• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Star Fox needs to return, albeit with a new spin. I think Miyamoto is too headstrong and needs to stray away from SF64. Might benefit Star Fox if they tried an exploration style where you could freely roam and even explore planets on foot. It'd be a higher budget game, but that's what it takes to get people invested. The world has changed since the nineties.

F-Zero though? I don't think there's much of a point now. Not that the two can't coexist, but you know that between the two, Mario Kart will always win. If one racing game is already a massive success, why would you care about making a second? It doesn't surprise me that F-Zero has stayed dormant for so long, and I feel like the best and most realistic future for Captain Falcon is becoming playable in Mario Kart.

EarthBound is wasted potential. I know it bombed when it first released, but man, people would devour that series in 2021. RPGs are popular, and the setting appeals to the West far easier than most of the stuff we get.
earthbound is finished

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Star Fox needs to return, albeit with a new spin. I think Miyamoto is too headstrong and needs to stray away from SF64. Might benefit Star Fox if they tried an exploration style where you could freely roam and even explore planets on foot. It'd be a higher budget game, but that's what it takes to get people invested. The world has changed since the nineties.

F-Zero though? I don't think there's much of a point now. Not that the two can't coexist, but you know that between the two, Mario Kart will always win. If one racing game is already a massive success, why would you care about making a second? It doesn't surprise me that F-Zero has stayed dormant for so long, and I feel like the best and most realistic future for Captain Falcon is becoming playable in Mario Kart.

EarthBound is wasted potential. I know it bombed when it first released, but man, people would devour that series in 2021. RPGs are popular, and the setting appeals to the West far easier than most of the stuff we get.
Star Fox Adventures suggests such a shift being accepted to be unlikely. Plus Breath of the Wild exists and is getting a sequel. I only really see Metroid doing such a thing without too much alienation. How about expanding on the now better known Star Fox 2 gameplay? Command sort of did that but was hampered by DS controls and weird stories.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
i know but for some reason that kind of worldbuilding doesnt seem right for these two series. its just not nintendos style of world building
I get that, but there's plenty they could do with cities other than Corneria or more backstory (whether serious or comical) for some of the F-Zero characters that's going unexplored. Both series don't really demand different ways to play them so another way to get people excited for new entries is the expansion of these respective universes (I unironically enjoyed the story in Star Fox Command & was saddened that they'd be ditching that with Star Fox Zero).

Metroid I especially feel is a goldmine for lore with the alien races & other planets introduced in the Prime games, which would be a shame to just ditch. If Zelda can expand on their different races then why can't other series.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I get that, but there's plenty they could do with cities other than Corneria or more backstory (whether serious or comical) for some of the F-Zero characters that's going unexplored. Both series don't really demand different ways to play them so another way to get people excited for new entries is the expansion of these respective universes (I unironically enjoyed the story in Star Fox Command & was saddened that they'd be ditching that with Star Fox Zero).

Metroid I especially feel is a goldmine for lore with the alien races & other planets introduced in the Prime games, which would be a shame to just ditch. If Zelda can expand on their different races then why can't other series.
didnt star fox command have multiple endings? did they ever say which was the canon one? everything i heard made it sound like all the endings were rather definitive so i can see why they may have "ditched" them

as for metroid who knows what theyre planning for mp4. i would like to see the lumimoths again.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
didnt star fox command have multiple endings? did they ever say which was the canon one? everything i heard made it sound like all the endings were rather definitive so i can see why they may have "ditched" them

as for metroid who knows what theyre planning for mp4. i would like to see the lumimoths again.
I was also thinking the posibility to visit the home planets from the other hunters in MP3, especially after what happened (I wish we could've spent more time with Rundas).

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This is very delayed, but we got the episode with Iris.

So she replaced Alder and became the new Champion of Unova...and lost to Ash.

Feels a little strange for her to be a Champion, even if it's what her in-game counterpart was. It's a massive jump from her position in the BW series. Then again, I suppose her loss to Ash is realistic. They're both Champions now, and Ash is far more experienced than her.

Other notable parts included Iris's Axew being shown to have evolved to Haxorus (which was somewhat bittersweet) and Ash's rank moving up to #99. He's already in the top 100, and this competition had over 10,000 entries. Maybe it's not as rushed as I think it is, but I thought we'd have more notable battles by now. Kinda wish they'd set Goh's story aside for a little while.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This is very delayed, but we got the episode with Iris.

So she replaced Alder and became the new Champion of Unova...and lost to Ash.

Feels a little strange for her to be a Champion, even if it's what her in-game counterpart was. It's a massive jump from her position in the BW series. Then again, I suppose her loss to Ash is realistic. They're both Champions now, and Ash is far more experienced than her.

