• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
If any of this has to do with fear of a ninth FE character, I think you can relax. The best thing FE could get between now and the end of 2021 is a remake, and historically, Nintendo seems to move on from those fairly quickly. XC:DE has already died down despite being roughly a month old. Byleth should be the last of FE for Ultimate.

Of all the franchises already represented on the roster, I'd say Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and XC are currently in the best position for a character. Paper Mario, Waluigi, and Geno are all likely for different reasons. BotW2 should release sometime by next year at the absolute latest, so it's got a decent chance of being this pass's Corrin or Byleth. Pokemon and XC are in a similar boat; both have games on the Switch that could warrant a character.
Why would I not want more Fire Emblem? I'm just wondering when the heck the new games are. I'd personally be happy with more FE.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Why would I not want more Fire Emblem? I'm just wondering when the heck the new games are. I'd personally be happy with more FE.
I know there's a few people here who don't want another FE character on top of Byleth. Personally, I think two characters from any franchise as DLC would be excessive, even Pokemon. Mario is the only one I could give a pass to, and that's because PP was a free character who should be considered a base roster character.

only those three? typical
I just think those three have the most going for them. Paper Mario is promotional, while Waluigi and Geno have the popularity.

I wouldn't mind a few others like Captain Toad or Pauline, but I don't feel like they're as likely.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just think those three have the most going for them. Paper Mario is promotional, while Waluigi and Geno have the popularity.

I wouldn't mind a few others like Captain Toad or Pauline, but I don't feel like they're as likely.
toads always left out when it comes to the greater majority of the smash fandom

zacian

Smash Apprentice
Even though there's no confirmation just yet, there's a lot of things going on that point to a direct happening Monday. More of the Mario 35th anniversary is popping up along with the "New" tab in the smash website being removed from the Fighters section. The new tab is typically removed around the time they're about to show off a new character and given that it would've been very likely we would've gotten fighter #7 announced at e3 without the pandemic going on, it's somewhat safe to believe we could get the next character revealed soon. We might of course need to wait for it's release.

So, what are some hopes for a potential nintendo direct in July?
Rex in smash and video games

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
toads always left out when it comes to the greater majority of the smash fandom
I'd say many of the people who don't think highly of Toad compare them to how people treat Raticate or other early weak Normal Type pokemon at the start of your journey: Nothing to write home about.

I wouldn't go that far, but i'm personally not that fond of toads to begin with.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'd say many of the people who don't think highly of Toad compare them to how people treat Raticate or other early weak Normal Type pokemon at the start of your journey: Nothing to write home about.

I wouldn't go that far, but i'm personally not that fond of toads to begin with.
obstagoon being the exception

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
if you say so
I mean is that those regional forms of the Zigzagoon line aren't treated like the region's weak normal type. That's taken by Greedent.
Plus a regional variant automatically changes people's views on the species getting it, as they assume it's better than the original.

In regards to the pokemon reveal, how would you feel if they decided to announce the series first and then later they show the pokemon character. Of course they'd tell us it's a pokemon from Sword & Shield.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I wonder if they'll just end up shadow dropping the direct at this point. Or maybe people were wrong about it.

Shared in the DLC discussion thread. Most likely fake, but Pokemon leaks are pretty rare, so I thought I'd share.

View attachment 279265
Is this for a smash tease? Cause if so, they're being really mean to people clamoring for an older gen pokemon.

If it's indeed from Sword & Shield they should just say so, cause they'll get everyone's hopes up for the obvious answer and get really mad.

Though, if it isn't from gen 8 i'd be surprised.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
geez at least go for something a little more original than just what happened last time
I'd honestly like something like it again. Though giving all regions would be a bad idea if they do choose gen 8.

Still, i think a pokemon character would be saved for fighter #8 or #9.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Do people use Bigfoot cameras or something? Why are these always so blurry?
Since when did this trend even start anyways? I'm sure it started a few years ago with either smash or pokemon leaks, but i can't pinpoint when it started.

It's become very laughable nowadays.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Shared in the DLC discussion thread. Most likely fake, but Pokemon leaks are pretty rare, so I thought I'd share.

