• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't remember if we asked this before or not, but...

Do you prefer to have all characters revealed at the announcement of the season pass or do you like the current way of only showing the upcoming character(s)?
Personally, I wouldn't want them to reveal everything at once.

I know the wait is killing everyone, but if we knew all the characters back in spring of 2020, we'd have over a year and a half to talk about only six characters and the content related to them. Every other character would be deconfirmed, and any discussion involving them would have to be made in regards to the next Smash game. I can't imagine people being invested enough to talk about possible characters for a game coming out six or so years from now.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't remember if we asked this before or not, but...

Do you prefer to have all characters revealed at the announcement of the season pass or do you like the current way of only showing the upcoming character(s)?
well as much as it might be better to get the disappointment over and done with it is fun speculating

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

I find it interesting that it's being livestreamed this time. May not have anything pertaining to us, but there's bound to be at least some interesting games to be shown off. Could be better than the last 2.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Looks like a trailer was leaked off. Interesting stuff. What do you guys think?
Was just about to post it here myself.

Looks pretty big. Doesn't seem to have a lot of stuff we didn't already know, but it suggests we might be getting something soon.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Was just about to post it here myself.

Looks pretty big. Doesn't seem to have a lot of stuff we didn't already know, but it suggests we might be getting something soon.
I can safely say nearly all the footage is stuff we've seen before, specifically from the SwSh DLC trailer from back in June. But it's strange for it to be posted out of the blue and on the South African Nintendo account of all places.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Given it's unlikely to get another direct (as of now) for the remainder of september, how will they show the next character: will they give us a date for the Sakurai presentation or do they show the trailer to then follow another day on with the Sakurai Presents?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Given it's unlikely to get another direct (as of now) for the remainder of september, how will they show the next character: will they give us a date for the Sakurai presentation or do they show the trailer to then follow another day on with the Sakurai Presents?
likelyness is a difficult thing to judge, especially with smash. but sakurai does seem to prefer the character reveals to live streamed so the next reveal will either be in a showcase itself of in another direct about nintendo stuff

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I still feel like they're trying to subliminally tell us Zacian and Zamazenta will be associated with Ash and Goh respectively; their placement on the poster and the shared colors suggest a lot. The upcoming Zapdos episode gives me hope that Ash will catch Zacian, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Also, I'm dreading the Mewtwo episode because I have a feeling Goh is the one who will catch it.

As a side note, can anyone guess what day it is?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I still feel like they're trying to subliminally tell us Zacian and Zamazenta will be associated with Ash and Goh respectively; their placement on the poster and the shared colors suggest a lot. The upcoming Zapdos episode gives me hope that Ash will catch Zacian, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Also, I'm dreading the Mewtwo episode because I have a feeling Goh is the one who will catch it.

I swear, if he catches movie 1 Mewtwo... he's not worthy.

Also, birthday I assume?

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

Until i see Giovanni's arc closed sooner or later, I feel it's impossible for them to just casually give a main character ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL POKEMON IN THE WORLD. It's probably there for story progression purposes and nothing else. I am curious to see where they go with Dracovish & Marshtomp (still no sign of Grookey or Toxtricity, what the heck).

Also, it seems they're rushing straight to the endgame part of the story in SwSh, cause from what I've seen we'll get an arc dedicated to the darkest day. Ash with Leon and Goh with Sonia work together to stop the Dynamaxed pokemon rampaging the region.

If they're doing this arc already, what will happen at the end of Journeys other than the World Coronation series? I feel something could be done with conflict with an antagonist.

Last edited:

zacian

Smash Apprentice
There’s 7/11 ad for smash that’s going to be up till October 4th
C9BA96CB-DCCC-4B95-9E68-DF6A73EC53B9.jpeg

Some of the other dlc fighters had an ad up for them before they released, so fighter 7 reveal soon probably

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
So... does anyone think it's strange that this upcoming Anime arc is happening too soon, as it tackles the climax of the games? Or if it could be rushed?

And what else could they do for the next 2 seasons as big conflicts?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So... does anyone think it's strange that this upcoming Anime arc is happening too soon, as it tackles the climax of the games? Or if it could be rushed?

well this happened with sun and moon

isle of armour and crown tundra

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Considering how we haven't even gotten a proper introduction to Rose yet, I fully expect this to be rushed. It's disappointing, but the direction they wanted to take this new series in all but ensures that characters and Pokémon can't receive the proper amount of screentime. Kinda hard to make Sonia and Rose relevant to the story when you're sharing the spotlight with seven other regions. At this point, I'm just hoping Zacian and Zamazenta will be relevant after the arc instead of just disappearing for the rest of the show now that their purpose has been fulfilled.

