailers are missing voices at the moment.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, she wouldn't be able to tell anyone even if she did do her voice, and there's always the possibility she got a different voice actress for Smash. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I heard some of the characters in the demo or in trailers are missing voices at the moment.
As far as I'm aware, Adam Howden didn't record his lines for Shulk until early 2014, almost half a year after the game was announced.

That at least gives me a little hope.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I'm more concerned with this voice actor affair.
For example, if Ashley's new voice actor comes in with Ashley's playable debut, will she react to being attacked with apathetic groans and/or grunts. I can't imagine this voice screaming like a banshee when she's KO'd, so if she does get in, I'm intrigued to find out how they solve this voice actor dilemma.
I have faith in the Smash team to represent Ashley faithfully. I'd say they'd still have her do her "oh no..." and "laaaame" voice lines if she is taken out even with a new voice actress. It's just who Ashley is.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I really want one of Ashley's taunts to be "laaame". Can you imagine how infuriating that'd be?
You'e playing For Glory with your best character and you're on a roll, and this little girl shows up on the screen.
Then that little girl proceeds to wreck you in ways you couldn't imagine, and every time you get KO'd she calls you lame.
That's the kinda world I wanna live in!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
We also yet to hear Spanish Ashley, French Ashley, German Ashley, Italian Ashley and last but not least, Japanese Ashey.

We're hitting Ashley levels that were thought unreachable!
I'm really curious about French Ashley. The voice actor for Wario is a good one, but we have that problem of having not too many voice actors here. Zelda in BotW for example is voiced by someone who does a lot of cartoon voices.

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet
I want Ashley' s response to getting star KOed to be a calm "laaame" getting quieter as she shoots farther into orbit.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah though I am a little concerned about the whole Erica Linebeck situation because a few months ago she said she wasn’t contacted for Ultimate. I really hope that this may be outdated but I’m not sure. I really hope she gets in.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yeah though I am a little concerned about the whole Erica Linebeck situation because a few months ago she said she wasn’t contacted for Ultimate. I really hope that this may be outdated but I’m not sure. I really hope she gets in.
Again, non disclosure agreements. Even if she was, she wouldn't be allowed to say so. That, and voice acting for characters is often the last part of the design process.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Again, non disclosure agreements. Even if she was, she wouldn't be allowed to say so. That, and voice acting for characters is often the last part of the design process.
That’s true, she could have been either not involved at the time or lied about her involvement but regardless I don’t know. Either way it seems like most of the characters besides ones in the E3 demo and Daisy (Albiet with recycled voice clips) had their voice clips implemented.

Last edited:

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
That’s true, she could have been either not involved at the time or lied about her involvement but regardless I don’t know.
VAs don't "lie" about stuff like that, they're just not allowed to say they have a character's role or that they're involved with a game. It's just business.

Leehzart

Smash Cadet
Regarding her design in Smash, I actually like the Gold one the most, I like that they remove their stockings haha I think thats an unpopular opinion and I like her eyes red. However if I got to choose my favorite would be the one for Crazy Galaxy. The young adult look is so great, Im not a huge fan of her child portrait. Either way I hope she gets the Peach treatment, lots of details in her outfit.
On a side note, Im not on the supporter list, can you add me?

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
That's right. Lindbeck wouldn't need to lie, and she would've had to voice act for the reveal trailer by that time. It's getting me kinda worried. Maybe she's not the voice for Smashley?

I did a complete 180 on this. Back then, I hoped she was telling the truth when she said she wasn't doing lines for Smash, now I want her to be lying about it for more Ashley hope.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Eh, Smash isn't chock full of voiced lines that WarioWare Gold has, so they could easily just use the old voice actress or someone else if Lindbeck is not voicing her in Smash.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
It's possible that because Smash and WarioWare's development coincided with each other Nintendo was too wrapped up to get the VA's consistent. besides, I never really thought of Ashley's voice as a defining characteristic.

Actually, If we could find info on her Japanese VA that might be a better clue. English translators and localizers probably have no idea about each others project.

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Oh my goodness, been away because I was busy moving and wowey, like 30 pages. Gunna be fun to read. :)

Skimming the last page, the Voice actress change In warioware gold is odd, I think the voice is fine tho. It isn't too worrying.

The voice actress adressed ultimate a few months ago, but..
Could just be she hadnt recorded the lines yet, or being proffesional and not saying private information.

