• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
You can walk the dog in Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield.

This does make me wonder if we can expect Future pokemon games to feature this from the start, as i don't think they'd have to tweak the models for gen 9 too much. I'm very surprised that they kept this secret from us (though i don't like how some move too fast or too slow, with the latter forcing them to pop up close to you. I think the animations are pulled from Camp).

On another note, i'm wondering when we're getting any news on smash ultimate.

Last edited:

zacian

Smash Apprentice
arms fighter soon

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
arms fighter soon
Glad they're telling us right off the bat that it's ARMS and only ARMS. I wasn't confident that we were getting another reveal due to how much time we have left before the 2021 deadline, so I suppose my low expectations slightly paid off.

Anywho, ARMS character is quickly approaching. Very exciting.

found myself a shiny jigglypuff today
Congrats!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Glad they're telling us right off the bat that it's ARMS and only ARMS. I wasn't confident that we were getting another reveal due to how much time we have left before the 2021 deadline, so I suppose my low expectations slightly paid off.

Anywho, ARMS character is quickly approaching. Very exciting.
Aye. While we don't have to worry about who'll be revealed next for a while yet, we do still have a vested interest in how this one turns out. If the ARMS character (or characters) is someone who is already a spirit, that bodes well for us.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
arms fighter soon
Given that i can't really think of what they could talk about the arms character other than moveset for 30 minutes, then the moveset must really be something.

What mii costumes could they show off and what would be the equivalent of Sans & Cuphead?
I'd love to see Hollow Knight.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Has anyone tried to release Kubfu right after getting it and continue playing the dlc story? What transpires is honestly quite baffling.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Datamines suggest that there's framework of what appears to be a possible third DLC wave.

It's just a starting point likely made in case they want to make more DLC, but a third wave would mean SwSh would go on until 2021.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Datamines suggest that there's framework of what appears to be a possible third DLC wave.

It's just a starting point likely made in case they want to make more DLC, but a third wave would mean SwSh would go on until 2021.
itll be hard to top scotland

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
let me have this, we're not getting a full scottish region, just let us have this
To be fair, there could be way more than we've seen up til now. From the datamine it's significantly bigger than Isle of Armor. And from the footage we've seen there's both Greenery & Snowy locations. There could be plenty of houses with Scotish people living in them.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, there could be way more than we've seen up til now. From the datamine it's significantly bigger than Isle of Armor. And from the footage we've seen there's both Greenery & Snowy locations. There could be plenty of houses with Scotish people living in them.
yeah but its not full fledged region with its own pokemon league, trio of starters and everything. dont get me wrong crown tundra looks amazing but we're not happy about just being an expansion area for england

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

Wait, who found that and where? It may just be future proofing, but a surprise third wave of DLC could potentially be what they've put off announcing until the 24th.

Though there're questions that'd need to be answered. How would its price be handled? Awkwardly set separately from the main pass? Where would it take place? What new features would make it a worthwhile purchase? And would it affect the ability to make a new mainline title happen next year?

Strange how we have major Nintendo news happening on two separate days this week.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Wait, who found that and where? It may just be future proofing, but a surprise third wave of DLC could potentially be what they've put off announcing until the 24th.

Though there're questions that'd need to be answered. How would its price be handled? Awkwardly set separately from the main pass? Where would it take place? What new features would make it a worthwhile purchase? And would it affect the ability to make a new mainline title happen next year?

Strange how we have major Nintendo news happening on two separate days this week.
I can't remember where I found it, but it looks like they were future proofing the overworld map in case they wanted to add a third area to the left (Isle of Armor is on the right, Crown Tundra is on the bottom). It's pretty barebones, but it's a starting point nonetheless.

That was the extent of the stuff that suggests a third wave though, so it's no guarantee. If that's what they plan on revealing this week, we'll probably have a lot of our questions answered by then.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I can't remember where I found it, but it looks like they were future proofing the overworld map in case they wanted to add a third area to the left (Isle of Armor is on the right, Crown Tundra is on the bottom). It's pretty barebones, but it's a starting point nonetheless.

That was the extent of the stuff that suggests a third wave though, so it's no guarantee. If that's what they plan on revealing this week, we'll probably have a lot of our questions answered by then.
If it's as barebones as you say, there's gonna be no gameplay footage, even if it's revealed then.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so in regards to the leaked pokemon for crown tundra

anyone noticed that the only gen to have all its mythical pokemon missing is gen 4? thats gonna fuel the remake speculation

zacian

Smash Apprentice
Here’s the arms fighter if anyone’s curious
It’s Min Min

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Kinda sad that we didn't get alts of other characters, but oh well. I really wanted ARMS, so I can't complain too much.

