• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well the new additions to the remakes look nice and legends looks to be a very interesting take on the formula. not sure about crafting though. but more regional forms? yes please. cant help but note wyrdeer's resemblance to arceus

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I dread the thought of a Gen 8 Pokemon being the final fighter, but if it was Zacian I'd actually be completely down for it. A doggo with a sword sounds like it could be a really fun and interesting archetype. So yeah, add me to the support list.
Would also like to point out that Zacian now has 69.9% of the votes, there's no way he can't get in now

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I dread the thought of a Gen 8 Pokemon being the final fighter, but if it was Zacian I'd actually be completely down for it. A doggo with a sword sounds like it could be a really fun and interesting archetype. So yeah, add me to the support list.
Would also like to point out that Zacian now has 69.9% of the votes, there's no way he can't get in now
she

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm keeping my expectations in check because obviously this is our absolute last chance, but the timing of F11 not lining up with a special event and Kazuya being the E3 reveal gives me hope.

And while I know this is something I berate the thread for looking too much into, the lack of a sword tournament gives me hope that it's being saved for the mascot of Pokémon Sword.

Glad to have you. I'll have to go back and look through all the new supporters we've gotten since I last updated the supporters list. Been neglecting to do that for a while.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Thought this might be something interesting to discuss.

Supposedly, the last fighter will have a violet background if this pans out.
is that the purple thing? so that would be zamazenta

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Hm. This'll either be swept under the rug within a week or come to dominate speculation the rest of the way. Hard to say which.

First thing to keep in mind is that signature colors are much more flexible than the Smash community often realizes. Characters can use colors that wouldn't necessarily be the first to come to mind based on circumstances, like how Byleth's is a shade of light green instead of the dark violet that shows up everywhere in Three Houses because Hero was already using a shade of violet. There's also the fact that if Fighter #11 was chosen the same way Corrin and Byleth were, the DLC team wouldn't have even decided exactly who they wanted until shortly before development on #11 was about to start, which would've been long after everyone else in Vol. 2 had their signature colors picked out.

But one other notable thing...is that the signature colors of the current five aren't the exact ones named in that code. They've all been altered a little...or a lot in Sephiroth's case (his color's Hue value is more than 70 points away from Forest Green). This means that even if this is legit, Fighter #11's signature color could be pretty much any shade of violet or anything remotely close.

I can see three reasons why Zacian and/or Zamazenta could end up with a signature color like that:
1. It's often associated with royalty, which would fit a duo who fought alongside Galar's founders.
2. It's a combination of Zacian's and Zamazenta's own colors. Or the ones used in the backgrounds of the Sword & Shield box arts.
3. Two things they have ties to sport colors close to it: the reddish-violet of the Dynamax phenomenon...and the dark indigo of Eternatus' armor. Maybe the finalized color could be close to one of those?

Or who knows, maybe it was just a placeholder color put there before they knew who they wanted for Fighter #11 and they just haven't changed it yet.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hm. This'll either be swept under the rug within a week or come to dominate speculation the rest of the way. Hard to say which.

First thing to keep in mind is that signature colors are much more flexible than the Smash community often realizes. Characters can use colors that wouldn't necessarily be the first to come to mind based on circumstances, like how Byleth's is a shade of light green instead of the dark violet that shows up everywhere in Three Houses because Hero was already using a shade of violet.
byleth is associated with the colour green

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

If any of you weren't already aware, this ended up being nothing. Turns out that the colors had nothing to do with Ultimate and were just part of the Switch's eshop generic code. People believed it because the names of the colors just so happened to (somewhat) match up with the ones we actually got.

Doesn't mean the last character can't use purple, but there's nothing indicating that it will at the moment.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If any of you weren't already aware, this ended up being nothing. Turns out that the colors had nothing to do with Ultimate and were just part of the Switch's eshop generic code. People believed it because the names of the colors just so happened to (somewhat) match up with the ones we actually got.
well i know one or two support threads thatll be disappointed

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

Doesn't mean the last character can't use purple, but there's nothing indicating that it will at the moment.
Aha! So they were placeholders, but not even for Ultimate at all.