Other notable parts included Iris's Axew being shown to have evolved to Haxorus (which was somewhat bittersweet) and Ash's rank moving up to #99. He's already in the top 100, and this competition had over 10,000 entries. Maybe it's not as rushed as I think it is, but I thought we'd have more notable battles by now. Kinda wish they'd set Goh's story aside for a little while.
why is it bitter sweet? Axew wanted to be fully evolved and I was deeply pleased to see he’d achieved this dream

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ive actually been catching up with the anime lately, i always pay attention to the story developments when the episodes come out but im actually watching them. i like goh, not overly fond his catching style but it has lead to some amusing stuff. love sobble and ash's new pokemon

so far ive seen a deeply weird episode and the perfect echo for DHD

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Well, in an attempt to spark some more conversation, this has been a hot topic lately.

nopokemon.png

Claims that European VAs haven't been contacted like they were in the first pass, so characters who have different names in various regions like Pokémon and Sonic characters can't happen.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well, in an attempt to spark some more conversation, this has been a hot topic lately.

View attachment 315449

Claims that European VAs haven't been contacted like they were in the first pass, so characters who have different names in various regions like Pokémon and Sonic characters can't happen.
Insightful as it may be, there're possible wrenches in that theory:
  • The other voice teams simply haven't been needed yet, so they haven't been credited.
  • There's a pretty decent chance Fighter #11 was locked in much later than the others (like Byleth and Corrin previously). Even if the other voice teams weren't required before #11, they might be now, and they wouldn't have known until now.
But the most interesting one and most relevant for us?
  • They wouldn't need to record cheers in multiple EU languages for a Pokémon that has the same name in all of them.
This theory might actually give us a leg up on the other notables from Gen 8.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Staarih

Smash Master
Apparently this guy has got stuff right in the past? Then again, TPC doing something separate from Nintendo is always in the cards... I guess E3 coulf also count to early June.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Apparently this guy has got stuff right in the past? Then again, TPC doing something separate from Nintendo is always in the cards... I guess E3 coulf also count to early June.

Pokemon Sleep:
1621259484992.png

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Wasn't that what we were expecting, more or less? Pokémon likes doing its own thing separate from Nintendo Directs, and we've had standalone presentations a week or two before E3 for two years in a row.

Still, this guy's had intel in the past, so it's nice to have reassurance that it's happening again this year. But will there be anything beyond details on games we already know of?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Assuming that guy is right...was anyone surprised? This year should be fairly straightforward. Obviously BDSP is getting a lot of attention; it's being released this year. Unite has a lot riding on it, and since there really wasn't much to talk about last year, I'm sure they have more they'd like to show off.

Hi I was lurking here for a while and I really loved Sword and Shield. I think a duo character like Pyra would be cool!
Welcome! Glad to have your support!

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I wonder, would it be foolish to expect a second smash character reveal if they show fighter #10 right at the start of the direct like in 2019?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I wonder, would it be foolish to expect a second smash character reveal if they show fighter #10 right at the start of the direct like in 2019?
Feels like a reveal at the very beginning is 50/50 for another character. They could build it up to a second reveal later on, or maybe it'll be like Pyra/Mythra and they'll get Smash out of the way so people can focus on other, bigger announcements.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Feels like a reveal at the very beginning is 50/50 for another character. They could build it up to a second reveal later on, or maybe it'll be like Pyra/Mythra and they'll get Smash out of the way so people can focus on other, bigger announcements.
Well, I hope people don't start getting ideas if we do start with fighter #10, cause it's very feasable to have a double reveal for the last 2 characters (as along as the rumors of a bonus character aren't true).
It's been a hot minute since Pyra/Mythra released & it seems very possible they'll end the pass much earlier than anticipated (unless fighter 11 is a massive workload), so getting fighter 10 not too long after reveal & getting fighter #11 revealed and released around september seems like a possible scenario.

Of course it's just 1 scenario & Sakurai might want to space out the last 2 characters either out of necessity or to keep us waiting longer for fighter 11.

Also, I've oddly missed the feeling of anticipation for e3 (especially given how many notable games we know are in the making for the Switch + the stuff we don't know; including the pokemon news before e3), and this theme encapsulates this feeling very much:

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
man zacian and zamazenta just did not get enough screen time in the anime
Still better than what a lot of other Galar Pokémon have gotten so far sadly. At this point, I'm not even sure if we'll get to see half of them get a single episode where they have a decent involvement with the plot. The previous seven Gens have ate up too many of the episodes, which was a concern I had from the very beginning. Cameos and brief appearances might be the best some of these guys get.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I almost miss the trend of nearly every new Pokémon being given an episode where they're the focus.

Top Bottom