• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
So is it safe to say that we may enter a big drought throught the month of July and August in terms of general Nintendo news (and especially Pokemon & Smash)?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Someone in Japan made this a week or so ago.

82334718_p0_master1200.jpg

Nice to be reminded that there are other supporters outside this thread.

So is it safe to say that we may enter a big drought throught the month of July and August in terms of general Nintendo news (and especially Pokemon & Smash)?
Smash? Probably. General Nintendo news? I doubt it. I'm sure they'll talk about something being released this holiday before September.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Does anyone want more characters after the second pass? I'm not sure anymore, as i'm no longer demanding a specific character anymore and it's starting to get quite costly to get all dlc. And i'm the type of person who will buy every single playable character even if it's just for the music & stage alone.

On another note, would the pokemon character reveal trailer be in the smash animation style or a unique animation like Min Min, Byleth & Joker?

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Does anyone want more characters after the second pass? I'm not sure anymore, as i'm no longer demanding a specific character anymore and it's starting to get quite costly to get all dlc. And i'm the type of person who will buy every single playable character even if it's just for the music & stage alone.

On another note, would the pokemon character reveal trailer be in the smash animation style or a unique animation like Min Min, Byleth & Joker?
I personally feel like Pass 2 is already stretching it, and a third pass would probably be overdoing it (not to mention how sluggish it would feel to still get characters, like, four years after the games release). The base roster was already great, Pass 1 was very welcome and Pass 2 is the cherry on top of the cake. Maybe some individual pack if absolutely necessary, but I think Sakurai should take a rest after Pass 2.

As for the animation for the trailer, maybe an anime-esque trailer could fit Pokémon, even though the games themselves usually have pretty generic graphics etc and not any general artstyle. I’d assume Pokémon would get a typical, Smash CGI trailer though.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Pokemon 2019 Episode 26 literally killed me. What the hell was that episode?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

I’m gonna keep wanting characters until toad and chibi are in, after that I may chill a li

I personally feel like Pass 2 is already stretching it, and a third pass would probably be overdoing it (not to mention how sluggish it would feel to still get characters, like, four years after the games release). The base roster was already great, Pass 1 was very welcome and Pass 2 is the cherry on top of the cake. Maybe some individual pack if absolutely necessary, but I think Sakurai should take a rest after Pass 2.

As for the animation for the trailer, maybe an anime-esque trailer could fit Pokémon, even though the games themselves usually have pretty generic graphics etc and not any general artstyle. I’d assume Pokémon would get a typical, Smash CGI trailer though.
I mean the base roster was ok but i

Pokemon 2019 Episode 26 literally killed me. What the hell was that episode?
why what happened

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I think it'll be at least a couple months before we hear anything Smash-related. They'll need more time to get everything ready for Fighter #7 (my bet is an October release), especially in the likely scenario that development on their reveal trailer has been set back by lockdowns. Maybe if a fall Direct happens in September, we'll get the reveal trailer then? If not, it might just be a standalone thing...or they'll keep quiet until the day of their presentation like with Byleth.

Do I think we'll go that long without any Nintendo news? Not a chance. We know of nothing beyond Paper Mario, and it's out just three weeks. They'll need to drop more news at some point in the coming weeks, especially to get people excited for whatever their big holiday titles are...doubly so if the rumors about one of them are true...

(Had more to say here, but Crashboards happened. Typical.)

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I presume the Box Art renders will do?
And i also saw that you can equip the Min Min spirit to Min Min.

If only Zacian got in, would they keep the Zacian/Zamazenta spirit together or would they seperate it?
Any artwork would do. They have quite a few choices.

I doubt they'd even touch the Spirit. Min Min's Spirit was left unchanged, so that's probably what they'd do in this case too.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Yeah, Zacian and Zamazenta are fine.

View attachment 276720
Well, that's one way to handle it. Just find a completely different render than the one the original spirit used. That wouldn't be hard for us, between the Sugimori art, box art renders, and other misc. artwork that already exists.

This also shows how they handled making the name different from the original spirit. Any future newcomers who already have spirits will get the same thing added to the ends of their Fighter Spirits.

Man, I think I've said "spirit" enough times to last a week.

I presume the Box Art renders will do?
If only Zacian got in, would they keep the Zacian/Zamazenta spirit together or would they seperate it?
I imagine they'd keep the original spirit as-is either way, since they did exactly that for Min Min's. Kind of a shame they didn't change any pre-existing spirit battles, but I can see why. What if swapping the character made the new version significantly easier or harder than the original was?

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I just realized that it's very likely the gen 8 pokemon that gets picked will have their voice over debut in smash bros.

I'm very curious to see how either Inteleon, Zacian, Zamazenta, Toxtricity or Dragapult would sound like. Cause I remember Greninja's voice caught me off guard at first before seeing it as the definitive voice (I even prefer the english voice to the japanese one).

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Everyone enjoying their summer?

View attachment 277024

So, what are our thoughts on Gen 8 getting character now? Which Pokemon are we expecting?
With or without the pandemic, i'm always inside my house for the whole summer, so it's fine i guess. Don't really do much.

At this point i don't know anymore. People say Cinderace is the most popular, others say Toxtricity, some others will swear by the starter type triangle with Rillaboom, and others still think we'll either get Urshifu or a new pokemon to be introduced in the Crown Tundra.

I only have wants for who the new pokemon would be: Inteleon, Dragapult, Toxtricity, Corviknight or Zacian would get me excited.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Everyone enjoying their summer?

View attachment 277024

So, what are our thoughts on Gen 8 getting character now? Which Pokemon are we expecting?
I think things are mostly unchanged for now. Spirits are 100% in play now (which helps us), but the ARMS content that accompanied Min Min didn't take a sharp enough left turn to imply any major shifts in design philosophy. Sword & Shield still happen to have the perfect combination of timing and character options to be worth looking at for Smash DLC.

I do think a lot of the community is still looking at the wrong things. If Rillaboom is chosen, it won't be for the sake of completing a starter trio--Smash newcomers aren't picked as a means of filling quotas or patterns like that. Cinderace being the apparent anime "shillmon" of Gen 8 doesn't guarantee an invite--not when Gen 7's counterpart, Dusk Lycanroc, didn't make the base game (though timing was potentially a problem there). Popularity alone wouldn't hand it to Toxtricity, nor would Urshifu be forced in as "promotion" for Isle of Armor--both ideas have been pushed hard from speculators assuming first party characters must be chosen those ways and working backwards to "prove" it.

Basically, speculation for Pokémon characters is revolving around mons that got popular outside their home series or who Smash fans that aren't necessarily Pokémon fans believe must be happening. This makes it harder to figure out who might actually get looked at, especially when that kind of tunnel vision leads to other mons getting overlooked. Remember back in Smash 4, where "everyone knew" they'd just bring Mewtwo back with a new Mega form and call that the Gen 6 fighter?

I still think we're best off looking at Rillaboom, Cinderace, Inteleon, and Zacian and/or Zamazenta, with no clear frontrunner for now. The starters all have something to offer in some way, this gen's cover legendaries are both the most prominent in-story they've ever been and actually capable of working in Smash in ways previous sets weren't, and there appears to be no Lucario counterpart this time.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
So... a lot of stuff has been going down in the smash community.

It really sucks, but i think it's better to try and refrain from speaking about it to avoid bringing down the mood. Or at the most say your thoughts in 1 comment and leave it there.

Things have not been great overall for the world, but lets be strong.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I still want to believe this image from the opening is hinting at something.

Screenshot_20191207-234542_YouTube.jpg

Could just be a coincidence since Gen 8 is heavily associated with these colors, but I'm fairly sure Zacian and Zamazenta will be involved with the Eternatus we saw in an earlier episode.

So... a lot of stuff has been going down in the smash community.

It really sucks, but i think it's better to try and refrain from speaking about it to avoid bringing down the mood. Or at the most say your thoughts in 1 comment and leave it there.