Anywho, not much changed for Zacian and Zamazenta, or at least that's what the community would say. Sakurai did explain that as more DLC is released, existing Spirits can be updated to better represent themselves. Zacian and Zamazenta could be updated to feature themselves instead of Fox and Wolf.

On a smaller but similar note, Min Min will have two Spirits. At the very least, we now have solid proof that characters can receive more than one Spirit.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Well, I think that was a net gain for us. We now have 100% confirmation that Spirits are eligible to make the jump to playable. Considering the SwSh spirit event was probably made long before Vol. 2's lineup was locked in, and also considering they might've pulled the exact thing with Vol. 2 that they've done for Pokémon newcomers in the past two base games and left a spot open for a Gen 8 newcomer to be named later once things were more clear...Zacian and Zamaenta are in much better position than they were prior.

The question now is if the invite will come. And if we can actually get people to notice how completely unique either--or both--would be.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Vault Boy caught me off guard. I know Bethesda has support on Switch & that there's no real barriers outside of not being a video game character, but it's just so surreal seeing Fallout content in smash (the last thing i need is FNAF, cause if it happens i think i'll be done).

I wonder how long it will take to get fighter #7. I assume it's reasonable to think it'll be the last character we'll get in 2020?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I dunno if this is relevant or not but Min Min’s spirit board uses some of the arms spirits that were already in the game
Shows us how little the SwSh Spirit Event meant.

If Zacian and/or Zamazenta become playable, they'll just get another Spirit like Min Min. If they don't, then they'll just be reused and Sakurai can save some time on the Spirit Board.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Kinda sad that we didn't get alts of other characters, but oh well. I really wanted ARMS, so I can't complain too much.
I assume it's cause Sakurai didn't want to homogenise all the arms characters, as they do have significantly different atributes & abilities, which would be betraying the characters.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I assume it's cause Sakurai didn't want to homogenise all the arms characters, as they do have significantly different atributes & abilities, which would be betraying the characters.
I know none of the characters could've worked with Min Min. That's why I wanted Spring Man. Springtron would definitely work, and I'm sure Ribbon Girl wouldn't be that difficult either.

I suppose an Echo or semi-clone is possible down the line, but probably not for this game.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I know none of the characters could've worked with Min Min. That's why I wanted Spring Man. Springtron would definitely work, and I'm sure Ribbon Girl wouldn't be that difficult either.

I suppose an Echo or semi-clone is possible down the line, but probably not for this game.
Something we learned from this is that the Mascot character doesn't necessarily has to be the character. I know it doesn't really apply to Pokemon, but for many series it's a big deal.
Maybe this could indirectly mean that Starters aren't automatically the character picked for smash, maybe it never was to begin with. I'm honestly excited (with caution of course) to see what they do for the very likely gen 8 pokemon.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Wait, aren't Zacian and Zamazenta the mascots for Sw/Sh? They're on the boxart after all.
Typically box art legendaries aren't chosen. Yes they're the mascots, but characters like Lucario and Greninja got in over their legendaries. It's not unlikely for it to be someone else. Of course those legendaries were giant so there wasn't much of a chance anyways, so with these somewhat smaller legendaries we might see them.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=c_JydNKrmQ0&usg=AOvVaw25KmuNzTAAbuS_TJTY2m0I
This better be the turning animation.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Wait, aren't Zacian and Zamazenta the mascots for Sw/Sh? They're on the boxart after all.
The first forms of the three starters and the Legendaries are who I'd call the mascots.

I really wouldn't label a majority of the Pokemon in Smash mascots. They're icons, but Lucario certainly wasn't the mascot of DP, and the following two final evo starters weren't really the mascots of their respective games; their base forms were.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
With how the Arms spirit board seems to work, i presume that they'd reuse some of the SwSh spirits to save time & resources along with adding a few new ones.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So... I don't think they'll just reuse Gen 8 spirits for the spirit board if it happens. Sure it happened with Ninjara and Ribbon Girl, but they were only summonable prior to this, not fully fledged battles. So basically, it was all new stuff anyways, so the SWSH board might just all be new things.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So... I don't think they'll just reuse Gen 8 spirits for the spirit board if it happens. Sure it happened with Ninjara and Ribbon Girl, but they were only summonable prior to this, not fully fledged battles. So basically, it was all new stuff anyways, so the SWSH board might just all be new things.
theres plenty to work with so we could see either id think

Top Bottom