Cool to see Ashley has a 3D model in Warioware Gold.. ❤

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
We don't know when these lines were recorded. As far as we know she doesn't speak, she just grunts when she gets hit or something and you could get anyone for that. This voice actor thing doesn't hinder her chances in my opinion.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
It's possible that because Smash and WarioWare's development coincided with each other Nintendo was too wrapped up to get the VA's consistent. besides, I never really thought of Ashley's voice as a defining characteristic.

Actually, If we could find info on her Japanese VA that might be a better clue. English translators and localizers probably have no idea about each others project.

Same thing happened with Corrin and his VA. It's Yuri Lowenthal and two other dudes in Fates, but they went with Cam Clarke for Smash.

Ignore this, Cam Clarke was one of the voice options in Fates.

Last edited:

BornWinner

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't worry about the voice. It's entirely possible that Ash could her old voice clips. Not like you need to talk much in Smash and the same thing happened in regards to Rosalina.

Since I'm here, I would like to give my full support to Ashley in Ultimate. She's the only choice I have that has a real good chance.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
We don't know when these lines were recorded. As far as we know she doesn't speak, she just grunts when she gets hit or something and you could get anyone for that. This voice actor thing doesn't hinder her chances in my opinion.
Ashley might have a few voice lines between her taunts and victory animations. That being said, being fully voiced is a new feature that started in WarioWare Gold which is probably too late to consider an important detail when putting together Smash Ultimate. When Smash 6 comes around voicing Ashley might be a bigger deal. While it is a minor detail I will admit it's a detail that bothers me more than it should.

I guess it hinders Celica and Futaba's chances of getting in the game more so than Ashley, not that many people were speculating Futaba in the first place but, you get the idea.

Same thing happened with Corrin and his VA. It's Yuri Lowenthal and two other dudes in Fates, but they went with Cam Clarke for Smash.
Fox McCloud has gone through multiple VA's through the years and not all of them have been consistent with the VA's from the StarFox games. Now that I think about it I don't know if Mike West has been confirmed for Ultimate Fox's VA.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I just got a 66 in Ashley's game in smooth moves, which is obviously foreshadowing Ashley's playable appearance in smash as character 66. It's basically confirmed

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Fox McCloud has gone through multiple VA's through the years and not all of them have been consistent with the VA's from the StarFox games. Now that I think about it I don't know if Mike West has been confirmed for Ultimate Fox's VA.
He is. He just has new voice clips for Fox. Seems like a case-by-case basis for whether an actor will reprise their role for a character in Smash or not.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Palutena had a good amount of lines in her reveal trailer. I don't expect Ashley to say much in her reveal trailer since she never said much in her cut scenes in past WarioWare games but, I guess it's disappointing to know that it's likely either Ashley wont say much in her reveal trailer or she'll be voiced by someone else.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I've listened to her new dialogue and microgame quips, and they are not the words of an apathetic or uncaring person. What I've noticed is that she is just really hard to impress. The most positive word she can seem to muster is "good", and is even sometimes at a loss when trying to think of something supportive. But she is nice & comforting to the demon she summoned. I wonder if her nonchalant attitude stems from constantly being exposed to the eldritch or just extremely high standards she imposes on herself and everyone around her. One thing's for sure though, any girl who hears "really, really mean" and "breathes fire" and only reacts with a meh is one impressive woman.

On another note, doesn't the demon realm look a lot like the place she was trying to get to in Game & Wario?

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Cam Clarke voiced Corrin in Fates as well.
Are you sure? I coulda sworn that none of the options were Cam Clarke. They all sound pretty different from him in Smash and Heroes.

Edit: Apparently he did.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I just got a 66 in Ashley's game in smooth moves, which is obviously foreshadowing Ashley's playable appearance in smash as character 66. It's basically confirmed
That settles it. Ashley will be revealed tomorrow.

Palutena had a good amount of lines in her reveal trailer. I don't expect Ashley to say much in her reveal trailer since she never said much in her cut scenes in past WarioWare games but, I guess it's disappointing to know that it's likely either Ashley wont say much in her reveal trailer or she'll be voiced by someone else.
Keep in mind that Palutena also comes from a series where (at least in its modern incarnation) everyone talks nonstop. It makes sense to have her say things.

Think back to Inkling and Ridley's trailers. Between them, the closest thing to dialogue was monstrous roaring from Ridley. Making a wordless trailer is certainly doable, and it's not like WarioWare is known for its extensive dialogue (Gold notwithstanding).

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Man, this was a nice surprise to wake up to today! I love the voice acting for Ashley and Red!

I genuinely can't wait for WarioWare Gold. I can't believe the 3DS is a little over 7 years old, and we're only just now getting a WarioWare game.

Top Bottom