• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

Folt

Smash Ace
just feels odd she got left out and the only reason was "Boobs!...Smash is For Little Children And Men Without Girlfriends"
Mai's character and design has far more problems than just boobs in terms of both censoring her and keeping her as Mai is what I think is the main problem here, compared to luckier characters (like Bayonetta).

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So what's the general consensus on KoF Stadium? Is it tournament legal? The side blast-lines are super short, but the invisible walls on both sides and how they work more than make up for it. Besides, I think it adds to the tournament aesthetic irl.

Is it a good enough stage to be a counterpick like Yggdrasil's Altar? Is it as iffy in terms of legality as Mementos? Is it flatout banned like Spiral Mountain? Because I think KoF Stadium should definitely be legal.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So what's the general consensus on KoF Stadium? Is it tournament legal? The side blast-lines are super short, but the invisible walls on both sides and how they work more than make up for it. Besides, I think it adds to the tournament aesthetic irl.

Is it a good enough stage to be a counterpick like Yggdrasil's Altar? Is it as iffy in terms of legality as Mementos? Is it flatout banned like Spiral Mountain? Because I think KoF Stadium should definitely be legal.
Definitely banned due to being able to camp the walls.

Game2018

Banned via Warnings
I almost cried tears of happiness when I heard the two remixes for Metal Slug! Wish Final Attack is remixed as well, though, but the main theme and Assault Theme are still nice!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It'd be such a missed opportunity for an actual fighting game stage to be banned in tournaments. I think the Ultimate ruleset should be modified to include it somehow. It's such a cool gimmick and would make for some crazy hype matches.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
It'd be such a missed opportunity for an actual fighting game stage to be banned in tournaments. I think the Ultimate ruleset should be modified to include it somehow. It's such a cool gimmick and would make for some crazy hype matches.
And if it’s legal, this might be the first legal stage in competitive Smash to have opportunities for 2D Fighting game-style wall-bounce combos. Unless there’s another legal stage I’m missing that does that...

Last edited:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Still sad about no Wild Wolf/Garou costume tbh, but other than that, Terry looks amazing, can't wait to play him tonight.

I would be eh about the lack of a Garou remix, but the fact there's 50 songs, I would feel spoiled for complaining lol.

D

Deleted member

I can definitely see people using that 'invisible wall' on the side of his stage to knock people off of and combo the crap out of them. That mechanic is probably why it's banned; too much combo potential for certain characters.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
i can't do Buster Wolf butI can do the other move.....can someone help a terry main out?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Stage better be legal at least for a while. Looks amazing.

I beat Geese spirit on my first attempt!
Had to play a little annoying and keep away. It was really close. I love the GO mechanic.
Terry has immense potential.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
RIP Mai, but boy howdy that everything else.

Psycho Soldier! Blue Mary and convicts cameos! Two side specials and three FSs in one! 50 songs, which aren't even in a medley! The relevancy/recognition fan rule being even more dead than it was already! Akira Mii costume! Plus it all released like today.

That's probably the best overview we've had so far. The Neo Geo X joke was pretty good, too.

That said, I can't say I didn't expect just palette swaps, but it's a nice touch to have them reflect different games, and even the anime.

Overall, SNK seems like the least difficult company to work with so far.

"Mai wasn't a cameo because smash is for good boys and girls"

sooo basically if you are dressed sexy then "LOL You don't even get to be a simple background character"
Technically, if you show more skin than just what's on top, you're toast. Attitude doesn't even matter.

Now people will understand how super-strict CERO has gotten since 4. ****ing ratings boards, I swear.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Quick, I want to pick a SNK game alongside Terry and I don't know which one to pick.

The original Fatal Fury or KoF98?

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
i can't do Buster Wolf butI can do the other move.....can someone help a terry main out?
When the analog stick is down, without releasing it, drag it against the rim to the right. After this put the analog stick back to neutral (center) and do it again in quick succession. Think about it like making a small counter clockwise motion in the lower right portion of the analog stick twice without stopping. It may seem really strict and precise at first, but you'll get used to the motion and eventually not even need to think about it.

