• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Terry is such a fun character in the KoF games and would translate perfectly into Smash. I support this.
I agree. I think Terry Bogard is my second most wanted fighting game character for Smash. Number one is Scorpion (with Sub-Zero as semi-echo with same normal moves, different special moves). I guess technically that would make him third most wanted fighting game character. But anyway, if I get Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Terry Bogard in Smash along with Ryu and Ken, I’d be satisfied as a fighting game fan. I have memories of playing Mortal Kombat 1-3, Street Fighter II, Fatal Fury 1-3 and King of Fighters 94 - 99 with my brother.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Full Terry trailer for EX Fighting Layer is out (releasing on the 26th).

He looks fun as expected. Wish there was a Garou costume though.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Put me on the list for Terry Bogard for Smash. He's such a likable and cool character that I became an SNK fan because of him. ;)

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Support. Terry, Kyo, Iori, I'd take any of them to rep SNK, but Terry is my personal favorite.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Count me in too, if I haven't posted before. I like quite a few fighting games, and of the few SNK titles I've played Terry's always been my favorite. So while not my number 1 choice, I'd be more than happy to see Terry in Smash. Having both his Fatal Fury and Garou designs would be sick. Honestly, I think he'd be the only SNK character I would want. He's the coolest one.

Hope Buster Wolf is his final Smash.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hello, I support. Don't know why I didn't support this any sooner

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’ve started looking more into this series and seeing how Terry could play, I’m honestly on board with him potentially making the cut. Put me down as a supporter!
Hell yeah, I don't think we've had a Street Brawler type of character yet anyhow. Ryu and Ken are definitely more along the lines of traditional Karate.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So what’s the consensus on where Buster Wolf’s place in Terry’s moveset should be?
I think it's generally agreed on that it'd be his final smash. He'd launch himself forward then send the opponent flying similar to Marth's final smash.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hello.

I personally think people are REALLY sleeping on Terry, with the amount of crossover appearances he's made, how iconic of a character as a whole he is, and the relationship Nintendo and SNK being very close, not to mention Sakurai being a huge fighting game fan and Ryu and Terry having a known rivalry, I honestly see him as one of the most likely DLC characters, I can even envision a moveset for him.

He'd honestly fit the current direction of DLC really well I'd say.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Holy crap this is amazing! I almost never see Terry brought up in Smash discussions so having a score that high and around other popular characters like Impa and Sylux is legit mindblowing. I still believe there is a silent majority (specially in Latin America since KoF is big there) that would love to have Terry in Smash so this is really great news.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So what’s the stance on Terry’s female form from SNK Heroines in regards to this game? Could that version work as an alt. skin?
As funny as it would be to have I think the body types would be really different so it probably won't happen. Assuming Terry gets into Smash he'd probably have 4 alts based on his usual design and 4 alts based on his Garou redesign.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So looking at his moves from his game, it seems like his specials will likely be as follows:

Neutral Special: Power Wave
Side Special: Burning Knuckle
Up Special: Rising Tackle
Down Special: Crack Shot

Maybe he could have a meter as well to change them into bigger attacks like Power Wave becoming Power Geyser?

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I know it's a long shot but here's hoping we get something SNK related in the E3 Drect.

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Hello.

I personally think people are REALLY sleeping on Terry, with the amount of crossover appearances he's made, how iconic of a character as a whole he is, and the relationship Nintendo and SNK being very close, not to mention Sakurai being a huge fighting game fan and Ryu and Terry having a known rivalry, I honestly see him as one of the most likely DLC characters, I can even envision a moveset for him.

He'd honestly fit the current direction of DLC really well I'd say.
Is this your statement of support? Can be a little more forward about your support if it is so? Sorry about the wording.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Okay, after Banjo AND Hero I think this makes Terry’s chances even greater, I think Terry will be our next character.

He’ll likely be announced in our next Direct, he’s perfect because he’s surprising, a gaming icon, and has a moveset that fits right in with Smash, plus with Sakurai being a huge KOF fan... I just see the stars aligning guys...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Quick question, would Terry’s inclusion in Fighting EX Layer affect his chances to get into Smash?
SNK is known for doing a ton of crossovers at a time so I don't think it'd have any affect. He was also revealed for that game back in August which was before the DLC lineup was finalized in November, so it wasn't a case of "here's Terry in EX Layer since he couldn't make it to Smash!"

Predictabo

Smash Cadet
Is there any specific mechanic from Fatal Fury that Terry could bring with him besides input commands? What do you guys think?
Just Defend, some sort of dodge system inspired by the lane shift of the original games, DM moves when he is with low health/high %

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Just Defend, some sort of dodge system inspired by the lane shift of the original games, DM moves when he is with low health/high %
The lane system would be cool for a stage. I just don't know how easy something like that would be to implement. A high percent buff sounds interesting. Seems to be a common suggestion for other fighting game characters too... I remember hearing things like that concerning a Tekken character.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don’t really see the lane system being a stage mechanic considering Stage Morph. Maybe on top of the inputs Terry could also have the Power Gauge mechanic from KOF’97 with both super specials are the MAX mode?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I don’t really see the lane system being a stage mechanic considering Stage Morph. Maybe on top of the inputs Terry could also have the Power Gauge mechanic from KOF’97 with both super specials are the MAX mode?
Oooh, yeah, forgot about Stage Morph. In fact, now that I think about it, that may have been the reason why a few stages were cut.

With Max Mode... maybe? I think it would be more fitting for Kyo, since he's the one who originates from KOF, but it could work just as well for Terry imo.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I wonder if any mechanics from Mark of the Wolves could be implemented.
Feints could be interesting. If not in Terry's moveset, they would have to be a taunt. No better tool to be toxic online than a spammable monossylabic taunt.

Maybe some special power meter allows you to use special attacks when charged? Ryu and Ken don't have anything like that, even though it's kind of a fighting game staple. It could be independent from the FS meter and only use the Light Specials.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
It'll probably never happen but how epic would it be if we get a Terry reveal at the end of EVO?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
This is could be it guys...

I can't even contain my hype I still can't believe this may actually happen.

Graizen

Smash Champion
UP, becouse i love Terry and SNK!

Add me as a Supporter!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hey, dropping by to add my support. Terry could be a fun pick, they might even include his genderbent look as a potential alt costume too since it's been done since SNK vs Capcom.

FoolishHero

Smash Rookie
This is could be it guys...

I can't even contain my hype I still can't believe this may actually happen.
Terry was one of those characters that I wasn't thinking of when it came to DLC picks. However, as soon as the leak made it a possibility in my mind I jumped onto the Terry Train.

I would be satisfied with any of the KoF characters but I can't stop picturing Ken/Ryu vs. Terry in a reveal trailer or something!

Top Bottom