• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Been binge-watching as much KoF stuff lately this week and still haven't gone through my anime watchlist...that's just how hype the reveal was...

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
I'm wondering how he's going to be combo wise. Do you think he should have some of his really simple combos like cl.HP -> 3HP -> 214K or should they go with something more different than Ryu/Ken when it comes to combos?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm wondering how he's going to be combo wise. Do you think he should have some of his really simple combos like cl.HP -> 3HP -> 214K or should they go with something more different than Ryu/Ken when it comes to combos?
I feel like his stuff is gonna borrow from the KOF14 mechanics of stacking and changing up moves and combos based on inputs. That would separate his command inputs from Ryu and Ken. I have to wonder if Max Mode would be incorporated, too...

D

Deleted member

I feel like his stuff is gonna borrow from the KOF14 mechanics of stacking and changing up moves and combos based on inputs. That would separate his command inputs from Ryu and Ken. I have to wonder if Max Mode would be incorporated, too...
Max Mode is basically Cloud Limit Charge that soon makes you Arsene!Joker for a couple of seconds. Highly doubt it'll happen or that'll be OP.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Another possibility may be hard to implement, but maybe a sidestep or foreground/background dodge a la Real Bout?

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I know that when it comes to Rising Tackle, one of you (Pwnz0rz) is iffy on charge inputs in Smash (Maybe the Shoryuken motion could work, but I wanna open my options), but if they do, I think I've found a solution.

Tell me: charge inputs require holding the joystick, right? Remember what other attacks require holding the joystick? Smash attacks, which are often used competitively with the c-stick! What I'm getting is, instead of using :GCD:(hold)+:GCU:+:GCA:, you use {:GCCD::GCU:} or {:GCD::GCCU:}. Normally, using the normal joystick for charge inputs while in the air would cause accidental fast-falling like Pwnz0rz said, but if charge inputs require the c-stick for usage, then that should mean problem solved, right? The c-stick would simultaneously handle the holding and A button part, making this totally an easy fix!

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Is it bad that I'm so annoyed by 'Hat Ken' meme?
Just enjoy it. Like dedede is hat goomba. They will be the ones to look like idiots in time. It is obvious he is not Ken. and they are just trying to rile people up. If you ignore them or even use it yourself, they will get bored.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
You fools! He's Gamer Dad Ken!

(I get annoyed at the types who say it seriously as a way to dismiss him and not bother understanding why he's such an awesome character, but as a joke it can be fun amongst fans, especially with their CvS history.)

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
So I know that when it comes to Rising Tackle, one of you (Pwnz0rz) is iffy on charge inputs in Smash (Maybe the Shoryuken motion could work, but I wanna open my options), but if they do, I think I've found a solution.

Tell me: charge inputs require holding the joystick, right? Remember what other attacks require holding the joystick? Smash attacks, which are often used competitively with the c-stick! What I'm getting is, instead of using :GCD:(hold)+:GCU:+:GCA:, you use {:GCCD::GCU:} or {:GCD::GCCU:}. Normally, using the normal joystick for charge inputs while in the air would cause accidental fast-falling like Pwnz0rz said, but if charge inputs require the c-stick for usage, then that should mean problem solved, right? The c-stick would simultaneously handle the holding and A button part, making this totally an easy fix!
What if Rising Tackle ends up being his up-air and Power Dunk his up-special? :V

GolisoPower

Smash Master
What if Rising Tackle ends up being his up-air and Power Dunk his up-special? :V
Interesting point to make. Power Dunk does kind of look like a cross between Cross Chop and Jolt Haymaker, but in that regard I kind of imagine that being his dash attack if Crack Shoot ends up as something else like his Side Smash. Rising Tackle, on the other hand, seems more like an Up-B than Power Dunk, at least in my view.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don’t really see them doing the teams for classic, because Terry’s representing Fatal Fury. But it Would be really hype if they did.

This is my team list.

Team Nintendo :ultmario: :ultlink: :ultsamus:
Team Pokémon :ultlucario: :ultincineroar: :ultpikachu: libre
Team SEGA :ultsonic: :ultbayonetta: :ultjoker:
Team Konami :ultsimon: :ultsnake: :ultrichter:
Team Rare :ultbanjokazooie: :ultdiddy: :ultkrool:
Team Square-Enix :ulthero: :ultcloud: :ulthero:(Erdrick)
(Bonus Round)
Team Capcom :ultryu: :ultken: :ultmegaman:

Not sure who would be Terry’s teammates, but I like the :ultlittlemac: and :ultgreninja: idea.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don’t really see them doing the teams for classic, because Terry’s representing Fatal Fury. But it Would be really hype if they did.

This is my team list.

Team Nintendo :ultmario: :ultlink: :ultsamus:
Team Pokémon :ultlucario: :ultincineroar: :ultpikachu: libre
Team SEGA :ultsonic: :ultbayonetta: :ultjoker:
Team Konami :ultsimon: :ultsnake: :ultrichter:
Team Rare :ultbanjokazooie: :ultdiddy: :ultkrool:
Team Square-Enix :ulthero: :ultcloud: :ulthero:(Erdrick)
(Bonus Round)
Team Capcom :ultryu: :ultken: :ultmegaman:

Not sure who would be Terry’s teammates, but I like the :ultlittlemac: and :ultgreninja: idea.
Interesting. But I also had in mind that to even up the match since it's always 3v3, I probably think he will be supported by two characters standjng for different SNK characters.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So, I’m pretty casual KOF player. If I can pull off a Super, or an Ultra or however they call them in KOF, I’d feel like an EVO champ.

My most played ones have been, 98, 99, 2000, and 2001. But in present time, I play XIII a lot. (At least I think it’s XIII. The one where Mai’s sprite bounces just for existing).

What unique gimmicks should I familiarize myself with to prepare for Terry’s transition to Smash?

(Of course I’m picking up Terry now a lot, but, unrelated, my team used to be: King and Leona. 3rd character depends on the game.)

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
What unique gimmicks should I familiarize myself with to prepare for Terry’s transition to Smash?
Honestly Smash has a lot of KOF's mechanics in certain respects, short hopping, dodge rolls, spot dodges, most of what you'd probably have to get used to would be if he has any sort of KoF meters of any kind in his Smash interpretation.

Or if he has the more advanced versions of short hops from KOF aptly named Hyper Hops.

And give this a watch. (Good for anyone playing KOF in general)

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So, I’m pretty casual KOF player. If I can pull off a Super, or an Ultra or however they call them in KOF, I’d feel like an EVO champ.

My most played ones have been, 98, 99, 2000, and 2001. But in present time, I play XIII a lot. (At least I think it’s XIII. The one where Mai’s sprite bounces just for existing).

(Of course I’m picking up Terry now a lot, but, unrelated, my team used to be: King and Leona. 3rd character depends on the game.)
Glad you enjoy the KoF games :). Since you like the NESTS saga games you should totally check out 2002, preferably the UM edition. It's widely regarded as one of the bests in the series.

I guess for now I would just practice with the special move inputs specifically by using Ryu or Ken, since Terry will probably have that same gimmick as well. If Terry's up-B is his rising tackle with a charge input, you might want to practice being able to pull it off in the KoF games where it's charged-based (which is in just about all of them except for 98).

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On a side note, KOF: Another Day seems decent enough if you want to eliminate the middleman and just have sick fights. Only canon to the Impact games though.

Is it bad that I'm so annoyed by 'Hat Ken' meme?
Still beats the BWD fans constantly having to put up with 'Hat Goomba', and he hasn't been confirmed in this lifetime yet.

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
He's in my "totally impossible" dream picks as well, though I wish his custom icon would still work. It helps that he hasn't been Mii costumed like Tails.

There is another...

The realisation dawned on me this morning.
Bonk got a lot of love on these boards way back in the Brawl speculation days. You don't hear too much about him these days, which is too bad. I have an old EGM from 1991 that had him on the cover right there with Mario and Sonic.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Hey this is gonna be kind of a weird question but...have any of you found any reaction videos to Terry's trailer from Spanish-speaking people? That one collection of reactions Ragged Knowledge made only has a single Spanish-speaking person reacting, and they don't even show his reaction to Terry himself, only up to Iori's segment.

Ironically, I'm Mexican-American but I never visited Mexico for too long the few times I traveled south, so unfortunately as happy as I was from a secondhand perspective I really wanna see more Latin American reactions and see just how excited they got to see the excitement up close.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Hey this is gonna be kind of a weird question but...have any of you found any reaction videos to Terry's trailer from Spanish-speaking people? That one collection of reactions Ragged Knowledge made only has a single Spanish-speaking person reacting, and they don't even show his reaction to Terry himself, only up to Iori's segment.

Ironically, I'm Mexican-American but I never visited Mexico for too long the few times I traveled south, so unfortunately as happy as I was from a secondhand perspective I really wanna see more Latin American reactions and see just how excited they got to see the excitement up close.
Here is one that I found. For reference he did some Smash videos on Terry and Kyo nearly a year before the SNK leaks and was a big KoF fan in general. He was pretty excited and knew everyone's names, but you can tell that he wanted Kyo more.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
(32)[/QUOTE]
Honestly Smash has a lot of KOF's mechanics in certain respects, short hopping, dodge rolls, spot dodges, most of what you'd probably have to get used to would be if he has any sort of KoF meters of any kind in his Smash interpretation.

Or if he has the more advanced versions of short hops from KOF aptly named Hyper Hops.

And give this a watch. (Good for anyone playing KOF in general)
Ah cool, thanks!
Yeah, I’m expecting meters of some kind. Although I also heard something about every move being cancellable into another one.

Glad you enjoy the KoF games :). Since you like the NESTS saga games you should totally check out 2002, preferably the UM edition. It's widely regarded as one of the bests in the series.
Thanks for the tip! I would like to get the latest KOF game before XII that’s available on Switch if possible. But I’ll definitely look into that one too.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Here is one that I found. For reference he did some Smash videos on Terry and Kyo nearly a year before the SNK leaks and was a big KoF fan in general. He was pretty excited and knew everyone's names, but you can tell that he wanted Kyo more.
Ahh, that's a great one, but it's also the one I already saw in Ragged Knowledge's video. Thanks for linking it though, now I saw how he reacted to Terry and his later gameplay showcase teaser.

It's so strange. After seeing so many Japanese reactions to other characters like The Hero and Banjo & Kazooie, it feels nice to watch a reaction video in a language other than English I can understand :D

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I recorded this too, one of my guilty pleasure games lmao

Just showing off Terry's blue alt and some of the nice sprite work despite this game being janky as heck. (I'm also randomly decent at it)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Ahh, that's a great one, but it's also the one I already saw in Ragged Knowledge's video. Thanks for linking it though, now I saw how he reacted to Terry and his later gameplay showcase teaser.

It's so strange. After seeing so many Japanese reactions to other characters like The Hero and Banjo & Kazooie, it feels nice to watch a reaction video in a language other than English I can understand :D
You can find a bunch on YouTube by searching for "reacción terry bogard". My favorite one was already linked but there are loads of people who are clearly really excited. There's also one from an English-speaking fan who was such a huge fan of Terry that all his stream notifications were changed to Terry and it it warms my heart: https://youtu.be/iAfo4llGqVM

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You can find a bunch on YouTube by searching for "reacción terry bogard". My favorite one was already linked but there are loads of people who are clearly really excited. There's also one from an English-speaking fan who was such a huge fan of Terry that all his stream notifications were changed to Terry and it it warms my heart: https://youtu.be/iAfo4llGqVM
The one with the three dudes was great, I like how the most exciting part to them was the announcement of more DLC.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Thanks for the advice. It led me to this reaction, which was very heartwarming to me.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Big SNK sale on Steam!

King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match and King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match are available for less than $4 a piece.

King of Fighters XIII is available for $4.99.

And the latest, King of Fighters XIV is only $45 with all DLC!

If you ever wanted to learn more about Terry or get into KOF, this is a great way to do it! Some of the best in the series!
Would KOF98 Ultimate Match be worth it if I've already played the base KOF98? On one hand, I think the game only adds about seven characters from the original (Kasumi Todoh, Eiji Kisaragi, the boss team from KOF96, Goenitz, and Orochi), but on the other hand, I don't know what other changes have been made. (plus the 96 Boss Team was my favourite to play in that game, and I was disappointed that they weren't included in 98 even though almost every other KOF character was)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Would KOF98 Ultimate Match be worth it if I've already played the base KOF98? On one hand, I think the game only adds about seven characters from the original (Kasumi Todoh, Eiji Kisaragi, the boss team from KOF96, Goenitz, and Orochi), but on the other hand, I don't know what other changes have been made. (plus the 96 Boss Team was my favourite to play in that game, and I was disappointed that they weren't included in 98 even though almost every other KOF character was)
I would say so. Both 98 and 2002 are just excellently polished and balanced to go along with their big rosters - very much like Smash Ultimate. Plus the additional Steam features combined with low price makes it almost a no-brainer in my eyes.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I would say so. Both 98 and 2002 are just excellently polished and balanced to go along with their big rosters - very much like Smash Ultimate. Plus the additional Steam features combined with low price makes it almost a no-brainer in my eyes.
Thanks! I got 98, and playing around in the options helped me realize that there were similar battle options in the King of Fighters 2002 (which I already had on the Xbox 360). That helped me to unlock Orochi in 98 and Omega Rugal in 2002. (though I don't have Zero, Igniz, or Geese in 2002 yet)

D

Deleted member

Aughh...

First, I checked the 98 Ultimate Match mame rom and FFS it's 1.5 GB on my phone...thank goodness I have the base 98 mame rom.

Second, couldn't nab 2002 due to the fact that the rom lacks chd files..

Top Bottom