Quick, I want to pick a SNK game alongside Terry and I don't know which one to pick.

The original Fatal Fury or KoF98?
KoF 98 of the two you listed. The first FF will probably just leave a bad impression on you. So for FF I'd recommend FF Special or if you want a more modern fighting game Real Bout FF 2. Note that none of these games have a real story to them as they're non-canon, you can learn more about the story and characters from the SNK wiki or various videos online. Shoryugame has covered all of the KoF arcs up to the latest release on YouTube and they're very informative. Though his accent can be hard to get digest.

Last edited:

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
I really, really like playing Terry. At first I was afraid that he would be a little too complex for me, like Ryu and Ken, but because his jump arc is more controllable and he doesn't have multiple normals that depend on how long you hold the button or how close you are to the opponent, I actually found him quite easy to get the hang of. All his moves seem useful and feel good to use. My absolute favourite thing is that you can cancel Buster Wolf into his Final Smash. If that's not the coolest way to end a match, I don't know what is.

As a side note, I beat Terry's Classic Mode on my first try and got to 9.9, just like Sakurai. It is probably among the easier ones though.

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is curious, here are some of Terry's stats:
  • Weight: 108, same as :ultsamus: and :ultdarksamus:
  • Walk speed: 0.85, between :ultsnake: and :ultken:
  • Dash speed: 1.65, same as :ultjigglypuff:
  • Run speed: 1.72, same as :ultpiranha:
  • Air speed: 0.95, between :ultpikachu: and :ultkrool:
  • Fall speed: 1.48, same as :ultpit: and :ultdarkpit:
Terry's weight being 108 surprises me. I'd thought he'd be around the same weight as Ryu and Ken.

D

Deleted member

I just completed the SNK spirit board.

Silly bit of a story: Geese was tough as hell because the ****** didn’t stop grabbing me and spamming the grab to death. But at the third try I defeated him by miracously making him fall off stage as in Terry’s trailer.

I had a smile when that happened.

toonito

Smash Ace
terry is so dope

really happy he's in smash

thank you sakurai and dev team

D

Deleted member

Terry is my second DLC character so far behind Hero, ngl.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Friendship ended with Ivysaur.

Terry is my new second main

Technically, if you show more skin than just what's on top, you're toast. Attitude doesn't even matter.

Now people will understand how super-strict CERO has gotten since 4. ****ing ratings boards, I swear.
Is that why Ann is awkwardly only seen from the back on Mementos?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Terry is one of these characters that I'd actually would love to see return in another incarnation of Smash in the future.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Considering how much content we got overall (50 music tracks, 20 background characters, 11 spirit battles, and a KoF-based classic mode), I can imagine even more potential spirit battles involving other SNK characters. For example, what if more of the background characters (Tung Fu Rue, Blue Mary, Billy Kane, Rock Howard, Ryuji Yamazaki, Blue Mary, King, and Yuri Sakazaki) had their own spirit battles?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A quick reminder that you need to clear your cache for it to show up.

On Google Chrome, you click on the three dots in the top right corner, go down to "more tools", and select "Clear Browsing Data" (you can just check off the option to clear your cache).

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Does "clear history" work? I don't see the option in More Tools.
If you're using Google Chrome, go to Clear Browsing Data (or hit Control + Shift + Delete), and there are three options to check off - Browsing History, Cookies, and Cached Images. It's the third one.

If you're not using Google Chrome, it will be under something else, but it should be a pretty similar idea. Search for "clear cache" and the name of your browser on your search engine of choice, and something should come up.

alexandrite92

Smash Rookie
I have KoF'98 game downloaded on my Nintendo Switch for over a year now so I'm really happy that I could play as Terry on SSBU. Also, I'm so glad to see that they used Athena Asamiya's Psycho Soldier's artwork for the Spirit.
Kinda upset that I won't get to see Mai Shiranui though.

Top Bottom