As for the conflicts of the next two seasons, who knows? Maybe Team Yell will get an arc at some point, even though it's hard to imagine their purpose when Ash isn't competing with Marnie in the Galar League.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
well this happened with sun and moon

isle of armour and crown tundra
Yeah, but it had plenty of buildup, whereas for this arc we have very little development for most of the characters involved. Plus we only had 2 minutes of lore regarding the darkest day.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, but it had plenty of buildup, whereas for this arc we have very little development for most of the characters involved. Plus we only had 2 minutes of lore regarding the darkest day.
guess its all just part of the new style theyre going for

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Sun and Moon were pretty great in how they spent a lot of time on their characters and gave them good development. I'm not done with SuMo yet cuz I'm watching through with my boyfriend, who I usually spend a day with once a week. And we had to wait a long while for Netflix to get the rest of it.

We'll get to gen 8 someday, but it's a bit of a shame that they seem to be taking the opposite approach. Oh well, the upside is as little Rose as possible, I really don't like him

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
We'll get to gen 8 someday, but it's a bit of a shame that they seem to be taking the opposite approach. Oh well, the upside is as little Rose as possible, I really don't like him
the last two gens had characters i didnt like in nearly every episode

Staarih

Smash Master
Serebii put some new upcoming episode names up, and looks like October will give us the beginning of our doggo's appearing in the anime:

Episode 1131: Sword & Shield I: Slumbering Weald
Episode 1132: Sword & Shield II: Darkest Day

Good that it begins sooner than later.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Serebii put some new upcoming episode names up, and looks like October will give us the beginning of our doggo's appearing in the anime:

Episode 1131: Sword & Shield I: Slumbering Weald
Episode 1132: Sword & Shield II: Darkest Day

Good that it begins sooner than later.
It'd be really nice if Zacian & Zamazenta became recurring characters like Nebby was in the Sun & Moon anime and Squishy (Zygarde) in XY & Z.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I sense that this is gonna be rushed and stuffed in like the Galactic Arc which was 2 episodes as well.
In regards to that, I recall someone working on the anime had said the reason there's not many multi episode story arcs is "so people watching can easily drop and come back to watching the current episode at any time, basically making it as accessible as possible". This might explain the fact that in 1 episode Ash went from feeling motivated, to feeling down and to getting himself back up to face Bea and we don't even see what strategy he has or how it was built up.

I wager they want to keep this series as episodic as possible, at least for now. And now i'm curious, what will they do for conflicts for the next 2 seasons? They're using up the biggest one from Sword & Shield already.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
In regards to that, I recall someone working on the anime had said the reason there's not many multi episode story arcs is "so people watching can easily drop and come back to watching the current episode at any time, basically making it as accessible as possible". This might explain the fact that in 1 episode Ash went from feeling motivated, to feeling down and to getting himself back up to face Bea and we don't even see what strategy he has or how it was built up.

I wager they want to keep this series as episodic as possible, at least for now. And now i'm curious, what will they do for conflicts for the next 2 seasons? They're using up the biggest one from Sword & Shield already.
Well I mean, they did skip out on a lot from the previous games.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Well I mean, they did skip out on a lot from the previous games.
The one that keeps popping up in my mind is the Rainbow Rocket arc. I'm aware that it's too good to actually happen, but this series is the most perfect one for the type of story it could entail: the most amount of fanservice from across the anime series.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
i do wish people would get over mewtwo
To be fair, they've done nothing with it for the anime outside of teasing the 1st movie. And it will forever be tied with Giovanni.

But other than that yeah, i'm tired of seeing it appear so often overall.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, they've done nothing with it for the anime outside of teasing the 1st movie. And it will forever be tied with Giovanni.

But other than that yeah, i'm tired of seeing it appear so often overall.
i suppose thats true

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Well, at least the Darkest Day looks promising. Excited to see Zacian and Zamazenta vs Eternatus.

Oh, and Mewtwo is nice, or at least until it's confirmed to be the anime version of a Raid Battle and Goh ends up catching it instead of Ash.

Top Bottom