View attachment 279265
That's a way I could see them doing the reveal as I don't think they'd just show a picture of a select few Pokemon as it just doesn't work as well as it did with ARNS due to the latter being a fighting game with a single game under its belt but I'd also expect it to be contained to gen 8 mons as older gen pokes just aren't happening, so it wouldn't even be a Spring Man situation where the most obvious character is discounted instead the most obvious category being the only plausible outcome. Either way I don't believe it but it provides discussion on how it could be announced

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
That's a way I could see them doing the reveal as I don't think they'd just show a picture of a select few Pokemon as it just doesn't work as well as it did with ARNS due to the latter being a fighting game with a single game under its belt but I'd also expect it to be contained to gen 8 mons as older gen pokes just aren't happening, so it wouldn't even be a Spring Man situation where the most obvious character is discounted instead the most obvious category being the only plausible outcome. Either way I don't believe it but it provides discussion on how it could be announced
They probably wouldn't make it seem like it was limited to just the Pokemon who appeared in the trailer. They'd probably show some footage of the games and say that a Pokemon who appears in SwSh will be added as the next character.

This leak suggests all regions are on the table, and I just don't see that happening. If they aren't gonna prioritize SwSh specifically, then I doubt they'd spend one of their 5 spots on a Pokemon. Doesn't make much sense.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
They probably wouldn't make it seem like it was limited to just the Pokemon who appeared in the trailer. They'd probably show some footage of the games and say that a Pokemon who appears in SwSh will be added as the next character.

This leak suggests all regions are on the table, and I just don't see that happening. If they aren't gonna prioritize SwSh specifically, then I doubt they'd spend one of their 5 spots on a Pokemon. Doesn't make much sense.
Yeah an older gen Pokemon isn't happening full stop as much as I hate to say it as that's just not how Pokemon selection goes barring genwun and clones. If they were going for an ARMS style tease that would be one way I would see it going but I agree that an ARMS style tease probably wouldn't happen. It sucks that older gens are left in the dust too. Gen 5 had so many unique options like Zoroark, Victini, any of the starters, Genesect etc and Gen 3 had Deoxys, any of the starters again etc and they will probably never be chosen. Gen 1 is honestly kind of a long shot now seeing how the pass is formatted so that's a shame too.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I don't see why past Gens are off the table just cause there's a recent release. If that was how it worked than Smash's Roster would be very limited.
It makes sense for marketing purposes. And it's only a few series that do this consistently (Pokemon, Fire Emblem). And even then Pokemon is more limiting than FE.
I think being the biggest media franchise in the world means you have a say as to what selection of pokemon Sakurai would get.

Though the more i think about it, given the direction of the anime & merchandise, this would be the best time to pull a 180 and give us a pokemon that isn't from the most recent release. But i'd still wouldn't begin to hope for it.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I don't see why past Gens are off the table just cause there's a recent release. If that was how it worked than Smash's Roster would be very limited.
Because that's just the smash tradition. Realistically, it doesn't make much sense to completely ignore the shiny new toy and instead go for an older toy which has certainly gotten old. Nintendo is a business first and foremost and with limited slots, they need to make the best selection they can. At this point the only older Pokemon who has anywhere near a plausible chance is Eevee but that sure as heck isn't happening for this game. It's pretty much either gen 8 or bust

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
So we do have our direct for tomorrow, but...

I pressume it's 3rd party stuff. And the japanese twitter said it's 10 minutes long. So definitely not much for us to look foward to.

Update: Yeah it was mostly nothing. SMT is finally on switch and Cadence of Hyrule is getting dlc, but the rest was a waste of time. The japanese had more stuff. And people of course are supper mad at nintendo and even the leakers.

I wonder if Nintendo really has anything big left for this year outside of dlc.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So...needless to say, yesterday's Direct wasn't very notable (unless you're a SMT fan, in which case you're likely still celebrating). All we have to go off for now is that there'll be more Mini Directs going forward, though their exact nature and frequency remains uncertain.

Still, they can't go too much longer without showing off whatever their holiday titles are. Even if they seem to be placing things closer to the vest with these games until they're absolutely sure they'll hit the planned release date--for example, Paper Mario was probably meant to be revealed in the March Direct, but they pulled it back to be on the safe side.

