• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staarih

Smash Master
That's true, the dlc did end in 2015, the year of nothing from GF. Though other than Zelda I could see Xenoblade with a reasonable chance.

I've been thinking about it, and I must ask: why are spin-offs often glanced over in represenation? Other than Mario (which I also feel lacks quite a tad), other series with relativey big spin-offs tend to get next to nothing: Pokemon, Fire Emblem, & Zelda come to mind. Either it's 1 song, few spirits or nothing at all.

I get why they don't want to overdo it, but something substantial at least.
One thing that came to mind is that many spin-off's of larger Nintendo IP's (Mario, Pokemon) are outsourced to other, smaller developers and I feel like Smash-content wise they wanna stick to in-house/close relationship developers first, and potential others after that. More spin-off content would definitely be more than welcome though.

Edit:
New opening today for the anime reveals some new upcoming stuff:
And Ash caught a Dracovish today.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
One thing that came to mind is that many spin-off's of larger Nintendo IP's (Mario, Pokemon) are outsourced to other, smaller developers and I feel like Smash-content wise they wanna stick to in-house/close relationship developers first, and potential others after that. More spin-off content would definitely be more than welcome though.

Edit:
New opening today for the anime reveals some new upcoming stuff:
And Ash caught a Dracovish today.
I'm glad Ash got another Galar Pokémon. His team has been a little saturated with Gen 1 Pokémon.

Side note, I noticed that there's a certain main character from one of the previous series that's returning. It'll be interesting seeing how people respond, especially since she returned before Serena did.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm glad Ash got another Galar Pokémon. His team has been a little saturated with Gen 1 Pokémon.

Side note, I noticed that there's a certain main character from one of the previous series that's returning. It'll be interesting seeing how people respond, especially since she returned before Serena did.
a lot better than i would have if it was serena

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
a lot better than i would have if it was serena
Iris was robbed of a reappearance, so it's nice that she's getting it before Serena. But still, Serena returning wouldn't hurt at all. She isn't the same character from the first third of X&Y who didn't have a goal and was just sort of there. Her character can only go up imo.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Iris was robbed of a reappearance, so it's nice that she's getting it before Serena. But still, Serena returning wouldn't hurt at all. She isn't the same character from the first third of X&Y who didn't have a goal and was just sort of there. Her character can only go up imo.
She had at least some character development later on, so that was nice. But yeah, this character's reappearance was definitely more deserved.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
thats only cause it cant go any lower

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I always thought Iris was sort of unfairly hated. She was easily the character who came closest to matching Misty in terms of her role and personality. I would've liked to have seen them make her more of an equal to Ash like they did with Dawn, but I felt like she was more memorable than May and Dawn. Was kinda nice having someone who was very negative and sarcastic to counteract Ash and Cilan's upbeat attitude and positivity.

Serena was okay, but her crush is what carried her for most of the series. She barely battled or did much of anything until the midpoint, and even then the plot they went with wasn't very Intresting. Felt like a watered-down version of the competitions May and Dawn competed in. Her personality was fine, but it didn't add a lot of variety to the show like Clemont's quirky nature did.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I always thought Iris was sort of unfairly hated. She was easily the character who came close to matching Misty in terms of her role and personality. I would've liked to have seen them make her more of an equal to Ash like they did with Dawn, but I felt like she was more memorable than May and Dawn. Was kinda nice having someone who was very negative and sarcastic to counteract Ash and Cilan's positivity.

Serena was okay, but her crush is what carried her for most of the series. She barely battled or did much of anything until the midpoint, and even then the plot they went with wasn't very Intresting. Felt like a watered-down version of the competitions May and Dawn competed in. Her personality was fine, but it didn't add a lot of variety to the show like Clemont's quirky nature did.
Clemont easily had some of the best development I've seen in the show.

XY was probably the best series of the anime, partially because it actually gave development to it's characters, among other things.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I always thought Iris was sort of unfairly hated. She was easily the character who came close to matching Misty in terms of her role and personality. I would've liked to have seen them make her more of an equal to Ash like they did with Dawn, but I felt like she was more memorable than May and Dawn. Was kinda nice having someone who was very negative and sarcastic to counteract Ash and Cilan's positivity.
im with you she was a good character

Clemont easily had some of the best development I've seen in the show.

XY was probably the best series of the anime, partially because it actually gave development to it's characters, among other things.
syre 3 out of 4 of them

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I just realized that Dracovish is Ash's first ever fossil pokemon he's officially owned. At this point I'm feeling confident about Goh ending up with all 3 starters.

Last edited:

zacian

Smash Apprentice
Happy New Year message from Gloria and Zacian. Put in a spoiler so it doesn’t take up too much space

(Insert Zacian howl here)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Happy New Year message from Gloria and Zacian. Put in a spoiler so it doesn’t take up too much space

(Insert Zacian howl here)
"I think everyone on Pasio would be shocked to see what we Galar Trainers are capable of!"