Back to where we were prior, then. Which means I can double back to this:

And while I know this is something I berate the thread for looking too much into, the lack of a sword tournament gives me hope that it's being saved for the mascot of Pokémon Sword.
It is weird that we haven't had a sword-themed tournament. While we can't rely on it because we have too little background info, it might raise the odds that an important trait of Fighter #11 is their sword (or a similar weapon). Or at least it might mean the DLC team wanted to keep the option open because they were considering one or more sword-wielders for the spot.

Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Alright, with us under different circumstances now, my old idea for a reveal trailer doesn't work as well. In its place, here's something better befitting a final reveal.

-----

Open scene to the battleground from Sephiroth's trailer, a rocky, cliff-strewn wasteland. Several figures are seen standing in the open--too far away to see who they are--but no sound is present but the wind.

The camera abruptly pans to a massive figure in the distance dissolving into ash: Galeem. Cut to ground level as the fighters look around, sensing something is amiss--extra focus given specifically to Link and Lucina. With the god of light slain, shouldn't this be it? So why this unsettling feeling?

Suddenly, clouds of an ominous dark red hue form on the horizon on all sides, rapidly blotting out the sky. The fighters may be unaware, but those who've played the game realize what's going on: Dharkon is making his move. The god of chaos and darkness appears in the sky above and shrieks, and an army of shadowed puppet fighters appear in an instant and charge toward those who dare stand in his way.

The battle is fierce, but the fighters manage to hold their own. Several are given cameos in a brief montage of them fending off the puppets as best they can, finishing as Lucina fells several in quick succession with rapid, precise swings of her sword...leaving herself open to one approaching from behind her, only for Link to appear, parry the puppet's attack with his shield, and deliver a killing blow of his own.

Dharkon shrieks again, drawing the pair's attention. The camera pans up to the sky as the clouds above take on an unnatural burgundy color and begin to swirl in a circular pattern. Energy pours down onto several of the remaining puppets--doppelgangers of Wolf, Bowser, K. Rool--and the living fighters watch in horror as they grow to enormous size. Our heroes have held on so far, but what chance do they have now?

A sound rings out, silencing everyone present--basically, imagine what an explosion of magic or supernatural power wound sound like. Something just arrived, but what, and where?

Suddenly, a massive ray of brilliant blue light pierces through one of the giant-sized puppet fighters, like a blade from an unseen sword slicing through the air itself. The light ruptures in a blast strong enough to buckle the puppet's balance and send it crashing to the earth in a single blow. Immediately, another of the puppets is struck down, brought to its knees by a ray of red slamming square into its chest at light speed.

The good guys only get a second to react, as a brilliant light appears behind them--whoever has come to their aid is making their presence known.

Cue the music.

Two lupine figures emerge from the light, weapons at the ready to face a threat both unknown yet similar to that they've faced twice before. They look toward each other, then the fighters, then rally them together with a howl at the exact moment the howling in the music begins.

Cue splash art.

The scales tipped back in their favor, the fighters gather themselves for one final battle, one they're capable now of winning. Dharkon shrieks one more and directs his army toward them, arranging the tendrils around his eye into a hand-like five-pronged formation. Undeterred, the heroes--now backed by two Legendary heroes--enter the fray, ending with a shot of Lucina, Zacian, Link, and Zamazenta leaping forward in time with the final four beats of the music's intro.

Cue gameplay.

Last edited:

zacian

Smash Apprentice
I don’t have a lot ideas for a trailer but I hope the doggos get a magical girl transformation into their crowned forms

Staarih

Smash Master
South-Korea is getting shiny Zacian & shiny Zamazenta distribution for preordering BDSP:

While still unsure if it comes to the west, what is interesting is that the doggo's are for Sword and Shield despite being a preorder bonus for BDSP. Obviously the dogs are not in BDSP but we also know SwSh will remain as the competitive game/Ranked Battles and stuff, which is good sign for us of course, with SwSh remaining relevant beyond the upcoming new games.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
With this, we've officially reached 3,000 posts. Whatever happens with Fighter #11, let no one say we didn't care.

On that note, there's something I don't think we've actually talked about yet. Or at least, not for a long while:

Where would Zacian and/or Zamazenta be placed on the mural?

If it was up to me, I'd put them on the far left and right, either at rest or reared up on their hind legs like in a typical heraldic coat-of-arms. When presented as a static image, they'd be framed around the other fighters as if protecting them. When the mural is animated, though--like on Ultimate's official website--it'd reveal that they're actually right next to each other.

Top Bottom