We're stuck in limbo for now, but we also aren't any worse off than before. Thoughts, everyone?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Nintendo released a statement on the impact COVID-19 will have on their upcoming projects.

Not really sure how to interpret it, but I'm adamant that we're still getting something big for the holiday season. The last few months of development should be used to polish the game, and I'm not sure why they wouldn't be able to do most of that at home without any major issues. If Origami King could still make its summer release, I'm certain they could do the same with titles scheduled for November.

Then again, no Direct in sight for the time being. If we don't get anything by August, then I'd advise preparing for the worst.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Nintendo released a statement on the impact COVID-19 will have on their upcoming projects.

Not really sure how to interpret it, but I'm adamant that we're still getting something big for the holiday season. The last few months of development should be used to polish the game, and I'm not sure why they wouldn't be able to do most of that at home without any major issues. If Origami King could still make its summer release, I'm certain they could do the same with titles scheduled for November.

Then again, no Direct in sight for the time being. If we don't get anything by August, then I'd advise preparing for the worst.
I believe they were sitting on Origami King for a while before it was announced, so it could've released earlier.
And while it's speculation, i think Min Min could've dropped at e3.

Given how unecessary this direct was, as twitter posts would've sufficed, it's best to not expect many new games for the rest of the year.
At least our focus is on dlc, so it's not that bad. Just a matter of when we get more info on Crown Tundra & Fighter #7.

So let's talk about pokemon tastes: What's the thing about mainline pokemon games you hate & the thing you love the most.

-My least favorite thing has to be not being able to skip tutorials, especially gen 7 & Pokestar studios in BW ver 2.
-The thing i love the most is the pokemon themselves: their designs, personalities and inspirations.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So...needless to say, yesterday's Direct wasn't very notable (unless you're a SMT fan, in which case you're likely still celebrating). All we have to go off for now is that there'll be more Mini Directs going forward, though their exact nature and frequency remains uncertain.
as far as nature goes they did imply theyd be similar to yesetrdays

zacian

Smash Apprentice
hidden ability capsules were found in the data for Crown Tundra

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
hidden ability capsules were found in the data for Crown Tundra
The newer games are making this stuff way too easy. No difficulty at all.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Are they purposefully letting stuff like this leak so easily or do they suck at keeping certain things out of the code?

I do recal the fact that GF does have bad programmers: as in they're very inneficient. They use up way more memory space than they should, like copy and pasting 3d models of every single character into every single area seperated from a transition, instead of having a simple algorithm to call that 3d model. And apparently this was also why they needed Iwata to help Pokemon Gold & Silver even become a thing, because of their poor job at leaving out unnecesary code.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Are they purposefully letting stuff like this leak so easily or do they suck at keeping certain things out of the code?

I do recal the fact that GF does have bad programmers: as in they're very inneficient. They use up way more memory space than they should, like copy and pasting 3d models of every single character into every single area seperated from a transition, instead of having a simple algorithm to call that 3d model. And apparently this was also why they needed Iwata to help Pokemon Gold & Silver even become a thing, because of their poor job at leaving out unnecesary code.
I never knew that. Would explain a lot.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If there is a trade, I wouldn't get my hopes up for Sobble. I can't see Ash trading any of his Pokemon away, that is, unless he catches another in the immediate future.

Realistically, this is probably Goh trading with a random trainer.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
If there is a trade, I wouldn't get my hopes up for Sobble. I can't see Ash trading any of his Pokemon away, that is, unless he catches another in the immediate future.

Realistically, this is probably Goh trading with a random trainer.
I was thinking Galarian Farfetch'd. But we'll see. Maybe it's like an accidental trade and they need to get their pokemon back, or maybe we'll have a Battle on Board the S.S Anne type scenario. Or yours.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
It might not even be an official trade, maybe Goh and Ash will just loan each other their Pokemon for a short while. For example, Ash gets to train Raboot and Goh gets to experience what it's like to raise a Pikachu (which will then encourage him to catch one in a later episode). Edit* nevermind, Serebii says that Goh will take part in a local Trade Festival where someone wants to trade to get a Pinsir. But in a later episode Goh will go out to try and catch his own Pikachu

Last edited:
Top Bottom