• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

KatKit

Smash Lord
After spending like 30+ minutes in My Music and after much deliberation, I have decided to turn the two Psycho Soldier Themes all the way up in the slider. How fitting for the first vocalized song in gaming.

I'm not gonna lie though, it had some fierce competition. I chose about 10+ songs that play slightly less frequently.

The spirit battles were super fun; I did them all as Terry. I love how they chose the Zelda headgear/business suit combo to represent Geese.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The only thing that's disappointing is no whistle taunt. "Stand up" should've been one of his victory poses instead of him having two cap throws.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That’s a pretty good depiction of Terry’s sudden appearance in the Banjo. He overshadowed Banjo so hard that it wasn’t funny. No! It was hilarious!
I wouldn't say that per se as you know, Sans, but compared to Banjo, I've seen a lot more people on twitter talk about Terry. Though that's not entirely fair as barely anybody was talking about Banjo at all

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say that per se as you know, Sans, but compared to Banjo, I've seen a lot more people on twitter talk about Terry. Though that's not entirely fair as barely anybody was talking about Banjo at all
Banjo is only hype in idea but they aren’t hype in reality. It’s like how people think Inkling is the easy top tier with little to no flaws when they require way too much mental endurance out of the top tiers and get screwed over by comeback jank the most. People really love to watch and speculate ideas or concepts, but they sure aren’t interested in the reality of the outcome.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The mods have answered our prayers: Terry flairs are here!

:ult_terry::ult_terry::ult_terry::ult_terry::ult_terry::ult_terry::ult_terry:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
My brother mains Mii Gunner and he claims that on online someone used Terry's dodge attack as a reflector. Can anyone confirm/bust this rumor? If true, does this work for his up tilt, or do you have to dodge attack?

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Potentially easy Power Geyser input
Pretty much turns Up Tilt into a kill confirm around 70-80%. Down Tilt can true combo into Buster Wolf too actually at around the same %'s.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Got to say, Terry is probably one of my favorite inclusions to date

Everything from the moveset, stage, and the INCREDIBLE music, this was the easiest 5.99 I’ve spent in my life

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Got to say, Terry is probably one of my favorite inclusions to date

Everything from the moveset, stage, and the INCREDIBLE music, this was the easiest 5.99 I’ve spent in my life
As someone to whom Terry was initially a literally who, I'm loving him. I didn't think I'd say it, but I might put Terry as a secondary for me next to K. Rool.

Winyfiddle662

Smash Cadet
ive played him yesterday and my god was he so much fun to use
also im so mind that we got 50 songs 50 SONGS FOR ONE STAGE
god iam so happy to be an snk fan plus a terry and kyo fan

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
So out of curiosity anyone, what is your favorite remix to come from this pack? For me it's "Psycho Soldier" (both versions). I think it's fire!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So out of curiosity anyone, what is your favorite remix to come from this pack? For me it's "Psycho Soldier" (both versions). I think it's fire!
I’d have to say the Kurikinton remix. I love swinging jazz music, so that sort of called out to me.

But having heard both Psycho Soldiers, you, my friend, have good taste.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I love it dearly but my god the Stormy Saxophone 2 remix and Banquet of Nature remix get me.

SKX31

Smash Master
If anyone is interested, I searched the Chinese web (Weibo mostly) to look for their reactions to the Terry direct.

Aaand guess what the main talking point was? Yup, Mai's (or the fire dancer, as her nick there is*) absence. The translated "all ages" reason spread even there, and fast. One commenter even asked why Pikachu can appear if he's naked. Outside of that the reactions were likewise positive, so when Smash makes its way over there I do expect there to be significant interest in the game.

Overall 6.0.0. might not have garnered huge interest, but I'd still say significant. I'd guess it's since Smash has not been officially announced, and we still don't know how the DLC's going to be handled for the Chinese release. My stance's still that they might bundle the FP with Smash (since the Switch and Smash will likely release after FP's done, or very, very close to FP5 - and because of Terry), but I'm not personally 100 % sure of that.

