• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staarih

Smash Master
I think Hop & Zamazenta will be the first ones with Max Moves/Dynamax, since they'll apparently be released alongside the event (Howling Shield of Eternity) that introduces them.

Anyway, love to see more Galar representation. I was sorta expecting Zamazenta to be shafted and have Hop & Dubwool and Victor & Galar starter, but cool to see Zamazenta make it in too. Though it still irks me how inconsistent the Sync Pairs are at times, apparently we're getting Falkner & Swellow soon too, wouldn't Noctowl, an actual Johto mon, been a better choice to pair with him...?

Oh, and about Unite, it's a surprisingly solid game! And I've seen other people say good things about it too, I think it could grow into quite a successful and fruitful venture. All I wanna see is what Pokémon they're adding, Gardevoir is seemingly coming soon.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think Hop & Zamazenta will be the first ones with Max Moves/Dynamax, since they'll apparently be released alongside the event (Howling Shield of Eternity) that introduces them.
hang on, they’re introducing dynamax along side Pokemon who can’t do it?

Staarih

Smash Master
hang on, they’re introducing dynamax along side Pokemon who can’t do it?
Can't every Pokémon Dynamax though? Gigantamaxing is another thing. And besides, Masters seem to have their own take at it with "Max Moves", so we'll see what that'll entail.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Can't every Pokémon Dynamax though? Gigantamaxing is another thing. And besides, Masters seem to have their own take at it with "Max Moves", so we'll see what that'll entail.
not zacian, zamazenta and eternatus

well he’s got his own thing

Staarih

Smash Master
not zacian, zamazenta and eternatus

well he’s got his own thing
Oh wow, I never even knew that lol. You learn something new every day.

Well, we'll see how they work that out then. Or then Hop & Zamazenta are used to tell why Dynamaxing is possible in Pasio and another Sync Pair actually capable of dynamaxing will be added alongside them.

zacian

Smash Apprentice
I think they’re gonna update the pairs with Pokémon that have gmax forms to have max moves
That’s probably why most of the Galar characters have like 3 different types of moves

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you know ive made observations about how much TPC pushes go and now i think theyve gotten to other companies

or it was a minor reference

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Zacian and Zamazenta can't Dynamax, but they can deal double damage to Dynamax Pokémon with their signature moves.

Dynamax and Gigantamax exists solely because of Eternatus, so I'd imagine this was done to emphasize that Zacian and Zamazenta are the opposing forces to Eternatus's power.

Staarih

Smash Master
Well, apparently (Sygna Suit) Leon & Eternatus is a thing in Masters as well. Fun to see all the major legendaries from Galar represented.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I meant in terms of pair ups that make sense

Though you do make it sound like it’s been patched a lot
Most of the main game is surprisingly well done from what I've seen. But yeah, some of the pairings make zero sense when there are other options. I assume some of them are just because they want to keep only one of each Pokemon (barring BP Sync Pairs), most likely to prioritize those who are more iconic with said Pokemon. For instance, both Agatha and Morty have Gengar as their ace, but Agatha apparently gets priority, thus Morty was given Driftblim. It can also be because they're saved for later. Lisia's main Pokemon is Altaria, but so is Winona's, but as Altaria is Lisia's only known mon, Winona got Pelipper.

Though honestly some choices make zero sense. Why give Pryce Dewgong when literally no one else uses the Swinub line normally? Why give Ramos Weepinbell/Victreebel when no one else uses Gogoat? Why give Brycen Cryogonal when Beartic is typically his ace, etc. There's several more, but at least BP Sync Pairs seem to be assuaging this slightly. Bugsy, Lt. Surge, and Zinnia got their aces as BP Sync Pairs, so hopefully they continue that.

I went a little off track there, but yeah, TLDR, certain pair ups make no sense, but some make sense from a game design standpoint. Others are getting patched up, but some still lack some logic behind them.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Most of the main game is surprisingly well done from what I've seen. But yeah, some of the pairings make zero sense when there are other options. I assume some of them are just because they want to keep only one of each Pokemon (barring BP Sync Pairs), most likely to prioritize those who are more iconic with said Pokemon. For instance, both Agatha and Morty have Gengar as their ace, but Agatha apparently gets priority, thus Morty was given Driftblim. It can also be because they're saved for later. Lisia's main Pokemon is Altaria, but so is Winona's, but as Altaria is Lisia's only known mon, Winona got Pelipper.

