• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legends Were True: Falcon's Footstool ---> Falcon Kick Tech!

PenguinStorm

Smash Rookie
As many have speculated, Falcon Kick is a hidden badass move in C. Falcon's arsenal.
Unfortunately, it hasn't received the credit it's due. Some poor fools use it as a for glory
roll punish. Others mixup their recoveries to include the fiery strike.

That's why I'm here to herald a new usage of Falcon kick. It is far from optimal, but it sure is sexy. :4falcon:

As many who have dabbled in footstool tech before know, footstools are a great opening for combos, but difficult to land in a match. Most of the characters who utilize them have clever setups to aid in landing a footstool
For us, it's something as easy as counting from 1 to 2.
That's right, footstooling with falcon is just as viable and easy to do as jab jab grab.

THE FACTS:
After the Falcon's first two jabs, he can immediately jump off of the head of the unfortunate opponent. This executes a standing footstool, which isn't the same tumbling aerial footstools, but leaves them just as vulnerable. From this advantageous point, Captain Falcon can blaze up a Falcon Kick upon their head.

It's as simple as that.

•It works at every %.
•It should work on every character (they probably need to be decently tall like :4sheik: or :4lucina: to land easily).
•Deals an easy mode 19%
•Sexy af

FOLLOW UPS:

There are no guaranteed follow ups after this attack. It doesn't kill much sooner than a gentlemen so it's optimal range of usage would probably be mid to low percent for some swift fiery damage.
In addition to this damage, sometimes the gods will give you a miracle:
If you land this technique at 0% and the opponent tumbles into the ground, missing their tech, THEY ARE IN RANGE FOR AN FTILT LOCK. I take it back, this just might be optimal.

Not really, but it's about time we had a chance to stand on the heads of our enemies and use our Falcon Kick.

Please, advance and discuss this tech, we need to push this character to his muscly limits.

TheSausXL

Smash Cadet
Good lookin my man. C.Falcon is truly a god among men and with this sleek mixup it just increases his divinity. I really wish they'd decrease the landing lag on the kick so people would use it more often because it is indeed a freaking sweet move.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Wait

You can't actually be serious.

You are really Trying to tell me that not only do you think that jab 2, which doesnt even net frame advantage when not cancleled into jab 3, COMBOS INTO FOOTSTOOL, but also that you think that the optimal follow up is FALCON KICK?

Is this a troll post?

Jab 2 on all fastfallers nets a frame advatage of 0 in all circumstances when not interupted by jab 3.

Jab 2 on all non fastfallers nets a frame advatage of between -2 and -4 in all circumstances when not interrupted by jab 3

Now maybe i would not feel like throwing my computer against the wall if you were reffering to a an airdodge trap against floaty characters where if they airdodged, they would be vulerable to your footstool falcon kick nonsense, but even then, GRAB IS BETTER.

Falcon kick does 24 damage when both hits connect.

Down throw nair upair does 26

Falcon takes between 7 and 9 frames to footstool his opponent depending on size.

Falcon's grab is 7 frames.

Please somebody help me.

Im sorry, that was mean.

I don't think this is useful at all. Why would you ever do this instead of grab?

Last edited:

PenguinStorm

Smash Rookie
Wait

You can't actually be serious.

You are really Trying to tell me that not only do you think that jab 2, which doesnt even net frame advantage when not cancleled into jab 3, COMBOS INTO FOOTSTOOL, but also that you think that the optimal follow up is FALCON KICK?

Is this a troll post?

Jab 2 on all fastfallers nets a frame advatage of 0 in all circumstances when not interupted by jab 3.

Jab 2 on all non fastfallers nets a frame advatage of between -2 and -4 in all circumstances when not interrupted by jab 3

Now maybe i would not feel like throwing my computer against the wall if you were reffering to a an airdodge trap against floaty characters where if they airdodged, they would be vulerable to your footstool falcon kick nonsense, but even then, GRAB IS BETTER.

Falcon kick does 24 damage when both hits connect.

Down throw nair upair does 26

Falcon takes between 7 and 9 frames to footstool his opponent depending on size.

Falcon's grab is 7 frames.

Please somebody help me.

Im sorry, that was mean.

I don't think this is useful at all. Why would you ever do this instead of grab?

Well my friend, I did specifically state that this combo is anything but optimal. Additionally I said this is a mixup, so only as guaranteed as a grab after jab 1 and 2. I'm very well aware of this move's limitations, but in NO WAY is this a troll post.

I hoped this would have been clear by my words before, but I'll say it again.

FACT: Falcon Kick is badass

FACT: Many are unaware that you can perform a standing footstool on opponents at any % with the essentially same safety as jab 1-2 into grab (as you said it's ~2 frame difference).

FACT Footstool = guaranteed chance to use the almighty Falcon Kick.

If you had made this discovery (after having not found any mention of it in any Captain Falcon forum anywhere), I ask you sir,
would you decide not to bring the good news because it's SUB OPTIMAL?
I hope not.

At the very least, this is a new way to disrespect, something Falcon has always excelled at.

Thank you for reading and responding to my post, I hope you now understand my intentions.

Last edited:

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for reading and responding to my post, I hope you now understand my intentions.
Look this could easily be a useful thread. If it was about the fact that jab jab is frame neutral on many characters and gives you a good chance to mixup your opponent. Maybe with like a list of charcters its frame neutral on and then a list of possible mixup options.

Maybe jab jab falcon kick kills earlier than down throw up air? I dont actually know or care to learn because i think the setup is to unreliable, but maybe its a good option.

I get it that you think falcon kick is cool. Fine. Whatever, but if your opponent does anything. Anything. Walk backward. Crouch. Shield. Begin to attack. Your footstool timing either changes or the window closes, and your now above your opponent without a double jump.

"Look its just a cool setup". Fine. But id like to point out you dont see people make threads about ftilt-> roll in-> reverse falcon punch because it covers late roll away or some crap. Let alone with the title "The legends are true"

Whatever. All of this my opinion of course.

Sorry for the hate. Good luck with the thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom