• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Out of curiosity, I'm wondering who people think the remaining King of Fighters XV characters will be.

As of now, there are four unknown characters, and three teams that are incomplete (one with Ash Crimson, one with K', and one that's completely unknown). Admittedly, I have no idea if the roster's been leaked for this game.

I'm not familiar with the King of Fighters games post-98, but by my understanding, Whip and Kula Diamond have teamed up with K' in the past. Kula Diamond hasn't been announced yet, but she seems like a safe pick, so I could see a team consisting of those three.

I know nothing about Ash Crimson or Kukri, so I don't know if they'd team up with each other or be on separate teams. However, going by the SNK wiki, Kukri helped Elizabeth find Ash Crimson in KOF14, so maybe those three could be a team here?

To my knowledge, Kim Kaphwan is a series mainstay, so I don't think they'd leave him out. (then again, I think they've left out Mai in the past) Maybe the completely unknown team could be Kim, Angel, and another former villain that Kim is trying to redeem. However, that concept is so broad that it could pretty much be anybody - Eiji Kisaragi? Billy Kane? Sylvie Paula Paula? While not a villain, Nadj from KOF14 has a very different sense of justice from Kim (punishing the wicked rather than trying to redeem them), so maybe she could work as a third member.

I'm hoping that they bring back Rugal Bernstein as a boss - the previous game went out of its way to revive him from the dead along with most if not all other dead characters. (Orochi was revived but immediately sealed away, by my understanding)

TL;DR: my predictions are:

-K' Team - K', Whip, Kula Diamond
-Ash Crimson Team: Ash, Elizabeth, Kukri
-Kim Team: Kim, Angel, Nadj
-Bosses: Verse (sub-boss - from what I've read, he's been confirmed to be in the game), Rugal (boss, though that's more of a hope on my part)

EDIT: Since I've posted this, Team K' has been confirmed to be K', Whip, and Maxima, while team Krohnen has been confirmed to be Krohnen (basically K9999/Nameless), Angel, and Kula Diamond. This leaves Ash Crimson's team and the boss left to be confirmed. (Apparently, leaks that have proven to be accurate so far indicate that it'll be Elizabeth on Ash's team and Rugal as the boss. The leaks also list DLC characters, so be warned)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's been over two months since I last posted here, but I figure it's worth posting something new in this thread because the Goose is loose!

I need to play as a wider variety of characters in SNK games - I don't think I've played as Yamazaki (though I remember how he fights - the whip hands felt cheap, considering their speed/range), and I don't even remember fighting against Gato in Garou.

This matches up with the DLC leak that I mentioned earlier, though interestingly, there's a fourth team that wasn't in that leak.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's been over two months since I last posted here, but I figure it's worth posting something new in this thread because the Goose is loose!

I need to play as a wider variety of characters in SNK games - I don't think I've played as Yamazaki (though I remember how he fights - the whip hands felt cheap, considering their speed/range), and I don't even remember fighting against Gato in Garou.

This matches up with the DLC leak that I mentioned earlier, though interestingly, there's a fourth team that wasn't in that leak.
Disregarding the leak, I figured those two teams would show up. I'm also at least predicting Kim/Chang/Choi will show up eventually, and at least one of these teams:

• Oswald/Shen/Duo Lon
  • Heavy D/Lucky/Brian (if they REALLY want to Shatter All Expectations™)
  • Marco/Fio/Tarma or Eri
  • Some sort of guest team from a non-SNK fighter

toonito

Smash Ace
Now that Samurai Showdown has a team in KOF XV i think it's time that Metal Slug also gets a team in KOF

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Rugal was added to KOF15 today for free through an update. Surprisingly, the boss challenge wasn't as unfair as I was expecting - his attacks did a ton of damage, but he doesn't heal between rounds, and I was able to beat him on my third try by rolling to get behind him and then using the auto-combo (hitting light punch) whenever I got the chance. (though there were moments where he grabbed me as soon as I got behind him, or he grabbed me with his boss-exclusive super when I was in mid-roll) It was still close, so it's not like this completely broke his AI or anything, but it felt fair despite being challenging.

(then again, I also knew from other KOF games that jumping in his direction would almost certainly lead to me being hit by a Genocide Cutter, so I stayed grounded)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Maybe not the actual place for it but what are you guys' thoughts and dreams about the new game? Do you think they would just remade what they had in the original prototype (that we know due leaks) or throw that away and go for a different direction?, the whole cast of MotW would come back?, only a few?, characters from the previous Fatal Fury games would come back too? Is this going to be the end of Rock's story or they would leave path for a Garou 3?

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Maybe not the actual place for it but what are you guys' thoughts and dreams about the new game? Do you think they would just remade what they had in the original prototype (that we know due leaks) or throw that away and go for a different direction?, the whole cast of MotW would come back?, only a few?, characters from the previous Fatal Fury games would come back too? Is this going to be the end of Rock's story or they would leave path for a Garou 3?
Here are my roster predictions:

Veterans
  1. Rock Howard
  2. Terry Bogard
  3. Gato
  4. Hokutomaru
  5. Freeman
  6. Kevin Rian
  7. Marco Rodriguez
  8. B. Jenet
  9. Hotaru Futaba
  10. Kim Dong Hwan
  11. Kim Jae Hoon
  12. Tizoc
  13. Kain R. Heinlein

Possible new roster additions?
  1. Billy Kane
  2. Jess Young
  3. Kuan Konta
  4. Daniel Hale
  5. Ed Palmer
  6. Dolvic Bourne (AKA Boss Fur)
  7. Geki Kibao

Possible title
Garou: Sympathy for the Wolves

Also, Lizardcube (of Streets of Rage 4 fame) did a mock-up for a Garou 2:

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

From the looks of things, season 2 of KOF15's DLC is individual characters rather than teams. (there's six in total, and aside from Kim Kaphwan and Shingo, two others are confirmed in this trailer)

Shingo comes out on January 17th.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

From the looks of things, season 2 of KOF15's DLC is individual characters rather than teams. (there's six in total, and aside from Kim Kaphwan and Shingo, two others are confirmed in this trailer)

Shingo comes out on January 17th.
I still feel sad Season 2 isn’t getting more teams. If it was, here’s who I’d pick (going by the recent trailer):

Team Protégé
  • Shingo Yabuki
  • May Lee Jinju
  • Marco Rodriguez

Team Justice
  • Kim
  • Najd
  • Hon-Fu

Team New Idols
  • Sie Kensou
  • Sylvie Paula Paula
  • Duck King

And this one’s just for fun: US Sports Team
  • Heavy-D!
  • Lucky Glauber
  • Brian Battler

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I feel that we can be sure that PS5 and Steam are given, there is a chance to also see it on Xbox, not sure for Nintendo tbh.
I do agree that that PS5 and Steam are highly likely as well as maybe one for the Xbox series. As for the Nintendo Switch version, I'd put it down as a maybe considering that SNK had already done Switch ports for SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy and Samurai Shodown.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Yeah they are quite mixed when they do this, sometimes they do work with Nintendo to port it sometimes not. I think they can get into it tho considering that they can plug Terry's Smash appearence here.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
The interview came up ten days ago, and an art-style similar to Marvel vs. Capcom 3 makes sense now.

Top Bottom