*(The other nick I've found is Geese's - he's called "the Chicken" over there, because of his original death screen heard in Terry's trailer.)

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
One commenter even asked why Pikachu can appear if he's naked.
1573159187218.png

I'd guess it's since Smash has not been officially announced, and we still don't know how the DLC's going to be handled for the Chinese release. My stance's still that they might bundle the FP with Smash (since the Switch and Smash will likely release after FP's done, or very, very close to FP5 - and because of Terry), but I'm not personally 100 % sure of that.
Here is something I'd like to ask: what's the chance of the final Pass character also being big in China in the event that the Fighters Pass is really bundled with the rest of the game for the chinese release? Maybe they'd want to capitalize on that?

SKX31

Smash Master
Here is something I'd like to ask: what's the chance of the final Pass character also being big in China in the event that the Fighters Pass is really bundled with the rest of the game for the chinese release? Maybe they'd want to capitalize on that?
Not likely. Sakurai likely has other characters in mind. The next plausible characters big in China are your Blizzard / MOBA / Dynasty Warriors (Romance of the Three Kingdoms) characters, and none of them sound like favorites for FP5. With Tracer being the only possible exception I can think of. Besides, Nintendo's own stable (Mario / Pokemon / Zelda mainly) are well known over there, so I don't think another Chinese favorite is going to be a priority.

One of the main reasons I've been bringing up a potential bundle is that many of China's consoles are grey market imports from Hong Kong / Japan / even America. It'd make sense to bundle Terry and co. If only to encourage official buys / discourage grey market buys by effectively offering a discount. Also, having Terry (and co.) be Day 1 DLC there would be extremely odd. I'm also basing this on the assumption Tencent and SNK will put Terry alongside Mario, Pikachu etc. in ads to market Smash there.

I feel that another Chinese favorite, if any, are much more likely to be post Fighters Pass.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Pikachu is an animal. he's not the same as Mai.

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
11th Street bar none.

With other standouts for me being forest world, pasta, haremar faith capoeira school, banquet of nature, and art of fight~

I adore all 17 of em despite not being all that familiar with SNK as a whole!

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I hate the fact that I can’t remember ANY song from KOF, or Fatal Fury, or SNK in general.

Well, Nakoruru’s theme is hard to forget, and I recently found Andy’s Theme recognizable (for how out of place it feels, lol).
But don’t get me wrong, I’m loving he music. I just wish it would stick more so I could hum/whistle it when I’m bored.

Last edited:

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
I have no idea how im going to go back to playing wolf or bayonetta, this man is just too fun.

Last edited:

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Banquet of Nature and Tarkun and Kitapy/Raiden The Brave

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
Terry is definitely a secondary, potential main alongside the Belmonts and with Banjo as a third. He resolves one of the main gripes I had/have with the duo shotos. That is, the alternate normal attacks. It was always so frustrating playing Ryu, even back in Sm4sh, and accidentally getting a heavy jab when I wanted a normal to chain into a special move. With Terry, it's no longer an issue since I just need the special attack inputs.

Terry overall just exceeds my expectations. Out of the three fighting game characters, he's easily the most enjoyable and easiest to get into.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Terry is definitely a secondary, potential main alongside the Belmonts and with Banjo as a third. He resolves one of the main gripes I had/have with the duo shotos. That is, the alternate normal attacks. It was always so frustrating playing Ryu, even back in Sm4sh, and accidentally getting a heavy jab when I wanted a normal to chain into a special move. With Terry, it's no longer an issue since I just need the special attack inputs.

Terry overall just exceeds my expectations. Out of the three fighting game characters, he's easily the most enjoyable and easiest to get into.
Y'know, it's funny. The reason I got so into KOF was because not only was the first one I played ('99) just oozing with style and awesome characters, it also had smooth controls and intuitive combis that made me truly feel in control. It really feels like Sakurai managed to capture everything I love about SNK fighting games and encapsulate it into one of my favorite fighting game characters ever, and it's so awesome to see people not as familiar pick that up as well.