Things have not been great overall for the world, but lets be strong.
I know there are more than a few people are bothered by it, but it's not really relevant to the thread anyway.

Best to keep the topic on Pokemon and the Legendaries.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I still want to believe this image from the opening is hinting at something.

View attachment 277150

Could just be a coincidence since Gen 8 is heavily associated with these colors, but I'm fairly sure Zacian and Zamazenta will be involved with the Eternatus we saw in an earlier episode.

I know there are more than a few people are bothered by it, but it's not really relevant to the thread anyway.

Best to keep the topic on Pokemon and the Legendaries.
How long would it take for them to show up?

To me it seems like they could easily finish the world tournament story by the end of this year if they keep the pace they have now.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
How long would it take for them to show up?

To me it seems like they could easily finish the world tournament story by the end of this year if they keep the pace they have now.
Even with the delay, they'll probably at least make some sort of cameo before the end of the year. Sonia will debut soon, so I could see them using her to officially start the Zacian/Zamazenta/Eternatus arc.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
In regards to the reveal trailer, regardless of the pokemon, which theme would they use for the gameplay portion of the Trailer. For the most part they've used new remixes for these segments:
-Beneath the Mask - Joker.
-Spiral Mountain - Banjo & Kazooie.
-Kurikinton - Terry.
-Three Houses Main Theme - Byleth.
-Arms Main Theme - Min Min.

What song from SwSh is the more iconic or most likely to be used?

Staarih

Smash Master
So, it was Ash who caught Galarian Farfetch'd in today's episode. I was assuming it would go to Goh, but I'm pleasantely surprised. It'll likely evolve to Sirfetch'd at some point, soo... Sirfetch'd in Smash outcries incoming?

Next week is Sobble's debut, so I wonder if it'll go to Goh instead. The preview seems to imply interactions between the two, but we'll see. Maybe he'll be the one with all the Galar starters in the end, who knows, would make for quite the promotion to have a main team consist of the Galar starters. There seemed to be some lore aspects in the episode too, with Sonia and Rose, so maybe Zacian/Zamazenta stuff will begin to occur gradually.

What song from SwSh is the more iconic or most likely to be used?
The Gym Leader Battle theme, to me, is quite distinctive and iconic to Sw/Sh in particular, so I'd go with that.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Lots of stuff to talk about.

Let's start with the things that involve Zacian and Zamazenta.

MTvpe1MrVbgXsVgSBVQOzxWRvfaHFg--.jpeg.jpg
MTsYD7o6gmMjKObGPbnfRt.0JYH1bg--.jpg
MTsyOfU293w.fdj7AYr765aNhXdFEw--.jpg
MTtZOLG6vq9JB0jVtsuY2Tj0GK6iqg--.jpeg.jpg

They're really setting things up now. Shouldn't be much longer until this plot becomes central to the story.

Next, we got the preview for the Sobble episode.

Seems like Gou may be the one to capture Sobble. I'm a little disappointed by that, but at least it works in our favor. If Sobble steals some of the spotlight away from Raboot, then maybe people will stop acting like Cinderace has this in the bag. Speaking of which...

Seems like Raboot might evolve soon. If that's true, then Sobble might take over Scorbunny's role and be the Pokemon who's always on-screen. Larger Pokemon are more likely to be held in their Pokeballs.

Lastly, we have today's episode, and Ash catches
Galarian FarFetch'd

I can already tell you who's gonna get a spike in support after today.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

They're really setting things up now. Shouldn't be much longer until this plot becomes central to the story.

Seems like Gou may be the one to capture Sobble. I'm a little disappointed by that, but at least it works in our favor. If Sobble steals some of the spotlight away from Raboot, then maybe people will stop acting like Cinderace has this in the bag. Speaking of which...

Seems like Raboot might evolve soon. If that's true, then Sobble might take over Scorbunny's role and be the Pokemon who's always on-screen. Larger Pokemon are more likely to be held in their Pokeballs.

Galarian FarFetch'd

That's just how this community works.
Side Note: If Raboot is evolving soon, than that means that this is one of the fastest fully evolved pokemon to appear.

zacian

Smash Apprentice
Dumb question: if Zacian holds items in its mouth along with the sword, does that mean it’s dual wielding

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Dumb question: if Zacian holds items in its mouth along with the sword, does that mean it’s dual wielding
Technically, I don't think it would qualify as dual wielding. Treat the mouth as if it were a hand. Unless Zacian can somehow attack with both weapons at once, it's not dual wielding.

Now if it used its ribbon-like fur to hold items, that would qualify as dual wielding.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

Galarian FarFetch'd

I didn't expect that pokemon to be ash's first galar pokemon, but it's a welcome surprise. And it's surprising that Ash is so close to having a full team of 6, which makes me wonder if he will catch more than 5 pokemon in the series. I'd be lying if i wasn't concerned about some of them getting sidelined like half of Ash's Unova pokemon.

It does seem like Gou will get Sobble (unless the preview is a red herring), but if so, then that would mean Ash would be the last to get a starter pokemon added to his team, which is so bizzare. He's usually the first or second person to get at least 1 starter.

And this may be further proof that Gou might become bigger for the future.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I didn't expect that pokemon to be ash's first galar pokemon, but it's a welcome surprise. And it's surprising that Ash is so close to having a full team of 6, which makes me wonder if he will catch more than 5 pokemon in the series. I'd be lying if i wasn't concerned about some of them getting sidelined like half of Ash's Unova pokemon.

It does seem like Gou will get Sobble (unless the preview is a red herring), but if so, then that would mean Ash would be the last to get a starter pokemon added to his team, which is so bizzare. He's usually the first or second person to get at least 1 starter.

And this may be further proof that Gou might become bigger for the future.
Well, note that Ash's Kingler and 30 Tauros had hardly any role at all.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Well, note that Ash's Kingler and 30 Tauros had hardly any role at all.
Which is why the idea that ash gets more than 5-6 pokemon is concerning. Aside from Black & White, from gen 4 onwards they've been generally great at giving all of Ash's pokemon some screentime, personality and development with very few getting the short end of the stick (ex: Torterra, Noivern, etc.).

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Which is why the idea that ash gets more than 5-6 pokemon is concerning. Aside from Black & White, from gen 4 onwards they've been generally great at giving all of Ash's pokemon some screentime, personality and development with very few getting the short end of the stick (ex: Torterra, Noivern, etc.).
Noivern I had some leftover questions about, Torterra was kinda forgotten about.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

Galarian FarFetch'd

In order:

- Rose, Sonia, and the hero statue bodes well for things getting serious going forward. Though I wonder what how long they plan on stretching out the anime's version of the ingame events. If the Second Darkest Day (so to speak) is wrapped up by the end of this year, what will they do for the next two?

- Yep, had a feeling Goh would be the one to get the Sobble. Willing to bet he'll also end up with a Grookey eventually. Maybe also Kubfu, if they do anything with the Isle of Armor?

- Hard to say if Goh's Raboot evolving soon would shake things up. The anime's been better about giving all of the main characters' mons screen time the past few years.

That's just how this community works.
Side Note: If Raboot is evolving soon, than that means that this is one of the fastest fully evolved pokemon to appear.
It'd depend on when the evolution happens. Ash's Rockruff evolved in early August of Gen 7's first year, and we're only a month away from Gen 8's equivalent.

And finally:

Well, didn't see that coming. I figured Ash's team would be entirely pre-Gen 8 mons. I suppose a regional variant still half-counts?

Yeah, I figure this'll lead to Sirfetch'd getting an uptick in attention from speculators...though I'm kind of skeptical of its actual chances. Not only is it only obtainable in Sword, does it even appear in Shield at all? One of the major reasons why I think Zacian and Zamazenta have a legitimate chance is because they both play crucial story roles in both versions.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Also, you guys think Journeys will bring back some of Ash's old Pokemon? Even if it's not the ones at Oak's Lab, some of the released or in training Pokemon, (like Greninja, Lapras, Primeape, Butterfree, the Alola Pokemon, etc) would be nice to see again.

Top Bottom