• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
If you guys remember the blue dot by the Smash Bros. channel, it turns out that when it appeared on Monday, Terry wasn't quite ready at the time it appeared, according to Sabi (he said it has happened previously so it's nothing new). Probably means a change in a playlist.

Irregardless, I still think Terry's coming on Tuesday or Wednesday since his release was changed from "November 2019" to "Coming soon". I think what we'll see at the beginning of his presentation video is a second trailer for him, since his reveal trailer didn't show any actual gameplay aside from his model at the end.

I still think he will most likely release tomorrow because of the copyright thing on the spirit event

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Question: When Joker's release was changed to "Coming Soon", how long was the gap between then and his day of release? Maybe that can give us a better idea on when exactly he'll release?
It was about a week and a half IIRC.

Edit: Yeah, found the dates. Joker was "coming soon" on April 5 then released on the 17th.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
If he wasn’t going to release today, why would they update the copyright for that spirit event today?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
If he wasn’t going to release today, why would they update the copyright for that spirit event today?
The only thing I can think of is if there’s surprise SNK spirits in the new event they didn’t tell people about. And even then it’s doubtful.

Doesn’t help that the copyright is still on the event.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
https://twitter.com/Ruben_dal/status/1190135979656527873
Interesting situation going on right now. Terry's release date on the DLC page no longer says "Coming Soon" and says "November 2019" again. There is maintenance scheduled on Wednesday. Kind of confusing. Seems like he's coming next week after all. But we'll see what happens.
Well, the Coming Soon text meant nothing, but now we have at least a hint at a concrete date. Now all we do is wait...

Anyone care to wait with me?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
The only thing I can think of is if there’s surprise SNK spirits in the new event they didn’t tell people about. And even then it’s doubtful.

Doesn’t help that the copyright is still on the event.

The event started earlier and there have been no SNK spirits in sight

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So how long has it been since KoF allstars released?

I kinda got bored already.
I think investing too much on one of these mobile games burned me out of all of them. Even if KoF went beat em up instead of rpg like nearly all of them do, it’s still not enough. It’s the format which I find exhausting.

Still had a lot of fun with it. Would have loved having Vanessa from the get go.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Terry's release date depends on if his 7/11 ad comes tomorrow (or in the case over in Japan, later today) or later this month.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman

Terry's release date depends on if his 7/11 ad comes tomorrow (or in the case over in Japan, later today) or later this month.
How long does it usually take for them to release after the ad pops up

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
So how long has it been since KoF allstars released?

I kinda got bored already.
I think investing too much on one of these mobile games burned me out of all of them. Even if KoF went beat em up instead of rpg like nearly all of them do, it’s still not enough. It’s the format which I find exhausting.

Still had a lot of fun with it. Would have loved having Vanessa from the get go.
About a week and a half, I'm still having fun with it. Given, I have a good idea of what events to expect in the future. Aiming to have a team of all Angel cause why not, after that I might stop, it depends on what happens with it. This mobage isn't a replacement for a true KoF game but it'll keep me occupied until XV at least.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
How long does it usually take for them to release after the ad pops up
As far as I'm aware, the ads at 7/11 are up for a little over a month. As for the characters who were shown in previous ads (all times are in JST - Japan time):
  • The ad that featured Hero ended on August 4. Hero was released on July 30.
  • The ad that featured Banjo and Kazooie lasted from August 5 to September 15. Banjo and Kazooie were released on September 4.
Judging by the release dates of both Hero and Banjo, the 7/11 ads don't really give us an entirely specific timeframe on character release date but they do give us an idea on when they'll come out. We'll see what the new 7/11 ad looks like, but I think it's a good idea to wait for an official announcement from Nintendo on when we'll get Terry, even if it's later this month.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
As far as I'm aware, the ads at 7/11 are up for a little over a month. As for the characters who were shown in previous ads (all times are in JST - Japan time):
  • The ad that featured Hero ended on August 4. Hero was released on July 30.
  • The ad that featured Banjo and Kazooie lasted from August 5 to September 15. Banjo and Kazooie were released on September 4.
Judging by the release dates of both Hero and Banjo, the 7/11 ads don't really give us an entirely specific timeframe on character release date but they do give us an idea on when they'll come out. We'll see what the new 7/11 ad looks like, but I think it's a good idea to wait for an official announcement from Nintendo on when we'll get Terry, even if it's later this month.
Thanks for the knowledge

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Imagine Sakurai starting the Terry gameplay presentation with some Capcom vs. SNK music, and there's a brief cutscene showing a character select screen (the CvS 1 screen) and both Terry and Ken being selected. The cutscene then transitions to a match in-game (SSBU) between both Terry and Ken, in Terry's stage. And to put the cherry on top, it is shown that when Terry fights 1 vs 1 against Ryu, or Ken, they interact with their special intros from the CvS games. :2gud:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Imagine Sakurai starting the Terry gameplay presentation with some Capcom vs. SNK music, and there's a brief cutscene showing a character select screen (the CvS 1 screen) and both Terry and Ken being selected. The cutscene then transitions to a match in-game (SSBU) between both Terry and Ken, in Terry's stage. And to put the cherry on top, it is shown that when Terry fights 1 vs 1 against Ryu, or Ken, they interact with their special intros from the CvS games. :2gud:
dont.jpg

This would be perfect.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer for Terry to be released. Ad is up until the 17th. Maybe a week before Thanksgiving?
Someone pointed this out in the Twitter thread...
So, there's still hope for an early release?

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
i think we can all agree the way these dlc characters are handled isn't good....all it's done is push fans to make crazy theories on when the next character will be released because we're always kept in the dark so long that's all we can do is make weird theories and drive each other nuts with the slightest little hint a character maybe coming soon

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So... it’s between now and November 30?

Better turn my hype off momentarily, this could take a while. :(
Well, there is that Wednesday maintenance coming up, so hopefully that’s a sign for a Direct on that particular day.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
It just dawned on me that... with Terry coming to SSBU, imagine them making a Terry poster, with some of the SSBU characters, in the SNK artstyle. :eek: That would look so SIIIIICK!!! Imagine Ganondorf, Link, Zelda, Peach, Zero Suit Samus, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Bayonetta, Cloud, Shulk, Marth, and so on, drawn in the style of SNK. Oh my God that would be GLORIOUS!!!

In regards to Terry's release, I'm leaning to him being released around next Wednesday (Nov. 6th), or Thursday (Nov. 7th) despite the recent 7/11 ad not showing anything about him. We got maintenance on the Switch's Network those two days and chances are that one of those two might be Challenger Pack 4 being uploaded to the Network.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It just dawned on me that... with Terry coming to SSBU, imagine them making a Terry poster, with some of the SSBU characters, in the SNK artstyle. :eek: That would look so SIIIIICK!!! Imagine Ganondorf, Link, Zelda, Peach, Zero Suit Samus, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Bayonetta, Cloud, Shulk, Marth, and so on, drawn in the style of SNK. Oh my God that would be GLORIOUS!!!
It would be great, but I don't know how likely it is since we didn't get a Smash poster drawn by Akira Toriyama for Hero, a poster of Banjo reuniting with his fellow N64 mascots for Banjo, etc. It seems like newcomer-specific posters were only for Smash 4.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Terry is most likely dropping next week rn just feels sorta like nintendos still trying to keep it a "surprise"

> Terrys release date changed to coming soon then was changed back after everyone blew up about it
> maintenance on the day most dlc chars drop usually
> The ads dont mean much really especially since this is a super stacked month with several games dropping
> The SNK trademark added to the recent spirit event seems pointless if hes not coming REALLY soon otherwise why not wait?

Im like 99% sure hes dropping next week

LegoFedora

Smash Rookie
Signs are starting to point to a mid to late Nov release (The 7/11 ads, the amiibo wave pattern, "coming soon" changed to "November 2019"
Although I wonder, what if "Coming Soon" was changed back to "November 2019" in an attempt to backpedal a mistake that was done too early. Like what happened with bloody tears being quickly changed to the galaga melody the night before the belmont reveal.
Surely multiple days of maintenance next week have to point to something too right?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Signs are starting to point to a mid to late Nov release (The 7/11 ads, the amiibo wave pattern, "coming soon" changed to "November 2019"
Although I wonder, what if "Coming Soon" was changed back to "November 2019" in an attempt to backpedal a mistake that was done too early. Like what happened with bloody tears being quickly changed to the galaga melody the night before the belmont reveal.
Surely multiple days of maintenance next week have to point to something too right?
That just makes the copyright on the spirit event thing even more silly.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Terry time is upon us as Sakurai will be doing his presentation on the Hungry Wolf this Wednesday!

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
AHHHHHHHHHHHH GUYS AHHHHHJKL;/MJK
,MKL;'.,MKL;.MN MLP;MN LP;.,M NL;M HES HERE ON WEDNESDAY.

Top Bottom