• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Huh? Waddaya mean about that?
If you stay here long enough, you start getting dreams about her, or so I've heard.
Don't worry. You'll be safe from the Ashley dreams if you wear the tin foil hat we talked about.

I thought up another possible reveal. For some reason, a big thing among some YouTubers is that "Waluigi isn't actually an Assist, he was knocked off screen and Sakurai is just tricking us" which I don't believe. Let's blue sky it for a moment.

We see the footage from E3 of Marth knocking Waluigi offscreen. Suddenly the quality turns to that of a reveal trailer and we see Waluigi falling hard on his rear, with his tennis racket in hand. He stands up and hesitates. He looks around, clearly confused that he hasn't disappeared yet. He adjusts his cap and leaps towards Marth/the camera. "WALUIGI assists himself to battle!"

While running towards Marth, multiple Assist Trophies appear. Waluigi picks one up and tosses it at Marth's head, making it shatter. A trembling, angry-looking figure stands up and points at Waluigi. The camera zooms in and it's a furious-looking Ashley. "ASHLEY casts a spell!" and she attacks Waluigi with magic from her wand. Gameplay begins, showing both characters using Assist Trophies and popping out character after character.

The video ends with Waluigi and Marth running away from a furious Ashley who is holding an empty Assist Trophy, implying she'll shove them both inside of it.
Them revealing a bunch of assist trophy promotions at one is something I considered. Ashley and along side that an Isabelle echo reveal.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If there were to be a character reveal at this thing, Ashley would be a good one, but I'm preparing for nothing at all.

On that note, I'm curious as to how many newcomers you all think we're getting. The collective Internet seems to be preparing for REALLY low numbers, which bums me out.
Some would say around six, but i think it'll be around ten. Usually we get about fifteen newcomers and last I checked ten is less than fifteen.
Anyone saying we're getting like three is being overly pessimistic.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
If you stay here long enough, you start getting dreams about her, or so I've heard.
Hmm... is that good or bad...? Ashley is cool and great but if I meet her she will probably blast me away or turn me into a frying pan :x

Last edited:

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Some would say around six, but i think it'll be around ten. Usually we get about fifteen newcomers and last I checked ten is less than fifteen.
Anyone saying we're getting like three is being overly pessimistic.
Thank you people are taking Sakurai words way too far on this topic

We got 17 Newcomers + 4 DLC for Smash 4 so 21 in total

So we've got 3 so far for Ultimate and there is no way they have reveal most of the newcomers 6 months prior to the releases of the game quite ridiculous to have this mindset. I'm going to guess 9 more. (6 unique 3 echoes)

Last edited:

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Huh? Waddaya mean about that?
Listen here mate! I got a truck load of illegal fireworks banned in 149 countries! a whole zoo full of tuba parading Wallaroos I had to get imported all the way from El Savador! And a circus act of Chain-Saw juggling ****** clowns from the Chippendales all stuffed and locked up in my basement living off of the occasional scraps of last months Macaroni and Cheese Salad I can fit through the cracks! All waiting, much to my neighbors dismay, to be release on the day of Ashley's reveal! It will be nothing less than perfection!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
One interesting thing people haven't brought up much is the fact that Ashley has a Smash Tour trophy. Ashley slows down the spinner. I suppose Sakurai views Ashley as a character that uses magic to slow things down. It makes me wonder whether Sakurai chose the trophy effect first and decided Ashley was the best fit or if he wanted Ashley and gave her a suiting trophy effect that would fit the character.

But what else is interesting about Ashley being a Smash Tour trophy is if you look at some of the other characters that were selected to be Smash Tour trophies. Many of them are characters who are already assist trophies but you also see some characters such as Dixie Kong and Tetra from the forbidden 7. Black Knight, Isabelle and, Protoman who each had a Mii outfit. And Daisy who is now a playable character.

Each character chosen for those Smash Tour trophies must have a certain aspect about the character that Sakurai sees within the character to have them represent a mechanic.
Well, the surroundings do slow to a crawl when she uses her smart bomb spell in Game & Wario... as does everything else whenever she gets angry...

My god, her Witch Time might be even stronger than Bayonetta's. I still stand by my random effects theory, though. It's what the Assist Trophy does and is more emblematic.

Leehzart

Smash Cadet
Hey!! I just created this account to show my support for Ashley! Her design is my favorite from all the Nintendo characters and her games are pretty fun! So sign my up for that list! Also here's a little gift to all the Ashley fanbase, I heard some of you were looking for this: All Ashley's Badges!!

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Alright you guys remember how Little Mac got a quite different look after being upgrade to a fighter

to

Do you expect a quite different look for Ashley or will it be similar to her Smash 4 appearance?

Btw Little Mac Brawl appreance is so god damn ugly :c

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I wouldn't get hyped about the tournament thing. Not unless Sakurai says something about it. If he does, then I think it's alright for us to lose our collective ****.

Hey!! I just created this account to show my support for Ashley! Her design is my favorite from all the Nintendo characters and her games are pretty fun! So sign my up for that list! Also here's a little gift to all the Ashley fanbase, I heard some of you were looking for this: All Ashley's Badges!!

If only it were bigger! But this is great! Thank You!