Though honestly some choices make zero sense. Why give Pryce Dewgong when literally no one else uses the Swinub line normally? Why give Ramos Weepinbell/Victreebel when no one else uses Gogoat? Why give Brycen Cryogonal when Beartic is typically his ace, etc. There's several more, but at least BP Sync Pairs seem to be assuaging this slightly. Bugsy, Lt. Surge, and Zinnia got their aces as BP Sync Pairs, so hopefully they continue that.

I went a little off track there, but yeah, TLDR, certain pair ups make no sense, but some make sense from a game design standpoint. Others are getting patched up, but some still lack some logic behind them.
don’t think I’ll be getting back into it any time soon

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Now I'm really curious to know when in August we're getting BDSP & Legends Arceus news, cause it's not happening in July.

Really wonder why so much time without news. I much prefer smaller snippets every so often rather than a whole period of nothing & info crammed into a short time period that sometimes doesn't fully sink in.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Now I'm really curious to know when in August we're getting BDSP & Legends Arceus news, cause it's not happening in July.

Really wonder why so much time without news. I much prefer smaller snippets every so often rather than a whole period of nothing & info crammed into a short time period that sometimes doesn't fully sink in.
While there's still a few days of July left, yeah, August is a safe bet and a pretty confident one I think. The preorders for BDSP and Legends Arceus open in August in Japan, which is later than typically for Pokemon games, but usually information will start to come out around the time preorders open, understandably to market the game(s). So hopefully info won't be too far off.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I heard someone speculate that they're going off of the time for Legends Arceus' release for the marketing, which is around 5 months: the usual time before release when they finally start marketing with consistency. Since we usually get news around late May/early June, 2 months later would be late July/early August; considering Legends releases 2 months after BDSP. This would make plenty of sense if there really isn't anything too mindblowing or new in BDSP to market.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Been playing a bit of Unite. It's fun. I just hope they have plenty of stages and new Pokémon to add along the way. It also stinks that gems aren't given to players for free in any capacity, so there's a zero percent chance you'll be able to buy anything requiring gems.

Zeraora gives me hope that Zacian can get in eventually. I know the former is a Mythical, but still, Zacian seems like an obvious choice for a Legendary Pokémon.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Meanwhile, in another spinoff...

Looks like Galar's cutting in line ahead of Alola. Nice to see a big deal being made out of a certain legendary pair. More proof that TPC and all parties involved consider them important even by legendary standards, hopefully enough that they'd have been brought up if Sakurai asked around for potential newcomers.

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
Looks like Galar's cutting in line ahead of Alola. Nice to see a big deal being made out of a certain legendary pair. More proof that TPC and all parties involved consider them important even by legendary standards, hopefully enough that they'd have been brought up if Sakurai asked around for potential newcomers.
fingers crossed & hoping at least one of them makes it on the roster

also nice moveset concepts bro !

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So, any hopes/expectations for the presentation on Wednesday? Let's keep the conversation going.

Apparently Kelios is hinting about new forms for Dialga/Palkia in a now-deleted tweet of his.
I'm still not sure what his track record is but will be interesting to see if true.
That...could be interesting. If rather predictable.

I could definitely see them getting G-Max forms to tie into this generation's gimmick.

Would be cool to see if there're other new forms or features that make BDSP more than just straight recreations with new visuals. Maybe this means there's a slight chance we'll see new regional variants here (or in Legends) of 'mons from Gens 5-7?

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I want to know if the supposed leaked screenshots from after the Legends Arceus reveal are true or not. The ones with an overworld boss, flying & climbing on a pokemon, etc.

Also a new spin-off announcement would be nice. Maybe it's too soon for a new Mystery Dungeon, but still.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I want to know if the supposed leaked screenshots from after the Legends Arceus reveal are true or not. The ones with an overworld boss, flying & climbing on a pokemon, etc.
that sounds like a moded botw. besides we already know the combat is turn based

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
From what I've read, the Presents will be 28 min long which I think is the longest one yet. I wonder if they'll shove in a spin-off announcement of some kind as well.
Anyway, a day away, I'm so ready to learn more.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think the presentation will be a mix and match of BDSP, Arceus, Unite, and maybe a bit more 25th anniversary stuff if they have anything else notable planned for this year. Maybe one more surprise announcement, but I think this will be the presentation where the BDSP and Arceus news gets dumped all at once.

Staarih

Smash Master
So, as expected, both BDSP and Legends look so much better than the first trailers. I'm sold on both. And new Pokemon and forms, I love it.

Top Bottom