• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The little things.

Xubble

Smash Ace
The benefits of walking greatly outweigh the benefits of dashing. You can do anything except dash attack (which, if you're approaching or retreating, is kinda useless) and dash grab (which is made up for by D3's standing grab which I believe is longer reaching).

The speed you lose is pretty negligible considering D3 is bottom tier in dash speed.

Walking > Dashing. I've been working really hard recently to walk instead of dash with D3. SO worth it.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Walking *****, and DDDs pivot grab is super tight, but its gay cause it has a lot of lag. It also has about the same range as the 1st hit of Snakes f tilt.

But yeah, walking is amazing, and necessary against mk because you have to be able to shield tornado on a whim.

:phone:

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Speaking of little things, how many of you are comfortable with drop shield turn around grab?(not just after something touches your shield either) Or drop shield turn Around shield? Or down tilting with out actually crouching? Just practicing these 'soft inputs' as I like to call them can greatly increase your game. This also helps with DI and moving your shield bubble to where you need it in dire situations. :p

Doc King

Smash Lord
For King D3. It looks like sometimes it can be better for D3 to walk, considering how his running speed doesn't really do much more speed for D3. Also, you can stop the chances of tripping and can do stuff like up tilt without having to shield or go through a running stop animation.

I love pivot grab mainly for infinites. It's also a pretty cool mind game. It can also slide very far on Ice.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
ddd's pivot is amazing. not really actually, it sucks, but it's very deceptive and can bait a lot of responses

i don't know how to articulate what i mean really, but i used to use it quite often, and this video i think best displays what i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJUzkdjdOp4#t=1m14s
It's very good when it's used as a cancel. The classic example of cancelling our pivot is Reverse Aerial Rush (RAR) Bair.
The main principle is that the 'turn around with the hammer' animation is like a slide in that it's faster than if you keep on running forward.
Use this, and DDD becomes faster as a character already. Dash --> Pivot --> Jump = DDD gains more momentum in the air than his regular aerial speed.....just like C. Falcon does in Melee, but not as extreme.

allshort17

Smash Ace
ddd's pivot is amazing. not really actually, it sucks, but it's very deceptive and can bait a lot of responses

i don't know how to articulate what i mean really, but i used to use it quite often, and this video i think best displays what i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJUzkdjdOp4#t=1m14s
I decided to look a little in to Dedede's pivot and it's pretty weird. You can skip the animation of returning to standing position and it makes you look like you moves up when you ultimately would have turn there anyway. Also, I think you can cause a sliding affect with the pivot and running after, but I don't know how to do it constantly.

I'm starting to see why you like it.

DUB

Smash Lord
Speaking of little things, how many of you are comfortable with drop shield turn around grab?(not just after something touches your shield either) Or drop shield turn Around shield? Or down tilting with out actually crouching? Just practicing these 'soft inputs' as I like to call them can greatly increase your game. This also helps with DI and moving your shield bubble to where you need it in dire situations. :p

This. Been practicing buffered grabs backwards OoS to be more percise with punishes and spotdoges. One slip up and you eat a 21% f-tilt.

Also, mix ups. Compared to other characters I've played (Diddy/Pika), I feel I get predictable more quickly or a lot less often. Maybe it's because DDD is a much simplistic character. Besides f-tilt spacing,b-air for anti-air, and grabs.

Something I've been doing lately that has been working 80% of the time. After RARing bairs on an opponent a couple times, the next time I approach in a smilar fashion, I run up, RAR, and B-reverse an inhale. It covers shield, and if they roll to you and most of the time they just stay and shield.

Also, landing u-tilt? I understand you can AD into the ground or FF N-air, are their any waves to achieve this kill move? Maybe a move discussion would be beneficial? " You can Perfect Shield X move and get free up-tilt" or something. Just bounhcing ideas.

Top Bottom