Last edited:

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
Listen here mate! I got a truck load of illegal fireworks banned in 149 countries! a whole zoo full of tuba parading Wallaroos I had to get imported all the way from El Savador! And a circus act of Chain-Saw juggling ****** clowns from the Chippendales all stuffed and locked up in my basement living off of the occasional scraps of last months Macaroni and Cheese Salad I can fit through the cracks! All waiting, much to my neighbors dismay, to be release on the day of Ashley's reveal! It will be nothing less than perfection!
Yeah about that... Could you let me out now?
Thank you! Now to figure out which is my favorite... All of them.

FarquadMoses

Smash Cadet
My Uncle once took me to a petting zoo that had Wallaroos. One of the Wallaroos bit me on one hand will while I was trying to feed it while the other had had my hotdog which I dropped and got mustard on my favorite dinosaur shirt.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Alright you guys remember how Little Mac got a quite different look after being upgrade to a fighter

to

Do you expect a quite different look for Ashley or will it be similar to her Smash 4 appearance?

Mainly the same look, but maybe a little taller (about Toon Link's size).

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman

Where have you been my whole life?!!! This is just what the Ashley thread needed!

Yeah about that... Could you let me out now?
NO!!! And if you stay quiet I'll give you and extra spoonful of last weeks left over tuna cassarole from Davy's bar mitzva.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

to

Little Mac's AT was inspired by his NES look though, while his playable appearance is from the Wii.

Ashley would probably have a look close to this, but with added polygons and details, like hair texture (akin to Peach and Daisy), maybe new details on the dress...

Thank you so much for these! ... And I now realize that I miss a bunch of them.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice

NICE!! They all look very interesting. I like the mummy one and the evil nurse thingy i guess it is? And those JRPG things on the bottom? Is that monster hunter? lol

The Monster Hunter ones. Obviously. Ashley needs to pet a Gore Magala or riot.

I like to imagine that's ashley poking maggie after using a minifying spell on him :3

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
NICE!! They all look very interesting. I like the mummy one and the evil nurse thingy i guess it is? And those JRPG things on the bottom? Is that monster hunter? lol

I like to imagine that's ashley poking maggie after using a minifying spell on him :3
Doubt she'd want to do that to something so fascinating. Her magical prowess alone could earn it's respect, and it wouldn't be the first time a young girl managed to tame it...

Who said all Elder Dragons hate humans?

Last edited:

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Ashley would probably have a look close to this, but with added polygons and details, like hair texture (akin to Peach and Daisy), maybe new details on the dress...
Hey! Those 6 polygons in Ashley's armpit represent 6 more day's until Ashley's Big reveal! Sakurai is a Master at 4D chess and it's up to us conspiracists to figure these things out.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Looking at the support threads, it appears as though Ashley is sailing off into a firm lead for 2nd most popular by reply count. I'm glad to see Geno is at 6th but unfortunately it looks like he won't be breaking into the Top 5 any time soon.~

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Hey! Those 6 polygons in Ashley's armpit represent 6 more day's until Ashley's Big reveal! Sakurai is a Master at 4D chess and it's up to us conspiracists to figure these things out.
Ashley has five thorny things on her crown doodad, each representing a day in a business week. She also has two pig tails, which we can deduce from the size representing a full week each. She also is raising her magic wand in the infamous Smash 4 screenshot where she was disconfirmed as an Assist Trophy. When we take her debuffing ability from Sm4ash into consideration, we must come to the conclusion that the wand is a factor of -2. This leaves us with an equation of 5(-2)+10, which equals 13. Thirteen days from now - on July 23rd - Ashley shall be revealed as a playable character.

*takes off tin foil hat*

If I'm actually right, you all owe me $10 each. No take-backs.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Ashley has five thorny things on her crown doodad, each representing a day in a business week. She also has two pig tails, which we can deduce from the size representing a full week each. She also is raising her magic wand in the infamous Smash 4 screenshot where she was disconfirmed as an Assist Trophy. When we take her debuffing ability from Sm4ash into consideration, we must come to the conclusion that the wand is a factor of -2. This leaves us with an equation of 5(-2)+10, which equals 13. Thirteen days from now - on July 23rd - Ashley shall be revealed as a playable character.

*takes off tin foil hat*

If I'm actually right, you all owe me $10 each. No take-backs.
Would work out wonderfully for me.

July 23rd is my birthday. >_>

Noipoi

Howdy!

Yes...

YES!!!

THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED!!!

(God she's adorable!)

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman

I guess I haven't seen all the Badge Arcade Ashleys
DhyaAeNUEAAB0ep1.jpg

Now that's a new Ashley. It reminds me of something...
Sorry I had too.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

That's not even all of them, which is damn impressive, honestly. This is already a lot and I can see a few are missing like the RPG sprite ones.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
1531291876938.png

Ashley drawing!!! I'm like, super tired but had to draw Ashley for the sake of drawing Ashley. Oh, this month is killing me! What if WarioWare Gold was done for a while now, but held it back so it can release along with Ashley reveal?!

SmashMaster02

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7731-7496-2991
View attachment 152542

Ashley drawing!!! I'm like, super tired but had to draw Ashley for the sake of drawing Ashley. Oh, this month is killing me! What if WarioWare Gold was done for a while now, but held it back so it can release along with Ashley reveal?!
That is some great art, and if that's the case, I will praise Sakurai for the rest of my days on this planet, for we are not worthy of his generous, godly gifts.

Top Bottom