I'm loving seeing all the excitement for Terry!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok so I'm pretty sure Terry's gonna be high midtier at worst

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
The King of Fighters Arena has 20 stage cameos of characters from Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters. If you could add more (besides Mai, who I assume everyone wants in just on the principle of having all the important characters), which characters would you pick?

Here's my picks, in no particular order...
  1. Duck King
  2. Raiden / Big Bear
  3. Wolfgang Krauser
  4. Tizoc / King of Dinosaurs
  5. Robert Garcia
  6. Mr. Karate
  7. Eiji Kisaragi
  8. Kasumi Todoh
  9. Heidern and Leona
  10. Mature and Vice
  11. Shermie
  12. Alice
  13. Ash Crimson
  14. Heavy D
  15. Lucky Glauber
  16. Brian Battler
  17. Rugal Bernstein
  18. Marco and Fio
  19. General Morden
  20. Nakoruru

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The King of Fighters Arena has 20 stage cameos of characters from Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters. If you could add more (besides Mai, who I assume everyone wants in just on the principle of having all the important characters), which characters would you pick?

1. Duck King
  2. Raiden / Big Bear
  3. Wolfgang Krauser
  5. Robert Garcia
  6. Mr. Karate
  7. Eiji Kisaragi
  8. Kasumi Todoh
  9. Heidern and Leona
  10. Mature and Vice
  11. Shermie
  12. Alice
  13. Ash Crimson
  14. Heavy D
  15. Lucky Glauber
  16. Brian Battler
  17. Rugal Bernstein
  18. Marco and Fio
  19. General Morden
  20. Nakoruru
  1. K'
  2. Kula
  3. Duck King
  4. Raiden
  5. Robert
  6. Heavy D
  7. Lucky
  8. Brian
  9. Shingo
  10. Ryuhaku Todoh
  11. Rugal
  12. Leona
  13. Takuma
  14. Ash
  15. Shermie
  16. Goenitz
  17. Krauser
  18. Mr. Big
  19. Eiji
  20. Benimaru
I wouldn't add the Metal Slug crew to the stage, because it's not really their thing to be a part of KoF minus Fio in MI2. It is, however, Ryuhaku's thing to be a part of KoF...in the background.

Last edited:

cj.

Smash Journeyman

1. Duck King
  2. Raiden / Big Bear
  3. Wolfgang Krauser
  5. Robert Garcia
  6. Mr. Karate
  7. Eiji Kisaragi
  8. Kasumi Todoh
  9. Heidern and Leona
  10. Mature and Vice
  11. Shermie
  12. Alice
  13. Ash Crimson
  14. Heavy D
  15. Lucky Glauber
  16. Brian Battler
  17. Rugal Bernstein
  18. Marco and Fio
  19. General Morden
  20. Nakoruru
  1. Duck King
  2. Raiden / Big Bear
  3. Wolfgang Krauser
  5. Robert Garcia
  6. Mr. Karate
  7. Kula Diamond
  8. Ash Krimson
  9. Mr. Big
  10. K
  11. Haohmaru
  12. Nakoruru
  13. Alice
  14. Heidern
  15. Jubei Yamada
  16. Rugal Bernstein
  17. Marco & Fio
  18. Eri & Tarma
  19. Touji Sakata
  20. Leona Heidern

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fun fact today: I just went to a concert, and they had an arcade cabinet with KoF 1999. Tried Terry, Yuri, and Athena, but failed. Miserably.

Thing is, I need to get an arcade stick for Christmas.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Okay so there's one thing that bugs me about Terry, how 2 of his victory poses seem to be the same one but at a different angle.

Probably would have been cooler if one of his poses was the one from Mark of the wolves where he takes off his jacket and hangs it over his shoulder.

Top Bottom