*Proceeds to wipe out your team with Zacian.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Would you rather wait till next year for the next main series game or do you want it this year?
Ignore the high likelyhood of getting it for the 25th anniversary, it's whether you actually want it this year.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Would you rather wait till next year for the next main series game or do you want it this year?
Ignore the high likelyhood of getting it for the 25th anniversary, it's whether you actually want it this year.
id be fine with it

well maybe not another lets go game

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Popping in to show some support, I feel like either Zacian, Zamazenta or Toxtricity would be a sick choice for Gen 8. Even if I have some mixed feelings about SwSh, I do really like my Zacian (and cheesing Battle Tower with him lol)

zacian

Smash Apprentice
Legit question, are mirror trees a thing?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Legit question, are mirror trees a thing?
"Mirror trees are a technique that genealogists use to help identify a missing common ancestor by recreating the tree of a match and strategically attaching your DNA to their tree to see who you match that descends from which line in their tree."
Google's answer.

zacian

Smash Apprentice
i meant like if there’s a type of tree named after mirrors
"Mirror trees are a technique that genealogists use to help identify a missing common ancestor by recreating the tree of a match and strategically attaching your DNA to their tree to see who you match that descends from which line in their tree."
Google's answer.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Google's answer.
that is quite a loophole

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
i meant like if there’s a type of tree named after mirrors
Well there's the Mirror Bush

"Coprosma repens is a species of flowering shrub or small tree of the genus Coprosma, in the family Rubiaceae, native to New Zealand. Common names include taupata, tree bedstraw, mirror bush, looking-glass bush, New Zealand laurel and shiny leaf."

Coprosma repens - Wikipedia

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
It's just a rumor for now, but this person is typically reliable.

While most believed Diamond & Pearl were basically 99% going to happen, they also had that 1% suspicion of Game Freak doing something unpredictable, myself included. All I ask is for the games to not be drastically easier than the original gen 4 games, hoping they keep the AI on par with the originals and maybe freshen up their teams and their movesets.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
It's just a rumor for now, but this person is typically reliable.

It's an easy prediction as the remakes seem to be a given at some point, but good to have more nods towards them happening soon.

I've seen people be like "hopefully it's a step up from Sw/Sh"... and well, yeah, it'll probably be on-par with the DLC for Sw/Sh but likely not much beyond that. It's obvious the (potential) D/P remakes will run on the same engine as Sw/Sh and introduce same mechanics (Dynamax etc) as they're the current gen. Think OR/AS in regards to X/Y. And Platinum content will likely be scrapped, but with their newfound DLC practices it might show up as added content. Either way, I'm stoked as Sinnoh is my favourite region, but no doubt will there be complaining once info starts to pour out.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
While most believed Diamond & Pearl were basically 99% going to happen, they also had that 1% suspicion of Game Freak doing something unpredictable, myself included. All I ask is for the games to not be drastically easier than the original gen 4 games, hoping they keep the AI on par with the originals and maybe freshen up their teams and their movesets.
yes let regress the format to half the series ago

zacian

Smash Apprentice
I hope they do regional forms for Sinnoh if Diamond and Pearl remakes are coming

also Masters is gonna be adding in Dynamax for the 2nd anniversary
0C6D18CD-2A69-458F-9D42-6E2B64C1C3A2.jpeg

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't expect the DP remakes to add a whole lot that's new outside maybe some Gigantamax forms for a few more Pokémon. A few new Pokémon would be nice, but that rarely happens outside Mythicals.

Regardless, I'm sure these two games will be subject to a lot of criticism once they're released. They haven't even been officially announced yet, and I'm already seeing comments like, "Oh boy, can't wait to see them ruin Sinnoh with a pair of sloppy half-baked games."

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I don't expect the DP remakes to add a whole lot that's new outside maybe some Gigantamax forms for a few more Pokémon. A few new Pokémon would be nice, but that rarely happens outside Mythicals.

Regardless, I'm sure these two games will be subject to a lot of criticism once they're released. They haven't even been officially announced yet, and I'm already seeing comments like, "Oh boy, can't wait to see them ruin Sinnoh with a pair of sloppy half-baked games."
I'm betting as much. If they do release they'll probably be exactly the same as DPP with minor changes and keeping the same animations (which makes it worse in fans eyes) and will probably be less well received because of it.

I do still hope for Sinnohnian forms though.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i suppose it would make most sense for them to be pokemon who came after

or ones who werent available in game

boy i hope we dont get any trolls in this thread

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I mean there's not much they can really do to hamper the Sinnoh experience. Making it easier is one thing I suppose although I guess the games were always easy it was just the final boss that seemed to give people problems (and that gosh darn Glameow). Even when ORAS had some dungeons streamlined, the progression of the game wasn't revamped to the point where every route was just a linear passage way.

In a sense I'm more optimistic that the core singleplayer experience of Diamond and Pearl remake will stay mostly the same albeit the possibility of slight dungeon streamlining. I'd be a lot more concerned at the idea that something like the postgame islands could be sold as DLC when they should have been there in the base game.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm betting as much. If they do release they'll probably be exactly the same as DPP with minor changes and keeping the same animations (which makes it worse in fans eyes) and will probably be less well received because of it.

You'd think that still beats watching life bars trickle down for 20 seconds, but eh...

Top Bottom